PDA

View Full Version : Why the hush?

Glesgahibby
02-02-2015, 01:06 PM
I watched a game of football on tv yesterday,yes a game of football!!!!
And I had to indure all sorts of vile,offensive ,dittys from the glesga bigoted minded filth.
The reason as a child I chose to be a hibby was more than vindicated yesterday.
I do not want to take sides here but the majority of the vile,un educated filth came from the rangers hoards.
we as Hibbys have/had the opportunity to slag/slander the yams on mass many times when it comes to horrible acts!and yes some have but not the main vocal support of our club.
i was crisened a catholic,that's it,I don't practise this faith,I dont slag/hate/ anyone else's beleives.
I was suprised in the second half when the Celtic fans did not(2-0 up)respond to the disgusting songs from the rangers end but I guess they thought "ok" let the world hear this filth and yes we heard it!!
yes we all heard it!!!
To sing songs on mass,victimising and detailing certain acts and blaming a whole religion/belief for this in sickening detail is awfull but for it not to be brought to the main media forum and denounced is frightening.

madhatter
02-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Look at the media coverage of the launch of HSL.

Tells you everything. When Hearts were going forward with their scheme, it was on BBC website pretty often.

We've launched today and I'm yet to see article about it.

Sad to say but last derby at ER...Hearts fans on masse sang a sectarian song. I'm yet to this day hear of any punishment...

Celtic have been rightly punished in past but some parties seem to get lenient treatment. I may be wrong. Ah well, we can only be an example of how it should be.

H18S NX
02-02-2015, 01:22 PM
And I had to indure all sorts of vile,offensive ,dittys from the glesga bigoted minded filth.
I do not want to take sides here but the majority of the vile,un educated filth came from the rangers hoards.
we as Hibbys have/had the opportunity to slag/slander the yams on mass many times when it comes to horrible acts!and yes some have but not the main vocal support of our club.
i was crisened a catholic,that's it,I don't practise this faith,I dont slag/hate/ anyone else's beleives.
I was suprised in the second half when the Celtic fans did not(2-0 up)respond to the disgusting songs from the rangers end but I guess they thought "ok" let the world hear this filth and yes we heard it!!
yes we all heard it!!!
To sing songs on mass,victimising and detailing certain acts and blaming a whole religion/belief for this in sickening detail is awfull but for it not to be brought to the main media forum and denounced is frightening......Absolutely agree with you,disgusting.:aok:

emerald green
02-02-2015, 01:27 PM

Tells you everything. When Hearts were going forward with their scheme, it was on BBC website pretty often.

You would think the launch of HSL would at least warrant a mention in the local newspapers like The Scotsman and Evening News.

Glesgahibby
02-02-2015, 01:40 PM

Sad to say but last derby at ER...Hearts fans on masse sang a sectarian song. I'm yet to this day hear of any punishment...

Celtic have been rightly punished in past but some parties seem to get lenient treatment. I may be wrong. Ah well, we can only be an example of how it should be.
Agree with this totally.
but the main point here is tarnishing in a horrible/horrific/disgusting way normal everyday people!!
These idiots on mass,yes on mass sang songs that bellitled the victims of these horrendous crimes!!
the subject matter of these horrible crimes should never ever be used to out do your opponents.
its disrespectfull to victims/family's and normal everyday folk of any religion and just plain horrible tactics to try and get one over your rivals.
DISGUSTING!!!!!!
What makes it worse is it was loud/majority and celebrated purely to justify being there.

Deansy
02-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Police have said 19 men were arrested for offences connected with the Celtic-Rangers football match in Glasgow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31086008 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31086008)

10 of the arrests concerned alleged sectarian breaches of the peace

And the standard -

'However, again, it is the minority of fans who spoiled the occasion by for example setting off flares and singing sectarian songs'

10 men sounding like an entire support ??- it WASN'T the 'minority', it was the 'MAJORITY' !! The Police can' (or won't) deal with it purely down to the numbers involved so for me, it's time to start fining the offending club !!

Alex Trager
02-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Agree with this totally.
but the main point here is tarnishing in a horrible/horrific/disgusting way normal everyday people!!
These idiots on mass,yes on mass sang songs that bellitled the victims of these horrendous crimes!!
the subject matter of these horrible crimes should never ever be used to out do your opponents.
its disrespectfull to victims/family's and normal everyday folk of any religion and just plain horrible tactics to try and get one over your rivals.
DISGUSTING!!!!!!
What makes it worse is it was loud/majority and celebrated purely to justify being there.

What exactly was it they were singing mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moulin Yarns
02-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Police have said 19 men were arrested for offences connected with the Celtic-Rangers football match in Glasgow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31086008 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31086008)

And the standard -

'However, again, it is the minority of fans who spoiled the occasion by for example setting off flares and singing sectarian songs'

10 men sounding like an entire support ??- it WASN'T the 'minority', it was the 'MAJORITY' !! The Police can' (or won't) deal with it purely down to the numbers involved so for me, it's time to start fining the offending club !!

Don't worry, the crime count is rising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31091808

Easier to get them at home than when they are in a mob.

emerald green
02-02-2015, 02:02 PM
The media trot this guff out, every time, that it was a minority belting out the usual sickening songs - The Rangers "bouncy bouncy" being one of the sickest yet in their long repertoire. Who are they trying to kid, and more to the point why?

How can it be a minority making that much noise? Just look at the TV pictures and scan the crowd. It sure doesn't look and and sound like a "minority" to me.

Alex Trager
02-02-2015, 02:03 PM
The media trot this guff out, every time, that it was a minority belting out the usual sickening songs - The Rangers "bouncy bouncy" being one of the sickest yet in their long repertoire. Who are they trying to kid, and more to the point why?

How can it be a minority making that much noise? Just look at the TV pictures and scan the crowd. It sure doesn't look and and sound like a "minority" to me.

What is the bouncy about?

Glesgahibby
02-02-2015, 02:03 PM
What exactly was it they were singing mate?

Without quoting,canny bring myself!!
derocitve catholic nicknames being used to describe horrible acts(again canny bring my self)
Against innocent victims.
**** disgusting!!

Alex Trager
02-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Without quoting,canny bring myself!!
derocitve catholic nicknames being used to describe horrible acts(again canny bring my self)
Against innocent victims.
**** disgusting!!

Ah right.

Sounds about right to be honest.

The thing with all of it is, there are young kids who listen and see everyone around them loving it and enjoy it and join in without realising what it actually means.

Rangers fans disgust me. They disgust most people.

I do not really understand WHY they are the way they are.

But they are horrible. I really do not know what else to say to be honest

emerald green

It's pretty grim mate. This is a family forum so I won't go into detail if you don't mind. Suffice to say its about a terrible event that took place in Northern Ireland.

Alex Trager
It's pretty grim mate. This is a family forum so I won't go into detail if you don't mind. Suffice to say its about a terrible event that took place in Northern Ireland.

Fair enough mate.

.Sean.
02-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Both as bad as eachother, dinnae kid yourselves that poor wee Sellick are innocent bystanders.

As ****my as eachother. **** the Old Firm.

dangermouse
02-02-2015, 02:15 PM

And the standard -

I've had a conversation with a policeman who I know has been involved in crowd control at Easter Road. I asked him why there were only a handful of arrests when the bigotfest comes to town. His reply was they could not arrest the whole stand but look for the ring leaders starting the songs. They are given a warning and if they do it again get arrested. He told me it's unbelievable the number that get a warning and then sing the songs again ending up in custody.

Glesgahibby
02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
What's quite sad for me is the decent(one being my wife)rangers fans.
They are in shellshock,honestly it's quite sureel.
Being brought up in the west and having friends/family/inlawys supporting both clubs has helped me weed out of my life some nasty people since the gers went tits up

lord bunberry
02-02-2015, 02:33 PM
yes we all heard it!!!
To sing songs on mass,victimising and detailing certain acts and blaming a whole religion/belief for this in sickening detail is awfull but for it not to be brought to the main media forum and denounced is frightening.

I read a double page story about it in the paper this morning, apparently it's the legislation thats the problem:rolleyes:

kennyh
02-02-2015, 03:51 PM
I'd deduct 3 League points every time they sing their "party" songs and if they do it in a Cup Competition kick them out of the Comp.

Three sets of Party Songs in one season, NO entry into Europe.

That would have the decent fans making sure normal songs were heard.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I'd deduct 3 League points every time they sing their "party" songs and if they do it in a Cup Competition kick them out of the Comp.

Been saying this for years mate.

GreensesArab
02-02-2015, 04:22 PM

I posted after the last derby at ER and queried when someone of high status within our club was going to publicly condemn sectarian singing from the Dunbar End that day. I know some on here criticised Budge for her 'selective hearing' after the Hearts v Celtic game but at least she made a start. And making a start is better than not making a start Someone like Petrie should have 'manned up' and followed suite. And for our Chairman it would be pushing on an open door because, unlike Budge's club that still has a small but vociferous sectarian element, we at Hibs left all that pathetic rubbish behind so long ago so the Chairman wouldn't be left open to accusations of hypocracy.

Kojock
02-02-2015, 06:41 PM

Google Robert Hamill murder which the celtic fans say the song relates to although Rangers fans say they sang it long before then. Celtic fans also claim Penny Arcade relates to the death of a Catholic man in Belfast in 1986 in an amusement arcade. Who knows ??

monktonharp
03-02-2015, 01:15 AM
I posted after the last derby at ER and queried when someone of high status within our club was going to publicly condemn sectarian singing from the Dunbar End that day. I know some on here criticised Budge for her 'selective hearing' after the Hearts v Celtic game but at least she made a start. And making a start is better than not making a start Someone like Petrie should have 'manned up' and followed suite. And for our Chairman it would be pushing on an open door because, unlike Budge's club that still has a small but vociferous sectarian element, we at Hibs left all that pathetic rubbish behind so long ago so the Chairman wouldn't be left open to accusations of hypocracy. some on here rightly criticised her.that gorgie mob have a hard neck.

Tinribs
03-02-2015, 01:35 AM
Both sides of that rivalry are exactly the same http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31091808

I don't care too much about their singing, or even the arrogance, but smashing a 10 year old boys teeth out on his first football match is boiling my pish. And it was the Celtic fans, not that it matters.

lapsedhibee
03-02-2015, 08:09 AM
Both sides of that rivalry are exactly the same http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-31091808

I don't care too much about their singing, or even the arrogance, but smashing a 10 year old boys teeth out on his first football match is boiling my pish. And it was the Celtic fans, not that it matters.

Say what you like about Craig Thomson (Ok, he's a ****** ***** - Ed.), but his outrageously biased refereeing throughout the match, for the sole purpose of keeping the eventual scoreline respectable, probably saved a very large number of other people similar hospital visits.

I like how the polis took the trouble to point out that the youngster wasn't specifically targeted. Implication: Throwing bricks at buses is ok, but not throwing bricks at 10-year olds in buses.

Glesgahibby
03-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Daily record reporting the SFA/SPFL looking into sectarian chants and banner displays.

lord bunberry
03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Daily record reporting the SFA/SPFL looking into sectarian chants and banner displays.

They've been looking into this sort of thing for as long as I remember and consistently done nothing about it. The SFA or the SPFL are the only ones who have the power to stop this. Deducting points and kicking them out of the cups would soon put a stop to it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Not sure but think the Penny Arcade and the ice cream and jelly songs are about child abuse by priests, WTF has that got to do with football? :confused:

Hibrandenburg
03-02-2015, 03:15 PM

This.

It's the football authorities that need to clean up the game and not the police. Unfortunately they don't have the bottle to do so.

JimBHibees
03-02-2015, 03:29 PM
The only time Rangers as a club did anything about it was when UEFA started fining them for it.

silverhibee
03-02-2015, 03:33 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/violent-aftermath-old-firm-violence-5095356

Supporting your local team, i think only 3 are from Glasgow. :rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/crime/football-casual-banned-english-stadiums-5094745