PDA

View Full Version : Will shareholders be given ticket priorities

Iwastherein73
30-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Question, if I buy shares would I be given priority for tickets when we reach cup finals ect, fed up scrambling around for tickets for the big matches, I am unable to commit to a season ticket due to work commitments.

Hermit Crab
30-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Question, if I buy shares would I be given priority for tickets when we reach cup finals ect, fed up scrambling around for tickets for the big matches, I am unable to commit to a season ticket due to work commitments.

No and nor should you. Also is this a wind up? :confused:

Are you saying you'd only buy shares if it guaranteed you tickets for "big" matches?

Billy Whizz
30-01-2015, 07:10 PM
I doubt if you would be given priority ahead of season ticket holders

IanM
30-01-2015, 07:10 PM

Im sure I read if you buy them via HSL there's no additional benefits. Not sure how it works direct tho

jodjam
30-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Probably my mind playing tricks but I'm sure when I bought shares early 80s for some time after for priority tickets it was season ticket holders and shareholders.

Fwiw I don't think any of the shareholders should get priority.

Iwastherein73
30-01-2015, 07:19 PM
No and nor should you. Also is this a wind up? :confused:

Are you saying you'd only buy shares if it guaranteed you tickets for "big" matches?

Would not not expect to be ahead of season ticket holders in any circumstances, few years ago when the club membership was in operation, members were given priority after season ticket holders but ahead of public sale. If there is a difference between buying direct or via HSL it would help me decide which way to go.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Would not not expect to be ahead of season ticket holders in any circumstances, few years ago when the club membership was in operation, members were given priority after season ticket holders but ahead of public sale. If there is a difference between buying direct or via HSL it would help me decide which way to go.

If you buy shares directly, you'll own a part of the club yourself and you'll receive a share certificate. If you're not an existing shareholder, you'll have to seek the approval of an IFA before sending in your application.

If you contribute towards HSL then you'll be part of a group that will eventually be buying shares in the club. You won't get a share certificate but you will receive a membership certificate. You have no requirement to involve an IFA if you join HSL.

I think that's the only differences between the two options.

HH81
30-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Hibernians members get priority tickets. I have paid into it for years.

oconnors_strip
30-01-2015, 09:40 PM

I think the club are working towards a membership scheme and this would help with gaining tickets for finals

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2015, 10:02 PM
If you buy shares directly, you'll own a part of the club yourself and you'll receive a share certificate. If you're not an existing shareholder, you'll have to seek the approval of an IFA before sending in your application.

If you contribute towards HSL then you'll be part of a group that will eventually be buying shares in the club. You won't get a share certificate but you will receive a membership certificate. You have no requirement to involve an IFA if you join HSL.

I think that's the only differences between the two options.

if you contribute to HSL you aren't a shareholder, so no benefits.

Matt92
30-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Ridiculous post- shareholders, unlike season ticket holders can reclaim through dividends and maybe capital appreciation (potentially anyways) every penny of what they put in. Season ticket holders are making a pure investment into watching their team and as such should have priority over all.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2015, 11:22 PM

Off topic. Where were you in 73. Maybe it was the same place as I was a year earlier. :greengrin

ano hibby
30-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Ridiculous post- shareholders, unlike season ticket holders can reclaim through dividends and maybe capital appreciation (potentially anyways) every penny of what they put in. Season ticket holders are making a pure investment into watching their team and as such should have priority over all.

Good luck cashing your Hibs dividend cheques mate!

Islington Hibs
31-01-2015, 08:34 AM

Disagree. This is not a normal investment. I doubt Hibs have ever paid a dividend and are unlikely to do so as the money is ploughed into the team. I would not be buying shares in an expectation that they go up in value- this is an emotional investment( for me anyway). NB That is not investment advice just a personal view!

I would have thought, to encourage people to dig deep into their pockets and cough up £200+ it is not unreasonable that there would be some benefit. Absolutely agree with you that season ticket holders are the life the blood and should get first dabs, but I don't think it unreasonable that shareholders, and perhaps other members (of some kind) get second shot. I think it would actually help raise more funds.....

Hibbyradge
31-01-2015, 08:44 AM
shareholders can reclaim through dividends and maybe capital appreciation (potentially anyways) every penny of what they put in.

http://www.martaandreasen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/cloud_cuckoo_land.png

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2015, 09:11 AM

...choking on toast here :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Probably my mind playing tricks but I'm sure when I bought shares early 80s for some time after for priority tickets it was season ticket holders and shareholders.

Fwiw I don't think any of the shareholders should get priority.

Not playing tricks.

That was the case for a few years. And then it stopped.

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Och ! Was making my half time prawn sandwiches then and dropped them all over the luncheonette when I read your post Matt !

😂

Mibbes Aye
31-01-2015, 09:09 PM
As a shareholder I have to say that my butler nearly fainted when my diary secretary saw Matt92's post. Not so much for the post, but the effect it had on our manservant who read it and transcribed it with a quill so that I could read it over eggs Benedict at breakfast.......

Being serious, it would be nice if shareholders got preferential treatment but I don't think we deserve it. Our rights relate to the AGM etc and that's fair enough. Priority for big games should go to those investing in the club on an ongoing basis - season ticket holders and whatever club membership scheme that HFC put in place.

I would hazard that many shareholders take a season ticket so it's probably a moot point.