PDA

View Full Version : Cerny must start next week

hiberactive
31-01-2015, 07:16 PM
As the title says,I think we win the game easily if our goalie comes to collect or punch the corner-i don't know if its a lack of concentration,experience or what but Oxley is costing us points.

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2015, 07:29 PM
As the title says,I think we win the game easily if our goalie comes to collect or punch the corner-i don't know if its a lack of concentration,experience or what but Oxley is costing us points.

Not as many as forwards missing goals.

hiberactive
31-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Or maybe their keeper had a great game,when has anybody said that about Oxley?

HoboHarry
31-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Balls. We missed umpteen chances and the last minute goal should not have mattered. Still, batter on.....

Lucius Apuleius
31-01-2015, 07:42 PM

Not going to delve through hunners and hunners of pages, but quite often actually.

NadeAteMyLunch!
31-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Their keeper looked dodgy throughout the entire game. Didn't catch a thing all day. Absolutely criminal that we didn't test him more. All our shots were straight at him!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
31-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Give Cerny a go.

BS44
31-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Raith stuck a man on our goalie, stopped him from getting out for the cross. Why didn't fatty have to jump for his goal?

AFKA5814_Hibs
31-01-2015, 07:50 PM
I said at the game today that 1 costly mistake could see Cerny replace Oxley. We have a reserve goalie who is more experienced and arguably better than our No1.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2015, 07:57 PM
I'd rather we played forwards who were consistent when given one on one chances rather than 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chances taken.

hiberactive
31-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Balls. We missed umpteen chances and the last minute goal should not have mattered. Still, batter on.....

I agree,we should have scored more but our goalie had one thing to do and he for me he was found wanting.

portyhibernian
31-01-2015, 08:44 PM
I agree,we should have scored more but our goalie had one thing to do and he for me he was found wanting.

Agree mate

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Just watched a video of the goal.

Really can't see how anyone can blame Oxley.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 08:53 PM

Agree, it was the marker's fault. I'd still like to see Cerny in if he is fully fit though.

Stuarty27
31-01-2015, 09:02 PM
why no players on the post? If we had someone on the posts it would of been cleared.

JimBHibees
31-01-2015, 09:14 PM

That was what I thought at the game. Lost the goal because whoever was meant to be marking Lardass was as weak as a kitten.

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-01-2015, 09:16 PM

Oxley is the new boo-boy. That is why he can be blamed.

B.H.F.C
31-01-2015, 09:20 PM

Who was meant to be marking Nade? Didn't really notice at the time.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Who was meant to be marking Nade? Didn't really notice at the time.

Tbh the defending was a total shambles, we were all over the place.

It looks like a combination of Craig and Hanlon, neither of who covered themselves in glory.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2015, 10:15 PM
why no players on the post? If we had someone on the posts it would of been cleared.

:agree: i would have thought that would be in the defending a corner manual, obviously not in our one :( i'm afraid i can never be confident of our defence keeping a clean sheet, and i've felt the same for a few decades now...never been one of our strongest departments in our teams (in my life time) unfortunately, quite surprising considering the amount of Defenders we have had as managers lately

Brooster
31-01-2015, 10:26 PM
As per normal Oxley is rooted to his line when a corner is swung in to his 6 yard box, it's the same every week, he stands there hoping someone else will attack it. He should be steaming through that ball commanding his area. He is the root of all uncertainty in our defence. Time for Cerny.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2015, 10:30 PM
As per normal Oxley is rooted to his line when a corner is swung in to his 6 yard box, it's the same every week, he stands there hoping someone else will attack it. He should be steaming through that ball commanding his area. He is the root of all uncertainty in our defence. Time for Cerny.

I'm no huge fan of Oxley but the "time for cerny" shout would've been happening even if they had managed to defend that corner.

lucky
31-01-2015, 10:32 PM
I just don't rate Oxley never seen him make a save that an average keeper would not have made. For me he is the weakest link in our team

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Oxley is the new boo-boy. That is why he can be blamed.

Behave, Oxley has been pretty good this season but also had some bad mistakes that a keeper should save. Today he should have done better and I'd be very surprised if he didn't think that himself.

Speedy
01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
I would've liked to see Cerny next week anyway.

He's an experienced keeper, here to compete with our current no1. He deserves a chance and it's a game we should be winning regardless of which keeper we have in.

Tyler Durden
01-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I'd rather we played forwards who were consistent when given one on one chances rather than 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 chances taken.

Agreed but suppose we are seeing how good Boyle is. With everyone fit he is probably 5th choice and although he has done ok in the past few weeks in yesterday's evidence he will only score every 3rd or 4th chance.

Early verdict would be that he's a decent Championship player but won't have a long term future with us

Smartie
01-02-2015, 06:32 PM
I thought their keeper had a good game. Ok, a lot of the shots were straight at him but he dealt with them well.

Some of the goalkeeping in other games this weekend has been comical by comparison.

Better finishing and markers doing their job and we've won that at a canter.

Really harsh to be scapegoating Oxley for this one imo.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Off topic I know, but did anyone see the Aberdeen and Dundee United goalkeepers yesterday on TV? Both looked awful.

JimBHibees
01-02-2015, 06:37 PM
No way IMO does Oxley deserve to lose his place.

Northernhibee
01-02-2015, 06:38 PM

This. The latest in a long line of scapegoats.

Borderhibbie76
01-02-2015, 06:52 PM
not only did Craig not cover himself in glory defending the corner...he needlessly gave posession away in midfield leading to Raith winning said corner. He was a lot more to blame than Oxley imo and is our weakest link at the present time. He tries his best and doesnt deserve all the criticism aimed at him but he is not good enough for me and needs to move on in the summer. I also thought Handling was very poor when he came off bench...we lost the midfield when Robbo had to be subbed and Dylan had to drop deeper.

Billy Whizz
01-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Wonder if Cerny will get a game for the development team on Tuesday, maybe needs a game or two, too get up to speed

Eyrie
01-02-2015, 07:19 PM
Agreed but suppose we are seeing how good Boyle is. With everyone fit he is probably 5th choice and although he has done ok in the past few weeks in yesterday's evidence he will only score every 3rd or 4th chance.

Early verdict would be that he's a decent Championship player but won't have a long term future with us

There was a Dundee fan on here at the time of the swap who indicated that was what we could expect.

Boyle is starting just now because of the lack of alternatives.

Capt Mainwaring
01-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Don't see that Oxley was in any way to blame for either the result or the goal yesterday. Had we put away any of the other numerous chances we had yesterday we'd all be having a far more relaxing weekend.

Hermit Crab
01-02-2015, 09:30 PM

Other than injury or suspension then, at what point does cerny get a shout? They are both only here until the end of the season and I think we will be trying to keep one of them permanently.

TheHarpy76
02-02-2015, 10:38 AM
We had 25 shots at goal and scored once.

Aye it's Oxleys fault we didn't win.

scoopyboy
02-02-2015, 10:57 AM
We had 25 shots at goal and scored once.

Aye it's Oxleys fault we didn't win.

So because we only score once it then becomes acceptable to lose an equalizer in injury time.

02-02-2015, 11:06 AM
The reason we are dropping silly points is because although we completely dominate the game we just cannot seem to take our chances and finish teams off. Raith should have been completely out of sight.

newmarket_hibbee
02-02-2015, 11:39 AM
This. The latest in a long line of scapegoats.

was lucky enough to have watched the game here in Ontario, and also some of the past home games, goals for is still more of a concern, certain forwards need to pass a little more instead of trying to topp up their goal scoring bonuses ( if they have one). couple of unselfish passes and the game would have been won long before the final minute and we wouldn't be talking about this this morning. Also time Oxley time wasting a few minutes before the goal, what's up with that, just came back to bite you in the arse!!! All in all Hibs were/ are very entertaining to watch right now.

TheHarpy76
02-02-2015, 11:44 AM
So because we only score once it then becomes acceptable to lose an equalizer in injury time.

Not at all.
But I don't think we should be talking about dropping the keeper when the strikers and other attacking players were more culpable for the failure to win.

Bad Martini
02-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Not at all. It never becomes acceptable to lose a goal in injury time.

However, we have been weak in defence for YEARS.....I recall the "golden generation" and had it not been for all the goals Riordan and O'Connor were smashing in together, we'd have seen many a similar result back then too.

Back on track. Keeper makes an arse of one shot (or is partly culpable even), he is scapegoat numero uno. Forwards miss double figures chances all game...blameless. Unfair. They are equally culpable IMHO and one could argue the forwards had innumerate chances to seal the game many times over...

scoopyboy
02-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Not at all. It never becomes acceptable to lose a goal in injury time.

However, we have been weak in defence for YEARS.....I recall the "golden generation" and had it not been for all the goals Riordan and O'Connor were smashing in together, we'd have seen many a similar result back then too.

Back on track. Keeper makes an arse of one shot (or is partly culpable even), he is scapegoat numero uno. Forwards miss double figures chances all game...blameless. Unfair. They are equally culpable IMHO and one could argue the forwards had innumerate chances to seal the game many times over...

I'm not giving credit to our forwards for missing chances, I'm wanting to play Cerny in goals. Not a reaction to Saturday but over the course of the season to date.

Oxley never looks convincing to me.

I think our defence has done well this season protecting him.

I can't think of any game this season where I've come away thinking "that god we had Oxley, he saved us today".

Andy74
02-02-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm not giving credit to our forwards for missing chances, I'm wanting to play Cerny in goals. Not a reaction to Saturday but over the course of the season to date.

Oxley never looks convincing to me.

I think our defence has done well this season protecting him.

I can't think of any game this season where I've come away thinking "that god we had Oxley, he saved us today".

I dont think Ive come away from a game thinking we have been dominated though so wouldn't expect to have been saved by our keeper.

There's maybe been a couple of games I think he could have done better but that doesn't merit being dropped.

If he has a few bad games he will be replaced. Until then I'm sure he will may on. Good to have some back up though but doesn't mean Oxley should be hounded out just yet.

scoopyboy
02-02-2015, 12:18 PM
I dont think Ive come away from a game thinking we have been dominated though so wouldn't expect to have been saved by our keeper.

There's maybe been a couple of games I think he could have done better but that doesn't merit being dropped.

If he has a few bad games he will be replaced. Until then I'm sure he will may on. Good to have some back up though but doesn't mean Oxley should be hounded out just yet.

It's a difficult one I agree.

However if Cerny is a better keeper should he not be playing?

We all want a better Hibs team to get us promoted and then do well in the top flight. To do that players will have to be replaced and I think goalkeeper is a position of concern.

Shrekko
02-02-2015, 03:17 PM

We can't afford him to have a few bad games- that's the point.

He's never been tested but has looked unconvincing in virtually all parts of his game. There will be games where we will need him to perform heroics come the play-offs, and I've no confidence whatsoever. The penalties against Dundee United were a prime example- never got near any of them as he was too busy trying to use gamesmanship. His time-wasting has also cost us momentum in big games.

Andy74
02-02-2015, 03:19 PM
We can't afford him to have a few bad games- that's the point.

He's never been tested but has looked unconvincing in virtually all parts of his game. There will be games where we will need him to perform heroics come the play-offs, and I've no confidence whatsoever. The penalties against Dundee United were a prime example- never got near any of them as he was too busy trying to use gamesmanship. His time-wasting has also cost us momentum in big games.

We haven't had a few bad games though. That's surely the real point just now? He won't just be dropped unless it is deserved.

Shrekko
02-02-2015, 03:31 PM
We haven't had a few bad games though. That's surely the real point just now? He won't just be dropped unless it is deserved.
No, we haven't, although I think we may have had more points with a better keeper.

Oxley is a loan, Cerney is a short term deal- I just think the best players for the each positions should play. Don't see why goalies should be different. Boyle has done well the past 2 weeks but pretty sure Malonga will come straight in on Saturday to play up front.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2015, 03:42 PM
No, we haven't, although I think we may have had more points with a better keeper.

Oxley is a loan, Cerney is a short term deal- I just think the best players for the each positions should play. Don't see why goalies should be different. Boyle has done well the past 2 weeks but pretty sure Malonga will come straight in on Saturday to play up front.

Malanga is suspended for Saturday's game

The Leith Dutch
03-02-2015, 08:37 AM
I just don't rate Oxley never seen him make a save that an average keeper would not have made. For me he is the weakest link in our team

Oxley is a mixed bag for me.
I think he's extremely poor at coming for crossed balls and commanding his area.

I'd disagree on the point about not making saves an average keeper wouldn't have made.
I felt he was seriously at fault during the Falkirk game and cost us goals but he also pulled off a cracking save that could have seen that game turn out worse.

The one thing that needs mentioning is his distribution which I think is absolutely excellent and has been a major factor in the quality of our play this season.
We're generally playing out from the back and he's always looking to release Stevenson or Gray.

If we do bring Cerny in then he absolutely must match Oxley in that aspect.

As for the game at the weekend - have to agree with others that the problem was not taking one of the many chances we had to bury the game.