PDA

View Full Version : The Official Snack Based Transfer Deadline Day Thread:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Morning all.

I've had an absolute Terry Butcher of a morning. Left everything to the last minute and ultimately failed. Blew my load at the races yesterday, drank on an empty stomach until midnight and I'm now sat staring at the wallpaper in silence.

However, it's how we react to adversity that defines us as people. I'm here now.

Snack list to follow. Right now I need an Eartha Kitt and a strong coffee.

Over to you booing lot.

LancsHibs
02-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Morning ablutions complete, settling down to SSN with a large tub of twiglets and box of maltesers:cb

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 08:58 AM
Ablutions.

Congratulations. You have just won the internet. Fantastic word.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Does half a dozen pints of real ale at lunchtime get me into this select group this time round? :greengrin In case it helps we will probably have the left over roast potatoes that chef throws out to us after the kitchen shuts at two.

Expecting us to pay Heff to walkand maybe a few loans out but no other activity. The big team will make the last minute big money signings.

LancsHibs
02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
Ablutions.

Congratulations. You have just won the internet. Fantastic word.

:cup:

HibbyAndy
02-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Kleenex by the side awaiting on the arrival of Natalie big chebs Sawyer.

ManBearPig
02-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Leftovers from super bowl party and a new bottle of decent whisky should do it!!

Don't expect any Hibs business but hopefully Sissoko stays at Newcastle..

rcarter1
02-02-2015, 09:03 AM
Terry Butcher of a morning..:tee hee: :top marks

Whats worse, a Terry Butcher, or Maurice Malpas? :greengrin

Onion
02-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Morning all.

I've had an absolute Terry Butcher of a morning. Left everything to the last minute and ultimately failed. Blew my load at the races yesterday, drank on an empty stomach until midnight and I'm now sat staring at the wallpaper in silence.

However, it's how we react to adversity that defines us as people. I'm here now.

Snack list to follow. Right now I need an Eartha Kitt and a strong coffee.

Over to you booing lot.

:clapper: :top marks

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Update - I'm hanging by a tack.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Gutted, I'm going to miss all the fun. Working at 3.

Hermit Crab
02-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Update - I'm hanging by a tack.

Snip it. :agree:

stokesmessiah
02-02-2015, 10:03 AM
My completed snack list:

Dry Goods

1 x Multipack of McCoys (Sizzling King Prawn, Mexican Chilli & Thai Sweet Chicken)
1 x Large bag of Randoms
1 X Bag of Squidgee Love Hearts
1 x Packet of Fig Rolls
1 X 4 pack of Toffee Crisp's

Wet Goods

8 x Stella
8 x Diet Coke
1 x Bottle of Jack Daniels

Should get me through the day !

Don Giovanni
02-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Leftovers from super bowl party and a new bottle of decent whisky should do it!!

Don't expect any Hibs business but hopefully Sissoko stays at Newcastle..

Amazed your up, mate. Good effort!

Think it'll be a quiet yin on the Hibs front.
Maybe Gateshead will loan a couple more Toon youngsters.

GGTTH

jacomo
02-02-2015, 10:26 AM

GGTTH

Unlikely to be much Hibs interest today, but perhaps a fire sale at Ibrox will reduce Jim White to unstoppable fits of blubbing before the night is out?

Could be the last 'Arry Redknapp TDD too, so I hope his chat about bodies through car windows is up to the task.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 10:28 AM
2x Quavers
3x Frazzles
1x Fish and Chips (crisps)
1x box of Cadburys fingers.
1x can of coke.

This is breakfast. My trip to the shops has been delayed as I'm absolutely buckled right now.

worcesterhibby
02-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Unsurprisingly hard to get really excited about January deadline day this year, especially as it's February .

This ridiculous sensible early signings policy that Dempster and Stubbs have brought in may be good for the football on the park, but why has no one considered the wider cultural implications ?? It never would have happened when Petrie was in charge !

Anyway..trying my best to muster up a typical exiled Scots parochial and clichéd tableful of consumables:

Tunnocks teacakes (only 5 in box as son nicked one last night)
M&S All Butter Shortbread Tin 650g - Stags in Mist artwork on tin (left over Christmas present from Mother in Law)
4 cans Crabbies
4 Cans Irn Bru
1 bottle Innis & Gunn Hand Crafted Ale
depressingly crap amount of Highland Park in bottle that lost it's lid at New Years party and now has tin foil covering
10 pack of Space Raiders (ok not made in in Scotland, but if Leith ever get's it's own NFL Franchise that's what I want the team to be called)

I'll never last on that lot without a bacon roll or six

jacomo
02-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Unsurprisingly hard to get really excited about January deadline day this year, especially as it's February .

This ridiculous sensible early signings policy that Dempster and Stubbs have brought in may be good for the football on the park, but why has no one considered the wider cultural implications ?? It never would have happened when Petrie was in charge !

Anyway..trying my best to muster up a typical exiled Scots parochial and clichéd tableful of consumables:

Tunnocks teacakes (only 5 in box as son nicked one last night)
M&S All Butter Shortbread Tin 650g - Stags in Mist artwork on tin (left over Christmas present from Mother in Law)
4 cans Crabbies
4 Cans Irn Bru
1 bottle Innis & Gunn Hand Crafted Ale
depressingly crap amount of Highland Park in bottle that lost it's lid at New Years party and now has tin foil covering
10 pack of Space Raiders (ok not made in in Scotland, but if Leith ever get's it's own NFL Franchise that's what I want the team to be called)

I'll never last on that lot without a bacon roll or six

Pretty decent flag-waving there, I'd say. Make sure you go for classic white morning rolls for that authentic Scottish flavour, and stick a slice or three in with the bacon if you can find them. Or maybe a white pudding?

KingFranck
02-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Keep them coming lads I love this day/night

Newcastle better not flog anyone tonight

Need to stock up on some snacks on the way home but will take my pick from what all you guys are having. Dry roasted peanuts to finish off :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
02-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Am away tae the Post office to top up on my Gas and ill make sure i swing by Greggs for a Chicken tandoori Baguette on the way hame, Might get a Vanilla slice tae then over the road to Lidl's for 4 cans of Fosters.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Just about to visit the local Asian grocers to invest in a cornucopia of Bobby's Snacks, a tub of Mrs Unis' chicken pakora and a couple of cans of Barr's American Cream Soda.

MSK
02-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Im on a diet ..just gonna nibble on a carrot for the next umpteen hours ..

ManBearPig
02-02-2015, 12:03 PM

GGTTH

Yeah yesterday consisted of currie star v Spartans 2002s then Andy Murray then the infirm (less said about that the better) an afternoon of madden ps4 then Super Bowl and quick sleep and now TDD on sky sports. Still got case of bud, bottle of whisky, skittles, recces pieces and dortitos. May the chaos commence

Sylar
02-02-2015, 12:07 PM
This falls on a hellish day - rough after the Superbowl celebrations last night so snackage has been either consumed or in limited remaining supply...

I.V. coffee required to combat the sleep deprivation!

Incidentally, what's this?! The Sawyer/White dream-team has been broken up?!

jodjam
02-02-2015, 12:09 PM
And natalie in blue. WTF

ManBearPig
02-02-2015, 12:12 PM
Keep them coming lads I love this day/night

Newcastle better not flog anyone tonight

Need to stock up on some snacks on the way home but will take my pick from what all you guys are having. Dry roasted peanuts to finish off :thumbsup:

Keeping sissoko is paramount

SteveHFC
02-02-2015, 12:13 PM
And natalie in blue. WTF

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/4007g6675.gif

SteveHFC
02-02-2015, 12:20 PM
We aren't expecting to make any signings today according to someone at the Daily Record but Heffernan is on his way to Dundee for talks

http://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com/80/70/a2f5910d5457b92d821236d02d6c3d85.gifhttp://1.media.todaysbigthing.cvcdn.com/57/40/38ad86db1ad5da023862f0307e9151d2.gif

Pretty Boy
02-02-2015, 12:31 PM
I've just nipped home at lunch for an hour.

On a health kick at the moment (lost a stone already) so no beer, only food cooked from scratch and absolutely no junk.

Deadline day when we have done our business early and with a bowl of home made minestrone soup isn't really the same. I blame Petrie.

Paloschi
02-02-2015, 12:38 PM
I'm hearing of a very important and controversial transfer for the 8pm shift at Sky Sports News HQ.

Natalie Sawyer OUT
Kate Abdo IN

:agree:

silverhibee
02-02-2015, 12:52 PM
I'm hearing of a very important and controversial transfer for the 8pm shift at Sky Sports News HQ.

Natalie Sawyer OUT
Kate Abdo IN

:no way: :shocked:

jodjam
02-02-2015, 12:53 PM

Natalie Sawyer OUT
Kate Abdo IN

So Natalie's yellow dress on a shoogly peg

Hibby Bairn
02-02-2015, 12:57 PM

Natalie Sawyer OUT
Kate Abdo IN

Yep. NS on the afternoon shift.

Also big guns Saturday Gillette crew on tonight.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM

Natalie Sawyer OUT
Kate Abdo IN

I'm utterly in love with Kate 😍

Paloschi
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm utterly in love with Kate 

Think it's a good move myself! :greengrin she's unbelievable

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Think it's a good move myself! :greengrin she's unbelievable

Out with the old, in with the new

#teamkate

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Charlie Nicholas. "Financh"

Marvellous.

SteveHFC
02-02-2015, 03:50 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2049329/81712159.gif

Hibby70
02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Not got time to go to Tesco so will be last night's chilli and loads of mini chedders that I got for the bairns school snack this week. She'll just have to take fruit.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2015, 04:26 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2049329/81712159.gif

What does this signify?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 04:29 PM
What does this signify?

It signifies my performance today. Lifeless.

stokesmessiah
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Anyone else like that Kenco ad?

Eyrie
02-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Had to google Kate Abdo.

Factor in that all I can find is half a tube of Pringles and this is going to be a very disappointing transfer deadline day.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 06:48 PM
£2m for Allan and not a penny less.

heidtheba
02-02-2015, 07:26 PM
THIS is my favourite Hibs.net moment (ok ok one of two) of the year. I don't in any way mean to offend anyone but I temporarily discombobulated and couldn't find this thread, only the more sensible/official one. I thought that was it for this TDD. A little part of me died and a big part of me almost cried.
SO glad to find the snacks chat - controversy though but that lady in SSN? Nah, doesn't do it for me.
He giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.

EDIT - she just stood up...that's some frock...

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Apologies heidtheba, I've had a stinker today. Lazy hangover.

I also had a big dinner as well so snacks are finished for the day. A can of cider and a cigarette to prepare me for the final push.

heidtheba
02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Nothing to apologise for Pedantic. Ty for setting it up and what a starting comment!
Is Brownies on tonight? Will we get transfer goss from Brown Owl? -

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Transfer deadline day dilemma...do I switch over and watch the Undateables or do I stay faithful to SSN, despite the disappointing exit of Natalie "Chebtastic" Sawyer?

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 07:49 PM
"Pass me the remote, this is s*it".

Mrs Pedantic.

BroxburnHibee
02-02-2015, 08:23 PM
What happened to shiny?

sleeping giant
02-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Im on a diet ..just gonna nibble on a carrot for the next umpteen hours ..

I'm much the same only I'm munching on a whole chorizo sausage :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-02-2015, 08:40 PM

Is that a euphemism?

jacomo
02-02-2015, 08:44 PM
THIS is my favourite Hibs.net moment (ok ok one of two) of the year. I don't in any way mean to offend anyone but I temporarily discombobulated and couldn't find this thread, only the more sensible/official one. I thought that was it for this TDD. A little part of me died and a big part of me almost cried.
SO glad to find the snacks chat - controversy though but that lady in SSN? Nah, doesn't do it for me.
He giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other.

EDIT - she just stood up...that's some frock...

Great shame that 'proper' business is taking place elsewhere... snacks and transfer gossip should all be in one place IMO.

Gonna do my bit by mixing things up - seems the Arabs have thrown in the (head?) towel on a move for our Scott Allan.

sleeping giant
02-02-2015, 08:51 PM
Is that a euphemism?

Nope. It's from Lidl :greengrin

Aldo
02-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Had 3 Warbuton's crumpets with Butter, marmite and Dairylea spread.... Mmmmmmmm

pontius pilate
02-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Mint aero mousse and jumbo kp salted peanuts

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2015, 09:10 PM
A wee vodka and soda to settle the nerves after all the Scott Allan chat. Some giant salted peanuts to accompany.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-02-2015, 09:12 PM

Not much better in life than a whole chorizo sausage

nonshinyfinish
02-02-2015, 09:13 PM
What happened to shiny?

Sorry folks, there are certain things that I just will not countenance, and this is one of them: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/27/sky-spare-reporters-sex-toy-humiliation-deadline-day

It's not deadline day without a genetically challenged mob terrorising a reporter outside the Britannia.

So I'll catch up with all the transfer news tomorrow; tonight I'm kicking back with a family size battenburg and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

PatHead
02-02-2015, 09:14 PM
On a diet and friggin starving, not enjoying reading these fantastic menus!

jonty
02-02-2015, 09:16 PM
Sorry folks, there are certain things that I just will not countenance, and this is one of them: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/27/sky-spare-reporters-sex-toy-humiliation-deadline-day

It's not deadline day without a genetically challenged mob terrorising a reporter outside the Britannia.

So I'll catch up with all the transfer news tomorrow; tonight I'm kicking back with a family size battenburg and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

:agree: If the dildo and blow-up doll wont make it to skysports, then its your duty to DIY. Enjoy Mr Fish and we'll see you on the other side.....

jonty
02-02-2015, 09:17 PM
On a diet and friggin starving, not enjoying reading these fantastic menus!

bbq spare ribs, beef curry and stir fried onions.
Sprite (Sugar free, naturally) and Freddos to keep me going.

PatHead
02-02-2015, 10:12 PM
bbq spare ribs, beef curry and stir fried onions.
Sprite (Sugar free, naturally) and Freddos to keep me going.

You fatherless child.

Think I will eat the laptop, any idea how many calories?

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-02-2015, 11:26 PM
You fatherless child.

Think I will eat the laptop, any idea how many calories?

Make sure you remove the cookies since you are dieting.

One Day Soon
03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Really looking forward to the January TDD thread. I turned fifty last year and I'm getting a bit forgetful.

CockneyRebel
03-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Is that a euphemism?

No, it's not a musical instrument (that's a euphonium)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Natalie putting up a good effort today after being dropped to the bench last night.

nonshinyfinish
03-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Typical, some bloody do-gooders are trying to take the fun out of binge eating: http://www.fiercepharma.com/story/shires-adhd-star-vyvanse-scores-fdas-first-binge-eating-approval/2015-02-02