PDA

View Full Version : Video of equaliser

007 Mickey Weir
31-01-2015, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDcJdTy7gE&feature=youtu.be

Man at back post??

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 08:47 PM
looking at that video can't see how Oxley can be blamed by anyone.

Balls not very high so difficult for him to come and claim and there's at least 5 bodies between him and the ball.

Ronniekirk
31-01-2015, 08:48 PM
http://youtu.be/9wDcJdTy7gE

Man at back post??
Can't get link to work on I pad

Mikey
31-01-2015, 08:52 PM

Get a proper computer then :wink:

ano hibby
31-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Allen usually covers back post but he covers the short corner & is running back to back post & is too late to get there. Can't see who Nade's marker is..? Difficult to tell re Oxley also.
Missed chances cost us the game.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 08:56 PM

Balls not very high so difficult for him to come and claim and there's at least 5 bodies between him and the ball.

He defo should have come for that and been strong PB. Landed right in the middle of his 6 yard box. Players in front or not a keeper should be strong and push through it.

greenlex
31-01-2015, 09:00 PM
The defending and organisation for that corner is ****ing shocking. Missed chances cost us the win to be fair but that is garbage.

DaveF
31-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Allen usually covers back post but he covers the short corner & is running back to back post & is too late to get there. Can't see who Nade's marker is..? Difficult to tell re Oxley also.
Missed chances cost us the game.

Nade was picking up Craig when we were attacking, but not sure if it was the same pair in that clip.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-01-2015, 09:05 PM
So annoying. They were never, ever scoring from open play today

HH81
31-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Looks like a bit of a shocker all round.

The Green Goblin
31-01-2015, 09:08 PM
We should have put 4 or 5 in the net so it shouldnt have mattered, the number of one on ones we had...

hibbymick
31-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Its even more of a shambles when you slow it down and watch whats going on, or more to the point whats not went on. Very poor organisation indeed.

Defo looks like its Craig who was picking up Nade.

stevie-bee
31-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Craig was marking him for all there set pieces , with there free kick at the very end hanlon told Craig I will get nade for this 1

Sergey
31-01-2015, 09:15 PM

Correct.

A player on the post would have cleared it - but that ploy seems to be a thing of the past.

It was a very soft goal to lose, more so when :nade: was always going to be their target.

hibbymick
31-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Craig was marking him for all there set pieces , with there free kick at the very end hanlon told Craig I will get nade for this 1

Looking at it again, it looks like Hanlon is in front of Nade and Craig is either behind or beside him. Ball looks like it goes over Hanlons head and Nade beats Craig to the header.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2015, 09:26 PM

Works fine on my iPad.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 09:28 PM
Cannae blame Oxley for that at all imo

Ronniekirk
31-01-2015, 09:34 PM
The defending and organisation for that corner is ****ing shocking. Missed chances cost us the win to be fair but that is garbage.

25 shots 12 on target against Thete 6 shots and three on target

greenlex
31-01-2015, 09:48 PM
25 shots 12 on target against Thete 6 shots and three on target
Doesn't mean anything when you defend a corner that shambolic fashion I'm afraid. As I said that didn't cost us the points the poor finishing did.

ALF TUPPER
01-02-2015, 05:11 AM
Cannae blame Oxley for that at all imo

Agreed.
Thought we played some great stuff today. Should have had it tied up in first half.

Libby Hibby
01-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Not Oxleys fault at all...who is no 20? Looks like he was sprinting to make his way to the back post but corner was taken to quick for him

Ronniekirk
01-02-2015, 06:46 AM
Not Oxleys fault at all...who is no 20? Looks like he was sprinting to make his way to the back post but corner was taken to quick for him

Scott Allan

Aldo
01-02-2015, 06:52 AM
Free header no challenge! Poor all round

Ronniekirk
01-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Free header no challenge! Poor all round

Result apart did you enjoy the game Aldo We played well in spells were dominating for long periods and created the chances.Boyle should have had a hat trick and Cummings one on one should of scored but two young strikers is not what stubbs would have wanted to be playing at this stage of the season and they cost us up front while the obligatory collapse of shape and confidence gave them impetus to go for the equaliser robertson going off and handling on didn't do anything for team ino and the new guy started brightly but then didn't seem to run into space and Scott Allan was getting increasingly frustrated he had no options after making a run

Not In The Know
01-02-2015, 07:16 AM
Hanlons heading ability is quite frankly terrible. The amount of jumps he mistimes is shocking. IMHO it's a significant factor in us been vulnerable to cross balls for the last few years.

Aldo
01-02-2015, 07:51 AM
Result apart did you enjoy the game Aldo We played well in spells were dominating for long periods and created the chances.Boyle should have had a hat trick and Cummings one on one should of scored but two young strikers is not what stubbs would have wanted to be playing at this stage of the season and they cost us up front while the obligatory collapse of shape and confidence gave them impetus to go for the equaliser robertson going off and handling on didn't do anything for team ino and the new guy started brightly but then didn't seem to run into space and Scott Allan was getting increasingly frustrated he had no options after making a run

Ronnie we strolled it IMHO and RR poised next to no threat the whole game. They set their stall out not to get beaten today and achieved that - albeit for me was down to poor finishing and good keeping.

We lost our shape a bit when Robertson went off - showing just how much work he actually does for us - which meant McGeouch had to drop where he was less effective.

Allan is an excellent player and at times was unplayable but needs to ensure he does the simple things at times. Clever player and sometimes too clever for his team mates.

All in all we played some nice football - a bit tippy tippy at times but we need to be more ruthless in front of goals and take these chances we are creating..... This is our downfall at times.,

O and it was absolutely Baltic!! :-)

Aldo
01-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Hanlons heading ability is quite frankly terrible. The amount of jumps he mistimes is shocking. IMHO it's a significant factor in us been vulnerable to cross balls for the last few years.

And pre tell what has Hanlon done in the last dozen or more games to warrant this or are you on a wee fishing trip??? I bloody despair at times at the grief Hanlon gets on hear from folk.

I never saw once yesterday where Hanlon or Fontaine mistimed a header or tackle so I conclude you are on a wee expedition!!

Poor show from you I think!!

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 09:01 AM
And pre tell what has Hanlon done in the last dozen or more games to warrant this or are you on a wee fishing trip??? I bloody despair at times at the grief Hanlon gets on hear from folk.

I never saw once yesterday where Hanlon or Fontaine mistimed a header or tackle so I conclude you are on a wee expedition!!

Just the one that I can remember when he misjudged the bounce and let Nade run past him.

And the goal.

Turkish Green
01-02-2015, 09:27 AM
I just let the OP video run while I made my breakfast and it was full of yam derby goals. :grr: Spilled coffee in rush to close.

Whoever was was in the away end was not a Raith fan. I chuckled at the single baritone chorus of 'one Christian Nade' among all the weens.

AngusHibby
01-02-2015, 09:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCFfRawa0sA a good watch with regards to marking at corners and men on the post

emerald green
01-02-2015, 09:45 AM

Doesn't mean anything when you defend a corner that shambolic fashion I'm afraid. As I said that didn't cost us the points the poor finishing did.

:agree: After everything Stubbs said about the defending of set plays, which cost two points against Falkirk just recently, that was simply criminal defending as a team at that corner yesterday.

Naive and unprofessional right from the way the corner was conceded cheaply in the first place. Oxley stood like a statue, nobody on the back post, and the one person who should have been marked very closely indeed (Nade) was all on his own in the box.

Hibs fans can mock Nade as much as they like, but that's twice he's done us at ER this season. I'm still absolutely raging at what happened yesterday.

macca70
01-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Surely Fontaine should have been marking him.

Annoys the hell out of me when I don't see a player on both posts.

Although, if it initially looked like they were taking a short corner then front post gets dragged out to the corner and back post moves over to front post leaving the back post exposed.

They had one dangerman in the box, we should have had 3 men all over him.

Our defending has been a bit shambolic, we've not learned from the Falkirk game!!

J-C
01-02-2015, 09:49 AM
:agree: After everything Stubbs said about the defending of set plays, which cost two points against Falkirk just recently, that was simply criminal defending as a team at that corner yesterday.

Naive and unprofessional right from the way the corner was conceded cheaply in the first place. Oxley stood like a statue, nobody on the back post, and the one person who should have been marked very closely indeed (Nade) was all on his own in the box.

Hibs fans can mock Nade as much as they like, but that's twice he's done us at ER this season. I'm still absolutely raging at what happened yesterday.

The corner looked a shambles, having Craig mark Nade was also a disgrace and Oxley if he was really decent would not be plying his trade in this league with Hibs, he's now 24 and should be pushing for a better standard and maybe that's why he's being loaned out all the time.

Bronson
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM

Anything in his 6 yard box he has to make his own, that is the bread and butter of goalkeeping. Not good enough, his fault IMO.

Aldo
01-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Just the one that I can remember when he misjudged the bounce and let Nade run past him. And the goal.

That was the one in the east stand touch line which I will say , fair dos but as for the goal I have seen the video, and numerous tabloid photos and it's Craig whose marking Nade (as he did for most if the game at their set pieces) and Craig has his back turned as Nade headers it.

Inexcusable IMHO. Must at least make an effort to attack the ball or at least challenge IMHO.

hibbymick
01-02-2015, 11:21 AM
That was the one in the east stand touch line which I will say , fair dos but as for the goal I have seen the video, and numerous tabloid photos and it's Craig whose marking Nade (as he did for most if the game at their set pieces) and Craig has his back turned as Nade headers it.

Inexcusable IMHO. Must at least make an effort to attack the ball or at least challenge IMHO.

I reckon the 2 of them are marking him, Hanlon in front and Craig at the back. Both of them failed miserably.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 11:35 AM

The problem is he's got a mistake in him - he got away with the first one and for the goal he's fortunate he had Craig near him cos some folk will happily blame him.

Aldo
01-02-2015, 11:40 AM
The problem is he's got a mistake in him - he got away with the first one and for the goal he's fortunate he had Craig near him cos some folk will happily blame him.

I know what your saying but and I say BUT not one of our players attacked the ball simple as that.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I know what your saying but and I say BUT not one of our players attacked the ball simple as that.

I agree and I think the keeper could have come out punching as well.

Aldo
01-02-2015, 11:41 AM
I reckon the 2 of them are marking him, Hanlon in front and Craig at the back. Both of them failed miserably.

If this is the case then both did fail miserably and both ended up side by side.

Aldo
01-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I agree and I think the keeper could have come out punching as well.

Indeed. Win as a team lose as a team but (yes this again) in these situations it's about doing your job and/or taking responsibility and it's fair to say more than one person failed to do either.

Bishop Hibee
01-02-2015, 11:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDcJdTy7gE&feature=youtu.be

Man at back post??

Exactly what I said at the time. Throw that in with no one marling theor most dangerous player in the air. Defenders to blame not Oxley.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Judging by the stats posted, that goal should have been a mere consolation goal for raith. Our strikers really need to start taking the chances given to them. We can't keep doing this at home as it's costing us points every second week.

A few days of shooting practice and defending set pieces this week in training I think. Of course stubbs will realise this and that it needs worked on so I trust him to sort it out for our next game on Saturday.

Biggie
01-02-2015, 12:18 PM

Exactly......we're defending a one goal lead in the last minute and we don't have men on the posts....brutal.

lucky
01-02-2015, 12:25 PM
Oxley should have came for that ball ,it was floated in. He's been at fault for goals lost against Falkirk and now Raith. He not good enough for Hibs never mind the EPL

hibs0666
01-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Oxley should have came for that ball ,it was floated in. He's been at fault for goals lost against Falkirk and now Raith. He not good enough for Hibs never mind the EPL

You're having a laugh. The goalie had no business coming for that ball.

Not In The Know
01-02-2015, 01:31 PM

not fishing in the slightest, I'm just highlight something that in my opinion happens to often. look at the highlights form the Cowdenbeath game
7:15 in th the clip.

Its almost a carbon copy of the Raith goal from yesterday. Hanlon mistimes his jump in front off the attacker the ball goes over his head and they put it just wide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931CqvRSt4k

That was a critical point in the game, lucky they missed...

Aldo
01-02-2015, 01:36 PM
not fishing in the slightest, I'm just highlight something that in my opinion happens to often. look at the highlights form the Cowdenbeath game 7:15 in th the clip. Its almost a carbon copy of the Raith goal from yesterday. Hanlon mistimes his jump in front off the attacker the ball goes over his head and they put it just wide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=931CqvRSt4k That was a critical point in the game, lucky they missed...

It's a team game and yip he's made mistakes but to pinpoint the goal as his fault is wrong IMHO.

Boyle/Cummings and others missed chances yet are devoid of criticism?? No one attacked the ball yesterday plain and simple so to single out one player is wrong.

Not In The Know
01-02-2015, 02:00 PM
sure i agree but its just annoying how it seems to happen quite a lot.

I can imagine its frustrating for Stubbs et all hearing folk moan (re his post match interview). We have turned a corner performance wise and i think he is doing a great job.

its just as hibs fans we have had to put up with so much the last few years its taking a lot to win folk over again.