PDA

View Full Version : Has Ian Black gone from tough man to the new whipping boy of the championship?

spike220
02-02-2015, 07:36 AM
http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article5088789.ece/alternates/s615/JS55853675.jpg

Aldo
02-02-2015, 07:43 AM
Spike he has said in today's tabloids that Cheat Thompson 'bottled' it and should of sent Brown off. Ha didn't mention anything about the elbow and stamp by his colleague McCulloch and the rugby tackle he made on Brown or why Foster should of been sent off for 2 book able offences within 30 seconds.

Little nothing IMHO!

lapsedhibee
02-02-2015, 07:51 AM
http://i2.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article5088789.ece/alternates/s615/JS55853675.jpg

What's the girlie bracelet he's wearing in that picture?

GordonHFC
02-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Did he mention Thomson bottling it in the 2012 final by any chance?

lyonhibs
02-02-2015, 07:57 AM
If anyone could specify when Ian Black was ever really a genuine tough guy, that would be just great.

He's a niggly snidey Hearts chav. Nowt tough about him.

kentao
02-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Blacks never been a hardman, hes a coward who assaults people from behind and hides behind the referee.

One incident proves this today in the first half him and brown were challenging for the ball with minimal contact and black hit the deck holding his ribs, replay shows little contact and nothing aimed at the ribs. No hardman would roll about the deck unless they were really hurt.

Another one i remember was against QOTS when a player was standing over him, next minute blacks rolling about the deck like the player had stamped on him when the standing players foot was firmly on the ground when black started his tantrum.

Really cant stand him as a player and hope someone starts dishing out the treatment he`s be handing out over the years, one tough challenge against him normally stops him dishing them out.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Ian Black is a snivelling little coward. Likes to give it out but can't take it. Thinks hes big time 'cos he plays for Rangers. You wouldnae have got a sniff of Oldco! Added to the fact that he is a horrific footballer.

Nutmegged
02-02-2015, 08:03 AM
Black has never been a hardman, he was a vile little coward who often took liberties on far superior players to him by making career threatening tackles often from behind, a real hard man can instill fear in the opposition and belief in his team mates, Black promotea nothing but derision.

It was brilliant to see Scotty give him the.message yesterday, exactly how itnshould be done, wait till the game is over and go through him in a very hard but IMO fair nature

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 08:40 AM
Nasty wee coward who has probably made himself a target now for his fellow players who must have had enough of this nyaff dishing it out to them then running away. I imagine quite a few in the game will be doing the same thing soon as the wee rat is fair game.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Looking forward to the DR analysis of McCullochs cowardly behaviour. A never was who is so unfit and out of his depth that thuggery is all he can offer

Glesgahibby
02-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Spike he has said in today's tabloids that Cheat Thompson 'bottled' it and should of sent Brown off. Ha didn't mention anything about the elbow and stamp by his colleague McCulloch and the rugby tackle he made on Brown or why Foster should of been sent off for 2 book able offences within 30 seconds.

Little nothing IMHO!
Where do you start?
Apart from the obvious irony!!
how he never got a yellow card/cards/red card is astonishing.

we are hibs
02-02-2015, 08:49 AM
He's a thug.

Callum_62
02-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Does anyone have a gif or vid of that tackle - wanna see what the fuss is about

Btw - that Thomson decision when Griffiths was right through.....unbelievable

and he didnt even book Black then either!

Hermit Crab
02-02-2015, 08:53 AM
He's no vinnie Jones that's for sure.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-02-2015, 08:55 AM
Hes a snidey wee prick and deserves all he gets

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Bridget Jones Mair like. Certainly greets enough

Spike Mandela
02-02-2015, 08:57 AM
Anyone got his number, I need my bathroom painted?:cb

soupy
02-02-2015, 08:57 AM
He's a thug.

Naw he's no, he's a wee *****bag, he wouldnt do the things he gets away with in a Sunday league game cos he'd get kicked up and down the pitch, he knows he has a bit protection out there, that's the only reason he does it..

WestEndHibee
02-02-2015, 09:04 AM
https://vine.co/v/OjKYvKVgvLA

Love seeing our Scott do this to him. Hard man no more.

AndyM_1875
02-02-2015, 09:10 AM

I'd love to have seen big Vinny sort him out. He could start a fight in an empty room.

Brown's tackle was a bit naughty but seriously if that's what people are getting upset about then go watch a match from the 80s/90s when real hard players were playing , guys like United's Bryan Robson and Remi Moses, any of the great Liverpool side or George Graham's Arsenal team. Seriously hard players who could also play.

Iain G
02-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Naw he's no, he's a wee *****bag, he wouldnt do the things he gets away with in a Sunday league game cos he'd get kicked up and down the pitch, he knows he has a bit protection out there, that's the only reason he does it..

He's a gimp!

02-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Thats just the thing though, he never has been a tough man. He THINKS he a wee hard man and trys to strut about like he's hard but the reality is that he's nothing but a cowardly, dirty little cheat who would break a leg as quick as look at you. Scott Brown had him in his back pocket yesterday, and Scott Allan rang rings around him at ER. Ian Black cant cope with these players and the only way he can try to stop them is to throw about cowardly, dirty tackles from behind them. The rangers managment at ER knew fine well he was out of his depth and he was getting himself frustrated and therefore he could not be trusted not to get himself set off so they subbed him! Unfortunatly though the little scrote gets away with murder time and time again.

Fergos
02-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Wonder if "Rambo" Blacks on twitter......hmmmm?

GGTTH

Kojock
02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
He drinks in Tranent if anyone dishing out the abuse on here wants to find out personally. :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2015, 11:22 AM
I know him personally and he's actually really quiet and unassuming believe it or not.

Spike Mandela
02-02-2015, 11:33 AM
I know him personally and he's actually really quiet and unassuming believe it or not.

He certainly was yesterday.:greengrin

02-02-2015, 12:12 PM

Really? My neighbour knows him personally as well and says he thinks he's a bit of a big time charlie.

emerald green
02-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Black a tough guy? Don't make me laugh. I would have loved to have seen him going into a tackle with Shades if they had played at the same time.

HibernianJK
02-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I'd love to know who the hard men of modern football actually are

02-02-2015, 12:35 PM
I'd love to know who the hard men of modern football actually are

Thing is footballers can't get away with some of the stuff they would have done years ago. The game has softened up a bit.

#FromTheCapital
02-02-2015, 12:55 PM
Ian Black is about as hard as my first crap and twice as ugly

Fergos
02-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Bookie in Tranent says he's a great lad too, always handing him £.....

GGTTH

02-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Bookie in Tranent says he's a great lad too, always handing him £.....

GGTTH

:greengrin

Pretty Boy
02-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Really? My neighbour knows him personally as well and says he thinks he's a bit of a big time charlie.

Charlie eh?:hmmm:

JimBHibees
02-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Charlie eh?:hmmm:

:not worth

Stantons Angel
02-02-2015, 06:11 PM
He's a thug.

I think you have summed this up quite simply!

The guy is the most over rated player i have ever seen. Yesterday he was given a lesson in how to boss the midfield in a game and push your team forward!

Scott Brown has more talent in his wee toe than that imbecile has in his whole body!

How McCulloch stayed on the park the whole game is really beyond belief! That elbow in the back of Griffiths head must have left and imprint surely! Maybe though it will knock some sense into the wee nutter! I just hope the compliance officer issues him with a long holiday on the sidelines ?

Thomson was his usual incredibly bad self!!! Why he pulled back Griffiths after Scott had fought so hard to win the ball and he was not off side was a perfect example of how bad this man really is!

Seveno
02-02-2015, 06:13 PM
Is there not an SFA bye law that permits each opponent a free kick at the wee s*** ? If there isn't, there sure ought to be.

Pete
02-02-2015, 06:36 PM
He drinks in Tranent if anyone dishing out the abuse on here wants to find out personally. :rolleyes:

He shouldn't be known for drinking anywhere. Tells you all you need to know about the attitude of some athletes if they are regulars at a pub.

Smartie
02-02-2015, 06:54 PM
I've only ever seen Black play against Hibs (and I suppose the odd game on the telly for the tribute act) and I don't think I've ever seen a player go backwards as far as he has done.

I don't know if he played that way every week but I thought he dominated the derbies in his final year at Hearts and was finally coming onto a game. Yes, he took liberties, but it wasn't as if he was ever huckled for it. I think Ian Murray was the only Hibs player to ever give him some back. So for all he has always got right on my t!ts at that point he looked a decent player imo.

He's a shadow of his former self now and looks plain p!sh. He can't impose himself on any game or on any other player and I almost felt sorry for him when he was so easily "swatted" the other week then so comprehensively outclassed on Sunday.

Actually nah, scratch that, GIRUY Black.

Stax
02-02-2015, 06:54 PM
I still can't believe he was given a Scotland cap. Should never have got near a Scotland shirt. Mind you he's not got near any shirt for a while now, chases shadows and gets kicked up in the air between getting booked.

emerald green
02-02-2015, 06:59 PM

Blackie, Blackie, gie us a wave. :greengrin

Kato
02-02-2015, 07:11 PM
Black a tough guy? Don't make me laugh. I would have loved to have seen him going into a tackle with Shades if they had played at the same time.

Heehee. In a fair challenge Schades would have bounced him into the middle of the terrace. If he really meant it, into the middle next November.

emerald green
02-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Heehee. In a fair challenge Schades would have bounced him into the middle of the terrace. If he really meant it, into the middle next November.

:agree: :aok:

Dashing Bob S
02-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Don't get the Black hate-in here. A terrific player in his day, and a decent chap.

Hiber-nation
02-02-2015, 07:21 PM
Don't get the Black hate-in here. A terrific player in his day, and a decent chap.

:tee hee:

Bronson
02-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Never seen a player universally hated by everyone in my life. Even the rangers and hearts fans hate him now. Thug, coward, tosser.

02-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Never seen a player universally hated by everyone in my life. Even the rangers and hearts fans hate him now. Thug, coward, tosser.

Thats what really struck me as well, the amount of absolute ****bag players the huns have idolised over the years (El Hadji Diouf etc) and even they can't stand Black!

emerald green
02-02-2015, 07:28 PM

Tell me you're kidding on Bob.

He's never been a terrific player. He's a dirty wee scrote. If you think it's a Black hate-in here, just have a look at the stuff posted on Twitter by fans of The Rangers after his performance against Celtic yesterday.

Here's a couple of their comments: "I honestly don't think I'm exaggerating saying Ian Black is the worst Rangers midfielder I've ever watched."

And an even funnier one: "Good to see Law & Black finally combining well.....for Celtic's second." :faf:

Sir David Gray
02-02-2015, 08:16 PM
What's the girlie bracelet he's wearing in that picture?

Electronic tag. :agree:

Carheenlea
02-02-2015, 08:37 PM
If anyone could specify when Ian Black was ever really a genuine tough guy, that would be just great.

I never understood the admiration of Ian Black from many on here who reckoned he was just what we needed at our club. Obviously that admiration waned somewhat after he signed for Hearts and there was not quite the same clamour to see him at Easter Road.
He was a decent enough player for Inverness and Hearts, but nothing out the ordinary. How he ever ended up getting capped is mystifying. Probably a toss up between Ian Black and Gary MacKay for the worst player ever to be capped for Scotland.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2015, 08:39 PM
I never understood the admiration of Ian Black from many on here who reckoned he was just what we needed at our club. Obviously that admiration waned somewhat after he signed for Hearts and there was not quite the same clamour to see him at Easter Road.
He was a decent enough player for Inverness and Hearts, but nothing out the ordinary. How he ever ended up getting capped is mystifying. Probably a toss up between Ian Black and Gary MacKay for the worst player ever to be capped for Scotland.

It's not mystifying at all when you consider that the manager who selected him was one of the worst managers ever to take charge of Scotland.

Carheenlea
02-02-2015, 08:54 PM
It's not mystifying at all when you consider that the manager who selected him was one of the worst managers ever to take charge of Scotland.

Aye, true :agree:

lapsedhibee
02-02-2015, 09:00 PM
Electronic tag. :agree::thumbsup:

Mikey09
03-02-2015, 12:31 PM
I still can't believe he was given a Scotland cap. Should never have got near a Scotland shirt. Mind you he's not got near any shirt for a while now, chases shadows and gets kicked up in the air between getting booked.

Dont take that Scotland cap seriously Stax... Look who handed him it.

KeithTheHibby
03-02-2015, 01:28 PM
He's not a thug nor a hardman. Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane were hardmen, to put that little rodent in that category does these guys a disservice.

Scott Allan took the absolute pish out of him and he was hooked after 30 minutes. Scott Brown totally bossed him on Sunday.

I will be delighted to see him line up against us a week on Friday night.

southsider
03-02-2015, 03:05 PM
He's not a thug nor a hardman. Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane were hardmen, to put that little rodent in that category does these guys a disservice.

Scott Allan took the absolute pish out of him and he was hooked after 30 minutes. Scott Brown totally bossed him on Sunday.

I will be delighted to see him line up against us a week on Friday night.
He is now, officially, Scotty B's bitch.

cabbageandribs1875
03-02-2015, 03:09 PM
He is now, officially, Scotty B's bitch.

another few games against us and he will be Scotty A's one as well

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-02-2015, 03:32 PM
It was funny watching him up against Brown on Sunday, he never knew what was going on, then had the audacity to come out in the press and have a go at Thomson for bottling to send Brown off, he must have a short memory, wonder what caused that?

lapsedhibee
03-02-2015, 03:43 PM
It was funny watching him up against Brown on Sunday, he never knew what was going on, then had the audacity to come out in the press and have a go at Thomson for bottling to send Brown off, he must have a short memory, wonder what caused that?
:agree: Inhaling lead fumes from paint.