PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heffernan

WillowbraeHibby
31-01-2015, 09:30 AM
Paul Heffernan set to leave Hibs... doing the rounds on twitter, and EEN.

007 Mickey Weir
31-01-2015, 09:39 AM
I think he will e freed by mutual consent unless he finds a club before end of window.

superfurryhibby
31-01-2015, 09:42 AM
I think he will e freed by mutual consent unless he finds a club before end of window.

Seems unlikely, given he refused moves to top flights clubs this August?

southsider
31-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Frees another wage. TDD may be worth watching after all Go Stubbsy make my day

Stuarty27
31-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Delighted with this...

One of the worst strikers in Hibs history.

overdrive
31-01-2015, 09:56 AM

Probably doesn't if he gets a payoff.

overdrive
31-01-2015, 09:57 AM
Delighted with this...

Hardly. But definitely way down the pecking order so probably a good decision.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Heffernan Kuqi Collins, Fenlon really struggled to bring in decent strikers, i suppose Doyle was ok and has certainly improved, but if he'd managed to bring in better quality up front he might have done a lot better than he did?

Hank Schrader
Delighted with this...

Not even close to being that bad.

Future17
Delighted with this...

That is absolute nonsense.

You only have to look at Heffernan's record at other clubs to see his pedigree as a goalscorer. Unfortunately for him (and for us as fans) he's not really had a decent run in the side and, when he did, it was under Butcher, whose tactics will never suit a striker of Heffernan's type.

I think he'd admit he's lost a bit of pace, but the lack of regular games will not have helped this.

As for the bit in bold, have you only been watching Hibs for 2 seasons? I could easily name 10 whi were worse than Heffernan without even having to try hard thinking...

CallumLaidlaw
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-heffernan-set-to-leave-hibs-1-3675701

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2015, 10:05 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/paul-heffernan-set-to-leave-hibs-1-3675701

Stubbs not pulling any punches about booth in the wee add on there seems strange it's that straight forward after him playing a part in quite a few squads this season

Stuarty27
31-01-2015, 10:09 AM
Shame about booth I thought he was a decent player.

What manager in there right mind would sign Paul Heffernan? Can see him ending up in the conferance or league 2 at best

superfurryhibby
31-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Stubbs not pulling any punches about booth in the wee add on there seems strange it's that straight forward after him playing a part in quite a few squads this season

Also odd given we have no cover at left back. Maybe just a matter of finance but I would have kept Booth until the end of the season.

Allant1981
31-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Also odd given we have no cover at left back. Maybe just a matter of finance but I would have kept Booth until the end of the season.

Apart from paul hanlon who can play there and potentially fontaine if required plus one of the youth players

emerald green
31-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Delighted with this...

You surely cannot be serious? How long have you been supporting Hibs? Do you really know anything about Hibs history?

Heffernan has not been good at Hibs and it's time for him to move on I would agree, but to describe him as you have is completely wrong.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2015, 10:18 AM

Yes seemed a harsh way to explain the Booth situation, something gone on between them?

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2015, 10:20 AM

He'll want to put as much of his own stamp on things as possible so it's no suprise guys are getting moved on just seems strange with booth playing a part and he's 'finished here' but Harris who hasn't played much he's hopeful of the loan being good for him and he'll come back

Brooster

Not if we pay him off which is obviously why he is still hanging around with no prospect of getting a game.

Elephant Stone
Delighted with this...

:hilarious

We should free Cummings as well then, can't have anyone learning from Heffernan in training.

:giruy2:

Billy McKirdy
31-01-2015, 10:21 AM
Delighted with this...

A decent player throughout his career, just not with us, in a better team and with game time I'm sure he would have come good but the worst hibs player?
not even close mate..

HappyAsHellas
31-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Heffernan is a proven goal scorer at every club he's been at with his worst record of 1 goal every 6 games being with Hibs. This is/was largely due to injury and mismanagement. He can still do a job for about half of the premier teams who would be glad to take him. I applauded him for wanting to stay and fight for his place, but it just hasn't worked out for him and with recent additions he must know he's even further down the pecking order. I would hope that this reason alone would see him happy to move on.

lucky
31-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Heff needed games and the ball played into his feet. The style under TB did not suit him and he then has picked injuries and has not been able to regain his form or place.

Several managers have not picked Booth yet he remains a fans favourite. I wish him well put he's just not good enough at defending

Stubbs has made his call and so far on players he's been right with his transfers

SteveHFC
31-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Thank ****.

portyhibernian
31-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Probably a case of wrong club at the wrong time with Heffernan, as others have said his goalscoring record is fairly decent elsewhere. Due to his age I'm not sure how many top flight clubs would be interested but could certainly see him at Queen of the South or something.

Joe's ice cream
31-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Heff needed games and the ball played into his feet. The style under TB did not suit him and he then has picked injuries and has not been able to regain his form or place.

Several managers have not picked Booth yet he remains a fans favourite. I wish him well put he's just not good enough at defending

Stubbs has made his call and so far on players he's been right with his transfers

Second your thoughts on Booth- delighted that Stubbs is so clear minded around the quality of player he wants playing for him

IanM
31-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Thank ****.

You and stuart27 👉👌? 😂

Quite happy with our squad now

Big_Franck
31-01-2015, 11:28 AM
Thank god, he should have been gone long ago. He's obviously hanging around for a pay off, and I dare say i would do the same thing in his situation so can't really blame him for that.

He's not the worst striker in our history but IMO he's one of the worst we've had in the last 10 years. Bar his first three or four games he's offered absolutely nothing and has struggled to get a game when fit in poor Hibs teams.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up though.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Heff was good 5 years ago. He's utter dross for Hibs and folk saying lack of games didn't help, the lack of games was because he's past it. No pace and his shots have zero power!!

Delighted he's heading out of Hibs!

iwasthere1972
31-01-2015, 11:32 AM
I was delighted when he signed for us but simply hasn't been good enough in the little time that he's actually played.

No hard feelings. Wish him luck wherever he lands up.

jacomo
31-01-2015, 11:34 AM
A decent player throughout his career, just not with us, in a better team and with game time I'm sure he would have come good but the worst hibs player?
not even close mate..

He did fine until his injury. These things happen, unfortunately.

Stuarty27
31-01-2015, 11:37 AM
You and stuart27 ? 

Quite happy with our squad now

Just one more to go and I'll be on top of the world!!!

HibbyKeith
31-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Yes seemed a harsh way to explain the Booth situation, something gone on between them?

Typical of the EEN, select quotes to appear worse that it is, I have no doubt this article has been grabbed from the recent HTV interview with stubbs, I've just sat and pretty much verbatim typed out the question and answer from there regarding Booth's situation.

Question: Callum booth's departure to Partick on loan, is that effectively the end of his Hibs career now do you feel? or whats the general scenario there?

AS: Yeah, I think so.. We had a discussion with Callum before he left and obviously it was difficult for him to get in the team because of the form of Lewis (stevenson) and David (gray) and he found it hard to get the time that he wanted on the pitch, but his attitude was first class he was a really good young pro, never complained and we had a couple of discussions along the way about what he needed to improve on to get in the team and he was always very receptive about doing that.

We had a discussion last week where we knew Partick were interested, I mentioned it to him the other day and unfortunately for Callum that would be the end of everything here, We're not going to be in a position where we are going to look to offer Callum a contract at the end of the season. So at the end of the day I look upon it as that's football, you know you move on and we wish Callum all the very best for the rest of the season and the future that lies ahead of him.

Such a contrast the the way the the EEN portray it.

:wink:

scoopyboy
31-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Unless Heffernan is taking a part pay off then I wouldn't release him.

If Hibs are paying him the rest of his contract I don't see the point.

Scouse Hibee
31-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Typical of the EEN, select quotes to appear worse that it is, I have no doubt this article has been grabbed from the recent HTV interview with stubbs, I've just sat and pretty much verbatim typed out the question and answer from there regarding Booth's situation.

Question: Callum booth's departure to Partick on loan, is that effectively the end of his Hibs career now do you feel? or whats the general scenario there?

AS: Yeah, I think so.. We had a discussion with Callum before he left and obviously it was difficult for him to get in the team because of the form of Lewis (stevenson) and David (gray) and he found it hard to get the time that he wanted on the pitch, but his attitude was first class he was a really good young pro, never complained and we had a couple of discussions along the way about what he needed to improve on to get in the team and he was always very receptive about doing that.

We had a discussion last week where we knew Partick were interested, I mentioned it to him the other day and unfortunately for Callum that would be the end of everything here, We're not going to be in a position where we are going to look to offer Callum a contract at the end of the season. So at the end of the day I look upon it as that's football, you know you move on and we wish Callum all the very best for the rest of the season and the future that lies ahead of him.

Haha cheers for that, changes things considerably.

superfurryhibby
31-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Haha cheers for that, changes things considerably.

Bit of a misrepresentation From EEN when paraphrasing Stubbs' interview. Terrible local paper!

SteveHFC
31-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Just one more to go and I'll be on top of the world!!!

:thumbsup:

LordBamba
31-01-2015, 11:58 AM

Had a read of the comments. Some hearts fan seems to think hibs are going Into administration. Deluded or a troll

J-C
31-01-2015, 12:08 PM

Simply put, thank **** :flag:

Kato
31-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Hibs have no friends at that organ. David Hardie writes pro-Hibs reports on games but can soft soap things the other way which isn't much cop either.

I'm sure some of the authors of the comments on their pages are their journos/sub-ed's fishing for hits.

Sad what's happened to the Evening News, somebody said to me recently it "used to be a good newspaper", it's not even a newspaper these days never mind good.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 12:47 PM
Hibs have no friends at that organ. David Hardie writes pro-Hibs reports on games but can soft soap things the other way which isn't much cop either.

I'm sure some of the authors of the quotes on their pages are their journos/sub-ed's fishing for hits.

Sad what's happened to the Evening News, somebody said to me recently it "used to be a good newspaper", it's not even a newspaper these days never mind good.

It's finished as a paper. To be honest so is the red top rags if you ask me. Be surprised if they are still putting out prints in 10 years time with all the social media now.

tamig
31-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Delighted with this...

Jeezo.

Dashing Bob S
31-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Heff was a decent striker but he's past his best now and won't get any better. Booth is somewhat unfortunate, but I love Stubb's decisiveness. This guy knows his own mind and the direction he wants to take. Big gulp of fresh air at this club.

ekhibee
31-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I don't know why people on here are getting on their high horse about Heffernan and his ability, his record at HIBS was shocking, regardless of his obvious goal scoring ability at other clubs. I would have no regrets about him leaving, at the moment he's getting paid to do the sum total of **** all.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 02:09 PM
I don't know why people on here are getting on their high horse about Heffernan and his ability, his record at HIBS was shocking, regardless of his obvious goal scoring ability at other clubs. I would have no regrets about him leaving, at the moment he's getting paid to do the sum total of **** all.

Exactly.

sleeping giant
31-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Heff was a decent striker but he's past his best now and won't get any better. Booth is somewhat unfortunate, but I love Stubb's decisiveness. This guy knows his own mind and the direction he wants to take. Big gulp of fresh air at this club.

I agree.

Very happy with Stubbs at the moment. I could listen to the man all day.

snooky
31-01-2015, 02:38 PM

I'm sure some of the authors of the comments on their pages are their journos/sub-ed's fishing for hits.

AS has signed quality players who are delivering the goods. He is letting go the 'also rans' and I agree with what he is doing.
IMO, the only exception is Booth. I think he has quality although, I would agree defending is not his forte.

HoboHarry
31-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Paul Hanlon said that Heff had been acting as a mentor to Jason Cummings. In effect he has had a decent input into coaching Cummings into becoming the leagues top scorer at the age of 19. That's not **** all but then again maybe Paul is lying and you know more. :rolleyes:

ekhibee
31-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Paul Hanlon said that Heff had been acting as a mentor to Jason Cummings. In effect he has had a decent input into coaching Cummings into becoming the leagues top scorer at the age of 19. That's not **** all but then again maybe Paul is lying and you know more. :rolleyes:
Of course I don't know more. So do you think we should keep Heffernan on as a mentor? He's certainly not doing anything else.

HoboHarry
31-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Of course I don't know more. So do you think we should keep Heffernan on as a mentor? He's certainly not doing anything else.
That's for AS to decide isn't it? If AS thinks he has value as a strikers coach then that's good enough for me. If he doesn't then that's good enough for me too. What I wouldn't do is make daft statements on here which clearly have no basis in knowledge.

weonlywon6-2
31-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Tough decisions sometimes in football.Good luck Paul wherever you go

ekhibee
31-01-2015, 03:26 PM
That's for AS to decide isn't it? If AS thinks he has value as a strikers coach then that's good enough for me. If he doesn't then that's good enough for me too. What I wouldn't do is make daft statements on here which clearly have no basis in knowledge.
Well as you should be perfectly aware my comments were referring to Heffernan's contribution as a striker at Hibs, and whether you want to argue the point or not, he's been very poor indeed. My 'basis in knowledge' is based on my seeing every game he's played for Hibs since he arrived here. If you think there's a better way of forming an opinion regarding his current playing ability then fair enough. He's turned down a move to St Johnstone already, something Hibs had no problem with, but HE turned it down. Of course it's up to Stubbs to decide, that goes without saying, but if what you're saying is true then Stubbs' opinion has obviously changed from then.

HoboHarry
31-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Well as you should be perfectly aware my comments were referring to Heffernan's contribution as a striker at Hibs, and whether you want to argue the point or not, he's been very poor indeed. My 'basis in knowledge' is based on my seeing every game he's played for Hibs since he arrived here. If you think there's a better way of forming an opinion regarding his current playing ability then fair enough. He's turned down a move to St Johnstone already, something Hibs had no problem with, but HE turned it down. Of course it's up to Stubbs to decide, that goes without saying, but if what you're saying is true then Stubbs' opinion has obviously changed from then.
Feel free to back track but that's not what you said. You stated " at the moment he's getting paid to do the sum total of **** all." Based on Paul Hanlon's comments that is simply not true.

GRANTON_HIBS
31-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I'm certain heffernan would have tucked away 1 of the many chancessquandered today by others.

ekhibee
31-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Feel free to back track but that's not what you said. You stated " at the moment he's getting paid to do the sum total of **** all." Based on Paul Hanlon's comments that is simply not true.
I'm backtracking to the part you neglected to comment on which was what the whole thread was about.

NYHibby
31-01-2015, 09:52 PM
He'll want to put as much of his own stamp on things as possible so it's no suprise guys are getting moved on just seems strange with booth playing a part and he's 'finished here' but Harris who hasn't played much he's hopeful of the loan being good for him and he'll come back

Harris is still only 20 while Booth is almost 3 and a half years older. Booth has made 100 more appearances than Harris. It doesn't seem strange to me for someone to think that Harris has more potential while Booth is maxed out.

HoboHarry
31-01-2015, 10:37 PM
I'm backtracking to the part you neglected to comment on which was what the whole thread was about.
You aren't doing very well here. The thread was started merely to pass on Twitter comments that he may be leaving. You elected to post a rather churlish comment and I called you out for it. Stop posting nonsense.....

InterviewLoI
31-01-2015, 11:55 PM
I've got his name on my jersey so he better not leave!

MWHIBBIES
01-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Delighted with this...

One of the worst strikers in Hibs history.Absolutely not even close.

Wilson
01-02-2015, 08:44 AM
I'm certain heffernan would have tucked away 1 of the many chancessquandered today by others.

I agree. He probably still has much to offer but he won't get a chance at Hibs.

jacomo
01-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Unfortunately he's done nothing this season to back up your assertion.

I say this as someone who was pretty confident the Heff would score a decent number of goals for us this term.

ekhibee
01-02-2015, 10:23 AM
You aren't doing very well here. The thread was started merely to pass on Twitter comments that he may be leaving. You elected to post a rather churlish comment and I called you out for it. Stop posting nonsense.....
No, you're being patronizing as well as childish. You decided to comment on one part of the original comment I'd made, and I called you out for it, certainly not the other way round. I more than gave my explanation for the comment that was made, but surprise surprise you're totally ignoring it. And yes, the thread was started with regard to the possibility that Heffernan might be leaving, my opinion as regards that is that he's not performed for us over a long period of time now, in fact since we signed him. You've suggested a possible explanation for why he's still here, and I'm certainly not going to contradict you over it, but he was employed by Hibs as a striker, and for different reasons it simply hasn't worked.

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Maybe we should bring in players who are also coaches, that would keep the costs down?

FranckSuzy
01-02-2015, 01:48 PM
Maybe we should bring in players who are also coaches, that would keep the costs down?

Worked when Maybury switched roles :agree: He got an easy time of it too :wink:

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2015, 02:34 PM
Worked when Maybury switched roles :agree: He got an easy time of it too :wink:

:greengrin