PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs post match thoughts Hibs Vs. Raith

Tinribs
31-01-2015, 10:38 PM
He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ

stokesmessiah
31-01-2015, 10:40 PM
He is right though, totally ridiculous!

Tinribs
31-01-2015, 10:41 PM
He is right though, totally ridiculous!

Totally agree mate.

madhatter
31-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 10:44 PM
He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.

madhatter
31-01-2015, 10:46 PM
He's right but he admits himself it was just frustration.

Had we held on and won 1-0 no one would have booed, we didn't and some did.

Good point. Sadly from the volume of the boos, it seemed like quite a few did:(

Also, the whole thing with someone shouting at Stubbs about the subs...

It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.

JimBHibees
31-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Good interview and you can see his frustration with the pathetic reaction of some fans at the end. A lot of our play was good today.

Nomeancity
31-01-2015, 10:52 PM
He sounds totally hacked off with it and I don't blame him.

we need to remember we are all in this together. Why boo when we have totally dominated a game. As fans what makes us better than the players, we all lost the 3 points today. FFS how about a bit of togetherness, dare I say it but maybe that's how the yams are doing so well.

Tinribs
31-01-2015, 10:53 PM
He also struggled to describe the booers, if you know what i mean? He didn't say 'fans', he kind of squirmed a bit as he was talking.

I respect him for that, it must be hard to stay focused and polite under that sort of thing.

Nakedmanoncrack
31-01-2015, 11:01 PM
He seemed genuinely surprised at the reaction, he better get used to it!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-01-2015, 11:01 PM
He makes some good points, though i suspect he will get some pelters from some sections for complaining about the booing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeWJvTyWRQ

Tempo Alan.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2015, 11:04 PM
He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.

Billychaotic182
31-01-2015, 11:04 PM
I don't like the fact the he ends by saying it was only two points dropped. At this stage we need every point we get! Two points could lead to us having to play two more play off matches. It does matter. Booing at the end was a bit much but we should have been out of site and to only walk away with a point. We gifted them that goal also. Oxley needs to do better.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2015, 11:05 PM
I think emotions were high after they scored and a lot of people were frustrated about conceding the goals as well as not taking the chances we had during the game to kill the game off, so I think it's understandable how some people may boo but the best way for the team to react now is by going out and winning the next game, I think the fans have been very appreciative and supportive the last few weeks and I think we should just move on from it instead of moaning about it

B.H.F.C
31-01-2015, 11:08 PM
If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Yep, he is 100% correct. I have never booed Hibs. Save that for the opposition and the officials ffs!

Booing after today was a disgrace.

A blame reality TV.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-01-2015, 11:10 PM
He's spot on. We were the width of a post and a bar away from everyone on here salivating tonight.

He's wrong when he says that nothing was lost today though. I lost £40 as they were the only ****ing team to ruin my coupon

Michael
31-01-2015, 11:14 PM
I disagree with the decision of some fans to 'boo' the team after today, but I don't think it's ever a good idea for a manager/player to criticise the fans of their club (merited or otherwise).

Nakedmanoncrack
31-01-2015, 11:16 PM
If it was that game in isolation then fair enough. But it's far from the first time we've failed to win a game at Easter Road this year when we should have won comfortably.

I can kind of see where he's coming from but people aren't reacting in that manner because of that one result.

6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Wow!! That man sounds totally sick and I don't blame him. The booing and sighing and abuse is out of order! Hope that those who indulge in it will be proud of themselves when they they drive our best manager for years and our best players away from the club. It was frankly embarrassing today the level of moaning. I really wish they would stay away as they do NOTHING to help the team. I prefer away games to the negativity of Easter Road.

Scottie
31-01-2015, 11:17 PM
We only lost 2 points today that won't affect us at the end of the season ? :confused: What you on about Alan ?

Hibeesmad
31-01-2015, 11:19 PM
We only lost 2 points today that won't count at the end of the season ? :confused: What you on about Alan ?

That's what I was thinking, due to results like today we have dropped 12 points already, could be only a few points off top if we had those

B.H.F.C
31-01-2015, 11:21 PM
6 draws, 1 defeat & only 5 wins out of 12 home games in this league is a very poor return.

Certainly is. Home draws are bloody frustrating. Particularly when we should have been out of sight in nearly every one of those games.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2015, 11:22 PM
I'm surprised he's surprised. There's loads of folk around that think they know loads but actually know **** all. Just cos they shout loud doesn't mean it's true.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 11:30 PM
He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!

matty_f
I'm surprised he's surprised. There's loads of folk around that think they know loads but actually know **** all. Just cos they shout loud doesn't mean it's true.

:top marks:

Thecat23
I disagree with the decision of some fans to 'boo' the team after today, but I don't think it's ever a good idea for a manager/player to criticise the fans of their club (merited or otherwise).

Why?

CentreLine
31-01-2015, 11:32 PM

So does that justify the booing?
Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.

Danderhall Hibs
He sounds pissed off to be fair. Rightly so as well! Booing the team for battering Raith is laughable. Seems this isn't a minority in the Hibs support its a fair few. I'd fully understand if we had lost or played poor but Raith didnt deserve a point and we played well.

Sick to death of it, couple around me think they know the game better than anyone else and it's clowns like that who make going to ER draining!!

Spot on. F5 lower is a joke this season.

Tinribs

Agreed, but the point about the 26/27 chances we had was what surprised him about the booing. He said we must do better, all of us know that, but even in the other home draws this season we had nowhere near that number. For that many chances, he rightly (imho) thinks it was a bad day at the office. On another day we would have had 4, but as you said, some folk 'know' better.

bingo70
31-01-2015, 11:33 PM
People were just frustrated at failing to win yet another home game.

It's the first division we're in remember and folk were pissed off that fat **** had just scored against us.

The fans are not the problem here.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2015, 11:34 PM

It's the first division we're in remember and folk were pissed off that fat **** had just scored against us.

There were folk complaining before they scored. They just like the sound of their own voice.

kaimendhibs

I disagree! Is there another group of fans who are so down on their team? Who are they via I haven't noticed them

Steve-O
Given we'd just conceded a last minute equaliser, it's not surprising in the least that some were annoyed and booed.

Nakedmanoncrack

We did play well for much of the game & I didn't boo, however this wasn't just about today- our record at home this season is very poor with several of the drawn games following a similar pattern.

bingo70
31-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Quite frankly if people want to go and boo the team they should just stay away. They might consider themselves to be fans but they are certainly not supporters.

Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Given we'd just conceded a last minute equaliser, it's not surprising in the least that some were annoyed and booed.

It was all game

CentreLine
31-01-2015, 11:37 PM

Yes they are and to be honest the boo boys are not just pi££ing off supporters I believe AS might just be wondering what he has to do to get some appreciation and respect. But the boo boys will always find some way to justify their idiot behaviour.

bingo70
31-01-2015, 11:39 PM
I disagree! Is there another group of fans who are so down on their team? Who are they via I haven't noticed them

We're in the first division, just dropped points for something like the 6th or 7th game at home so yes I think the fans have a right to be pissed off at our home results this season.

To answer your question though, yes, I think all teams have supporters who get down on their team when they get poor results against ***** teams.

If you want examples I'd point you towards ibrox, tynecastle last week and pittodrie before McInnis got hold of Aberdeen.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 11:40 PM
We did play well for much of the game & I didn't boo, however this wasn't just about today- our record at home this season is very poor with several of the drawn games following a similar pattern.

I know we have drawn to many games this season but we have also battered teams. Still think Stubbs has done fantastic considering the utter shambles we were left in. This isn't a quick fix and sadly old habits die hard. I'm hopeful we will put chances away and stop conceding stupid goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
Yes they are and to be honest the boo boys are not just pi££ing off supporters I believe AS might just be wondering what he has to do to get some appreciation and respect. But the boo boys will always find some way to justify their idiot behaviour.

Are you seriously saying that a few people grumbling/booing whatever is the biggest problem we face, not the repeated inability to win games we have totally dominated? Or is it that such folk are in some way responsible? :confused:

bingo70

Win more games. There's his answer right there.

As long as we're dropping points to the likes of raith, falkirk etc then people will get pissed off.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2015, 11:42 PM

Justify it maybe not. But in our current position certainly makes it understandable.

I didn't boo myself, had a bit of a moan at the goal, but I genuinely think it's more frustration than anything.

Football fans boo, it's what they do. Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.

In times when our crowds aren't particularly great I don't think we can afford to have anyone who wants to boo stay away!

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:43 PM
We're in the first division, just dropped points for something like the 6th or 7th game at home so yes I think the fans have a right to be pissed off at our home results this season.

To answer your question though, yes, I think all teams have supporters who get down on their team when they get poor results against ***** teams.

If you want examples I'd point you towards ibrox, tynecastle last week and pittodrie before McInnis got hold of Aberdeen.

But it's not only results tho is it. Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted with howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity! And that's when we are battering teams! We hit the bar, the post, had shots saved! What do we want, to go back to last season or before when we created nowt and gave in easily!?

CentreLine
31-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Not true, the club needs every supporter they can get just now. Even the ones that let their frustrations get the better of them after a bad result.

We will just have to agree to differ then. But how many people recognise the negative effect that Butcher and Malpas had with their constant criticism? Well it has to be similarly negative for players, and our head coach, to hear it week in week out from a large proportion of our support.
Sickening really. But if you're comfortable with it then you're entitled to your opinion.

scoopyboy
31-01-2015, 11:45 PM
It was all game

People were booing all game?

I don't believe you.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Most people on here must sit in the most unluckiest of places, I didn't hear a single moan until they scored

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:48 PM
People were booing all game?

I don't believe you.

Not booing, but moaning all game! Do you believe that?

CentreLine
31-01-2015, 11:48 PM
Are you seriously saying that a few people grumbling/booing whatever is the biggest problem we face, not the repeated inability to win games we have totally dominated? Or is it that such folk are in some way responsible? :confused:

You need to make up your own mind on that. Personally yes I do believe the ignorance of fans who are supposed to be supporters is a significant factor.

The_Exile
31-01-2015, 11:49 PM
It's ****ing disgusting, booing your own players, anyone who boos YOUR OWN ****ING PLAYERS belong at Tyencastle, undercover Yaks IMHO. I'm fed up with it aswell, erseholes. We're all peeved we've drawn another game at home but FFS why boo your own players, it's something I've never understood? What exactly is a person hoping to achieve by doing this? What do they think will happen? Have these folk ever, EVER once in their life seen a human being respond to abuse rather than encouragement? Nah, thick as mince.

Aaaaaannnnnd......rant over.

bingo70
31-01-2015, 11:49 PM
But it's not only results tho is it. Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted with howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity! And that's when we are battering teams! We hit the bar, the post, had shots saved! What do we want, to go back to last season or before when we created nowt and gave in easily!?

People get frustrated and anxious because they know when we don't put away teams we are likely to lose a goal and drop points like we did today.

I'm sorry but there's a pressure to perform at hibs, especially when we are in the first division. If the players can't handle a bit pressure from a more than half empty stadium then they need to either man up or move to a club with lower expectations abd a fan base that doesn't really care.

scoopyboy
31-01-2015, 11:51 PM
Not booing, but moaning all game! Do you believe that?

That is what you said though.

I believe people would have been moaning at various points in the game but not all game surely.

The_Exile
Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.

He was on some radio show earlier on in the week and they were ribbing him saying they were going to ask the Chelsea fans to boo as loudly as they could when he came on, pretty sure the booing was a compelte pish take, the entire stadium stayed to give him a round of applause, Chelsea and City fans.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
What's all the mumping about? We're winning our fair share, albeit it at a training game pace.

What's the break even attendance figure for us paying championship player wages? 9000 ish?

We'll be fine.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:52 PM

Yes, it must. Stubbs is clearly annoyed too

CentreLine
31-01-2015, 11:53 PM
Justify it maybe not. But in our current position certainly makes it understandable.

I didn't boo myself, had a bit of a moan at the goal, but I genuinely think it's more frustration than anything.

Football fans boo, it's what they do. Some of the Chelsea fans even booed Frank Lampardwhen he came on today for City. And he's one of their best ever players.

In times when our crowds aren't particularly great I don't think we can afford to have anyone who wants to boo stay away!

I do. I think the absence of the boo boys would make going to games a much better experience for supporters and for the players. The knock on effect would be better crowds, better support and better performances. But that is just my opinion. Maybe a bad atmosphere is the perfect environment for some people.

Hibeesmad
31-01-2015, 11:53 PM
I think we all know that as fans we care more about the result than the performance

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:54 PM
That is what you said though.

I believe people would have been moaning at various points in the game but not all game surely.

Wow, even I'm getting moaned at! And yes they were moaning all game! Even at Scott allan for retaining possession before making a pass, it's really beyond a joke.

scoopyboy
31-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Wow, even I'm getting moaned at! And yes they were moaning all game! Even at Scott allan for retaining possession before making a pass, it's really beyond a joke.

I'm not moaning at you, I said I didn't believe that people booed all game. You actually conceded that in your next post.

Where I sit there are a fair few moaners within earshot but they weren't bad to be fair today.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:59 PM
I'm not moaning at you, I said I didn't believe that people booed all game. You actually conceded that in your next post.

Where I sit there are a fair few moaners within earshot but they weren't bad to be fair today.
Ok, my mistake

Nakedmanoncrack
01-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Seems the worst moaners are those moaning at the moaners, hardly heard a single gripe during the game today.

Hibeesmad
01-02-2015, 12:04 AM
Seems the worst moaners are those moaning at the moaners, hardly heard a single gripe during the game today.

Agreed

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:05 AM
People get frustrated and anxious because they know when we don't put away teams we are likely to lose a goal and drop points like we did today.

I'm sorry but there's a pressure to perform at hibs, especially when we are in the first division. If the players can't handle a bit pressure from a more than half empty stadium then they need to either man up or move to a club with lower expectations abd a fan base that doesn't really care.

That's the problem in my opinion. The boo boys don't care. They are only interested in hearing themselves. The apathy is endemic and they go along just to make as negative a noise as they can.
And when our head coach walks for better support and more appreciation it will no doubt be RP's fault and nothing to do with the vile negativity of supposed Hibs fans.

Michael
01-02-2015, 12:05 AM
Why?

1. We've been doing OK recently, and today Hibs did not play badly.

2. For some reason we could lose form in next few games - a subset of fans may be more vocal about their dissatisfaction than they would have otherwise been. I don't think this is an unreasonable assumption, and I also don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that Stubbs would prefer that fans had a less 'negative' outlook on the teams performances if this scenario was to occur

Thecat23
01-02-2015, 12:10 AM
1. We've been doing OK recently, and today Hibs did not play badly.

2. For some reason we could lose form in next few games - a subset of fans may be more vocal about their dissatisfaction than they would have otherwise been. I don't think this is an unreasonable assumption, and I also don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that Stubbs would prefer that fans had a less 'negative' outlook on the teams performances.

I think the fans booing shows how fickle they are. They should get a grip on reality to be fair! Stubbs who has worked wonders with a poor squad is clearly thinking the folk booing are twats and I think he's every right too. We are getting there slowly but surely and the difference from giving them a doing was the post the bar and couple good saves.

B.H.F.C
01-02-2015, 12:13 AM
That's the problem in my opinion. The boo boys don't care. They are only interested in hearing themselves. The apathy is endemic and they go along just to make as negative a noise as they can.
And when our head coach walks for better support and more appreciation it will no doubt be RP's fault and nothing to do with the vile negativity of supposed Hibs fans.

I think you're getting a bit carried away. There was a bit booing which some disagree with. I don't think Stubbs is going to walk because of it. Having played at Celtic and in the Premier League I'm sure he has quite thick skin.

The general opinion seems to be positive towards him. He'll get even more appreciation if/when he achieves something. But it's certainly a happier place than it was at the end of last year.

bingo70
01-02-2015, 12:16 AM

Alan Stubbs won't walk for better support.

If he walks it'll be because he's failing in his job or he gets offered something better.

Fwiw I like Stubbs abd think he'll be a success. I disagree with him here though regarding the need to criticise any section of the support. I worry about the relationship he could end up having with the fans find he starts to go through a really bad spell.

Hibs fans have been taking one kick in the nuts after another over the last God knows how many years, we don't need the manager criticising the most loyal ones that are still making the effort to go. Even if they do let the frustrations and anger get the better of them after a bad result.

Hibeesmad
01-02-2015, 12:18 AM
Stubbs isn't paying hundreds of pounds to watch his team draw/lose more games than they win at home in a league they shouldn't be in for the size of the club with their infrastructure etc etc, in fact he is the one in charge of the team who are playing for these fans who have spent well earned money to go home happy

Carheenlea
I think the fans booing shows how fickle they are. They should get a grip on reality to be fair! Stubbs who has worked wonders with a poor squad is clearly thinking the folk booing are twats and I think he's every right too. We are getting there slowly but surely and the difference from giving them a doing was the post the bar and couple good saves.

Alan Stubbs has talked about standards he expects as a minimum from his players, and we as a support share his views on what should be demanded. The booing at the end was pure frustration as we knew that was a game that should have been done and dusted long before our domination started to wane. We are down to the bare bones support wise - a number vented their frustrations audibly - but we will all dust ourselves down and be back next week.

CentreLine
I think you're getting a bit carried away. There was a bit booing which some disagree with. I don't think Stubbs is going to walk because of it.

The general opinion seems to be positive towards him. He'll get even more appreciation if/when he achieves something. But it's certainly a happier place than it was at the end of last year.

We shall see. But I think his body language is already showing disappointment not to say despair. He must be wondering what he had to do to get the support he deserved. Bearing in mind he is the man who knows the players better than anyone he certainly appears to think the negativity is unhelpful. Over reaction on my part? No I don't think so but let's wait and see

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:21 AM
Stubbs isn't paying hundreds of pounds to watch his team draw/lose more games than they win at home in a league they shouldn't be in for the size of the club with their infrastructure etc etc, in fact he is the one in charge of the team who are playing for these fans who have spent well earned money to go home happy

No. they spend money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business not life and death.

bingo70
01-02-2015, 12:23 AM
We shall see. But I think his body language is already showing disappointment not to say despair. He must be wondering what he had to do to get the support he deserved. Bearing in mind he is the man who knows the players better than anyone he certainly appears to think the negativity is unhelpful. Over reaction on my part? No I don't think so but let's wait and see

He won't be wondering that at all. He'll know the answer, stop dropping daft points and turn these draws into wins.

How he does That is a different matter and ultimately what he gets paid to do but he'll know that's what's needed to stop to moaning from the stands.

CentreLine
Alan Stubbs has talked about standards he expects as a minimum from his players, and we as a support share his views on what should be demanded. The booing at the end was pure frustration as we knew that was a game that should have been done and dusted long before our domination started to wane. We are down to the bare bones support wise - a number vented their frustrations audibly - but we will all dust ourselves down and be back next week.

And boo the team?

Hibeesmad
No. they spend money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business not life and death.

Today is a fine example of being entertained but still being left disappointed. Results > performance

bingo70
And boo the team?

If we fail to beat Arbroath then probably.

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:28 AM
He won't be wondering that at all. He'll know the answer, stop dropping daft points and turn these draws into wins.

How he does That is a different matter and ultimately what he gets paid to do but he'll know that's what's needed to stop to moaning from the stands.

I believe he's doing his job and has instilled belief back in to players who are starting to look like a team. Maybe it's time the fans did their bit and started to look and sound like supporters. The clue is in the title

Billy Mac
01-02-2015, 12:29 AM
He sounds quite shocked by the reaction of the fans at full time.

I'm not one for booing but I can't say that I'm surprised at all. It's something that we've become accustomed to at Easter Road in recent years and it was an inevitable reaction after losing that later goal.
Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

Carheenlea
01-02-2015, 12:31 AM

I didn`t participate in any booing today, but if we get beat next week I certainly will be!

B.H.F.C
01-02-2015, 12:37 AM

Exactly. Stubbs has had it quite easy so far IMO. I think 99% of people realise what he inherited.

I like him. I think he's brought a lot of good things to the club and made good signings. But he'll know himself we should be winning more games.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:42 AM
I do. I think the absence of the boo boys would make going to games a much better experience for supporters and for the players. The knock on effect would be better crowds, better support and better performances. But that is just my opinion. Maybe a bad atmosphere is the perfect environment for some people.

Booing happens at every ground around the world, it just ain't solely happening at ER, i think your opinion is mad. :greengrin

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Exactly. Stubbs has had it quite easy so far IMO. I think 99% of people realise what he inherited.

I like him. I think he's brought a lot of good things to the club and made good signings. But he'll know himself we should be winning more games.

And the wins will come more frequently thanks mainly to the coaching style. But if we dominate games and entertain but fail to win how does that justify abuse ?

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:46 AM

Stop it, you will always get folk booing when things go wrong, it's what football fans do, just like when they score they celebrate and cheer, it's part an parcel of football, you will need to get used to it me thinks.

eastcoasthibby
01-02-2015, 12:47 AM
I have to admit at final whistle I said one "boo" and stopped realising how stupid and wrong a reaction it waWasIlla agree that this type of response is out of frustration and has evolved here over a period of a couple of years.
I personally was unhappy today at the attitude and stop start style and "mucking about with the ball " of Scott Allan ..from about the 60 minute mark.
we played the way that suited Raith today slow build up and little urgency in our game after we scored !!
This lack of pressing urgency is evident to often ...when we are struggling to break a team down, and then players withdraw rather than taking the game by the scruff of the neck.
Have to say the substitution thing if a player has a knock and needs to go off that's the gadgets decision..totally ..but in the replacement today I think Stubbsy got it wrong ..it should have Stanton not Handling ...
the points comment e as disapiibting but he was obviously hurting about fanszreaction and we need to change that and show our full support

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Booing happens at every ground around the world, it just ain't solely happening at ER, i think your opinion is mad. :greengrin

Yep. Mad it may be but not necessarily wrong. What is for sure is that players do not respond to negativity from the people who are supposed to support them. But you can be sure that the opposition thrive on it

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:48 AM
And boo the team?

So if were winning 4-0 folk will be booing.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:50 AM

I was being positive and hoping we would win the game and all be happy.

bingo70
01-02-2015, 12:50 AM
And the wins will come more frequently thanks mainly to the coaching style. But if we dominate games and entertain but fail to win how does that justify abuse ?

Because people are passionate and get frustrated. We're at the lowest point we've probably ever been at, certainly in my lifetime so people have an expectation we should be brushing sides like raith rovers aside.

People get emotional and sometimes in the heat of the moment they do or say things to vent their frustration/anger.

If you're asking whether booing will motivate players then of course it won't but I'm sorry, it's not going to go anywhere as long as we're unable to beat such poor sides.

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:51 AM

Ah. You must have missed the question mark

B.H.F.C
01-02-2015, 12:51 AM

Do you honestly think the abuse was that bad today? The only booing was after the event so it didn't affect the performance.

I was down at Old Trafford last year when Man Utd lost to Everton and the stick they dished out to their team was a million times worse than anything Ive seen at Easter Road this year. Booing is a football thing, not a Hibs thing. It's maybe not always justifiable but it happens at football grounds up and down the country and always will.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:52 AM
I believe he's doing his job and has instilled belief back in to players who are starting to look like a team. Maybe it's time the fans did their bit and started to look and sound like supporters. The clue is in the title

You are having a giraffe surely, the fans have been great with the team this season.

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 12:56 AM
You are having a giraffe surely, the fans have been great with the team this season.

Not always. The fans have been very quick to criticise and this is by no means the first time booing has been discussed on this forum.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Well said Stubbs!

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Stop it, you will always get folk booing when things go wrong, it's what football fans do, just like when they score they celebrate and cheer, it's part an parcel of football, you will need to get used to it me thinks.

Nearly fifty years since I first went to ER and I have to say I cannot remember a time when our fans were so unsupportive and divisive. Booing and vitriolic abuse of our own team is a relatively new thing. Booing the opposition and referees for that matter has always been there.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Not always. The fans have been very quick to criticise and this is by no means the first time booing has been discussed on this forum.

And the fans have been very good at backing the team this season, if the players are getting upset by booing then they aren't doing there job properly and should be fully concentrating on what's happening on the pitch while play is going on and listening for shouts from there team mates rather than listening to what's coming from the stands.

You are making this in to it's all the fans fault thread when it is clearly not, players were to blame today for not taking there chances, if we keep drawing against pish poor teams in the championship at home then the fans will let the players no it.

Bring on the kippers.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2015, 01:11 AM
Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually F..k off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

I understand folk were booing at the end of the Yams game last week. That'll be the day that I'll ever accept the manky mob being held up as an example to us.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2015, 01:13 AM
As a guy who's had no influence on what happened to us before this season, Stubbs' reaction is perfectly understandable. Anyone with eyes and any sense could see what we were trying (and largely succeeded) to do today, and for a long time now.

I wouldn't fault a single thing about our performance today, we created a hatful of chances through both patient play and quick, incisive breaks, hit the post, hit the bar and the Raith keeper had several very good saves. We never looked in any danger throughout the 90 minutes.

It was one of those days. Regardless of the huge disappointment at the draw, there's no reason for anyone to boo us today.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2015, 01:18 AM
we don't need the manager criticising the most loyal ones that are still making the effort to go. Even if they do let the frustrations and anger get the better of them after a bad result.

The most loyal Hibs supporters will not take what Stubbs said as criticism.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2015, 01:20 AM
IMO Stubbs reaction in a way mirrors the booing at the end. The fans booed out of frustration and AS had a go at us for the same reason, he rightly couldn't have a go at the players because for 85 minutes of that match they were excellent. How the hell we didn't win it is an utter mystery. I know you make your own luck, but this season for Hibs its like one of these boxing matches where the judges are all homers and you need a knockout just to get a draw.

Aritch
01-02-2015, 01:21 AM
How about this?

Yes, you are absolutely entitled to boo the team.
You pay your money and you are free to do what you want.

But, without wanting to patronise anyone, might it be worth trying to invest your energy in something more positive?

Worth a shot, surely.

macd123
01-02-2015, 01:28 AM
There have been issues with folk behind the dugout for a while now. They got to fenlon big time and we all know what happened with malpas. It's a few folk who like making themselves heard in the home dugout.

That said it takes the p*** slagging off some supporters but ignoring most of us who follow the team through thick and thin. It's like the media focusing on HoH. So how about stop commenting on the noisy few and give some credit to the loyal majority (who sang stubbs name for half the game.)

The_Horde
01-02-2015, 01:33 AM
Get the Neanderthals to ****. But stubbs needs to see where people are coming from. Yes, no reason to boo. But surely he can understand the frustration? The only way to vent that frustration is to boo. I don't agree with it and I certainly didn't do it. But ffs that fat **** scored with their only shot of the game to equalise in the last minute. Of course emotions are running high.

Tinribs
01-02-2015, 01:41 AM
Get the Neanderthals to ****. But stubbs needs to see where people are coming from. Yes, no reason to boo. But surely he can understand the frustration? The only way to vent that frustration is to boo. I don't agree with it and I certainly didn't do it. But ffs that fat **** scored with their only shot of the game to equalise in the last minute. Of course emotions are running high.

I didn't start this thread to have a go at Stubbs OR the folk booing, the meat of the interview was pretty much 'Should do better'. We all agree with that i hope. The boo stuff i don't like, but it comes with the game.

The_Horde
01-02-2015, 01:53 AM
I didn't start this thread to have a go at Stubbs OR the folk booing, the meat of the interview was pretty much 'Should do better'. We all agree with that i hope. The boo stuff i don't like, but it comes with the game.

Absolutely. And I can understand Alan's frustration as well. But he's barking up the wrong tree having a go at booing fans who've just seen the pantomime villain score with the last kick of the game to equalise. He needs to look less at the fans and more at his team's attitude in closing games out.

I like stubbs. In fact he's the best manager we've had in a long time. But today he made mistakes. The biggest of which was bringing handling on instead of Stanton.

macd123
01-02-2015, 01:54 AM

Do you not hear people singing his name EVERY week?? Do you not see hundreds of supporters at every away game? How about mentioning them in a post match interview?

Supporters turn up despite ticket prices and the opposition. Focus on negatives if you like but it's really not going to help.

TAHibby
01-02-2015, 01:58 AM
sorry but people that booed go **** yourselves. I would love to hear what the aim of booing the team off the park is and how it helps the side progress? I'm sure they were aware themselves it was a disappointing result

lord bunberry
01-02-2015, 01:58 AM
I love these threads. Every time we have a bad result people cant wait to come on here and have a go at a small number of fans. Mostly its people who sit on their hands and contribute nothing towards the atmosphere at games that moan the loudest.

Forza Fred
01-02-2015, 02:02 AM
We only lost 2 points today that won't affect us at the end of the season ? :confused: What you on about Alan ?

Perhaps that we will finish in third place?

Ozyhibby
01-02-2015, 02:03 AM
Can anyone point me to a time in our history when a home draw against Raith Rovers would not have resulted in Booing at Easter road.

California-Hibs
01-02-2015, 03:44 AM
As a guy who's had no influence on what happened to us before this season, Stubbs' reaction is perfectly understandable. Anyone with eyes and any sense could see what we were trying (and largely succeeded) to do today, and for a long time now.

I wouldn't fault a single thing about our performance today, we created a hatful of chances through both patient play and quick, incisive breaks, hit the post, hit the bar and the Raith keeper had several very good saves. We never looked in any danger throughout the 90 minutes.

It was one of those days. Regardless of the huge disappointment at the draw, there's no reason for anyone to boo us today.

Completely spot on!

Ronniekirk
01-02-2015, 08:29 AM

I don't boo ,but the frustration of yet another home draw against a team we should be beating is the reason some people vent their frustration at the end of a game in this manner you say you wouldn't fault a single thing but while I enjoyed the game and agree we were on top for most of the game you could fault the strikers for not putting one of the numerous other chances they had away(but they are both young and will develop) ,and stubbs needs to find a way to get the team to play in a way that allows them to see out games 1. 0 ,if that's what we need to do ,but you could sense they were going to get that late goal and when it duly arrived that adds to frustration .
Two people near me at ffinal whistle were separated as they were squaring up to each other That's the other way frustration boils over ,not nice to see .

Mikey09
01-02-2015, 08:37 AM

Sorry, dont agree. Football fans are the most fickle in sport. If we went on a run of 10 wins on the bounce and lost the next game at home the players would get booed off. Look at the yams last week? Unbeaten in the league up till the middle of January and they boo them off!! Absolutely pathetic..... Stubbs is quite right to be pissed off. Booing your own players is the most pointless thing ever..

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 08:41 AM

I'm bagging it all up as booing but folk around me at 4-0 up would've been looking for certain players/targets to misplace a pass or shoot wide so they could have a pop.

So basically - yes.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 08:45 AM
Supporters turn up despite ticket prices and the opposition. Focus on negatives if you like but it's really not going to help.

So 2 wrongs don't make a right? Hopefully he embarrasses a few into supporting the team (all of them) in the future.

Northernhibee
01-02-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm not going to get into the actual subject being discussed as I've been saying the same thing for months as Stubbsy but he looks really pissed off in that video.

He's been one of our most honest and up front managers for a while.

Pretty Boy
01-02-2015, 09:11 AM
The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.

semaj64
01-02-2015, 09:11 AM

And we have been garbage for a lot long than those teams mentioned, I am not one of the boo squad but we have had lot of frustrating games over the years. How ever we are on unbeaten run and I hope that that remains

Ozyhibby
01-02-2015, 09:21 AM
The more I think about it the more I think Stubbs has played an absolute blinder here.

First off I'm not defending the booing although I understand the frustration. But is that the 6th or 7th time we have snatched a draw from the jaws of victory or defeat from a draw late on? Alloa away, Falkirk at home twice, Hearts at home, Raith at home twice......

There's a bit of a pattern there of being unable to see a game out yet by bringing up the reaction at the end Stubbs now has a fair bit of attention being paid to the crowd as opposed to a consistent on field issue, it's only a couple of weeks since we threw away a 2 goal lead at home. Stubbs made a big deal about us being the fittest team in the league at the AGM so surely the last 20 minutes is when that shpuld be shining through not when we should be throwing away precious points on a regular basis? It's the same thing happening consistently as well; long, scrappy spells in the 2nd half where we fail to kill a game and end up sitting deeper and deeper trying to see it out.

Maybe some fans do need to take a look at themselves but maybe Stubbs would be best off concentrating on addressing and acknowledging a pretty obvious issue rather than having a wee pop.

100% agree
This has become a very bad habit from the fittest team in the league.

jane_says
01-02-2015, 09:23 AM

Do you sit around about row q of section 43? A boy in there loves screaming at Allan while he was running forward with the ball, calling Craig a lazy **** when he clearly was getting dragged back, screaming 'give it to him' expecting a pass when the ball is sitting at neck height, some of the stuff really was mind boggling.

If anyone thinks fans don't make a difference then look at Palace, Stoke and the like. Poor teams that get results and always mention the fans.

Yes, Hibs should definitely have closed the game out and won convincingly yesterday, but to say the fans have no effect is naive imho

Ozyhibby
01-02-2015, 09:28 AM
Do you sit around about row q of section 43? A boy in there loves screaming at Allan while he was running forward with the ball, calling Craig a lazy **** when he clearly was getting dragged back, screaming 'give it to him' expecting a pass when the ball is sitting at neck height, some of the stuff really was mind boggling.

If anyone thinks fans don't make a difference then look at Palace, Stoke and the like. Poor teams that get results and always mention the fans.

Yes, Hibs should definitely have closed the game out and won convincingly yesterday, but to say the fans have no effect is naive imho

We need to win the fans back though, not constantly blame them for every reverse.

Bishop Hibee
01-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Hibs on the park still have a lot to do to get many fans onside after the debacle of the last few seasons. There is a brittleness among the support amplified by Hertz steamrollering teams every week. That's why some fans booed yesterday. For the record I didn't.

bigwheel
01-02-2015, 09:40 AM
For years now there's been a culture of booing at ER ...many many times it is completely valid ....yesterday was not the case . Only finishing stopped it being a rout. 1 defeat in 20 , we should be praising this team - they can't change the past , but they are certainly creating a better future

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Not sure that the boos are wholly intended to be aimed at the team. If you accept that getting out of this league is a two year plan, then you take this as a wee dunt on a longer road. If you expect to get back up in one season, well the option to get back up as league winners is gone, so every set back is a major wound. If it is a thousand fans boo-ing at twenty quid a pop, I would like to see the business plan that shows how it is better these guys don't turn up.

steviehibsleith
01-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Are people booing because of a single game ? I think most are booing because of where we are in the Championship and most can see that unless we start converting these chances and solid up at the back we will be in the Championship next season. Not putting the ball in the net at really good opportunities and then gifting goals like we do will not be good enough to get us through the playoffs thats my frustration, but i didnt boo but i can see where they are coming from .

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Your spot on here PB was just about to post something similar. I love Stubbs but disappointed in this, most of booing was just sheer frustration at FT and I'd rather he had concentrated on our shocking defending atbthe corner and wasteful finishing than having a pop at the hardcore 8k fans we have left. Yes there are a few neanderthals that take things too far but contrary to opinion on here. ..every club has them not just Hibs.
Come on Alan hibs should not be drawing games at home with teams like Raith...thats the expectation at this club and if that changes then we should all give up!!

Stuarty27
01-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Your spot on here PB was just about to post something similar. I love Stubbs but disappointed in this, most of booing was just sheer frustration at FT and I'd rather he had concentrated on our shocking defending atbthe corner and wasteful finishing than having a pop at the hardcore 8k fans we have left. Yes there are a few neanderthals that take things too far but contrary to opinion on here. ..every club has them not just Hibs.
Come on Alan hibs should not be drawing games at home with teams like Raith...thats the expectation at this club and if that changes then we should all give up!!

:top marks

Devine
01-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Totally agree and I said as much leaving yesterday. Frustration leads to booing especially after a 90th minute goal it's a natural reaction. Couple that with how we consistently miss barrel loads of chances, lose soft goals from cross balls, lose late goals, playing poor opposition & in a position we shouldn't be in within this league.

Concentrate on fixing the issues that are consistently seeing us drop points rather than having a go at the hardcore fan base.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 10:49 AM
There were folk complaining before they scored. They just like the sound of their own voice.

Been back to a couple of games this season, and it seems to me that the fans are still lacking the confidence to back the team fully. I sat in the East and was disappointed by the negativity, there was very little encouragement for, or appreciation of, the positives.

I know that it's been hard the last few years, but it's maybe time to move on. If the fans have nothing to do with the result then a) why are they there at all, and b) why do Hibs play better away from Easter Road?

On another thread, somebody said that the manager shouldn't criticise the fans for booing. Apart from being an excellent example of fans thinking they can give it out whenever they want, it is also totally illogical.

The fans say they support the team. They are there to encourage their favourites. Just as the fans are right to moan about a striker who misses a sitter, I think managers are within their rights to complain about fans not doing their job.

Of course if it's a one way deal, that's different. But then, you are no longer a fan, you are a spectator.

In closing, I've seen plenty on the pitch to make me want to come back - less in the stands.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I think we've been getting worse and worse season after season for so long that quite a few of the support have less and less tolerance to poor results.

This and not winning enough home games in a pretty poor league against teams run on a shoestring brings everything to a head for a lot of people.

Nobody is saying its right, but i can see why we are where we are with the current negativity from some fans.

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Been back to a couple of games this season, and it seems to me that the fans are still lacking the confidence to back the team fully. I sat in the East and was disappointed by the negativity, there was very little encouragement for, or appreciation of, the positives.

I know that it's been hard the last few years, but it's maybe time to move on. If the fans have nothing to do with the result then a) why are they there at all, and b) why do Hibs play better away from Easter Road?

On another thread, somebody said that the manager shouldn't criticise the fans for booing. Apart from being an excellent example of fans thinking they can give it out whenever they want, it is also totally illogical.

The fans say they support the team. They are there to encourage their favourites. Just as the fans are right to moan about a striker who misses a sitter, I think managers are within their rights to complain about fans not doing their job.

Of course if it's a one way deal, that's different. But then, you are no longer a fan, you are a spectator.

In closing, I've seen plenty on the pitch to make me want to come back - less in the stands.

This 100%

spike220
01-02-2015, 11:04 AM

Is that you Terry?

Baldy Foghorn
01-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Not all supporter's booed, AS should have said that he was disappointed with certain parts of the support

Ozyhibby
01-02-2015, 11:06 AM
Having a go at the fans is a nonsense.
Given what's happened to the club over the last 7 years it's amazing that almost 10,000 showed up yesterday.
The fact that even with all the improvements this year, our home form is still abysmal against very poor opposition is not the fault of the fans.
It's Alan Stubbs job to sort that, not the fans.

Stuarty27
01-02-2015, 11:07 AM
Is that you Terry?

Are the stats correct tho?

Are we 17 points behind Hearts and still not above Rangers who are apparently horrendous after playing 3 extra games?

emerald green
01-02-2015, 11:11 AM

The bit in bold. That's complete nonsense. Stop exaggerating to try to win your argument.

If Hibs had held on to pick up the 3 points yesterday there would have been no booing at the end of the game. Booing at the end of matches is born out of the sheer frustration of fans who are left badly disappointed by a poor result, especially yesterday by the manner of conceding a ridiculous goal so late in the game.

It's what football fans do all over the world. They were booing at Tynecastle at the end of the game last week. Their first home defeat all season FFS.

Bye the way, I have only booed a Hibs team once at the end of a match, although I'm often left absolutely raging and frustrated. That was after they were relegated in the play-off match versus Hamilton at the end of last season. Do you think that was justified or not?

Billychaotic182
01-02-2015, 11:13 AM
The booing at half time annoyed me more than the booing at full time. If you weren't furious at full time after throwing away 2 points AGAIN! Then you have to tell me how you relax. For me he should be more annoyed that we couldn't see the game out than the fans who showed there displeasure at once again throwing away points. As someone said earlier this isn't just 2 points over all 12 points thrown away because we can't see games out or take our chances. And as for saying nothing was lost. What a daft comment. 2 points could be the difference for us having to play 2 more play off games!!!!

Stuarty27
01-02-2015, 11:14 AM
I as sitting in the east and didn't her booing at half time??

Billychaotic182
01-02-2015, 11:16 AM
I as sitting in the east and didn't her booing at half time??

There was in the west

Forza Fred
01-02-2015, 11:20 AM
There was in the west

Prawn sandwiches must have been off:greengrin

Stuarty27
01-02-2015, 11:21 AM
It's the odd idiot not the majority of fans.

There was a wee guy sitting next to me in the 2nd half who shouted at Jason Cummings when he ran the ball out the 2nd half and shouted "your ****ing *****"!! He was less than 10 yards away and would of heard that, I gave him it back a wee bit and he couldn't justify it.

That type of thing you canny help, some of the shouts are terrible but I think the majority of the fans have been great this season!

What about the long journey to QoS and Falkrik away when the players were shocking those days, no praise for the fans then!!

Billychaotic182
01-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Prawn sandwiches must have been off:greengrin

Hahahaha

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 11:24 AM
Having a go at the fans is a nonsense.
Given what's happened to the club over the last 7 years it's amazing that almost 10,000 showed up yesterday.
The fact that even with all the improvements this year, our home form is still abysmal against very poor opposition is not the fault of the fans.
It's Alan Stubbs job to sort that, not the fans.

Why do the fans go to the games - do they have a part to play as well?

Be really funny if Lewis Stevenson turned round and said - I've been having a crap time the last seven years - can you blame me if I don't try a leg?

I'd also like to point out, that - for me personally - the negativity around me yesterday was enough to put me off going back to a game - or at least sitting in that stand. You're right, it's amazing that nearly 9,000 people showed up - but there are people like me who are looking at recent results and performances and thinking of getting back into a match day habit. The stay away fans that the club has to win back.

Worth thinking about how off putting it is to be sitting in the midst of a lot of people judging the team on 7 years worth of performances. There's a lot of talk about change and fans saying how much the club means to them. Maybe it's time to step back and question what the fans mean to the club - if they can't provide encouragement, and behave in a mature way when things don't work out, then maybe it's time they moved on as well.

Another thing - we are in the Championship and we deserve to be. It's time that a minority/most/the vast majority (delete as appropriate depending on your level of denial), got their head round that. It is also worth considering that the Rovers, Falkirk,QOTS etc. are also in that league because they deserve to be.

The Premiership is also full of teams like St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, Ross County who are run on shoestring budgets. They also deserve to be in their league.

It's time for the Hibs supporters to drop the Billy Big Baws attitude, the expectation of a right to beat so called smaller teams, and just rolled up their sleeves and get behind the team. We are no better than the other teams chasing play off spots; we don't win games because we won a couple of league titles 60 years ago.

The way we win games is to out play the opposition, and for the fans to get behind the team when they are trying to play the game out. There was a deafening silence yesterday, after 80 minutes - that's the point where the fans really need to help the team over the line.

Who cares about the last seven years - they are gone, we can't change them.

Hiber-nation
01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
The booing at half time annoyed me more than the booing at full time. If you weren't furious at full time after throwing away 2 points AGAIN! Then you have to tell me how you relax. For me he should be more annoyed that we couldn't see the game out than the fans who showed there displeasure at once again throwing away points. As someone said earlier this isn't just 2 points over all 12 points thrown away because we can't see games out or take our chances. And as for saying nothing was lost. What a daft comment. 2 points could be the difference for us having to play 2 more play off games!!!!

The booing at half time was nothing to do with the way we were playing, it was for the ref.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
It's the odd idiot not the majority of fans.

There was a wee guy sitting next to me in the 2nd half who shouted at Jason Cummings when he ran the ball out the 2nd half and shouted "your ****ing *****"!! He was less than 10 yards away and would of heard that, I gave him it back a wee bit and he couldn't justify it.

That type of thing you canny help, some of the shouts are terrible but I think the majority of the fans have been great this season!

What about the long journey to QoS and Falkrik away when the players were shocking those days, no praise for the fans then!!

Shocking, absolutely disgraceful, deary deary me. :faf:

Ozyhibby
01-02-2015, 11:29 AM
I think the booing at half time was more to do with a poor ref decision right before the whistle.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2015, 11:33 AM
The bit in bold. That's complete nonsense. Stop exaggerating to try to win your argument.

If Hibs had held on to pick up the 3 points yesterday there would have been no booing at the end of the game. Booing at the end of matches is born out of the sheer frustration of fans who are left badly disappointed by a poor result, especially yesterday by the manner of conceding a ridiculous goal so late in the game.

It's what football fans do all over the world. They were booing at Tynecastle at the end of the game last week. Their first home defeat all season FFS.

Bye the way, I have only booed a Hibs team once at the end of a match, although I'm often left absolutely raging and frustrated. That was after they were relegated in the play-off match versus Hamilton at the end of last season. Do you think that was justified or not?

Which argument? I ain't exagarating, simply saying how I hear it. If you don't hear or see it, fair enough, loads on this thread do and so does alan Stubbs.

AndyB_70
01-02-2015, 11:35 AM
After we scored we strolled through the game like we were 3 or 4 up. Our defending at cross balls is freaking shocking. How many goals have we conceded to cross balls. Our keeper is rooted to his line most of the time when he should command his area.
The goal we lost was shocking yesterday and I think the booing was more out of frustration than anything else as we should have killed that game long before that.

Beefster
01-02-2015, 11:42 AM
At least the booing at the end is something that the masses leaving early can't be blamed for. Although, the equaliser was probably their fault, tbf.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2015, 11:43 AM
Get the booing kicked into touch.Clowns. Bear in mind the tripe we have watched pre Alan Stubbs. He seems to be excited with the job alongside his staff. It's odd, various managers just go and it's not JUST because of bad results. They are sore but Jeeziz' some of my fellow Hibby's are dragging other supporter's and player's down with this booing crap. No wonder people eventually off. Plus, 9000.57 Today? Pathetic.We can have a pop at the Gorgie Dark side but they have got RIGHT behind their team. hurts me to say that but fact!.

aye, sing when they're winning it's dead easy that, they didn't seem to get behind their team when we were in front at the wonga dome recently and even when they did draw level it was a total of two songs:rolleyes:...pffftt

The Green Goblin
01-02-2015, 11:46 AM

I thought the ht booing was cos the ref had failed to give us a clear pen?

Turkish Green
01-02-2015, 11:47 AM
It was clear the players that went off were either knackered or had a knock so it's a bit bizarre.

But! But! But! I thought Stubbs said we were now the fittest team in the league. Hibs were totally in control for 80 minutes and then they started blowing air out of their bahookies.

Need to convert dominance into more goals.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 11:52 AM
That's the thing, people will vent their feelings towards their target the only way they can.
There are posters criticising supporters for booing at full time, I don't boo but can understand why some did, the result was a travesty and it's probably easier to boo than shout you played well lads albeit there were a couple of misplaced passes and the number of goals should have been more given the number of attempts but I'm bitterly disappointed with this result.

Isn't criticism of people booing tantamount to booing the booers? Why should that be acceptable?

Because the people that boo are fannies who can't deal with their personal disapointments in a mature and rational way. This is evident from the way they chose to vent their frustrations, whingeing like a child who has been told they have to stay in because it's raining.

The Green Goblin
01-02-2015, 11:53 AM
If the fans have nothing to do with the result then b) why do Hibs play better away from Easter Road?.

Hibs 4 - The Rangers 0
Hibs 5 - Cowdenbeath 0

Were these recent freak results then? I take the rest of your points PhDR, but don't see this one. We didn't take our chances yesterday, and there were many excellent chances. What does that have to do with the fans?

emerald green
01-02-2015, 11:58 AM
Which argument? I ain't exagarating, simply saying how I hear it. If you don't hear or see it, fair enough, loads on this thread do and so does alan Stubbs.

The bit in bold (again). Are you seriously saying that you are not exaggerating when you say, and I quote:

"Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted by howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity!"

I'm sorry but that is not how I hear or see it at all, so we'll need to disagree on that.

Yes there are shouts of disappointment when things go wrong on the pitch, but that's not at all unusual at football matches, anywhere, at any club. Do you think fans should just sit in silence and only open their mouths to express themselves at "the good bits" during a football match? Personally, I think that's nonsensical and it aint gonna happen.

I listened to AS interview and what he said on this subject, and to be honest I was a bit surprised by what he said. He was defending his players and quite rightly so. I would rather he did that than slaughter them like Butcher & Malpas. But when it comes down to it the fans were simply expressing their frustration and disappointment that their team, who they desperately want to see doing well, had let them down again badly in the most ridiculous manner. And not for the first time, by a long way.

PS: You never commented / answered my point about after the Hamilton Accies play-off match.

Tom Hart RIP
01-02-2015, 12:01 PM
AS was annoyed at the reaction of a few fans behind the dugout who questioned his substitutions. He asked sarcastically if fans would prefer that he should keep injured players on?

emerald green
01-02-2015, 12:04 PM
I think the booing at half time was more to do with a poor ref decision right before the whistle.

I thought the ht booing was cos the ref had failed to give us a clear pen?

It was, but that will be those terrible Hibs fans again. Shocking so they are. :wink:

rcarter1
01-02-2015, 12:05 PM
I was a bit surprised by Alan Stubbs comments, but what the hey, if booers can't take being criticised then……
Anyway Im really happy with Alan Stubbs, as I think he sees all the issues we have, and will address them in due course.

cabbageandribs1875
01-02-2015, 12:06 PM

because the team formation is set up differently for away games :dunno: because away teams sit in at ER(apart from 'the rangers' and look what happened to them) leave the fans alone :)

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 12:09 PM
Hibs 4 - The Rangers 0
Hibs 5 - Cowdenbeath 0

Were these recent freak results then? I take the rest of your points PhDR, but don't see this one. We didn't take our chances yesterday, and there were many excellent chances. What does that have to do with the fans?

Given our home form - which has been highlighted on this thread, I would argue that these results buck the trend.

The fans didn't miss the chances. I don't think they backed the team as well as they could have either.

Dare I say it, if we were hanging onto a one goal lead against Hearts, the fans would be showing their appreciation of the players hanging onto the ball. There were plenty around me still baying for Hibs to get the ball up to the front, in the last 10 minutes.

it's for the players to say whether a bit more encouragement to hang onto the points would help them over the line. Given that this thread is about the manager's comments at the end, I think the message is that a bit more positivity would help.

But then, for several seasons now, it seems that the fans know a lot better than the manager of the club, what is good for it. They demand that heads roll, and that their choice ( for example TB) be the replacement. Then when it goes tits up, they turn round and blame the board.

Yet they never, ever think about ways they can change things by changing their own attitudes. Attitudes that have seen us win the square root of **** all in the last 60 years, and pretty much the same in the 50 odd years before that.

We are seeing a change in the way the team is managed. Yet, it seems to me that failure has become too great a comfort blanket for too many supporters. I have to conclude that there is a massive element of self defeating behaviour about our home support, rather than wait for the disappointment they sub-consciously make it happen.

That way they don't have to deal with the disappointment of not going home disappointed.

DaveF
01-02-2015, 12:10 PM
The frustration built up throughout the game as we missed chance after chance after chance. Then we get hit with a sucker punch and draw a game we should have won easily and some fans howl their frustration at full time.

Big deal. What else was he expecting?

I was unlucky enough to watch Everton and West Brom on telly a few weeks back and the Everton fans moaned like **** all game and booed their team off. If we are going chuck points away as regularly as we are, then this is always going to happen.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2015, 12:13 PM
The bit in bold (again). Are you seriously saying that you are not exaggerating when you say, and I quote:

"Every misplaced pass, off target shot, mistimed tackle is greeted by howls of derision. Our own players are slated at every opportunity!"

I'm sorry but that is not how I hear or see it at all, so we'll need to disagree on that.

Yes there are shouts of disappointment when things go wrong on the pitch, but that's not at all unusual at football matches, anywhere, at any club. Do you think fans should just sit in silence and only open their mouths to express themselves at "the good bits" during a football match? Personally, I think that's nonsensical and it aint gonna happen.

I listened to AS interview and what he said on this subject, and to be honest I was a bit surprised by what he said. He was defending his players and quite rightly so. I would rather he did that than slaughter them like Butcher & Malpas. But when it comes down to it the fans were simply expressing their frustration and disappointment that their team, who they desperately want to see doing well, had let them down again badly in the most ridiculous manner. And not for the first time, by a long way.

PS: You never commented / answered my point about after the Hamilton Accies play-off match.
Guess what, I never booed after that game either. I sat in stunned silence for a good ten minutes after the end. You did what you felt was right. The big difference is, we had just been relegated with a horrible team and management team.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 12:15 PM
AS was annoyed at the reaction of a few fans behind the dugout who questioned his substitutions. He asked sarcastically if fans would prefer that he should keep injured players on?

The answer is obviously not, but sometimes the fans are not aware that a player is being substituted because of an injury.

I was surprised when I saw Robertson being substituted yesterday, and it was another spectator who said to me that he thought Robertson had taken a knock earlier in the game. I simply hadn't noticed that.

BTW I wasn't one of those sitting behind the dugout!

Lago
01-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Oh Oh not a Malpas situation surely.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 12:19 PM
because the team formation is set up differently for away games :dunno: because away teams sit in at ER(apart from 'the rangers' and look what happened to them) leave the fans alone :)

Or because there is a weight of expectation on them at home, based on a misplaced sense of a right to win just because we are Hibs, whereas away fans behave in a different way? Who knows?

One thing we can't do is ignore this: the fans always say they are a constant in Hibs, whereas players, directors, managers etc are transient. So given that they are the constant, and that the team has been constantly crap is it not just a tiny wee bit worth considering that the home support could have something to do with the constant failure?

I'm not saying it is - but it is surely worth thinking about.

The home support right now reminds me of one of these failing social clubs, or bowling clubs. Membership is dwindling, yet they fail to see that it's because the club is full of miserable *******s like them.

IMO, the misery yesterday was learned behaviour, based on what has become expected from fellow fans. It bore little relation to what I saw on the pitch, and was a wee bit disturbing, if I'm honest. (OK, OK, I over egged it with the last sentence, but let's admit it - Easter Road is hardly the Nou Camp at the moment).

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Exactly what you are doing now.

Discussing the situation, the day after the game, where the benefit of anonymity allows me the freedom to say what I think without the risk of a punch in the snout from the people who are annoying me.

I have to admit much of my frustration comes from the lack of response to my encouragement to those around me. My shouts of "come on guys, let's get behind the team, instead of being bally well moaning minnies"! (This was met by nothing more than some fierce rustling of sweetie papers and a guy blowing his nose).

So, in short, what I say on here has little impact on what happens in the stands or on the pitch. In a discussion where somebody is bleating because the manager had the temerity to have a go at the fans, my comments aren't out of place.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Guess what, I never booed after that game either. I sat in stunned silence for a good ten minutes after the end. You did what you felt was right. The big difference is, we had just been relegated with a horrible team and management team.

Well good for you. I believe you. Did you hear the thousands booing after that game? Do you honestly believe the booing that day was completely unjustified, unexpected or undeserved? The Butcher / Petrie GTF chants in any way unjustified?

There was nothing like that yesterday. To make such a comparison is way off beam. The way you describe what happens at ER as a matter of course as I said earlier we'll need to disagree on.

I'm not in any way condoning or encouraging booing the players, I'm trying to get it across that it happens at football matches, at all clubs, not just Hibs.

kaimendhibs
01-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Well good for you. I believe you. Did you hear the thousands booing after that game? Do you honestly believe the booing that day was completely unjustified, unexpected or undeserved? The Butcher / Petrie GTF chants in any way unjustified?

There was nothing like that yesterday. To make such a comparison is way off beam. The way you describe what happens at ER as a matter of course as I said earlier we'll need to disagree on.

I'm not in any way condoning or encouraging booing the players, I'm trying to get it across that it happens at football matches, at all clubs, not just Hibs.
Not once did I say yesterday was the same as the Hamton game, that day was horrible. I hate butcher and malpas, I do think booing them was justified as it goes.
Anyway, not on here to argue or fall out with anyone, we are all Hibs supporters after all

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
I love these threads. Every time we have a bad result people cant wait to come on here and have a go at a small number of fans. Mostly its people who sit on their hands and contribute nothing towards the atmosphere at games that moan the loudest.

This.

If folk are that offended then say something at the match rather than coming on here whinging, it's becoming boring reading the same pish after each game, just to point out the team get plenty backing from the fans during games.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Not once did I say yesterday was the same as the Hamton game, that day was horrible. I hate butcher and malpas, I do think booing them was justified as it goes.
Anyway, not on here to argue or fall out with anyone, we are all Hibs supporters after all

OK mate, we can agree on that at least. :aok:

I'm not looking for an argument either as it happens. Just a debate, as it's something I personally feel very strongly about, i.e. the constant criticism of the Hibs supporters, by fellow supporters, which I feel is unjustified.

Some fans do go OTT with some of their stuff at matches, but I believe they are in a minority.

Even some of the best and most successful clubs in the world however do get abuse from their own fans from time to time. Why would or should anyone expect it to be, for some strange reason, any different at Hibs?

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm bagging it all up as booing but folk around me at 4-0 up would've been looking for certain players/targets to misplace a pass or shoot wide so they could have a pop.

So basically - yes.

Do you sit in the West by any chance. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 12:51 PM

A bit harsh on Stubbsy, IMO. :greengrin

ancient hibee
01-02-2015, 12:51 PM
There are some daft reasons given for the booing.To me the booing had nothing to do with past frustrations.It was because we had just watched a team where about 8 of them failed to go about their job in a professional manner.Raith got the draw without doing anything to deserve it-it was gifted to them.The missed chances showed a lack of concentration and a chronic failure to do the job properly.Is it that the players can't handle the pressure particularly of going second?We've certainly thrown that possibility away.Stubbs can say what he likes but the statement in today's papers that "he couldn't slate his players-we should have won by five" is nonsensical.

ekhibee
01-02-2015, 01:04 PM
I can appreciate with the 'we're all in it together' thing, but football matches can only represent that up to a point. If a manager or player makes a remark or gesture, they can, and often are, punished for it. Hundreds of fans, not only at Hibs, go through each season shouting abuse at almost every game and very very rarely are punished for it. The clubs are always careful about criticizing fans, because obviously they can't afford to drive them away. Other factors come into it too. Some people might have a lot going on in their personal lives, a bad week at work etc, and an hour and a half on a Saturday afternoon gives them the outlet to release frustrations that have been built up over a period of time. Added to that the position we find ourselves in, in terms of being out of the top league and not killing off teams they way we probably should be. Right now every game the team plays is under close scrutiny; it's different from being in the top league with a mediocre team that isn't going to be relegated but isn't going to challenge for any honours either. From that perspective we are in it together; the fans get really involved in almost every kick of the ball, because at times the present team has played some great stuff, even allowing for what league we're in. Everything is polarized, so from the fans there's more exagerated positiveness and more exagerated negativity too.
Of course, it's not fair to suggest fans shouldn't be allowed to critisize the team if they're playing badly, but at the same time, you pay your money and take your chances. Going to football isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but at the same time it's harsh to say 'I expect more considering what I paid', because none of us can predict how the team is going to play, or if they get the right result. Yesterday I thought the team played well, created lots of chances, worked hard, and were clearly the better team on the park. We didn't get the result that our play merited, but that has been the Hibs way in many many games that I can remember, often against Hearts too.
Anyway, even if I disagree with much of the verbal abuse that is aimed at the team on a regular basis, at times I feel it is justified although I don't shout or boo myself, but that's just me. I think Stubbs is a breath of fresh air as far as recent managers go, but he's still learning, hence his comments during the interview sound a wee bit naive, even if you agree with the sentiment.

Malthibby
01-02-2015, 01:08 PM
I absolutely believe that Stubbs is the answer for us but the booing at the end should hardly have been a surpise, we had
just been given yet another mighty kick in the nadgers, right at the end of a game we had totally bossed.
Winning fewer than half our home games is leading to frustration and anxiety on the terraces & that won't be helpng the team
but it would be useful for stubbs to recognise the context - we desperately want to be screaming the team on, howling and clapping like
deranged seals, but we have got used to spending most of the time peering through our fingers, waiting for another late booting.
We are the product of years of pish, the team is the only thing which can turn that around.
GG

WestStandMoaner
01-02-2015, 01:24 PM
I absolutely believe that Stubbs is the answer for us but the booing at the end should hardly have been a surpise, we had
just been given yet another mighty kick in the nadgers, right at the end of a game we had totally bossed.
Winning fewer than half our home games is leading to frustration and anxiety on the terraces & that won't be helpng the team
but it would be useful for stubbs to recognise the context - we desperately want to be screaming the team on, howling and clapping like
deranged seals, but we have got used to spending most of the time peering through our fingers, waiting for another late booting.
We are the product of years of pish, the team is the only thing which can turn that around.
GG

Too many on here moan about people booing and a poster suggested they stay away, well many who boo have stayed away and that is why we play in front of 8 and 9000. If the rest of the fans who boo stay away we will be playing in front of 5000. Booing has been going on at all football clubs for decades, as for Stubbs, he is right to protects his players but can he honestly be surprised at the fact that when you allow Nade to get a equaliser in the last minute the fans should clap the players off

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 01:27 PM

I really do not think it is a fitness issue with our players PB, i have said it before but we seem to turn of at times during games and it costs us, the players need to be focused for the 90+ minutes until the full time whistle goes, it's a mentality thing, some players think the game is won and lose there full concentration for a minute or 2 and bang we concede a goal, it needs to be worked on at the training centre.

BIGK
01-02-2015, 01:39 PM
it was the first time that I have been in the east stand for a while yesterday. Could not believe the abuse and snide digs at our own players. Two muppets sitting quite close were having a competition to see who could slag off our own players the best. Everyone was getting it Craig ( of course ), Cummings, Watson even Allan. These idiots need to shut up as they are making themselves part of the problems the team faces playing at home at the moment.

loanheadhibby
01-02-2015, 01:44 PM
I was a bit surprised by Alan Stubbs comments, but what the hey, if booers can't take being criticised then……
Anyway Im really happy with Alan Stubbs, as I think he sees all the issues we have, and will address them in due course.

i think it's called deflection from Stubbs. Is 17 points behind your biggest rivals acceptable and dropping more points at home? Only a thought.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Why do the fans go to the games - do they have a part to play as well?

Be really funny if Lewis Stevenson turned round and said - I've been having a crap time the last seven years - can you blame me if I don't try a leg?

I'd also like to point out, that - for me personally - the negativity around me yesterday was enough to put me off going back to a game - or at least sitting in that stand. You're right, it's amazing that nearly 9,000 people showed up - but there are people like me who are looking at recent results and performances and thinking of getting back into a match day habit. The stay away fans that the club has to win back.

Worth thinking about how off putting it is to be sitting in the midst of a lot of people judging the team on 7 years worth of performances. There's a lot of talk about change and fans saying how much the club means to them. Maybe it's time to step back and question what the fans mean to the club - if they can't provide encouragement, and behave in a mature way when things don't work out, then maybe it's time they moved on as well.

Another thing - we are in the Championship and we deserve to be. It's time that a minority/most/the vast majority (delete as appropriate depending on your level of denial), got their head round that. It is also worth considering that the Rovers, Falkirk,QOTS etc. are also in that league because they deserve to be.

The Premiership is also full of teams like St. Johnstone, St. Mirren, Ross County who are run on shoestring budgets. They also deserve to be in their league.

It's time for the Hibs supporters to drop the Billy Big Baws attitude, the expectation of a right to beat so called smaller teams, and just rolled up their sleeves and get behind the team. We are no better than the other teams chasing play off spots; we don't win games because we won a couple of league titles 60 years ago.

The way we win games is to out play the opposition, and for the fans to get behind the team when they are trying to play the game out. There was a deafening silence yesterday, after 80 minutes - that's the point where the fans really need to help the team over the line.

Who cares about the last seven years - they are gone, we can't change them.

As you have already stated you have only been at a few games this season, but be assured there has been plenty times the fans have been fully behind the team at home and away games, yesterday was a massive game for the team, 3 points and we would have went above The Rangers but when the pressure is on these players they just don't produce the results and they needed to get 3 points yesterday and they failed again to do that at ER, and we have had some pretty poor results away from home as well, it's a cop out to blame the fans, i will keep saying it but booing happens at football games all over the world when fans are pissed off and it ain't a new thing either, I'm sure many moons ago when you went to ER you would hear fans having a go at players and booing them 20-30 years ago, was everyone happy as larry under the Miller era, NO, plenty of booing and shouting at players back then, it will always be there when things are not going as planned, and we should be beating a club like Raith Rovers at Easter Road when it is such an important game for the club.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Because the people that boo are fannies who can't deal with their personal disapointments in a mature and rational way. This is evident from the way they chose to vent their frustrations, whingeing like a child who has been told they have to stay in because it's raining.

This coming from a stay away fan, very good.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-02-2015, 01:58 PM

This.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 01:59 PM

Exactly.

Next we will be told celebrating a goal is just not on.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 02:04 PM

Been like that for a long time now, is it the same fans who think they are top managers, i sat there for a season and some of the things said from a few (same ones every other week) were ridiculous, why do folk sitting in the stand think they no better than the manager. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Or because there is a weight of expectation on them at home, based on a misplaced sense of a right to win just because we are Hibs, whereas away fans behave in a different way? Who knows?

One thing we can't do is ignore this: the fans always say they are a constant in Hibs, whereas players, directors, managers etc are transient. So given that they are the constant, and that the team has been constantly crap is it not just a tiny wee bit worth considering that the home support could have something to do with the constant failure?

I'm not saying it is - but it is surely worth thinking about.

The home support right now reminds me of one of these failing social clubs, or bowling clubs. Membership is dwindling, yet they fail to see that it's because the club is full of miserable *******s like them.

IMO, the misery yesterday was learned behaviour, based on what has become expected from fellow fans. It bore little relation to what I saw on the pitch, and was a wee bit disturbing, if I'm honest. (OK, OK, I over egged it with the last sentence, but let's admit it - Easter Road is hardly the Nou Camp at the moment).

And the fans at the Nou Camp are always a happy bunch so they are, they are just like any other set of fans when it ain't going right the fans let the players no, whether that be throwing a pigs head on to the pitch or throwing coins, lighters, and mobile phones or just waving there white hankies, they show there disaproval of what's happening on the pitch.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Discussing the situation, the day after the game, where the benefit of anonymity allows me the freedom to say what I think without the risk of a punch in the snout from the people who are annoying me.

I have to admit much of my frustration comes from the lack of response to my encouragement to those around me. My shouts of "come on guys, let's get behind the team, instead of being bally well moaning minnies"! (This was met by nothing more than some fierce rustling of sweetie papers and a guy blowing his nose).

So, in short, what I say on here has little impact on what happens in the stands or on the pitch. In a discussion where somebody is bleating because the manager had the temerity to have a go at the fans, my comments aren't out of place.

So you will come on here and have a moan at fans who were behaving like fannies (your words) but won't say nothing to them at the time when they are annoying you.

Maybe football isn't for you, as this stuff happens at football grounds all over the UK/Europe/Asia week in week out when things aren't going right for your team, surely you have noticed this before when you used to go to games in the good old days, when fans still boo'd and moaned at players.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 02:30 PM
And lets not forget fans were asked to stump up Premiership prices for this season so that we could get quality in so that we could beat teams like Raith Falkirk etc etc and get promotion at the first time of asking, Hibs fans have stuck by the club through some horrendous times over the years and paid good money to do so, as someone said earlier in a post, maybe this was Stubbs way of deflecting away from us not getting the three points.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2015, 02:40 PM

I hate these threads. Every time we get a bad result the usual posters appear to remind us that we've been crap for the last x number of years, ignore any of the positivity at the club at the moment, and just generally wallow in misery.

Everyone is perfectly aware of how we ended up where we are and how long we'd been ***** for - I can't see what good it does to constantly go on about it, especially since the key people at our club now had nothing to do with that and are doing their best to change it.

As always, people will state that they're entitled to vent their frustration however they wish. That is true - and many people on this board will defend that right. But let's not pretend it does anyone any good.

hibbymark
01-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Stubbs is a ex Celtic player and should know that any points dropped by them is treated as a disaster. In our current situation dropping points

at home to Raith Rovers with the equaliser being scored late in a game, when a win would have taken us 2nd in the league isn't good enough.

As unrealistic as going through till the end of the season without dropping any points is, its probably what we would have to do to put any

pressure on Hearts and to catch Rangers. Booing at the end of a game that felt like a defeat isn't new at Easter Rd and neither is fans sitting

behind the dug out having a opinion on substitutions.

The Green Goblin
01-02-2015, 03:33 PM
And the fans at the Nou Camp are always a happy bunch so they are, they are just like any other set of fans when it ain't going right the fans let the players no, whether that be throwing a pigs head on to the pitch or throwing coins, lighters, and mobile phones or just waving there white hankies, they show there disaproval of what's happening on the pitch.

I was at a game at Camp Nou many years ago, with a pal of mine who is a ST holder. Barca won 3-0 but as they came off, they were booed deafeningly by their own fans. I was confused about this, so I asked my pal why on earth they were booing their own team after winning 3-0. He said it was because they didn't try hard enough to entertain the fans. The win was easy, but they did it on automatic pilot. The fans were incensed by that and let rip.

famous_fife_hibby
01-02-2015, 03:39 PM
While I appreciate Oxley has had some great games. He only seems to "command" his area in the bigger games ( Hearts, a Rangers ect) if the fans can see the lack of ( confidence?) when we are defending set pieces, surely the management team can? I will never "Boo" the team, but we are losing goals because the keeper either can't make his mind up or he just stays on his line. You can clearly see during a game that he does not inspire confidence in his defence. Does the management team not say anything or gear his training towards this?

macd123
01-02-2015, 03:45 PM
Given our home form - which has been highlighted on this thread, I would argue that these results buck the trend.

The fans didn't miss the chances. I don't think they backed the team as well as they could have either.

Dare I say it, if we were hanging onto a one goal lead against Hearts, the fans would be showing their appreciation of the players hanging onto the ball. There were plenty around me still baying for Hibs to get the ball up to the front, in the last 10 minutes.

it's for the players to say whether a bit more encouragement to hang onto the points would help them over the line. Given that this thread is about the manager's comments at the end, I think the message is that a bit more positivity would help.

But then, for several seasons now, it seems that the fans know a lot better than the manager of the club, what is good for it. They demand that heads roll, and that their choice ( for example TB) be the replacement. Then when it goes tits up, they turn round and blame the board.

Yet they never, ever think about ways they can change things by changing their own attitudes. Attitudes that have seen us win the square root of **** all in the last 60 years, and pretty much the same in the 50 odd years before that.

We are seeing a change in the way the team is managed. Yet, it seems to me that failure has become too great a comfort blanket for too many supporters. I have to conclude that there is a massive element of self defeating behaviour about our home support, rather than wait for the disappointment they sub-consciously make it happen.

That way they don't have to deal with the disappointment of not going home disappointed.

You need to go to more games. 90% of the fans have been incredibly supportive of the team, Stubbs and Dempster. Yet the focus is on the noisy few.

- we sing Stubbs name every week. He talks about the abusive minority instead

- we support LD at every meeting and shout down any hecklers. She comes on here to talk about the demotivating negativity of the fans

- we are supportive and positive about the HSL plan. The media is full of stuff about HoH and "hibs fans divided"

Then to cap it all our own supporters like you come on pretending we are all negative. It's you that's focusing on the negatives not (90% of) us.

hfc rd
01-02-2015, 03:47 PM
He looked very p***** off with the booing.

Alfred E Newman
01-02-2015, 03:53 PM
I think Stubbs would have been better just saying that he understood the fans frustration and left it at that. Carelessly conceding a late goal once again after playing a lot of good football and totally dominating a game for 90 mins, it was no surprise some people booed. I didn't boo but I was absolutely raging when I left the ground.

lord bunberry
01-02-2015, 04:20 PM
A bit harsh on Stubbsy, IMO. :greengrin

Stubbs has got to take some of the blame, he's turned up with a name that doesnt fit well into songs:greengrin

WillowbraeHibby
01-02-2015, 04:28 PM
I think Stubbs would have been better just saying that he understood the fans frustration and left it at that. Carelessly conceding a late goal once again after playing a lot of good football and totally dominating a game for 90 mins, it was no surprise some people booed. I didn't boo but I was absolutely raging when I left the ground..

Fair comment TBH.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 04:37 PM
This coming from a stay away fan, very good.

What's your point, only people that go every week are allowed to be pissed off by it? Like I said earlier, plenty on the pitch to change this stay away fans habits, less on the pitch [edit: in the stands]. Just saying.

FranckSuzy
01-02-2015, 04:38 PM
This is probably too simplistic but, what with AS saying dropping 2 points doesn't really matter (or something along these lines), maybe he is focusing on the improvement in performance/play and not solely on the win :dunno: That's maybe why he can't fathom why some fans felt they should boo the team but, yes, the upturn in form is there for all to see but at this stage in the league, 3 points is all that really matters, IMHO.

ahibby
01-02-2015, 04:44 PM
I didn't boo, but AS has missed the point. If we had won 1 0 there would have been no booing. People booed because despite dominating the game the team didn't have the character to see out the last five minutes. The substitutions did nothing for us and so we should wonder why those particular substitutions were made. DH was not better to SR and McGeough of for Martin, probably weakened us. The booing I'm sure was because we dominated but didn't have the character or the savvy to see out the last five or ten minutes. Wrong decisions on and off the park for me yesterday.

hibs0666
01-02-2015, 04:51 PM
I didn't boo, but AS has missed the point. If we had won 1 0 there would have been no booing. People booed because despite dominating the game the team didn't have the character to see out the last five minutes. The substitutions did nothing for us and so we should wonder why those particular substitutions were made. DH was not better to SR and McGeough of for Martin, probably weakened us. The booing I'm sure was because we dominated but didn't have the character or the savvy to see out the last five or ten minutes. Wrong decisions on and off the park for me yesterday.

Subs were made because players were injured. Stubbs has already said that.

There is a solid core of bams that spend the game displaying their total ignorance of what is happening on the park, and round off their day at the fitba with a round of booing if Hibs don't win. There has to be a change in culture on the terraces because, right now, we are certainly not all in this together.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 04:54 PM
You need to go to more games. 90% of the fans have been incredibly supportive of the team, Stubbs and Dempster. Yet the focus is on the noisy few.

- we sing Stubbs name every week. He talks about the abusive minority instead

- we support LD at every meeting and shout down any hecklers. She comes on here to talk about the demotivating negativity of the fans

- we are supportive and positive about the HSL plan. The media is full of stuff about HoH and "hibs fans divided"

Then to cap it all our own supporters like you come on pretending we are all negative. It's you that's focusing on the negatives not (90% of) us.

Where does the 90% figure come from mate. Is that 90% of the people that go to the game, or 90% of the people around you? Just asking, because the boos yesterday were from more than 10% of fans in the ground.

See 90% of the people around me didn't sing Stubbs's name,for example. I looked along the stand and could see that over 90% of the people in the top section were standing - but nobody was standing around me. In fact 100% of the people in one section of the ground was playing a drum - albeit that section consisted of one seat.

You see where I'm coming from? 90% of the fans that sing songs back the team 100% - but they are only something like 10% of the entire support. Maybe if consider what goes on in the whole stadium, you'll see that I'm not pretending anything, I'm merely feeding back my observations.

I don't want the fans to be negative - so what would be in it for me to pretend to have a negative opinion of them?

Negativity wise, I haven't actually done a poll of how fans think. I came to the ground yesterday to watch the team, and I will be back again. I did pick up on a willingness to criticise the players when things went wrong, and less willingness to praise them when they did well.

Objective observation from one fan, that's all it is though. But when the boss asks what is going on, it's maybe time for people to step back and try to be objective themselves. I'm not pretending everything, I'm reporting on what I saw - just like you are reporting what you see. Two people can look at the same thing, and see something different. Neither is right.

To be clear. I am responding to a thread which asks why Stubbs has a right to criticise the supporters. I haven't been going to many games, and I pitch up at ER, ready to take an objective look at the game. I see Hibs doing pretty much everything right on the pitch, and yet the majority of what I hear around me is negative.

I have not asked why supporters are doing this - I know that things have been bad in the last few years. I get it.

It so happens though, that I don't like going to games when the fans are on the players' backs unfairly. I've never seen the sense of booing your own team, and (personally) I think that people that do it are acting in a petulant and childish way - so be it, that's why they pay their money.

I don't want to spend £22 to sit in a negative atmosphere. I don't think I'm that unusual. I think it puts a lot of people off going.

This is not a judgement, this is an opinion. One that may have some validity in the debate about why people stay away, and why the atmosphere remains negative.

As far as speaking to people about what they are doing goes -what would be the point? As people would quite rightly say "wtf do you think we are, we pay our money, if you don't like it stay away". We're talking about telling people they sound a bit pathetic, it's hardly like challenging racism.

Still, "four legs good, two legs bad" - as they used to bleat in unison at Tynecastle.

Stubbs has got to take some of the blame, he's turned up with a name that doesnt fit well into songs:greengrin

I know five year olds that have been to more Hibs games than him, who does he think he is criticising the supporters when he's just been in the door five minutes anyway - man's nothing more than a fanny?

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 05:00 PM
This is probably too simplistic but, what with AS saying dropping 2 points doesn't really matter (or something along these lines), maybe he is focusing on the improvement in performance/play and not solely on the win :dunno: That's maybe why he can't fathom why some fans felt they should boo the team but, yes, the upturn in form is there for all to see but at this stage in the league, 3 points is all that really matters, IMHO.

I see an improving team and more positives about yesterday than negatives. It was disapointing not to win, but if folks are honest it was obvious after an hour it wasn't our day in front of goals.

It may be hard to do when things have been bad for so long, but it seems to me that people need to think about how far we have come - at this point; not how far we have to go.

theonlywayisup
01-02-2015, 05:02 PM
It is only natural that people get annoyed when we lose a last minute equaliser. It happens all over the world. We all get angry to varying degrees. It happens to us all.

However, there are some that just need to chill. Take it easy, it's only a game of football.

One guy beside me was bellowing "Liam Craig, I f@@@@@g hate you" at the end of the game. In the family stand!!! I could have got into an argument with him, but I just looked at him and said to myself "chill man, take it easy".

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 05:05 PM
What's your point, only people that go every week are allowed to be pissed off by it? Like I said earlier, plenty on the pitch to change this stay away fans habits, less on the pitch. Just saying.

You have only been to a couple of games, sure that's what you said, how do you no that in the other games you missed that everyone around you were acting like fannies (you really like putting Hibs fans down don't you) they may have been backing the team, the games that i have been at this season home and away the fans around me have been great with there backing of the team on the pitch, you get the odd silly shout but that has been happening at ER since i started going to watch them, you have watched Hibs for a good long time, was it all nicey nicey back then, fans have always moaned at football games, you should no that, but hey ho they're a bunch of fannies if you say so.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 05:16 PM
It is only natural that people get annoyed when we lose a last minute equaliser. It happens all over the world. We all get angry to varying degrees. It happens to us all.

However, there are some that just need to chill. Take it easy, it's only a game of football.

One guy beside me was bellowing "Liam Craig, I f@@@@@g hate you" at the end of the game. In the family stand!!! I could have got into an argument with him, but I just looked at him and said to myself "chill man, take it easy".

The way I see it, some supporters no ***** all about football. Somebody tells them that player X is great (say Ivan Sproule) and that player never gets any abuse no matter how shan he plays. Somebody tells them that player Y is crap - result player Y is at fault for everything.

By scanning the updates about which players are awful and which players are legends, the fan who knows nothing, can still sound like he knows his stuff. Except when the updates are out of date - then the close observer can detect that the fan in question knows diddly squat.

It would be gentlemanly to point this out to the fan in question, in person - however this does bring its own problems. Best to wait for him to get the updates, rather than upset him with information he will fail to retain anyway.

ronaldo7
01-02-2015, 05:29 PM
I just wish AS would get the guys to work as a team and not individuals, especially when they get in on goal. The amount of times I've seen players go for goal when their TEAM MATE was in a better position with the goal at their mercy is frightening.

Square ball played into their team mate in the last few games would have had us with more points in the bag.

Come on guys, you know it makes sense.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM
You have only been to a couple of games, sure that's what you said, how do you no that in the other games you missed that everyone around you were acting like fannies (1)(you really like putting Hibs fans down don't you)(2) they may have been backing the team, the games that i have been at this season home and away the fans around me have been great with there backing of the team on the pitch (3), you get the odd silly shout but that has been happening at ER since i started going to watch them, you have watched Hibs for a good long time, was it all nicey nicey back then, fans have always moaned at football games (4), you should no that (5), but hey ho they're a bunch of fannies if you say so (6).

Alright SH, as always it's what you heard and saw that is real - everything else in the world is just a drug induced illusion. Let's deconstruct your post.

1) I can only comment on the games I have been at.
2) I like putting everyone down - Hibs fans or otherwise - it's what I'm good at.
3) Good for you - it wasn't like that yesterday though.
4) No, it's always been like that, there's always been petulant fannies.
5) See (4).
6) Thanks.

Feeling the love - have a nice day. :shotdowni

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 05:46 PM
The way I see it, some supporters no ***** all about football. Somebody tells them that player X is great (say Ivan Sproule) and that player never gets any abuse no matter how shan he plays. Somebody tells them that player Y is crap - result player Y is at fault for everything.

By scanning the updates about which players are awful and which players are legends, the fan who knows nothing, can still sound like he knows his stuff. Except when the updates are out of date - then the close observer can detect that the fan in question knows diddly squat.

It would be gentlemanly to point this out to the fan in question, in person - however this does bring its own problems. Best to wait for him to get the updates, rather than upset him with information he will fail to retain anyway.

Spot on - exactly as I see it.

That's why the same quotes get posted about Allan every week no matter what - "best player in the legur by a mile", "pleasure to watch", "wonderful", "superb" etc etc.

As for Craig some guys in the F5 were waiting on him doing something worthy of a mouthful.

Just depends on what someone's told them or read to them.

macd123
01-02-2015, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=Phil D. Rolls;4290385]To be clear. I am responding to a thread which asks why Stubbs has a right to criticise the supporters. I haven't been going to many games, and I pitch up at ER, ready to take an objective look at the game. I see Hibs doing pretty much everything right on the pitch, and yet the majority of what I hear around me is negative.

I have not asked why supporters are doing this - I know that things have been bad in the last few years. I get it.

It so happens though, that I don't like going to games when the fans are on the players' backs unfairly. I've never seen the sense of booing your own team, and (personally) I think that people that do it are acting in a petulant and childish way - so be it, that's why they pay their money.

I don't want to spend £22 to sit in a negative atmosphere. I don't think I'm that unusual. I think it puts a lot of people off going.

This is not a judgement, this is an opinion. One that may have some validity in the debate about why people stay away, and why the atmosphere remains negative.

I just don't think the majority are negative. Yes, if i had the choice i would remove 4 or 5 people within earshot of my seat. But it's a small minority - nowhere near a majority. Not even close.

MB62
01-02-2015, 05:55 PM
A.S. is going to have to get used to this as part of being a football manager as this will happen time and again no matter where he is in charge, he just needs to ask the manager of his old club when they lost at home to Stoke and drew at home to Hull, there plenty home fans booing at the end of these games.
In over 50 years of supporting Hibernian, players, managers etc have changed but results like this have not, especially when there is some extra significance to the game, e.g. yesterday we could have moved to 2nd spot in the league if we had won so the result was even more disappointing.
Yes we should have won the game by a barrowload and Rovers goal should have been little consolation for them, but at 1-0 a game is never won and I thought we were a bit pedestrian for annoying periods, Scott Allan is one of the classiest players I have seen wearing a Hibs jersey but there are times when he is looking to play the killer ball and holds on to it a bit too long, rather than just play the simple pass (wide) and keep momentum moving.
This Hibs team is a work in progress and we are a million miles better than we were at this same stage last season, or even in the last few seasons, at times with, a lot of times, we are a joy to watch. However, that doesn't mean we should all be going away delighted at dropping 2 more home points, football is a game of emotion and passion and not all emotions are positive ones, as we all know having supported Hibs for however many years.
We are not going to win the league and it is now looking unlikely, or at least very difficult for us to finish 2nd, so it looks like 3rd or 4th is what we are aiming for, pleasing for Rod maybe as that will mean another home game and more income.
Basically, if you want to vent your frustration and Boo then on you go. I don't like hearing it, especially as I see the progress this team is making, but that's football and I equally don't like hearing the manager having a wee dash at the fans, you're at the start of what you will be hoping is a very long managerial career A.S. so you better get used to that sort of reaction.
As I type, I have just heard the Southampton fans booing as they have lost at home to Swansea, so it's not just Hibs fans who react like that.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 05:56 PM
Alright SH, as always it's what you heard and saw that is real - everything else in the world is just a drug induced illusion. Let's deconstruct your post.

1) I can only comment on the games I have been at.
2) I like putting everyone down - Hibs fans or otherwise - it's what I'm good at.
3) Good for you - it wasn't like that yesterday though.
4) No, it's always been like that, there's always been petulant fannies.
5) See (4).
6) Thanks.

Feeling the love - have a nice day. :shotdowni

Your welcome.

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 05:57 PM
WTF. Southampton fans booing at the end of there game, fannies.

Ronniekirk
01-02-2015, 06:00 PM
Nothing worse than a frustrated fanny :wink:

Wilson
01-02-2015, 06:04 PM

We really are copying the Southampton model.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 06:21 PM
To be clear. I am responding to a thread which asks why Stubbs has a right to criticise the supporters. I haven't been going to many games, and I pitch up at ER, ready to take an objective look at the game. I see Hibs doing pretty much everything right on the pitch, and yet the majority of what I hear around me is negative.

Hibs I'm afraid pretty much did not do everything right on the pitch yesterday. They squandered glaring chance after chance to win that match at a canter.

They then proceded to throw away two (more) priceless points in the most amateurish and naive manner right at the end of the game. Failure to score open goals, and chucking it away at the end with p*** poor defending is not doing pretty much everything right. I'm afraid it's ridiculous to expect any football fans in the world to be "positive" about that. Cloud cuckoo land in fact.

Bear in mind this was only a few weeks after the players head coach publicly criticised them for failing to deal properly with set plays. That wasn't the fans saying that. It was Alan Stubbs. Yet, if the fans say anything, they are being "negative". A word you use repeatedly in your post.

Stevie Reid
01-02-2015, 06:23 PM

3 points are definitely most important but you're more likely to win three points if you play well regularly, which is exactly what we are doing,

When we were drawing with teams at ER earlier in the season (the previous 1-1 draw with Raith is a perfect example) we were struggling to break teams down and had long, uninspiring periods of sterile possession and sideways passes, only creating a few clear cut chances.

Yesterday we destroyed Raith from start to finish, and whilst the end result was unfortunately the same, the performances were like night and day. I actually thought we were better going forward and created more gilt edged chances yesterday than we did in the 5-0 v Cowdenbeath - I had a feeling for a long time yesterday that there would be a sting in the tail for us, not because I think we are weak in any way, just simply because sometimes these things happen in football.

We keep playing at that tempo and standard we will win more games at ER. Yes our finishing could have been better, but we still have arguably our best two strikers unavailable at the moment. Farid would have had a field day with the quality of deliveries that went into the box at times yesterday.

Yesterday was a major disappointment, but by no means a disaster - it was frustrating for everyone, and if the fans are entitled to display their frustration then so is Stubbs.

Famous Fiver
01-02-2015, 06:31 PM
Was Malpas on the Raith bench or in the Directors Box yesterday? I was in the East Stand. Didn't see him but just wondering if he was around.

macd123
01-02-2015, 07:22 PM
What's your point, only people that go every week are allowed to be pissed off by it? Like I said earlier, plenty on the pitch to change this stay away fans habits, less on the pitch [edit: in the stands]. Just saying.

Commenting on matchday atmosphere probably does require going to matches.

JimBHibees
01-02-2015, 07:30 PM
3 points are definitely most important but you're more likely to win three points if you play well regularly, which is exactly what we are doing,

When we were drawing with teams at ER earlier in the season (the previous 1-1 draw with Raith is a perfect example) we were struggling to break teams down and had long, uninspiring periods of sterile possession and sideways passes, only creating a few clear cut chances.

Yesterday we destroyed Raith from start to finish, and whilst the end result was unfortunately the same, the performances were like night and day. I actually thought we were better going forward and created more gilt edged chances yesterday than we did in the 5-0 v Cowdenbeath - I had a feeling for a long time yesterday that there would be a sting in the tail for us, not because I think we are weak in any way, just simply because sometimes these things happen in football.

We keep playing at that tempo and standard we will win more games at ER. Yes our finishing could have been better, but we still have arguably our best two strikers unavailable at the moment. Farid would have had a field day with the quality of deliveries that went into the box at times yesterday.

Yesterday was a major disappointment, but by no means a disaster - it was frustrating for everyone, and if the fans are entitled to display their frustration then so is Stubbs.

Agree we played better than we did v both Falkirk and Cowdenbeath. A lot of our play was very good however we gave away a very soft equaliser. These things happen move onto the next game.

truehibernian
01-02-2015, 07:35 PM
Stubbs' stock is high and he has an abundance of goodwill amongst the support - however a manager should never get involved with fans that register that kind of attitude - instead as SH he should be telling the support how proud he is of the ones who attend and stand by the side.

His interview was right on the back of the luckiest of equalisers going and he has also let his frustration bubble to the surface - I'm sure it's directed at the defending and not the boo-boys but he should really stick to doing what he has been doing really well and galvanising the support.

Those that booed were purely frustrated - the football was good yesterday and chances created were plentiful. What he has to coach into the players is more composure and better decision making in that last third at crucial times in games. Hard to do from the sidelines but at times yesterday shots were on and not taken, shots were taken when the pass was what was desireable......slim slim margins in any league.

Monts
01-02-2015, 07:38 PM
For me, the problem does stem back to the last few years. We as fans have become so used to being sucker punched that we begin to expect it, and are happily surprised when it doesnt happen, as opposed to the normal being disappointed when it does happen. That means that if we are not winning by 3 goals, the fans start to worry about what might happen. Unfortunately for Stubbs, the sucker punch has come in far too many games at home this season. The fans sense it coming and panic, try to push the players forward and get frustrated if the 1st, 2nd or 3rd goal doesnt arrive.

Im never one for booing, but I am convinced the booing yesterday was as a result of that same sucker punch that has hit us so many times before not being dealt with.

We all know and can see how far we have come performance wise from last season, but the sucker punches make it feel like more defeats than it actually is. Its a different story if we had scored the last minute equaliser, but the manner of dropping points is all too familiar and until that changes on a consistant basis, there will always be frustration and there will continue to be booing.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2015, 08:11 PM
For me, the problem does stem back to the last few years. We as fans have become so used to being sucker punched that we begin to expect it, and are happily surprised when it doesnt happen, as opposed to the normal being disappointed when it does happen. That means that if we are not winning by 3 goals, the fans start to worry about what might happen. Unfortunately for Stubbs, the sucker punch has come in far too many games at home this season. The fans sense it coming and panic, try to push the players forward and get frustrated if the 1st, 2nd or 3rd goal doesnt arrive.

Im never one for booing, but I am convinced the booing yesterday was as a result of that same sucker punch that has hit us so many times before not being dealt with.

We all know and can see how far we have come performance wise from last season, but the sucker punches make it feel like more defeats than it actually is. Its a different story if we had scored the last minute equaliser, but the manner of dropping points is all too familiar and until that changes on a consistant basis, there will always be frustration and there will continue to be booing.

Very sensible post mate agree 100%....im disappointed in Stubbsy's comments as he surely realised the boos are more down to frustration than anything else...

Hamish
01-02-2015, 08:39 PM
Maybe this interview given an hour later would have been a bit different? You can see the guy is completely p'd off and frustrated, like most of us.

CentreLine
01-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Maybe this interview given an hour later would have been a bit different? You can see the guy is completely p'd off and frustrated, like most of us.

Agreed. I think what we see is that he cared passionately.

mca
01-02-2015, 09:06 PM
All This Because Nade scored in the dying... it was written in the script.. Lets gie them something else to gloat over if we lose the playoffs by two points.... :wink:

silverhibee
01-02-2015, 09:25 PM

:greengrin

Tom Hart RIP
01-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Was Malpas on the Raith bench or in the Directors Box yesterday? I was in the East Stand. Didn't see him but just wondering if he was around.

MM in directors box. To be fair he did get a few genuine welcome hugs and handshakes from Hibs staff. Not sure who but they were wearing Hibs anoraks?? He
Must have seen more chances created in game than in his and TBs full tenure.

Stuarty27
01-02-2015, 09:44 PM

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Nomeancity
01-02-2015, 10:35 PM
We will finish 2nd. We are better than them. I also think now we are better than hearts now but over the length of a season we haven't been. Let's get over yesterday, sh&t happens. We actually played very well but it didn't run for us.

Nomeancity
01-02-2015, 10:41 PM
I really can't make my mind up about Allan. There were a couple of points yesterday where he done some things that were as good as anything I have seen in a hibs jersey - he has this thing about showing the ball to an opposition defender as if he is about to lose it then just breezing past them. But at other times I do think he is a bit of a big time charlie - but is this what makes him so good. Overall I'm delighted we have him - but is he delighted to be at hibs?

Mango Man
02-02-2015, 09:05 AM

100% spot on, so many sucker punches has made us this way. Nobody does a losing end of a draw like Hibs.

TrinityHibs
02-02-2015, 09:29 AM
Been like that for a long time now, is it the same fans who think they are top managers, i sat there for a season and some of the things said from a few (same ones every other week) were ridiculous, why do folk sitting in the stand think they no better than the manager. :rolleyes:

The abuse they level at players and managers needs to be sorted. In any other sport they would have been emptied years ago. They spent the match blowing up HOH balloons and tossing them at the dug out. Balloons and tossers seems very appropriate.

Onion
02-02-2015, 10:01 AM

:agree: Just my 3rd game this season and thought Hibs were excellent. At no time in 89 mins did Raith look like scoring but the regulars sitting next to me were sweating from about the 10th minute when Hibs started missing chances. Even when 1 up, dominating and creating chance after chance they predicted a Raith equaliser. I didn't see it coming at all and was amazed at how Hibs could allow Nade to get a free header a few yards from our goal line. It was like Hibs players cleared the way for it to happen, it was that bad.

ahibby
02-02-2015, 12:47 PM

We didn't batter them we drew 1 1. Wee battered Cowdenbeath. Raith hammered us when it mattered, right at the death and got a draw out of it. Playing well for eighty to eighty five minutes is all undone when you start to throw it away with five or ten minutes to go. At least two of the substitutions were poor. Whether he needed to make substitutions or not, they should have had a more positive effect. We lost a 3 1 lead to Falkirk at home as well so it's not as though capitulation is rare.

Stevie Reid
02-02-2015, 01:00 PM
We didn't batter them we drew 1 1. Wee battered Cowdenbeath. Raith hammered us when it mattered, right at the death and got a draw out of it. Playing well for eighty to eighty five minutes is all undone when you start to throw it away with five or ten minutes to go. At least two of the substitutions were poor. Whether he needed to make substitutions or not, they should have had a more positive effect. We lost a 3 1 lead to Falkirk at home as well so it's not as though capitulation is rare.

We haven't capitulated to anyone this season.

07BigD
02-02-2015, 01:32 PM
I'm thinking about taking headphones to the next home game so I don't hear what is going on around me, that's probably more frustrating than anything else. A lot of people are frustrated by the fact that we are going to be down for maybe another season while those cheating turds are strolling it

macd123
02-02-2015, 07:46 PM
The majority need a voice. We have people portraying our fans as negative, divided and unsupportive everywhere just now. What about the rest of us who turn up every week, buy season tickets, merchandise and are currently considering contributing 2.5 million quid to the club?

- evening news headlines today saying hibs fans jeering
- STV news at 6pm about hibs being booed off
- evening news also headlines about some boy from HoH in gorilla outfit complaining about STF

We need somebody to have a word with these people and stop going on about the noisy minority and give the fans some credit. One thing is for sure - Mike Riley ain't going to do it. Over to you Amit and Frank.

emerald green
02-02-2015, 07:54 PM
The majority need a voice. We have people portraying our fans as negative, divided and unsupportive everywhere just now. What about the rest of us who turn up every week, buy season tickets, merchandise and are currently considering contributing 2.5 million quid to the club?

- evening news headlines today saying hibs fans jeering
- STV news at 6pm about hibs being booed off
- evening news also headlines about some boy from HoH in gorilla outfit complaining about STF

We need somebody to have a word with these people and stop going on about the noisy minority and give the fans some credit. One thing is for sure - Mike Riley ain't going to do it. Over to you Amit and Frank.

:agree: Just when things are beginning to look good for Hibs, both on and off the pitch, out they come to put a negative spin on everything. Why is there this seeming anti-Hibs agenda?

The thing that also particularly annoys me is some Hibs fans who post guff criticising their fellow supporters, the huge majority of whom who still attend matches are loyal and supportive.

majorhibs
02-02-2015, 08:12 PM
Nearly fifty years since I first went to ER and I have to say I cannot remember a time when our fans were so unsupportive and divisive. Booing and vitriolic abuse of our own team is a relatively new thing. Booing the opposition and referees for that matter has always been there.

Stop it. You going 50 years? Take it you had selective deafness when Bertie Aulds teams were regularly booed cos he was more interested in not conceding, meaning loads of boring draws in the TOP division in Scotland? Or Mogadon Millers teams after yet again getting turned over by the poppy thieves after he had been on about "its just another 2 points"? You telling me Tortalano, Sneddon, Benny Brazil, Hamilton, latterly Wiss, Kerr, O'brien etc never got it tight? You come fi Pluto or something if you've been at ER for 50 years. Painted on ears for Plutonians or something?

macd123
02-02-2015, 11:55 PM
:agree: Just when things are beginning to look good for Hibs, both on and off the pitch, out they come to put a negative spin on everything. Why is there this seeming anti-Hibs agenda?

The thing that also particularly annoys me is some Hibs fans who post guff criticising their fellow supporters, the huge majority of whom who still attend matches are loyal and supportive.

You re right emerald. There are a few angry folk within my earshot but plenty good hibbies too who outnumber them 10 to 1.

CentreLine
03-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Stop it. You going 50 years? Take it you had selective deafness when Bertie Aulds teams were regularly booed cos he was more interested in not conceding, meaning loads of boring draws in the TOP division in Scotland? Or Mogadon Millers teams after yet again getting turned over by the poppy thieves after he had been on about "its just another 2 points"? You telling me Tortalano, Sneddon, Benny Brazil, Hamilton, latterly Wiss, Kerr, O'brien etc never got it tight? You come fi Pluto or something if you've been at ER for 50 years. Painted on ears for Plutonians or something?

Hmmm? Interesting abusive response. Well you boo if you want to but don't pretend it helps the team. Yes I was there for Auld, Miller, Williamson and many more, starting with Bob Shankley and I cannot deny that the crowds got quieter as boredom set in late in the Turnbull era but abusing the players of your own team is, as I said before, a RELATIVELY new thing. It is a symptom of the "Sing when we're winning" shower and certainly does not constitute SUPPORT for the team. All my opinion of course and I fully accept that you are entitled to yours