PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods

theonlywayisup
31-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Sad to see him playing so poorly. I don't think much of him as a person, but as a golfer he was one of the best!

Question - do you ever see him regaining his status as the one to beat? I really don't think so. His swing now has too many 'issues' and his chipping is very poor. Worse than Hunter Mahan's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/31069005

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/80690000/jpg/_80690540_tiger2_reuters.jpg

Godsahibby
01-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Agreed it is horrible to see. He was an absolute legend and mine and no doubts thousands of others hero as a golfer.

PatHead
01-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Must admit was never really a Tiger fan much as I admired his golf. Was too emotionless in the way he handled himself publicly but he did take golf to a new level.

Sylar
01-02-2015, 10:49 AM
I'm quite convinced I could give him a game at the minute and I haven't played in over a year :greengrin

It is sad to see - he was a joy to watch at his height and although I always hope he'll get back there, increasingly, I doubt he will.

Pete
01-02-2015, 10:56 AM
I suppose it's karma for being such a dick away from the course. "Mojo" well and truly gone.

Jack Nicklaus was one of my favourites and if I'm honest I'm glad his record will remain intact. I doubt anyone else will get as near as Tiger to breaking it.

Scottie
01-02-2015, 01:37 PM
He is a terrible role model spitting and cussing his way round the course.

Im glad his fall from grace is as fast and rapid as it has been. Long may it continue.

Godsahibby
01-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I suppose it's karma for being such a dick away from the course. "Mojo" well and truly gone.

Jack Nicklaus was one of my favourites and if I'm honest I'm glad his record will remain intact. I doubt anyone else will get as near as Tiger to breaking it.

I honestly think Mcilroy has a chance he's 25 and has 4 majors to his name already. Woods is 39 with 14 to his name. The way Rory has been playing if he can stay injury free no one can get close to him.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 05:27 PM
He needs to get pumping birds again - he's been pish since he tucked it away.

ACLeith
02-02-2015, 11:30 AM

Im glad his fall from grace is as fast and rapid as it has been. Long may it continue.

Agree HP. His treatment of fans, especially youngsters is pathetic. A significant minority of spectators at Hoylake last year refused to applaud him as he approached greens and tees, I was pleased to see I wasn't in a tiny minority!

He will be remembered as one of the greatest players of the game - but that is all

Golden Bear
05-02-2015, 03:43 PM

:agree:

Couldn't agree more, the Golden Bear's record is second to none.:wink:

Outwith the Majors, then Byron Nelson enjoyed a record-breaking year in 1945 winning 18 of the 35 PGA tournaments including 11 in a row and that's another record which will stand the test of time.

greenlex
06-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Injured again:wink: Woods is finished as a competitor. He has a choice to make whether to retire altogether or become an honourary starter at events.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Injured again:wink: Woods is finished as a competitor. He has a choice to make whether to retire altogether or become an honourary starter at events.

Heard Butch Harman saying a few words about him and his swing, although he did say that he hadn't spoken to him. What happened between these 2

Scottie
06-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Heard Butch Harman saying a few words about him and his swing, although he did say that he hadn't spoken to him. What happened between these 2
Split in 2002 or 03 after Tigers knee surgery claiming Harman was using smoke and mirrors to mask the difficulties Tiger was picking up in his swing as his body started to injure more frequently.

ACLeith
07-02-2015, 11:39 AM
His flat out aggressive swing was never going to stand up to the march of time,though thought he would last longer than he has. But it's also his technique in parts if his game that seems to gave gone as well which is really surprising.

theonlywayisup
06-04-2015, 08:39 PM
He is planning his return at the US Masters. Will he regain some pride? Or will it be another embarrassing performance?

Hank Schrader
07-04-2015, 02:26 PM
He is planning his return at the US Masters. Will he regain some pride? Or will it be another embarrassing performance?

According to one of the analysts on Sky the other night his short game, his real problem right now, wasn't looking that much better during his Augusta practice rounds. Paddy Power have him at 5/6 to miss the cut.

Golden Bear
07-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Mark Roe will be creaming himself at the very thought of Tiger's comeback. If he plays well then fair enough, but what I can't stand is the over the top media coverage even when he's not in contention.

Sylar
07-04-2015, 08:09 PM
It doesn't mean much, granted, but Sky had some footage of him on the practice putting green today from about 2 feet out and he was missing repeatedly with a pretty stubby looking putting stroke.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he DID miss the cut.

greenlex
12-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Well he certainly looks back in the groove regards short game. Pitching em stiff and rolling them in from 15ft and under. Still a question mark with the big furniture but there always was. If he doesn't try and kill it and swing within himself he looks to be there or there abouts.

heretoday
13-04-2015, 08:59 PM
It would be good if Tiger came out smiling this time around.

Plenty of people want him to do well and there are worse ways of earning a crust than belting a wee ball up the fairway.

theonlywayisup
07-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Worst ever professional round! Sad to see! I doubt if he will ever get close to where he was.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33036057

greenlex
07-06-2015, 10:32 AM
He's finished as a competitor.

Golden Bear
07-06-2015, 11:05 AM
I still think that Tiger will go on to win another tournament (maybe more) but his best days are definitely behind him.

I'd be very surprised if he went to surpass the Golden Bear's magnificent record of 18 Major victories. He needs another 5 Majors to achieve this and with the advent of golfers like McIlroy & Speith then I'd say its beyond him.

heretoday
07-06-2015, 11:27 PM
He will not surpass Nicklaus. No one will.

BSEJVT
08-06-2015, 09:33 AM
and neither they should!

theonlywayisup
08-06-2015, 12:33 PM
I see he finished last, 29 strokes behind the leaders and 8 strokes behind the second last player in the field who got past the cut.

I suppose the question is what does he do next. Take time off and practice hard, or hope he plays his way through it (as per Duval who never recovered) or play only in the top events for which he will be paid handsomely, but lose his ability to compete against the young ones!!

theonlywayisup
10-06-2015, 08:46 AM
I see he finished last, 29 strokes behind the leaders and 8 strokes behind the second last player in the field who got past the cut.

I suppose the question is what does he do next. Take time off and practice hard, or hope he plays his way through it (as per Duval who never recovered) or play only in the top events for which he will be paid handsomely, but lose his ability to compete against the young ones!!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33060375

Golden Bear
10-06-2015, 04:48 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/33060375

Mark Roe will be delighted! The way the guy hero worships Woods makes me cringe.

theonlywayisup
15-08-2015, 06:34 PM
I read that Tiger has now missed the cut at the last 3 majors, is now the World Ranked 278th player, his last top ten finish was in 2013, as was his last win. His decline over the last 18 months has been rapid. Will he ever regain his position as a top player. :dunno:

Greenworld
15-08-2015, 09:35 PM
I read that Tiger has now missed the cut at the last 3 majors, is now the World Ranked 278th player, his last top ten finish was in 2013, as was his last win. His decline over the last 18 months has been rapid. Will he ever regain his position as a top player. :dunno:
Keep it short no

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Andy74
16-08-2015, 07:48 PM

He is now knocking his pan in for nowt. He should just give up and go and enjoy his life.

Incredible that you can be by far the best in the world at something then barely able to get round the course in a pretty short period of time.

I keep watching him hoping it comes together but I think it's gone too far to come back.

Sylar
16-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Committed yet more infidelity (hence why he separated from Lindsey Vonn) and continues to stink up every course he graces.

I wish he'd just **** off personally - used to have so much respect for him as THE golfer of my generation but now he's just a ****bag.

BroxburnHibee
16-08-2015, 09:20 PM
A great player but now barely an average player.

Doesn't deserve the media coverage he still gets.

Scottie
16-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Committed yet more infidelity (hence why he separated from Lindsey Vonn) and continues to stink up every course he graces.

I wish he'd just **** off personally - used to have so much respect for him as THE golfer of my generation but now he's just a ****bag.
Sums it up for me.

Things have never been the same for Woods since he lost his father who was such a role model and hero of Tigers

greenlex
21-08-2015, 10:27 PM
Looked the part first two days this week. We will see what the weekend brings. I reckon he will wilt.

Golden Bear
22-08-2015, 09:16 AM
I can't make my mind up on Tiger Woods.

On one hand the guy WAS a great golfer and it would undoubtedly benefit the game if he did manage to recover his past form, while on the other hand he's an odious individual who doesn't deserve the idol worshiping attention of at least some of the media.

heretoday
22-08-2015, 01:21 PM
He should smile more and be nicer to folk. He doesn't realise how fortunate he is to be golfing for a living.

theonlywayisup
22-08-2015, 07:08 PM
What an enigma he is. Some days he looks as if he has no control over the golf ball, yet the past two days he looks like he is one of the top players in the world.

Golf, as we know, is such a cruel game. Never ever take your game for granted!!

Pretty Boy
23-08-2015, 08:07 PM
Watching him on the 11th here is like watching a slow motion car crash. Horrible golf.

Golden Bear
23-08-2015, 08:49 PM
He's starting to play again now that the pressure is off and he's right out of contention.

greenlex
23-08-2015, 09:40 PM
Finished.

theonlywayisup
03-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Finished.

Looks like it. Sad!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/34980250

PercyHibs
11-12-2015, 11:50 AM
I still think tiger is gonna come back and win a major. Very much heart ruling the head though. Will need to bin his driver, start playing the stinger again and realise he's not gonna be the biggest hitter on the tour.

greenlex
10-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Digging this up again. The guy is a grade one arse. Go play the game son or give it up. You are letting the game down and thousands of fans with your petulant pish. Media should just ignore him.

BroxburnHibee
10-10-2016, 09:15 PM
Digging this up again. The guy is a grade one arse. Go play the game son or give it up. You are letting the game down and thousands of fans with your petulant pish. Media should just ignore him.

Whats happened Al?

Sylar
10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Whats happened Al?

His return at the Safeway Open this week has been built up to hype level and he's withdrawn for no other reason than he feels he can't play good enough golf to win.

I'm with Alex - I wish he'd just give it up and be done with it.

Golden Bear
11-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Whatever the circumstances behind his late withdrawal for this week's tournament there's no doubt that his return to competitive play would have created a media circus thus creating more interest in the game at a time when it's badly needed.

Personally speaking, I think its doubtful whether Tiger will ever tee up in a PGA tour event again and even if he does, he'll never recover the form of his halcyon days.

theonlywayisup
29-11-2016, 08:42 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/38152128

Don't think so!

easty
01-12-2016, 08:21 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/38152128

Don't think so!

No chance.

theonlywayisup
01-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Tiger returns with a one over par round finishing with doubles on the 16th and 18th.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38174214
(http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38174214)
He's only 17th though.......out of 18.

beensaidbefore
02-12-2016, 07:29 PM
-6 After 2 rounds. Must have been a decent round.

theonlywayisup
03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
-6 After 2 rounds. Must have been a decent round.

He ended up with a 65 - finished the round on 6 under and only 6 behind Johnson.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/38188989

In the third round, he's moved to 10 under, 4 under for the day. And only three behind second spot. Unfortunately for Tiger, Matsuyama is five under for the day and on 17 under par.

The Tiger charge is under way though!

Golden Bear
03-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Ridiculous that world rankings points are at stake for this invitational event. Absolute nonsense in fact.

HibernianJK
06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Not finished. I for one think it's great to see Tiger back on the tour. Really hope he can get back to somewhere near his best.

greenlex
07-12-2016, 07:33 AM
Ridiculous that world rankings points are at stake for this invitational event. Absolute nonsense in fact.

Not so much because it's an invitational but it's a nonsense because it's such a small field invited.
I still think Tigers finished. Let's see his he reacts to a poor performance.

Golden Bear
05-01-2017, 04:10 PM
I see Tiger is scheduled to tee it up in the Dubai tournament at the start of February. It could be a make or break season for him but least he seems willing to give it a go.

heretoday
07-01-2017, 08:57 AM
It's great to see him. Golf needs as many real stars as possible.

greenlex
03-02-2017, 11:16 AM
Withdraws with back problem again. The weather wasn't great either. I wonder if his appearance money will be halved? Wonder how Taylor made are feeling. I hope his deal is appearance based.

HibernianJK
03-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Withdraws with back problem again. The weather wasn't great either. I wonder if his appearance money will be halved? Wonder how Taylor made are feeling. I hope his deal is appearance based.

I've got a feeling he just didn't fancy it. He shot a poor first round and the weather was really poor for his 2nd.

BroxburnHibee
03-02-2017, 03:33 PM
It looks like he's still not sorted out his mental health issues.

Hope I'm wrong but he looks finished.

greenlex
29-05-2017, 04:08 PM
The mans a complete arse. If he wasn't already finished this will put the tin lid on it.

Smartie
29-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Antti Niemi.

theonlywayisup
27-01-2018, 06:44 PM
Iain Carter says that he'll win the Masters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vbhrq

Doubt it.

Watching him at the Farmers Insurance Open is painful. Great recovery follows eratic driving. The man has been great for golf but it's so sad watching him struggle off the tee.

HibernianJK
28-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Iain Carter says that he'll win the Masters.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05vbhrq

Doubt it.

Watching him at the Farmers Insurance Open is painful. Great recovery follows static driving. The man has been great for golf but it's so sad watching him struggle off the tee.

You’re hard pleased. Cut made and scored better each round so far on his second tournament start back from serious surgery. Obviously he’s not going to be back at the top of his game straight away. Add into the frame he’s using a brand new driver this week and it’s understandable. I for one am just delighted to see him back playing and competing.

Hibbyradge
28-01-2018, 08:40 AM
I won't be putting any money on him to win the Masters, but no doubt millions will.

I'm glad he's back playing properly, but he really will need to sort his driving. Only 3 fairways hit from the tee is my standard!

I hope he gets back to the stage where he's genuinely in with a chance every week. He's great for golf. Or he was.

WeeRussell
02-02-2018, 11:37 AM
I honestly think Mcilroy has a chance he's 25 and has 4 majors to his name already. Woods is 39 with 14 to his name. The way Rory has been playing if he can stay injury free no one can get close to him.

McIlroy is 28 I think?

I think Speith is the better player, and is 4 years younger. However I don't expect either of them to catch Woods or Nicklaus.

I'm Spartacus
05-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Phil Mc has to be worthy of an each way bet, Augusta suits a lefty - that's a complete outsider bet though.

Jordan also comes good on this trek, and now he has an Open in the locker, he will be hungry for more.

greenlex
10-02-2018, 12:51 PM
McIlroy is 28 I think?

I think Speith is the better player, and is 4 years younger. However I don't expect either of them to catch Woods or Nicklaus.

Speithis a better putter but is nowhere near McIlroys long game. If he could putt more consistently no one would touch him. He’s top ten most weeks he rocks up playing 50%
both him and Dustin Johnston on their day are unbeatable. If either could putt consistently there would be a huge gap at the top of the world rankings.

theonlywayisup
17-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Missed cut - four strokes off the cut mark - at the latest tournament.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/43095988

WeeRussell
20-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Speithis a better putter but is nowhere near McIlroys long game. If he could putt more consistently no one would touch him. He’s top ten most weeks he rocks up playing 50%
both him and Dustin Johnston on their day are unbeatable. If either could putt consistently there would be a huge gap at the top of the world rankings.

And if Speith could hammer the ball as far as either of they two...?

I've no doubt you'll know more about the game and players than me, by the way.

Golden Bear
23-02-2018, 09:08 PM
Mark Roe must be the most annoying golf commentator EVER! I hate the way he continually talks up Tiger, for gaud's sake man give it a rest!!

theonlywayisup
10-03-2018, 12:55 PM
I see that Tiger is two behind in the Valspar Championship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/43350138

McIlroy misses the cut, again!!

greenlex
10-03-2018, 10:22 PM
It would seem Tiger has his **** together.

Tobias Funke
10-03-2018, 10:32 PM
I always reckoned that if TW got his injury issues sorted that he would compete again. He came back from injury a few years ago to top the world rankings and signs are he could maybe do it again.

Golfs going to be a brilliant spectacle if Tiger can mix it with Johnson, McIlroy, Spieth, Thomas, Day, Rahm and even Lefty. Can’t wait for Augusta.

Smartie
11-03-2018, 04:47 PM
There's going to be something quite special watching Tiger in his red top competing on the final day of a tournament again.

Although with my money on Justin Rose, I could do with him falling just short.

greenlex
11-03-2018, 09:04 PM
There's going to be something quite special watching Tiger in his red top competing on the final day of a tournament again.

Although with my money on Justin Rose, I could do with him falling just short.
Well he has fallen short. Unfortunately for you Rose collapsed. Get yer cash on Woods for Bay Hill next week.

Smartie
11-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Well he has fallen short. Unfortunately for you Rose collapsed. Get yer cash on Woods for Bay Hill next week.

Woods was impressive over 4 rounds, and didn't fall far short at all.

Not sure I'd be lumping on Woods for next week, but I do think he looks perfectly capable of winning on the PGA Tour again - which I didn't think 6 months ago.

It would be fantastic to see him getting up there at Augusta again, and with his whole game looking strong again, I wouldn't rule it out.

Tornadoes70
11-03-2018, 11:12 PM

Not sure I'd be lumping on Woods for next week, but I do think he looks perfectly capable of winning on the PGA Tour again - which I didn't think 6 months ago.

It would be fantastic to see him getting up there at Augusta again, and with his whole game looking strong again, I wouldn't rule it out.

Had a couple of pound on Paul Casey. Thought he'd blown it yesterday but brilliant tonight.

:flag:

theonlywayisup
12-03-2018, 06:40 AM

I'm glad he came a very close second. Had he won, the hype would have gone into over-drive - I'm not sure that's what Tiger needs right now. Tiger needs a few more top 10 finishes before maybe even he is convinced that he is back. That said, he's not far away from it.

The putt he holed on the 17th was unbelievable.

WeeRussell
12-03-2018, 11:45 AM
The bookies have joined-in the over reaction and made him second favourite to win the masters :rolleyes:

HibernianJK
13-03-2018, 03:44 AM
Few humbles pies being chewed on by a few on this thread.

greenlex
13-03-2018, 03:45 PM

He’s won 8 times at bay hill. It’s a course where you can mire if less smash it anywhere and not find real trouble. I don’t think he will be far away if he continues to have his head in the right place.

greenlex
15-03-2018, 04:20 PM
A cheeky wee 4 under 68 to start isn’t too shabby. Included a double too.

Tobias Funke
15-03-2018, 06:30 PM
A cheeky wee 4 under 68 to start isn’t too shabby. Included a double too.

His 70ft putt on the 7th (his 16th) was vintage Woods. Sublime stuff.

Rory has made a cracking start, -4 after 9.

greenlex
15-03-2018, 07:00 PM
His 70ft putt on the 7th (his 16th) was vintage Woods. Sublime stuff.

Rory has made a cracking start, -4 after 9.

The leader board is like a whiz who if current golf. Cracking field .

greenlex
18-03-2018, 08:33 PM
He’s won 8 times at bay hill. It’s a course where you can mire if less smash it anywhere and not find real trouble. I don’t think he will be far away if he continues to have his head in the right place.
You can’t smash it anywhere on 16.😂😂😂

WeeRussell
19-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Few humbles pies being chewed on by a few on this thread.

In what way? A few people have stated they don't like him, and others have said they don't think he'll win the Masters. I remain in the latter group.

Why should that have changed because he's finished quite high in the leaderboard the last couple of weeks?

If he wins the Masters in a few weeks, I'll be dining on several humblie pies and owing apologies to a number of people :greengrin

Tobias Funke
19-03-2018, 12:13 PM
In what way? A few people have stated they don't like him, and others have said they don't think he'll win the Masters. I remain in the latter group.

Why should that have changed because he's finished quite high in the leaderboard the last couple of weeks?

If he wins the Masters in a few weeks, I'll be dining on several humblie pies and owing apologies to a number of people :greengrin

I doubt he will win the Masters next month, the quality around him is exceptional and something he wasn't used to when he dominated the game (bar the likes of Mickelson, Singh). However, he will win again in my opinion and it will be soon. His form since his return shows him getting increasingly more comfortable and confident as each tournament passes, bar one missed cut. He has his short game back which deserted him during his previous comeback attempts. It was his greatest weapon in his pomp, even greater than his length off the tee or iron accuracy.

theonlywayisup
19-03-2018, 01:19 PM
You can’t smash it anywhere on 16.😂😂😂

I think the last couple of weeks have been very encouraging for Tiger - unfortunately, I feel he has too many bad shots in his game for him to win as he used to. The drive on 16th was a great example of this. The Tiger of old would have eagled the hole.

It's sad to see someone so unbelievably talented 'struggle' at a level that 99% of golf pros would love to play at.

Interesting to hear McIlroy's words that the difference between playing well and playing poor (and vice versa) is very close for the top pros. For me, it's Grand Canyon close!!

Golden Bear
19-03-2018, 04:07 PM
I wonder if Tiger's resurgence was a contributory factor to Rory's outstanding form last night.? You could feel the atmosphere coming across from the course last night, something which has been sadly lacking at recent tournaments on the PGA & European tours. The Tiger factor is very much alive and kicking, he's good for the game regardless of what we may think of the guy as an individual.

greenlex
19-03-2018, 05:32 PM
I wonder if Tiger's resurgence was a contributory factor to Rory's outstanding form last night.? You could feel the atmosphere coming across from the course last night, something which has been sadly lacking at recent tournaments on the PGA & European tours. The Tiger factor is very much alive and kicking, he's good for the game regardless of what we may think of the guy as an individual.
Got to agree. Don’t particularly like him as a person but you can’t take anything away from him regards the game of golf.

theonlywayisup
19-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Think Carnoustie could be Tiger's best bet to win a major.

Sylar
19-07-2018, 07:11 PM
He was going along so well today, then bang!

I just can't see him winning another major. I'd LOVE to be wrong, as clearly he's a box office player.

frazeHFC
20-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Would also love it if he was to win it but just can't see it either.

Golden Bear
20-07-2018, 03:09 PM
I'll give an informed opinion on whether he can win or not after tomorrow's round.

😁

poolman
21-07-2018, 12:44 PM

Have to agree :agree:

Don't get this Sky and BBC love in with him

Sour faced git and as you say a terrible role model

heretoday
21-07-2018, 07:27 PM
Spieth's the boy!

Golden Bear
22-07-2018, 03:26 PM
I'll give an informed opinion on whether he can win or not after tomorrow's round.

😁

My informed opinion is that Tiger can most definitely win this. 😉

heretoday
22-07-2018, 03:29 PM
Setback for Spieth but he's good at recovering from that. It's so romantic in a way to see Tiger up there again. Fantastic Open!

theonlywayisup
22-07-2018, 07:06 PM
My informed opinion is that Tiger can most definitely win this. 😉

Think you jinxed it for him. He was the Tiger of old, until he got into the lead.

Sylar
23-08-2018, 02:05 PM
I see "The Match" has finally been arranged. A $9 million, winner takes all game between Mickelson and Woods in November...

Hopefully the winnings are donated to charity. Obscene amount of money for a game of golf.

Godsahibby
28-08-2018, 01:12 PM
I see "The Match" has finally been arranged. A $9 million, winner takes all game between Mickelson and Woods in November...

Hopefully the winnings are donated to charity. Obscene amount of money for a game of golf.

Will be on Pay Per View as will. If this match had been 10-12 years ago then I might have been interested. Right now I couldn't really care.

edit. Even before I would have been more interested if it was their own money they were playing for.

Smartie
28-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Is there anything remotely interesting about this game?

The majors yes, the Ryder cup yes, the weekly PGA tour and European tour events yes (mostly) but this pantomime?

Not in the least bit interesting to me.

Smartie
06-09-2018, 05:44 PM
He's just played the front 9 of his opening round at the BMW Championship in 29, currently sitting on -6 and has been immense so far.

blackpoolhibs
11-09-2018, 07:59 PM
I had written him off if i'm honest, but he's getting closer and closer to winning something soon, something i never thought i'd see again?

Smartie
12-09-2018, 07:27 PM
I had written him off if i'm honest, but he's getting closer and closer to winning something soon, something i never thought i'd see again?

At times last weekend he was playing as well as he ever has. He didn't quite manage to keep it up over 4 rounds but I've been amazed by how strongly he's come back.

The Tiger factor is funny. I didn't really understand why he seems to get so much coverage and attention from the galleries, but when I went up to Carnoustie in July the one player I wanted to see in the flesh was the man who had won all those majors.

theonlywayisup
23-09-2018, 09:57 PM
I think he's back now!

Unbelievable scenes.

greenlex
23-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Absolute scenes.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2018, 05:43 AM
That was some reception for Tiger when his name was announced last night.

It shows how well he is respected in the game of golf.

Admins - we've got two Tiger Woods threads, can you merge?

theonlywayisup
28-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Tiger's played poor today

Golden Bear
28-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Tiger's played poor today

Back problems apparently.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Back problems apparently.

Just off after the way he's been playing.

Golden Bear
28-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Just off after the way he's been playing.

Could very well be but I think he will be "rested" tomorrow.

theonlywayisup
28-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Could very well be but I think he will be "rested" tomorrow.

He's back out tomorrow. Playing with Reed and against Molinari and Fleetwood again.

Golden Bear
28-09-2018, 06:26 PM
He's back out tomorrow. Playing with Reed and against Molinari and Fleetwood again.

👍

hfc rd
29-09-2018, 02:31 PM
He’s having such a poor Ryder Cup.

Golden Bear
29-09-2018, 02:44 PM
Total waste of space in Ryder Cup matches. He's got a face like a weel skelpt erse.

Scouse Hibee
29-09-2018, 07:15 PM
He's not a team player and never has been, shows little interest, offers very little encouragement and retreats into a shell when things not going well.

theonlywayisup
29-09-2018, 07:48 PM
He's not a team player and never has been, shows little interest, offers very little encouragement and retreats into a shell when things not going well.

Surprised to hear that he's not win a match since 2010 in the Ryder Cup.

Smartie
29-09-2018, 09:17 PM

Patrick Reed had a stinker today, but you wonder how he might have bounced back from some shaky early shots if he had someone like Ian Poulter by his side?

I don't think Tiger helped him at all by quietly seething.

Bjorn's picks are looking inspired now.

theonlywayisup
30-09-2018, 09:40 AM
I see Tiger's singles record is played 7, won 4, lost 1 and drawn one.

It will be tough for Rahm today. Depends which Tiger Woods turns up. Rahm needs to play better than he has to date.

Jim44
30-09-2018, 12:25 PM
I see Tiger's singles record is played 7, won 4, lost 1 and drawn one.

It will be tough for Rahm today. Depends which Tiger Woods turns up. Rahm needs to play better than he has to date.

Rahm 2 up. Something not quite right with Woods according to McGinley.

Smartie
30-09-2018, 12:54 PM
Woods isn't beaten yet, not by a long shot.

theonlywayisup
25-10-2018, 08:08 PM
Television viewers in the United States will be charged a "suggested" price of $19.99 to watch the pay-per-view exhibition between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in Las Vegas on 23 November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45984900

I'm sure the Yanks would love to watch it, but not for me.

theonlywayisup
22-11-2018, 06:24 AM
Television viewers in the United States will be charged a "suggested" price of $19.99 to watch the pay-per-view exhibition between Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson in Las Vegas on 23 November.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45984900

I'm sure the Yanks would love to watch it, but not for me.

Game taking place on Friday. It really has the feel of two ageing boxers trying to secure that last bit pay deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/46287514

Tornadoes70
22-11-2018, 07:26 AM
Game taking place on Friday. It really has the feel of two ageing boxers trying to secure that last bit pay deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/46287514

Exhibition match that fails to significantly attract my attention. Don't think either of them need the money but it certainly appears the way you describe.

In contrast to the upcoming exhibition match the World Cup of Golf began with a cracking first round in Melbourne with plenty of exciting golf played.

theonlywayisup
01-12-2018, 09:24 AM
Well......anyone see Tiger's shot from under the bushes on the last.

Apparently within the rules of golf.

Replays showed the ball stayed on the clubface during the shot, but after lengthy discussions, rules officials decided against giving a penalty.

The PGA Tour's vice president of rules and competitions, Mark Russell, said: "We had to look at high-speed, slow-motion video to determine that the ball probably did stay on the clubface a little too long. But there was no way he could've known that."

Explaining the rules under, Russell added: "Basically, if the player didn't know he did that [hit it twice] and the only way you can tell is by using this type of slow-motion technology, he's exempt from the rules, so there's no penalty there."

Tornadoes70
01-04-2019, 10:48 AM
Albeit not winning the WGC I thought Tiger played some brilliant golf and looked as if his return to previous Tiger form has gathered momentum.

The atmosphere around Tiger remains one of awe and excitement with a perpetual buzz from the galleries especially when he's in top form.

Its entirely possible he could win the Masters if continuing to recapture his magic but whatever happens here's hoping he will be up there maintaining a concerted challenge for the Green Jacket as his presence alone generates increased excitement among the spectators.

theonlywayisup
14-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Don't want to jinx him, but looks like Woods is a major winner again.

greenlex
14-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Fair play to him I really didn’t think he had another in him. Possibly the greatest win in sport after our cup win in 2016. He looks like he enjoyed that too. No doubt about it. That’s his greatest win.

Golden Bear
14-04-2019, 06:34 PM
He produced the goods when he had too, all credit to the guy. The Americans have their hero back which can only be good for the game.

Haymaker
14-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Yes Tiger!!

Tornadoes70
14-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Fantastic scenes at Tiger winning the masters again. Thought after the first nine that Molinari was all the way winner but the shot into the water done for him but he could easily be a future Green Jacket winner.

Well done Tiger, its what golf needed as he generates enhanced atmosphere and drama.

A special player. Sensational final day at what is one of the world's greatest sporting contests.

Magic from Tiger :aok:

heretoday
15-04-2019, 10:10 AM
I hope he doesn't start winning everything again! That would be a bit boring like Serena Williams or Federer.

AugustaHibs
15-04-2019, 08:02 PM
I hope he doesn't start winning everything again! That would be a bit boring like Serena Williams or Federer.

I hope he does. Nothing better seeing tiger winning majors imo