PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Fitba'- Questions for Kenny MacAskill

Fenriz
02-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Hey guys,

Kenny Macaskill MSP will be on the show in a couple of weeks time to discuss his involvement with HSL and the goings on at the club over the last few months. Obviously there's a lot of information on the forum already concerning the share issue, but if you have any questions regarding Kenny's involvement in particular, post away on here!

Previous shows, as always, can be found at
http://www.mixcloud.com/MNFitba/
http://mondaynightfitba.podbean.com/
And iTunes/Youtube.

LaMotta
02-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Does he stand by his decision to accept the Parole Board's recommendation to release Abdelbasset ali Mohmed al Megrahi from HMP Greenock?

Eyrie
02-02-2015, 10:33 PM
How would he compare the negative reporting by the media about HSL to the slavish encouragement for Save Hearts In Trouble?

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Does he stand by his decision to accept the Parole Board's recommendation to release Abdelbasset ali Mohmed al Megrahi from HMP Greenock?

Love it. :greengrin

What about a question in why you need to be 21 to buy from an off licence but 18 in the pub next door?

Sir David Gray
02-02-2015, 11:21 PM

That would be my first question for him too.

Quickly followed by asking him why he didn't resign as Justice Secretary following the international outcry that his decision caused.

GreenPJ
02-02-2015, 11:45 PM

Quickly followed by asking him why he didn't resign as Justice Secretary following the international outcry that his decision caused.

Aye shocking that he didn't do what America wanted.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2015, 11:52 PM

If every Government minister resigned every time they followed their own country's protocols, and by doing so upset a couple of other Governments, the Government wouldn't be fit to govern.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2015, 11:56 PM
If every Government minister resigned every time they followed their own country's protocols, and by doing so upset a couple of other Governments, they wouldn't be in a job very long.

Most Government ministers aren't responsible for allowing the release of someone who's been convicted of the worst terrorist attack on that country's soil in living memory.

Mon Dieu4
03-02-2015, 12:02 AM
Most Government ministers aren't responsible for allowing the release of someone who's been convicted of the worst terrorist attack on that country's soil in living memory.

Im more ashamed that only one guy was ever "brought to justice" he must have been some dude to carry that out all on his own, or the governments of the involved countries thought a scapegoat would help so they could maintain their cosy arms and oil deals

#2 Double Tap
03-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Im more ashamed that only one guy was ever "brought to justice" he must have been some dude to carry that out all on his own, or the governments of the involved countries thought a scapegoat would help so they could maintain their cosy arms and oil deals

power corrupts & money talks -

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Love it. :greengrin

What about a question in why you need to be 21 to buy from an off licence but 18 in the pub next door?

Oops look what I've started!

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:35 AM

Agree.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2015, 12:39 AM
You're missing my point.

The rules governing his decision were already in place. I'd have been more concerned had he ignored those rules and succumbed to foreign pressure.

IIRC, Jack Straw was one of his critics. The same Jack Straw that used similar legislation to free Ronnie Biggs.

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:43 AM
You're missing my point.

The rules governing his decision were already in place. I'd have been more concerned had he ignored those rules and succumbed to foreign pressure.

IIRC, Jack Straw was one of his critics. The same Jack Straw that used similar legislation to free Ronnie Biggs.

And had he not accepted the recomendation by the Parole Board it would have been the first time a minister had done so.

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Can you ask Kenny if he prefers Scott Allan or Liam Craig?

Is Oxley good or gash? ( no room for a middle ground answer)

#2 Double Tap
03-02-2015, 12:46 AM
And had he not accepted the recomendation by the Parole Board it would have been the first time a minister had done so.

don't you think big decisions like that shouldnt be made my ministers - it should be done by a jury, just like when you are convicted.

CropleyWasGod
03-02-2015, 12:50 AM
Can you ask Kenny if he prefers Scott Allan or Liam Craig?

Is Oxley good or gash? ( no room for a middle ground answer)
Also ask him which is his favourite Proclaimer.

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:51 AM
don't you think big decisions like that shouldnt be made my ministers - it should be done by a jury, just like when you are convicted.

But thats exactly what happened. The parole board is a jury of sorts made up of 6 people who are a mix of judges, sheriffs, solicitors, social workers and ex prison staff depending on the rota each week.

Kenny Mac signed off the decision but he didnt really make it.

LaMotta
03-02-2015, 12:53 AM
Also ask him which is his favourite Proclaimer.

And how outraged was he when Sir Tom Jones labelled 500 miles a novelty song on The Voice?

Prof. Shaggy
03-02-2015, 06:50 AM

Just like when who is convicted?

emerald green
03-02-2015, 07:02 AM
What has the initial take up on buying shares through HSL been like, or is it too early to say?

Are the directors of HSL happy or otherwise so far?

Fenriz
03-02-2015, 07:15 AM
What has the initial take up on buying shares through HSL been like, or is it too early to say?

Are the directors of HSL happy or otherwise so far?

That's more like it! We're probably just going to talk to him about Hibs to be honest, sorry :greengrin

Think the fact that his guest spot is in a couple of weeks might have given them some idea of how the initial uptake has been.

wearethehibs
03-02-2015, 08:14 AM
Ask him how he feels about the Scottish Police using the ridiculous law he passed to slap football banning orders on innocent supporters before they've even had a trail.

#2 Double Tap
03-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Just like when who is convicted?

u r not a very good troll. :-D

emerald green
03-02-2015, 06:58 PM
That's more like it! We're probably just going to talk to him about Hibs to be honest, sorry :greengrin

Think the fact that his guest spot is in a couple of weeks might have given them some idea of how the initial uptake has been.

OK ta, look forward to hearing what he says. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
03-02-2015, 10:16 PM

Cause it was the right decision

Andy74
03-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Topical one here.

Which Spice Girl does he prefer?

Sir David Gray
03-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Cause it was the right decision

In your opinion.

I strongly disagree.

Bostonhibby
03-02-2015, 10:54 PM
Following the HOH Gorilla's sweeping success at altering opinions across the city and beyond does Kenny see a future for using amusing animal costumes to do the same on the other great issues of the day? If so which of the following costumes does he feel is likely to win most hearts and minds to the "animals" cause?

a) Any costume that loosely resembles a primate?

b) A Tasmanian Devil?

c) Clarence the cross eyed Lion?

d) Zippy from Rainbow?

e) Other?

Greentinted
03-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Are you proud of the pigs arse that is Police Scotland? One of the several aberrations you presided over you complete and utter helmet!

Dr Jimmy
03-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Are you proud of the pigs arse that is Police Scotland? One of the several aberrations you presided over you complete and utter helmet!

Not a fan of Kenny then?

lucky
03-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Ask him how he felt getting lifted at Wembley for D&D and how many years ban would he have got under the ridiculous anti football fan laws he brought in?

Is he really a Hibs fan and does he go to games?

Prof. Shaggy
03-02-2015, 11:50 PM
u r not a very good troll. :-D

That's because I'm not a troll.

Scott Allan Key
03-02-2015, 11:53 PM

Absolutely.

Greentinted
03-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Not a fan of Kenny then?

Does it show? :greengrin

Fenriz
15-02-2015, 05:50 PM
Looking forward to chatting to KM tomorrow. Any further (Hibs related) questions, post away! :flag:

3pm
15-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Can you ask him why he stopped doing the weather?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Can you ask him why he stopped doing the weather?

Was that not Wincey Willis?

Eyrie
15-02-2015, 07:53 PM
Looking forward to chatting to KM tomorrow. Any further (Hibs related) questions, post away! :flag:

Ask him if he can remember the last time we lost to a team called Rangers in 90 minutes.

Ask him if there should be better separation of opposing fans at half-empty grounds.

Danderhall Hibs
16-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Where does he stand on alcohol being allowed in football stadia? Why is it allowed in any other sport?

superfurryhibby
16-02-2015, 10:02 AM
Ask him where he sees the future of the club. How do we generate funds if the fans own 51%

ahibby
16-02-2015, 10:22 AM

It's not just the Police but individual FE colleges were merged in to Regional colleges which in some cases have caused chaos but I don't blame Holyrood because those kind of savings were forced by Westminster unless the Scottish Government could pull money out of thin air. Unfortunately then I could ask him the same question about certain Regional Colleges. If Scotland kept all it's revenue then I'm sure we could have kept Regional Police forces and our traditional colleges.

LaMotta
16-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Did Salmond ever try to do the 5-1 sign to him, and if so how hard did he want to punch Salmond in the face?

Hermit Crab
16-02-2015, 01:58 PM
I'd like to ask him how he feels on the possible reintroduction of standing areas in top flight scottish stadia. Controlled safe standing following the German model. Not talking about going back to the days of packed terraces and high fences. :aok:

MB62
16-02-2015, 02:29 PM

:agree: 100% although should that not read Police GLASGOW, as officers and staff now commonly refer to it.

Hannah_hfc
16-02-2015, 03:02 PM
Where does he stand on alcohol being allowed in football stadia? Why is it allowed in any other sport?
I recall him being supportive when the ban on drinking at the rugby was lifted so I would be interested to hear his views on this.

Fenriz
16-02-2015, 06:38 PM
I recall him being supportive when the ban on drinking at the rugby was lifted so I would be interested to hear his views on this.

We were planning on having an opening question on alcohol in football so will definitely get his thoughts on the matter. Cheers for the questions folks! Should be an interesting show.

Hermit Crab
16-02-2015, 08:37 PM
We were planning on having an opening question on alcohol in football so will definitely get his thoughts on the matter. Cheers for the questions folks! Should be an interesting show.

I will be interested to hear his answer on safe standing areas and whether he supports the idea. :aok:

lord bunberry
16-02-2015, 09:17 PM
I would say that's more a statement than a question

Irish Dave
17-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Great show tonight, almost all hibs talk, which balances out other weeks

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Great show tonight, almost all hibs talk, which balances out other weeks

Does anybody have a link to the programme?

Fenriz
17-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Will be up in the next day or so :aok:

Leithenhibby
17-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Not too sure how long it takes for the station to put their podcast up, but you can keep an eye on it :wink:

GGTTH

Glory Lurker
17-02-2015, 11:47 AM
And how outraged was he when Sir Tom Jones labelled 500 miles a novelty song on The Voice?

I NEVER watch that pile of guff yet somehow managed to see about three minutes of it which included Tom Jones saying that. I nearly killed my telly.

Phil D. Rolls
17-02-2015, 11:49 AM
I NEVER watch that pile of guff yet somehow managed to see about three minutes of it which included Tom Jones saying that. I nearly killed my telly.

I think I might have to do time. (See earlier questions about Police Scotland.)

LaMotta
17-02-2015, 04:41 PM

I think I might have to do time. (See earlier questions about Police Scotland.)

:greengrin

Leithenhibby
17-02-2015, 09:48 PM
That's the HSL podcast up :wink:

hibbytam
17-02-2015, 10:33 PM
Not listened to this weeks show yet, but I thought the interview with Derek Rae was particularly interesting, definitely worth a listen.

Fenriz
18-02-2015, 07:22 AM
That's the HSL podcast up :wink:

Cheers, also up on Mixcloud and iTunes- https://www.mixcloud.com/MNFitba/, should be up on Youtube soon enough. We were also joined by Jim Adie from HSL, both had a lot of interesting things to say about their involvement with the share issue and Hibs in general.

MSK
18-02-2015, 08:22 AM
Cheers, also up on Mixcloud and iTunes- https://www.mixcloud.com/MNFitba/, should be up on Youtube soon enough. We were also joined by Jim Adie from HSL, both had a lot of interesting things to say about their involvement with the share issue and Hibs in general.Good show, thanks for that ..:aok:

Hermit Crab
18-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Just listened to the Derek Rae interview. Very interesting stuff.

Baldy Foghorn
19-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Just listened to the Derek Rae interview. Very interesting stuff.

Your question was answered re safe standing on the show

Fenriz
19-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah, should have said- during our chat I fielded questions from Eire, Hermit Crab, SuperFurryHibee and Victor Park (although I momentarily forgot your username, sorry!), as well as other issues that had cropped up on this thread. Kenny's enthusiasm for Hibs was a lot greater than I'd been led to believe, and it was great to have Jim Adie there too for some further insight.

LaMotta
19-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Yeah, should have said- during our chat I fielded questions from Eire, Hermit Crab, SuperFurryHibee and Victor Park (although I momentarily forgot your username, sorry!), as well as other issues that had cropped up on this thread. Kenny's enthusiasm for Hibs was a lot greater than I'd been led to believe, and it was great to have Jim Adie there too for some further insight.

I didn't think any of my questions would be sensible enough :greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-02-2015, 08:31 PM
I'm guessing my question didn't make it in there! :greengrin

Fenriz
19-02-2015, 09:57 PM
I didn't think any of my questions would be sensible enough :greengrin

Just your Salmond query to be fair!:greengrin

Hermit Crab
20-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Your question was answered re safe standing on the show

Yes I listen to the show most weeks unless I'm working. I know one of the panel members personally and give him feedback etc.