PDA

View Full Version : just how

livi hibs 1875
31-01-2015, 04:15 PM
someone explain just how was that possible:confused:

RCNG
31-01-2015, 04:17 PM
We obviously should have won that at a canter. We didn't. Why?

Craig is still not doing enough on the ball for us. He is a passenger every week and as soon as AS finds a way around picking him the better.

Scott Allan looked disinterested today. He's had better games and will hopefully continue his recent form going forward. Was still one of better players today, though.

Great goal but need to keep that kind of pressure up from start to finish. Something we just haven't done this season.

Still, unbeaten run intact. I'm not complaining.

My_Wife_Camille
31-01-2015, 04:17 PM
The Hibernian Way.

SteveHFC
31-01-2015, 04:18 PM
These 6 home draws this season will cost us come end of the season.

livi hibs 1875
31-01-2015, 04:19 PM
canny be , that was just crazy not to get 3 points from the game

Pete
The Hibernian Way.

No it isn't.

My_Wife_Camille
They're costing us already.

CalgaryHibs
31-01-2015, 04:21 PM
They're costing us already.

Correct this why were staying n this division and how late late goals have we given up ?

Glory Lurker
31-01-2015, 04:21 PM
They only will if we add to them. Today should be a total wake up call, and there should be no repeat. We should be winning them all from here now. A few "should"s in there, though, I suppose.

1987kev
31-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Cause we don't have a natural finisher

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Just unlucky plain and simple. On another day that could have been 4 or 5.

3pm
31-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Too many times for it to be unlucky mate.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Makes you wonder if we'll beat Arbroath next week.

Lee Marvin
31-01-2015, 04:29 PM

6 out of 12/13 isn't unlucky

livi hibs 1875
31-01-2015, 04:30 PM
still confident . still one loss in 20. and still noone to fear in this division but for today:brickwall

Hermit Crab
31-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Makes you wonder if we'll be able to beat Arbroath next week.

My_Wife_Camille
31-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Correct this why were staying n this division and how late late goals have we given up ?

Late goals against Hearts, Raith and Falkirk. Not to mention losing points from winning positions against Hearts (again), Raith (again), Falkirk (again) and Alloa.

The progress made has been exceptional but it has to continue because at the moment it simply isn't good enough.

RCNG
31-01-2015, 04:32 PM
Too many times for it to be unlucky mate.

Yup. Its bad luck when the team does everything in their power to score. Didn't see that today.

Need Gray back with the captains armband on. Get Craig out. Brings nothing to the team apart from negativity.

Bobo
31-01-2015, 04:33 PM
someone explain just how was that possible:confused:

Having a weak mentality and a less than average goalkeeper!

We've lost far too many points because we are a soft touch and far from being ruthless enough.

Lee Marvin
31-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Having a weak mentality and a less than average goalkeeper!

We've lost far too many points because we are a soft touch and far from being ruthless enough.

I'd put cerny in next week

Ozyhibby
31-01-2015, 04:36 PM

The late goals are surprising as it's only this week we were told we were the fittest team in the league.

bingo70
31-01-2015, 04:37 PM
Annoying not to win but won't make any difference come the end of the season, we'll still finish 3rd regardless.

livi hibs 1875
31-01-2015, 04:38 PM

how match fit is Cerny :tin hat: dont think the goalie can take the blame for missed chances .

bingo70
31-01-2015, 04:38 PM
How many points this season have we dropped from being in a winning position?

Must be bloody hundreds?!

1987kev
31-01-2015, 04:40 PM
Yup. Its bad luck when the team does everything in their power to score. Didn't see that today.

Need Gray back with the captains armband on. Get Craig out. Brings nothing to the team apart from negativity.
It doesn't matter who's got the arm band it's no going make us score goals. Out of interest who would replace him with.

WillowbraeHibby
31-01-2015, 04:41 PM

I did think that Cerny may have been in goal today... However, I think that giving him a run would not be a bad thing. Oxley to me is ok, but does not command his area, and is hesitant to go for balls. This is my personal feeling, I may be wrong in my assessment?

ShadesLongThrow
31-01-2015, 04:42 PM
I thought the main turning point was Robertson going off. Not that he was doing much but replacing him with Handling meant Dylan dropped much further back. Until then Allan and Dylan were running the midfield from the front.

Getting fed up with Oxley not commanding his box though. He appeared to stand and watch at the equaliser.

rcarter1
31-01-2015, 04:51 PM
For me Mr Scott is beginning to show his true colours. I.e he want to play at a higher level, and now we can't win the league he's not really committed to us. Great player, but Id get rid. A number of others are just not good enough, but thats not their fault. In Stubbs I trust however..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-01-2015, 04:52 PM
We has more than enough chances to kill the game and we didn't take them. This is what happens when you don't take your chances, unfortunately for us, Raith did.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 04:55 PM
For me Mr Scott is beginning to show his true colours. I.e he want to play at a higher level, and now we can't win the league he's not really committed to us. Great player, but Id get rid. A number of others are just not good enough, but thats not their fault. In Stubbs I trust however..

Who is Mr Scott? If you're talking about Allan he was man of the match by the length of Easter Road.

RCNG
31-01-2015, 04:56 PM
It doesn't matter who's got the arm band it's no going make us score goals. Out of interest who would replace him with.

Malonga when he's back and go 2 up front. Or Forster and go 3 at the back with wing backs to accompany. There are many different options we could play that wouldn't miss Craig.

It does matter who's got the armband btw. You need someone who fires the team up and gets that urgency that a certain team at the top of the league seem to have. Craig worries about his own game too much to have the burden of captaincy on him too.

Gerard
31-01-2015, 04:57 PM
We has more than enough chances to kill the game and we didn't take them. This is what happens when you don't take your chances, unfortunately for us, Raith did.

That is what makes a team a winning team. The team that takes its chances and has the desire to win. Getting promotion is a very important objective this year. I think that with AS being the Head Coach we have a good chance of it happening.

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Could see the equaliser coming, should have won at a canter. Poor finishing, Cummings was poor, needed Malonga. 2 points thrown away, have to agree Robertson should have stayed on, good to see Boyle score tho and would rather have seen Stanton over Handling.

Brightside
31-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Could see the equaliser coming, should have won at a canter. Poor finishing, Cummings was poor, needed Malonga. 2 points thrown away, have to agree Robertson should have stayed on, good to see Boyle score tho and would rather have seen Stanton over Handling.

Robertson was injured. Our midfield were very slow today.

hibbymick
31-01-2015, 04:58 PM
I thought bad decision making by the forwards cost us today, Boyle and Cummings were both guilty of being selfish in the box when there were players in better positions to score. Scott Allan not being quick and direct enough later in the game was doing my head in. On another note,,,,, not sure from where I was sitting but did Hanlon get outrun from Nade at one point in the 2nd half ?

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Robertson was injured. Our midfield were very slow today.

Ahh didn't notice that

madhatter
31-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Lets be honest better finishing from Craig and Boyle and we win 5-1 at least.

I think the biggest problem in these games are teams disrupting our rhythm and even Oxley doing the same. When teams slow the game down, we struggle to get going again. First 5mins of second half we were good and finally scored, then as could be seen, Raith goallie didn't rush kicks, still took his time.

Oxley did same and it could be seen that we were all over the place with rhythm completely gone. We still had chances but finishing was terrible.

Think people get carried away though, heard one person in West shouting "F*** off Petrie, same to you Farmer" while leaving after Nade scored. I could perhaps understand this if we were getting outplayed for 90mins but we were not bad and should have won. Either way though, what does Petrie or Farmer have to do with bad finishing from Craig and Boyle?

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Booing at half time was a joke too

rcarter1
31-01-2015, 05:03 PM
Who is Mr Scott? If you're talking about Allan he was man of the match by the length of Easter Road.

I'll never get that the right way round.. But Scott Allan is one of these players who I suspect is not really committed to Hibs. Im happy to be shot down in flames, but as good a player as he is (probably our best player), I just feel this whole mucking around to no avail in the Championship lark is boring him. I don't believe in having uncommitted players at the club, it just breeds apathy. Anyway as I said on my earlier post, I trust Allan Stubbs is more than capable of making the right decision regarding him.

Malthibby
31-01-2015, 05:05 PM
I generallly support Craig but he was very poor today & again looked to have little confidence. Failing to score when clean through on a great Allan pass cost us two points.
Despite the pass Allan was also poor, frequent bad decision making & almost looked as he was more cncerned with beating players close to him than spreading the ball to
areas we could do more damage in.
Too many missed chances & losing a goal to Nade in the ninetieth minute is just perverse.
No point being the classier team with the classier players if we blow it like that.

tamig
31-01-2015, 05:06 PM

Craig is still not doing enough on the ball for us. He is a passenger every week and as soon as AS finds a way around picking him the better.

Scott Allan looked disinterested today. He's had better games and will hopefully continue his recent form going forward. Was still one of better players today, though.

Great goal but need to keep that kind of pressure up from start to finish. Something we just haven't done this season.

Opinions eh? I thought Scott Allan was back to his best after a few below par performances and would have merited MOTM.

hibbymick
31-01-2015, 05:06 PM

Was that not aimed at the ref for a foul we shouldve had on the edge of the box just seconds before he blew for half time?

Ozyhibby
31-01-2015, 05:07 PM
I'll never get that the right way round.. But Scott Allan is one of these players who I suspect is not really committed to Hibs. Im happy to be shot down in flames, but as good a player as he is (probably our best player), I just feel this whole mucking around to no avail in the Championship lark is boring him. I don't believe in having uncommitted players at the club, it just breeds apathy. Anyway as I said on my earlier post, I trust Allan Stubbs is more than capable of making the right decision regarding him.

I doubt it has anything to do with where we are. It's just the his character. It's why he's here.

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Might have been :-) if so fair enuf.

madhatter
31-01-2015, 05:08 PM
Mistake was made in 86-87 minute when we had a corner. At a certain point in the game, we just need to take a short corner and hold the ball in there to waste time. Not what I want to see but I'd rather win at that stage and leapfrog Rangers.

Winning 1-0 is better than 1-1 if, like today, the expected garbage occurs.

bigwheel
31-01-2015, 05:09 PM

I respect people have differing opinions...I simply can't get where you can possibly conclude that Scott Allan was mucking around or is any way not committed.....that is beyond me

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Opinions eh? I thought Scott Allan was back to his best after a few below par performances and would have merited MOTM.

He strolled through the game, he is class. Problem is when he gets in final third he looks for the killer pass, too often it comes to nothing.

Joy to watch tho.

keep the faith
31-01-2015, 05:17 PM

What??!! Allan was outstanding today. Totally owned the game.
If the strikers took their chances we would be raving about Allan today.

QMU-1875
31-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Go have a lie down, your posts in this thread have been ridiculous. Scott Allan was the best player on the park by a mile.

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:22 PM
Liam Craig is always the scape goat, what exactly did he do wrong today, missed a scoring opportunity? how many other players should have scored today and never, just Liam Craig? Dylan McGeouch should never have been subbed, he was all over the pitch winning back possession and driving the team forward, while Scott Allan strolled around. We lost the goal by conceding possession on the left hand side that's where McGeouch was covering with Stevenson. I also thought Watson should have been pushing right up into their half of the pitch especially in the early part of the second half, but he rarely pushed over the half way line, this slowed the possession down instead of stretching them. Their goal was joke defending two at the back post unmarked and a keeper ball watching.

madhatter
31-01-2015, 05:24 PM
What??!! Allan was outstanding today. Totally owned the game.
If the strikers took their chances we would be raving about Allan today.

I agree about Allan but Fontaine still deserved MOTM today. The thing that annoys me about Allan and McGeouch to some extent is that they either try to do too much or constantly attempt killer balls. It's difficult as it's obviously nice seeing this but I remember on more than one occasion today both of them taking on 1-2 men when Stevenson or Watson had 10 yards space on the wing.

It may be a case of them finding it too easy but ultimately players are judged on club's results and we've had some poor results whilst they've played.

All in all, I still think we are going in right direction and if you look at our stats in most games, we're a dominant force, we just need to make everything count.

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Go have a lie down, your posts in this thread have been ridiculous. Scott Allan was the best player on the park by a mile.

Agree 100% wish he had a shot on him tho

Dobosz83
31-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Amazing to walk away from Easter Road today without a win. Cummings, hit the post, Boyle hit the bar from 2 yards, Craig missed 2 headers from about 6 yards, Boyle had to low drives saved when he should have done better, Cummings should have netted at 1-0. An incredible number of squandered opportunities. It's happened all too often this season.

Craig was abysmal today. I counted at least 6 occasions where he was responsible for giving the ball away in the final third when we were applying pressure. He broke up our attacks through sloppiness. He always chose the easy option when on the ball, there was a run Stevenson made where it was begging to be dinked down the line over the the top. He seen it, then played a square ball 6 yards to Allen instead.

On the subject of Allen. I thought he was excellent today, however, he is guilty of overplaying it and not releasing the ball early enough. Same with McGeouch. Pass and move lads. At times they both appear to want to take the ball a walk, fair enough, if we are 3 up and coasting. Not 1-0. McGeouch playing the defensive midfield role was hard to watch, Robertson was missed purely because Dylan was dropped back to replace him there.

Djedje, seemed to hog the touch line when he came on, Boyle then went wide left and Handling went through the middle, It was bizarre at that stage of the game. We appeared to completely lose shape.

Just some observations from today. I was deeply disappointed with our finishing. I just hope Farid and Malonga strike up a good understanding in the near future and we start putting teams to bed. You really had to see it today, to believe it.

tamig
31-01-2015, 05:33 PM
He strolled through the game, he is class. Problem is when he gets in final third he looks for the killer pass, too often it comes to nothing.

Joy to watch tho.

And he found that killer pass a few times today. Just a pity the finishing wasn't up to standard. He's way ahead of any other player in this league. How many times did he take the ball under pressure today? In the blink of an eye he's all alone and in space. Magic.

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Amazing to walk away from Easter Road today without a win. Cummings, hit the post, Boyle hit the bar from 2 yards, Craig missed 2 headers from about 6 yards, Boyle had to low drives saved when he should have done better, Cummings should have netted at 1-0. An incredible number of squandered opportunities. It's happened all too often this season.

Craig was abysmal today. I counted at least 6 occasions where he was responsible for giving the ball away in the final third when we were applying pressure. He broke up our attacks through sloppiness. He always chose the easy option when on the ball, there was a run Stevenson made where it was begging to be dinked down the line over the the top. He seen it, then played a square ball 6 yards to Allen instead.

On the subject of Allen. I thought he was excellent today, however, he is guilty of overplaying it and not releasing the ball early enough. Same with McGeouch. Pass and move lads. At times they both appear to want to take the ball a walk, fair enough, if we are 3 up and coasting. Not 1-0. McGeouch playing the defensive midfield role was hard to watch, Robertson was missed purely because Dylan was dropped back to replace him there.

Djedje, seemed to hog the touch line when he came on, Boyle then went wide left and Handling went through the middle, It was bizarre at that stage of the game. We appeared to completely lose shape.

Just some observations from today. I was deeply disappointes with out finishing. I just hope Farid and Malonga strike up a good understanding in the near future and we start putting teams to bed. You really had to see it today, to believe it.

How many times did Scott Allan give the ball away?

Smartie
31-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Liam Craig is always the scape goat, what exactly did he do wrong today, missed a scoring opportunity? how many other players should have scored today and never, just Liam Craig? Dylan McGeouch should never have been subbed, he was all over the pitch winning back possession and driving the team forward, while Scott Allan strolled around. We lost the goal by conceding possession on the left hand side that's where McGeouch was covering with Stevenson. I also thought Watson should have been pushing right up into their half of the pitch especially in the early part of the second half, but he rarely pushed over the half way line, this slowed the possession down instead of stretching them. Their goal was joke defending two at the back post unmarked and a keeper ball watching.

I like Liam Craig and have defended him in the past. I think he has been superb over the past few months and has become a very important part of the way we play but I thought he was poor today. I recall him missing several chances, giving away possession, missing tackles and I thought he looked slow and lethargic once or twice when was played in, not to mention struggling to get a few crosses away. When Robertson and McGeoch went off we really needed him to step up but it didn't happen.

Allan was immense in places but he was strolling at times and made some very poor decisions later in the game (especially one time when he held onto the ball way too long instead of playing Handling in).

I thought Watson generally did well but looked knackered towards the end. I don't know how much football he's played recently so he may not have the energy levels yet that we're used to seeing from the likes of Gray.

I agree that their goal was awful, I must admit that any header in the 6 yard box has me looking at the keeper but I'd need to see it again.

hibs0666
31-01-2015, 05:35 PM
Makes you wonder if we'll beat Arbroath next week.

only if you're a bottle merchant.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 05:36 PM
For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.

Smartie
31-01-2015, 05:38 PM

He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

We know he's an immensely talented player, but the very best players in the world have to know when to do something fancy and difficult and when to keep it simple.

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:39 PM
For anyone to even half consider apportioning any blame on Scott Allan for us dropping 2 points today is beyond ridiculous.

Hahaha were did I say that?

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Hahaha were did I say that?

Sorry mate, I quoted your post by mistake! Sorted now :wink:

rcarter1
31-01-2015, 05:40 PM
I respect people have differing opinions...I simply can't get where you can possibly conclude that Scott Allan was mucking around or is any way not committed.....that is beyond me

To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's an individual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:41 PM
He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

We know he's an immensely talented player, but the very best players in the world have to know when to do something fancy and difficult and when to keep it simple.

Funny you counted 6 by Craig, I would bet Allan was similar, just getting sick of the anti Craig posts when I don't think he has played badly.

Smartie
31-01-2015, 05:42 PM

He was absolutely superb and a joy to watch at times.

But he was part of a midfield that fell out the game, he still made some poor decisions and will become a better player id he acknowledges this, learns from it and takes responsibility.

I'm not really into "blame" but if it is to be apportioned he must be apportioned a small amount but not none.

Dobosz83

I don't believe at any point did Allen give the ball away or break down a Hibs, occasionally he overplayed a through ball or pass wide but it did not gift a Rovers player possession. Allen was the best player on the park.

I appreciate your post is a wide one though in defence of Liam Craig so if you'd like to give me some positives from
his performances today I'm all ears.

madhatter

Why does it have to be any 1 player's fault. It's the team, who are collectively at fault.

We as fans were a bit stupid as well if I'm honest, in last 5 minutes, we had chances to take it into the corner or simply play out time but instead we stretched the game and gave them space when we lost the ball. Why I said, us as fans here, is that collectively, we scream them forward in last 5 minutes even though we just need to see out the game.

No direct blame to anyone. We just need to see out games. Simples!

marleyhib
31-01-2015, 05:44 PM
And he found that killer pass a few times today. Just a pity the finishing wasn't up to standard. He's way ahead of any other player in this league. How many times did he take the ball under pressure today? In the blink of an eye he's all alone and in space. Magic.

He is indeed.

hibbymick
31-01-2015, 05:44 PM

spot on :agree:

Nomeancity
31-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Lets be honest better finishing from Craig and Boyle and we win 5-1 at least.

I think the biggest problem in these games are teams disrupting our rhythm and even Oxley doing the same. When teams slow the game down, we struggle to get going again. First 5mins of second half we were good and finally scored, then as could be seen, Raith goallie didn't rush kicks, still took his time.

Oxley did same and it could be seen that we were all over the place with rhythm completely gone. We still had chances but finishing was terrible.

Think people get carried away though, heard one person in West shouting "F*** off Petrie, same to you Farmer" while leaving after Nade scored. I could perhaps understand this if we were getting outplayed for 90mins but we were not bad and should have won. Either way though, what does Petrie or Farmer have to do with bad finishing from Craig and Boyle?

Totally agree with the oxley bit. We are much better when we play at pace. I don't mind keeping possession and passing across the back ( they can't score if they don't have the ball). But oxley taking forever with bye kicks just takes the pace out of the game. I also think it says to the opposition that there is still a chance if you can get the ball - whereas seeing the opposition passing it across the back must be so frustrating for the losing team.

hibby6270
31-01-2015, 05:46 PM
These 6 home draws this season will cost us come end of the season.

Agreed!! :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Why does it have to be any 1 player's fault. It's the team, who are collectively at fault.

We as fans were a bit stupid as well if I'm honest, in last 5 minutes, we had chances to take it into the corner or simply play out time but instead we stretched the game and gave them space when we lost the ball. Why I said, us as fans here, is that collectively, we scream them forward in last 5 minutes even though we just need to see out the game.

No direct blame to anyone. We just need to see out games. Simples!

Well you could probably apportion blame to both Oxley and whoever was marking Nade for the goal. But the real problem lies with having all these shots and only scoring 1.

Smartie
31-01-2015, 05:47 PM
Funny you counted 6 by Craig, I would bet Allan was similar, just getting sick of the anti Craig posts when I don't think he has played badly.

It wasn't me who counted the 6.

Trust me - I too am sick of the pointless, relentless anti-Craig posts. I hate the difference in reaction to his mistakes at ER to the reaction when other players make mistakes. I genuinely think Craig has been superb of late, I like him and rate him as a player.

I thought he was very poor today, way below the standards he has set for himself of late. If you think he was good today and want to defend that performance fair enough, that's your opinion. I'll be around to back you up in weeks to come when I think he has performed to a better standard than today, yet still comes in for abuse.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2015, 05:52 PM
I don't believe at any point did Allen give the ball away or break down a Hibs, occasionally he overplayed a through ball or pass wide but it did not gift a Rovers player possession. Allen was the best player on the park.

I appreciate your post is a wide one though in defence of Liam Craig so if you'd like to give me some positives from

C'mon P, Craig had a poor 1st half but did come into the game just as Allan dropped off.

These types of games that we need "the best player in the league by a mile" to be pulling something out the bag, not dropping out if it cos he thinks he's done enough.

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:53 PM

Did you think Liam Craig was that bad today, really? He probably should have scored but at least he got into the positions to do so, compared to last season he has improved considerably. As someone posted earlier it's a team game and everyone wants to pick out one player for blame. We should have won at a canter, like every game this season it's the missed chances that have cost us.

Dobosz83
31-01-2015, 05:54 PM

Trust me - I too am sick of the pointless, relentless anti-Craig posts. I hate the difference in reaction to his mistakes at ER to the reaction when other players make mistakes. I genuinely think Craig has been superb of late, I like him and rate him as a player.

I thought he was very poor today, way below the standards he has set for himself of late. If you think he was good today and want to defend that performance fair enough, that's your opinion. I'll be around to back you up in weeks to come when I think he has performed to a better standard than today, yet still comes in for abuse.

Yeah, it was me who counted the 6 and that's when I decided to stop. My original post was my observations from today, not the past few weeks or months. Sorry if that has upset fans of Liam Craig, I don't believe I've ever slated him on here.

hibby6270
31-01-2015, 05:56 PM
how match fit is Cerny :tin hat: dont think the goalie can take the blame for missed chances .

You're right. He can't be blamed for the missed chances - BUT - in the Falkirk game and today's game he made no attempt to come for the ball at the crosses that led to all 4 goals against us in these games.

4 goals conceded when we are in commanding position and 4 points lost as a result.

If I was being super critical, his attempt to save the Jambos equaliser at ER was possibly a bit suspect as well.

Most games he has very little to do. Don't know if it's lack if concentration or what but he is big enough and ugly enough to command his box in these situations and he just doesn't!!

Dobosz83
31-01-2015, 05:57 PM
Did you think Liam Craig was that bad today, really? He probably should have scored but at least he got into the positions to do so, compared to last season he has improved considerably. As someone posted earlier it's a team game and everyone wants to pick out one player for blame. We should have won at a canter, like every game this season it's the missed chances that have cost us.

I thought he was dreadful and you asked for a direct comparison to his performance against Allen's today, there was no comparison.

All season we've squandered chances despite various players getting into good positions. I just posted that I don't have an anti Liam Craig agenda, I just thought he was the worst player on the park for us today.

Nomeancity
31-01-2015, 05:58 PM

My seat is beside 3 old codgers who have a love in with Danny handling and the opposite for Liam Craig. They're ok with it they don't shout dogs abuse at him but it's obvious they don't like him. Anyway I don't think they have a good eye amongst them and every game without fail they mix up Craig with handling. If either of them does something wrong it's 'aargh c'mon Craig your useless' - even if it was handling. If either of them does something good it's 'well done Danny' - even if it's Craig. It's hilarious - but my point is that some fans will just no see the good that some players do - they only see the bad.

gaz1875

Apologies on my error, must have mixed the posts up lol

Borderhibbie76
To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's anindividual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.

Think u should go to bed mate...your talking complete lilian gish to be fair

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 05:59 PM
My seat is beside 3 old codgers who have a love in with Danny handling and the opposite for Liam Craig. They're ok with it they don't shout dogs abuse at him but it's obvious they don't like him. Anyway I don't think they have a good eye amongst them and every game without fail they mix up Craig with handling. If either of them does something wrong it's 'aargh c'mon Craig your useless' - even if it was handling. If either of them does something good it's 'well done Danny' - even if it's Craig. It's hilarious - but my point is that some fans will just no see the good that some players do - they only see the bad.

FFU by any chance, they sound familiar :greengrin

Smartie
31-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Apologies on my error, must have mixed the posts up lol

One of us is going to have to get a new avatar.

Easy mistake to make.

Nomeancity
31-01-2015, 06:12 PM
FFU by any chance, they sound familiar :greengrin

correct! Are you one of them or just sit near them.

Deansy
31-01-2015, 06:12 PM

Sorry but I disagree - we are in dire need of a Captain who'll constantly drive the entire team on. Ok, it's highly unlikely we'll ever have another Pat Stanton, but we definitely need someone who'll encourage them to 'get that winning-goal' when we're 1-0 up, a player who can be heard at all times cajoling, urging, prompting the team - Liam Craig (fluctuating performances aside) , for me, is too quiet !.

Persobally, I'd make Lewis the Captain - he's Hibs through and through, and I think the Captain's arm-band would bring the best out in him !

Nomeancity
31-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Sorry but I disagree - we are in dire need of a Captain who'll constantly drive the entire team on. Ok, it's highly unlikely we'll ever have another Pat Stanton, but we definitely need someone who'll encourage them to 'get that winning-goal' when we're 1-0 up, a player who can be heard at all times cajoling, urging, prompting the team - Liam Craig (fluctuating performances aside) , for me, is too quiet !.

Persobally, I'd make Lewis the Captain - he's Hibs through and through, and I think the Captain's arm-band would bring the best out in him !

So let's think about this. Stubbs is generally considered to be a good manager by most on here - but he doesn't have the ability to do something as basic as pick a captain? Please explain.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2015, 06:20 PM
I've come to the conclusion that we're cursed.

It's the only way to explain how we didn't win that by at least 4 or 5 goals today and the same goes for other matches throughout the season where we've only picked up one point.

I'm still hopeful that we can finish second but, to be honest, results like today's are making me feel a lot less confident.

We've had far too many draws at home against the better teams in this division.

Our home record so far against Hearts, Sevco, Queen of the South, Falkirk and Raith Rovers is;

P-7
W-1
D-5
L-1
F-10
A-7

We have failed to beat Falkirk, Queen of the South and Raith Rovers at Easter Road in five attempts this season. We also drew against Dumbarton in the one match we've played against them at home so far. The annoying thing is that in a lot of these games, we were actually winning. 1-0 today until stoppage time, 1-0 against Hearts until stoppage time, 3-1 against Falkirk, 1-0 against Raith Rovers the last time they were at Easter Road.

Although there's a lot of improvements being made at the club, I don't think it's wrong to point out the negatives and what I've explained above is not good enough unfortunately and will possibly cost us second place and mean that we need to play an extra two play off matches.

AlbertK86
31-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Correct some absolutely unbelievable reverse passes and several other passes that Cummings and Boyle did not read at all.

He is miles ahead of everyone on the pitch bar McGeogh

Could see him getting frustrated at the forwards not making the correct moves into space

He has has a few stray passes in recent weeks but can't recall any today

We should have been at least 4 up by half time

Craig and Boyle should have had hat tricks today and Cummings a brace. Craig's two headers were glaring misses and Cummings should have leathered it with his right foot when clean thro on the left but stabbed at it with his right

Thought we played great football first half but just couldn't score

After Robbo went off we didn't dominate as much and although I like Handling I felt he was poor when he came on today

Still think we will go up and the return of Malonga and his excellent hold up play and scoring record will kick us on again

Big Farid will give us another option as well

Would like to see us go 3-5-2 with Robbo sitting. Think it would give Allan and Mcgeogh more freedom to drive forward and control the game

Also think Forster's presence and ability in the air will help us at the back and in attack at set pieces

One good thing is today should hopefully knock the complacency out them before next weeks cup tie

emerald green
31-01-2015, 06:22 PM
The more and more sitters Hibs missed, and the longer the score stayed at 1-0, there cannot be many Hibs supporters who were surprised to see them chuck it all away right at the death by simply not being able to defend a set play. To rub salt into the would it has to be Nade who scores. Again, no surprise.

I would need to see Raith's goal again, but it looked like nobody picked up Nade in the box, there was nobody on the post, and Oxley didn't seem to come for the ball. To defend a corner at the end of a match as poorly as that was ridiculous. That's why Hibs didn't win.

Match stats:
Possession 65/35
Shots 25/6
On target 12/3
Corners 9/3

Hedlund12
31-01-2015, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Smartie;4289039]He rarely gave it away but there were many occasions when he could have released it earlier to better effect or chosen a different pass at a better time.

100% agree with this and tin hat on here as I know this will annoy a few... but whilst I agree that Allen is a quality player on his day, IMO he has a hint of the "Billy big baws" persona about him... another poster said he seems a bit disinterested and I get this. ..

gaz1875
31-01-2015, 06:25 PM
correct! Are you one of them or just sit near them.

Sit near them...:rolleyes: the other week they were picking on Cummings, after beating two players and firing a cross into the 6 yard box they shouted "that's rubbish get him off", I asked what he done wrong apart from no one getting on the end off his cross but they never answered. It's the Danny love in that gets me though, he never does anything worthy of the slightest criticism :confused: not that I want to here players criticized!!

Alfred E Newman
31-01-2015, 06:25 PM

Utter nonsense.

AlbertK86
31-01-2015, 06:31 PM
You're right. He can't be blamed for the missed chances - BUT - in the Falkirk game and today's game he made no attempt to come for the ball at the crosses that led to all 4 goals against us in these games. 4 goals conceded when we are in commanding position and 4 points lost as a result. If I was being super critical, his attempt to save the Jambos equaliser at ER was possibly a bit suspect as well. Most games he has very little to do. Don't know if it's lack if concentration or what but he is big enough and ugly enough to command his box in these situations and he just doesn't!!

Get a grip.

It was ridiculously bad defending for all three Falkirk goals and weak challenging of Nade again by the defence today

rcarter1
31-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Utter nonsense.

Your opinion fair enough, but he's a player that in my opinion will be gone sooner rather than later.

eastcoasthibby
31-01-2015, 06:43 PM
for me a few things wrong today ....
Oxley - not just today but not commanding and doesn't instill me with any real confidence in him ... crossballs woeful...
Back four were fine both Stevenson and Watson got forward ...Watson looked a bit out of touch but hardly surprising.
Midfield - too slow in getting the ball moving a lot of the time, overplaying the passes at times, too often wanting to play world cup passes, wanting to walk the ball into the net ... all of them are culpable of not shooting enough at the edge of the box. I believe we still need a strong ball winning midfielder, Robbo does a good job but is not natural in that role.
Forwards i know Cummings has been scoring goals and that is important, and Boyle scored today, but they contribute not a lot else, you never see them go past a player and are just too lightweight and too similar. We need a presence up there and hopefully Dje Dje will start next week get more game time under his belt.

Attitude we looked lethargic at times in the first half and after we scored, no urgency to score more, it looked like we were happy to play out for a 1-0 win, not pushing on just taking it easy ...
We did not look like we had a plan B or C, because Raith dropped in and defended as we played with very little pace in our game.
Handling substitution was not the right one, with dropping Dylan into the Robbo role we needed Stanton on who has the ability to take the ball at feet and go at players be direct, Handling hasn't got that about his game, he seems to want to be another Scott Allan and with world cup passes, to easily brushed off the ball as well.

I suppose the bottom line was that you cannot afford to miss all of those chances in a game and not expect a team like them not to create 1-2 chances ...we paid the price for not being clinical enough and I believe some of that is about attitude and desire ... we need Malonga back, El Alagui back and Dje Dje in to see what he can give us ....... but end of the day another 2 points dropped disappointing ...some players really need to get and remain switched on for the whole game or this type of result will continue to appear...

thebakerboy
31-01-2015, 07:35 PM

That's easy AS seems to like 3 5 2 so Foster in at the back and Craig out , and When Gray back he has the arm band. Got to say Watson looks more of a defender so could also help with 3 at the back.

bigwheel
31-01-2015, 07:38 PM
To be fair, it is Hibs as a team who I was referring to as currently mucking around in the Championship. If we had been in Hearts position, I suspect Scott Allan would be looking forward the SPL, and would be committed to us as a club driving forward. As it is, the clubs performances overall in this league have been underwhelming, and I just reckon that if we are still here next season, that Scott would be delighted for a move to a better league. Its not really a criticism of Scott, as he's an individual looking to play out his career as best as he can. The sum of all this however is that I get the impression that he isn't particularly committed to us. For all I know, there may be many others at the club who look for an exit should we be in the Championship next season.

Your amateur psychologist skills are letting you down....you are Indeed criticising Scott Allan by the way....you are questioning his application and commitment....you are also wrong on both points

Ronniekirk
31-01-2015, 07:47 PM
The late goals are surprising as it's only this week we were told we were the fittest team in the league.

Dont think it's down to fitness , (although Nade seemed to get the better of players in the least 10 minutes )
Raith pushed further up squeezed the midfield and we start to lose our shape and start panicking and just clearing the ball back to thier players Craig I agree does nothing as captain to sort it out .

Robertson going off and Danny coming on didn't help imo

Steve-O
31-01-2015, 08:00 PM
We haven't had a great true leader in the team for quite a while. Nobody is the real lynchpin of that team IMO.

Bearders
31-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Dont think it's down to fitness , (although Nade seemed to get the better of players in the least 10 minutes )

Nade got the better of Hanlon, not for the first time, and yet again we see us losing a very weak goal in the 90+ minute. We can't always score 2/3/4 goals to ensure we win games but we should be looking to close out a game 1-0 with minutes to go..........in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football.

The negative comments about Scott A astonish me. The man is a joy to watch and glides across the park, it's what class midfielders do. I was told at the start of the season (by an ex coach of his) that if his attitude was correct we had bought ourselves a potential top performer. The gaffer and his coaching team have done a marvellous job in getting him to "knuckle down and play the game". I will certainly enjoy watching him while he's with us.

emerald green
31-01-2015, 08:24 PM
The negative comments about Scott A astonish me. The man is a joy to watch and glides across the park, it's what class midfielders do. I was told at the start of the season (by an ex coach of his) that if his attitude was correct we had bought ourselves a potential top performer. The gaffer and his coaching team have done a marvellous job in getting him to "knuckle down and play the game". I will certainly enjoy watching him while he's with us.

:agree: He's soon going to get fed up laying chances on a plate for his team mates and watching in disbelief as they squander easy chance after chance.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-01-2015, 08:30 PM

I cannae take any more captain...

JimBHibees
31-01-2015, 08:37 PM

Totally agree thought Scott Allan was terrific today you do get the impression some fans watch the game with their eyes closed.

The Green Goblin
31-01-2015, 08:47 PM

They were booing the ref cos he ignored a clear pen for us

The Green Goblin
31-01-2015, 08:48 PM

You'd "get rid" of a "great player"? (Your quotes!)

keep the faith
31-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Totally agree thought Scott Allan was terrific today you do get the impression some fans watch the game with their eyes closed.

I know. Guy next to me Today says Allan needs to stop showing off!! Jeez! He is the best talent we have seen since Franck and Russell and after the fenlon dull football years and Butcher no football year I simply love watch Allan "showing off" I would give him a five year deal right now.

The thing is he isn't showing off at all - he is just thinking bigger. A few times today he held off making the pass everyone wanted to make an ever more effective later pass.

I know it's only a couple of people on this thread, but let's please not complain about someone trying to play football eh? It's about time we had someone like Scott Allan.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 09:14 PM
I know. Guy next to me Today says Allan needs to stop showing off!! Jeez! He is the best talent we have seen since Franck and Russell and after the fenlon dull football years and Butcher no football year I simply love watch Allan "showing off" I would give him a five year deal right now.

The thing is he isn't showing off at all - he is just thinking bigger. A few times today he held off making the pass everyone wanted to make an ever more effective later pass.

I know it's only a couple of people on this thread, but let's please not complain about someone trying to play football eh? It's about time we had someone like Scott Allan.

:top marks

FranckSuzy
31-01-2015, 09:25 PM
That is what makes a team a winning team. The team that takes its chances and has the desire to win. Getting promotion is a very important objective this year. I think that with AS being the Head Coach we have a good chance of it happening.

I would counter that it's the ONLY objective...

silverhibee
31-01-2015, 09:27 PM
The Hibernian Way.

:agree:

And that worries me when we get to the play off's, today was a massive game mentally for the players, get the win and we go above The Rangers and that puts the pressure on them with us playing them soon, yes they have game in hands but they need to win them, we should have been looking down on them in the league at 5 o'clock today, but we blew it again, is that mental block still there, Raith Rovers have hardly been doing good lately and we should have took the 3 points of them, simple as that, but as usual the Hibs way kicks in and we lose a goal in the last minute.

Home form has been okay but to many draws have been our downfall so far this season.

silverhibee
31-01-2015, 09:29 PM
No it isn't.

Oh yes it is.

silverhibee
31-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Annoying not to win but won't make any difference come the end of the season, we'll still finish 3rd regardless.

QOTS are still there.

California-Hibs
31-01-2015, 09:57 PM

I've read some utterly embarrassing things on here at times, but I think that tops the lot.

Hermit Crab
31-01-2015, 10:02 PM
I've read some utterly embarrassing things on here at times, but I think that tops the lot.

Has to be a wind up!

wookie70
31-01-2015, 10:13 PM
I thought we played pretty well today although at times we could have moved it quicker. I thought Scott A was the MOTM and his decision making was better than of late. He hardly gave the ball away in the whole game and created quite a few good chances. Liam Craig started the game very poorly giving the ball away a good few times but I thought he got better as the half went on and was fine in the second half. Robertson going off was the big change for me. Danny offered nothing and we got the double whammy of Dylan dropping deeper. I would have put Stanton on as he has the ability to drive past players.

Our finishing and positioning up front was very poor today. Their keeper spilled a couple of time and no poacher to prod it home. I thought some of the crossing from open and set plays was excellent today but we never got on the end of anything.

I love watching attacking positive football but we have seen quite a bit of that lately and the last 5 mins of today should have seen us play keep ball. Given what has happened in the last few minutes of games at ER this year surely Stubbs would have got the message to play safe and keep the ball.

On any other day we could have scored 4 or 5 but we have done this so much this year that it can't be down to luck. Stubbs say we are the fittest team in the league but it didn't show today. Our tempo was much too slow and if we had raised it I think we would have won easily.

rcarter1
31-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Has to be a wind up!

Not a wind up, just feel this season hasn't turned out the way Scott Allan would have hoped for. In his words he said a few weeks back that Hibs had to believe that they were still capable of winning the league, or whats the point. I would say the point is that you go to win every game you play even if your first objective hasn't been met. And you do this out of respect for your team mates and the club as a whole as much as for yourself. Anyway, if I am dead wrong, and SA is happy and playing for us next season, Ill be delighted - and willing to eat my words, as he is exceptionally gifted and great to watch.

Paisley Hibby
31-01-2015, 10:26 PM

You're joking, right? Scott Allan had a great game today, absolute stand out.

Deansy
01-02-2015, 01:47 AM
So let's think about this. Stubbs is generally considered to be a good manager by most on here - but he doesn't have the ability to do something as basic as pick a captain? Please explain.

I've thought about it but can't see where I question AS's ability to pick the Captain - like most on here I too, think AS is definitely going to be a great manager for us. What I did do was post my opinion that I feel Liam Craig is too quiet for the job. I should have added (but forgot to) that maybe if he didn't have that responsibility, it might help him perform for us as consistently as he did for St.Johnstone ?. I like Liam, when he's on form he's one of our best players, but he's too inconsistent. Definitely improved on last season's form but still blows hot/cold.

I just feel we've had too many of these games this season when we've been well on top of the opposition but just unable to 'get over that finishing-line'. A more vociferous, determined Captain might just do that.

The_Horde
01-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Terry Butcher came in and changed br captain. Terry Butcher turned out to be a clueless ****.

Managers just cant go around changing captains esrpcislly when the guy has a good chance of playing most weeks. Good management by stubbs but hopefully when we go up Craig is replaced with some quality and Gray can captain for the next 5/6 years.

Ronniekirk
01-02-2015, 07:06 AM
I cannae take any more captain...
Clingon on the Sarboard side ,warp Factor 3 ,Captain Kirk :wink:

bingo70
01-02-2015, 07:17 AM
QOTS are still there.

I know and I still think we'll finish above them, despite yesterday's draw.

Alfred E Newman
01-02-2015, 09:16 AM
You're joking, right? Scott Allan had a great game today, absolute stand out.

Allan created enough chances yesterday to win half a dozen games. I think he was getting frustrated at the failure to convert these chances but as far as some of the comments on here you have to wonder how many posters actually set foot in Easter Road.

GreenCastle
01-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Will keep this simple -

missed chances - how many do you need ?

Poor subs - We played with 10 players when Handling came on. I just don't see what he offers? Taking Dylan off for a inexperienced youngster.

Leadership and focus - All you have to do is kill the clock or at least double up on Nade.

We have improved significantly and it's such a difference seeing players like Allan make passes like he did yesterday - but we need still to be mentally tougher throughout the club if we want to go to the next level.

J-C
01-02-2015, 09:44 AM

Don't think fitness is the problem with late goals, more concentration or lack of it, we seem to think all is well and going through the motions in the last minutes is enough.

GreenCastle
01-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Mental fitness and physical fitness..

Pete
01-02-2015, 10:00 AM
Just how?

Just gonnae no!

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2015, 10:04 AM
The answer to the original question is **** knows.

I cant believe criticism of Scott Allan, the guy was outstanding .... the only failing I would say he has is that he doesn't shoot enough when he gets to the edge of the box. I would also agree that Stanton should have come on instead of Handing, Sam has more energy and gets into the game fairly quickly, whereas Danny needs time to play his way into it.

It is extremely frustrating that we are failing to get the results we deserve, because this Hibs team is better to watch than most of the dross have had to endure for quite a few years.

This takes me back to 2007 a we bit, when the best Hibs team we have had in the last 30 odd years couldn't get past a 1st division team in 2 matches and blew the best chance we have had since the early 70s to get a team into the Scottish cup final who had a realistic chance of actually winning the bloody thing.

Hibs eh!

Pete
01-02-2015, 10:09 AM
The answer to the original question is **** knows.

I cant believe criticism of Scott Allan, the guy was outstanding .... the only failing I would say he has is that he doesn't shoot enough when he gets to the edge of the box. I would also agree that Stanton should have come on instead of Handing, Sam has more energy and gets into the game fairly quickly, whereas Danny needs time to play his way into it.

It is extremely frustrating that we are failing to get the results we deserve, because this Hibs team is better to watch than most of the dross have had to endure for quite a few years.

This takes me back to 2007 a we bit, when the best Hibs team we have had in the last 30 odd years couldn't get past a 1st division team in 2 matches and blew the best chance we have had since the early 70s to get a team into the Scottish cup final who had a realistic chance of actually winning the bloody thing.

Hibs eh!

I think Dunfermline were a premier league side in 2007.

SaulGoodman
01-02-2015, 10:20 AM

They won the Scottish Cup the year they got relegated.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2015, 10:26 AM

Auld age eh :greengrin

Given how good we were at that time we should have hoovered up a team bound for relegation though.

NAE NOOKIE
01-02-2015, 10:27 AM

Sure they lost the final did they not?

Smartie
01-02-2015, 10:28 AM

Did they not lose in the final?

Was that not the "Jean-Joel Perrier-Doumbe" (or whatever he was called) final?

Feed McGraw
01-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Sure they lost the final did they not? Of course they lost. I`ve got the " Auld age " problem too NN, but I think we`d probably remember the pars winning the scottish cup just a few years ago. :greengrin

Lago
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM
There is a softness about Hibs,not so much physical as mental,where Hibs players seem to doubt their ability to see out a game.
The photo in today's Sunday Mail showing Nade's goal summed it up for me. Both Oxley and Hanlon like rabbits caught in a cars headlights, no challenge at all.

01-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Unfortunatly we never took our chances and as usual far too weak at the back. More silly points dropped.