PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's crowd

HibsNutter
30-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Anyone else think it will be a relatively large crowd tomorrow? Due to the entertainment that's been on offer in the last few weeks as well as the feel good factor slowly returning, or do you reckon it will be a slow process in those disapointed with the events of the past couple of years returning?

HibbyAndy
30-01-2015, 05:57 PM

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 05:59 PM
My first home game for a while, missed the last three home games due to other commitments, there had better be goals tomorrow :-)

marinello59
30-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Tomorrow is a chance to forget the off fiield politics for a while. The team certainly deserve a decent turn out, I can't wait.

:flag:

The_Exile

Lower. 9.6k.

Sir David Gray
9-10000

Billychaotic182
30-01-2015, 06:08 PM
It's my birthday tomorrow so the mrs bought me and her tickets for the game tomorrow so coming down from Aberdeen. 1st game since the Utd cup game

seanshow
30-01-2015, 06:23 PM
My first home game for a while, missed the last three home games due to other commitments, there had better be goals tomorrow :-)
Oh no that's the baw burst then! One defeat in 20 out the windae :tee hee:

NOLA
30-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Bit too cold for some I'd imagine

eastcoasthibby
30-01-2015, 06:40 PM
I think 10Kish, hopefully we can build on performances although the Falkirk at home game did a bit of damage !
I think we if we carry on as we are that the crowds will slowly grow as the season progreses !!

home results are vital in so many ways ...so lets get down to business tomorrow boys !!!

Aldo
30-01-2015, 06:41 PM

Same for me. I think there defo will be goals.

Added spice with Dale Carrick signing for RR.

Aldo
30-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Bit too cold for some I'd imagine

Maybe but it's to be dry!!

Ronniekirk
30-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Same for me. I think there defo will be goals.

Added spice with Dale Carrick signing for RR.
First game for three weeks looking forward to it Is the new Striker fit or is he Jinxed

Gatecrasher
30-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Between 8 & 9 thousand, it's baltic outside.

Chuck Rhoades
30-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Still tickets in singing section left if anyone is interested. A mild crowd may see 10k...

kaimendhibs
30-01-2015, 06:57 PM

Aldo
30-01-2015, 07:00 PM
First game for three weeks looking forward to it Is the new Striker fit or is he Jinxed

Not sure Ronnie but if he is he'll prob have to settle for a place on the bench.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Oh no that's the baw burst then! One defeat in 20 out the windae :tee hee:

You're not the first person to tell me that :-)

Hiber-nation
30-01-2015, 07:11 PM
I wish folk would stop using the Petrie excuse and get themselves along to see some decent fitba and a winning team.

Albanian Hibs
30-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Wont be there as I am taking kids to a birthday party at 4pm but giving husband my ticket instead.

erin go bragh
30-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Couldnt give a monkeys about the crowd , just want to see a Hibs win . Be a bonus if Alloa win also .

Ggtth

emerald green
30-01-2015, 08:07 PM
The team certainly deserve a decent turnout tomorrow. The weather at this time of year, as usual, will play its part on the attendance.

Every game now until the end of the season is hugely important for Hibs. Win and go second, and yes the Huns have games in hand but they would have to win them. Hopefully they will be destroyed by Celtic on Sunday which will dent their confidence badly.

CB_NO3
30-01-2015, 08:42 PM

Ringothedog
30-01-2015, 09:19 PM
8750 if we are lucky. Our average this season is 10500 which includes 2 games against them and mini them.

Elephant Stone
30-01-2015, 09:22 PM
I wish folk would stop using the Petrie excuse and get themselves along to see some decent fitba and a winning team.

If it wasn't Petrie it would be something else. Some folk are just chronic bores.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2015, 10:02 PM
If it wasn't Petrie it would be something else. Some folk are just chronic bores.

Aye true. The weather seems to be a popular one.

portyhibernian
30-01-2015, 11:11 PM
If Raith Rovers bring a decent crowd probably about 10k tomorrow I reckon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Anything over 9k will be a decent turn out.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2015, 12:19 AM
It may be winter outside but in my heart it's spring.

I'll be there. Hoping for goals and glory. :aok:

Ronniekirk
31-01-2015, 08:24 AM
It may be winter outside but in my heart it's spring.

I'll be there. Hoping for goals and glory. :aok:

Check out the video on you tube of Felice Taylor version 1967 great for sending on to folk at Christmass .

Keith_M
31-01-2015, 08:37 AM
I could understand why we struggled to get decent crowds earlier in the season but not now.

The current side is really worth watching and I'd love to be able to come over and see them more often.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Aye true. The weather seems to be a popular one.

Petrie and STF stole 5 degrees from the average temperature. FACT

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2015, 10:31 AM
9,500 .... There are still folk who remain to be convinced that playing well in the Championship and trailing the Yams by a bucketful of points represents a big enough hook to get them back. If it was 15 degrees outside they might be tempted to have a look. Minus 2 .... nah.

Kojock
31-01-2015, 10:56 AM
9,500 .... There are still folk who remain to be convinced that playing well in the Championship and trailing the Yams by a bucketful of points represents a big enough hook to get them back. If it was 15 degrees outside they might be tempted to have a look. Minus 2 .... nah.

After being a ST holder for 35 years I cancelled my ticket for this season as I was so disillusioned with the way things had gone at Hibs over the past 7 years or so. Seeing the improvements both on and off the field, last Monday I decided to get a half season. I was charged £205 for it, which I thought at the time was a bit pricey. On returning home I checked the remaining fixtures to find we only have 7 home games left. So basically it is costing me over £29 per game. I am going to the ticket office today to get a refund and will purchase individual tickets for the remaining games.

semaj64
31-01-2015, 11:02 AM
After being a ST holder for 35 years I cancelled my ticket for this season as I was so disillusioned with the way things had gone at Hibs over the past 7 years or so. Seeing the improvements both on and off the field, last Monday I decided to get a half season. I was charged £205 for it, which I thought at the time was a bit pricey. On returning home I checked the remaining fixtures to find we only have 7 home games left. So basically it is costing me over £29 per game. I am going to the ticket office today to get a refund and will purchase individual tickets for the remaining games.

I assume the paly off games will be included so may reduce the price a bit, of course if we win the league then you are correct

Brooster
31-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Surely you were aware of that on Monday?

Gatecrasher
31-01-2015, 11:45 AM
You don't get refunds on season tickets, I would imagine it would be the same for half season tickets.

FranckSuzy
31-01-2015, 12:04 PM

The half STs were valid from the The Rangers game on 27/12/14, IIRC. The fact that you bought it after we'd already had a few home games is the reason for the apparent increase in the price of each match :aok:

Kojock
31-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Surely you were aware of that on Monday?

Nope, I thought that the games I had missed would have been deducted from the cost. Obviously that was not the case.

Kojock
31-01-2015, 06:44 PM
You don't get refunds on season tickets, I would imagine it would be the same for half season tickets.

I got a refund at the start of the season and again today. Will just purchase tickets for individual games.

Hiber-nation
31-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Another poorish crowd. Maybe the missing fans would have helped see us over the line :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Att: 9,024

Kojock
31-01-2015, 06:50 PM
The half STs were valid from the The Rangers game on 27/12/14, IIRC. The fact that you bought it after we'd already had a few home games is the reason for the apparent increase in the price of each match :aok:

I bought a ticket for the Rangers game then was out of the country for the Falkirk and Cowdenbeath games. So I actually paid £233 for a half season which only covered 7 games.

The_Exile
31-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Genuinely think the cold puts people off, along with championship football at premiership prices it's a recipe for low crowds. It was effin freezing today, my 6 year old was suffering badly despite being well wrapped up and having the wee heat pad things in his pocket, I tend to feel it worse than most aswell as being a type 1 diabetic, my circulation is poor. Both of the wee ones started getting crabbit about the cold at the beginning of the second half so we had to jack it in at around the 70th minute today so I never saw Nade's goal. Pretending it never happened.

emerald green
31-01-2015, 07:41 PM
It's results like todays that are putting some people coming back to ER. Folk will come out and watch a winning team, that's why the Yams are getting the attendances they are getting.

At the moment it's the hard core regulars, in the main, that are turning out for home matches.

Also, like it or not, some folk will simply not turn out to sit in freezing temperatures at football matches any more.

son of haggart
31-01-2015, 07:47 PM
It's results like todays that are putting some people coming back to ER. Folk will come out and watch a winning team, that's why the Yams are getting the attendances they are getting.

At the moment it's the hard core regulars, in the main, that are turning out for home matches.

Also, like it or not, some folk will simply not turn out to sit in freezing temperatures at football matches any more.

Your prices must have something to do with it as well - for walk ups your prices are too steep

emerald green
31-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Your prices must have something to do with it as well - for walk ups your prices are too steep

Yes, that may be another factor, but I believe the reasons I set out in my previous post are more important, especially the one about a winning team.

Hibs have got a pretty decent unbeaten record, but the number of draws, especially at home are killing us.

Kato
31-01-2015, 08:12 PM

For a lot of people, you're right.

son of haggart
31-01-2015, 08:23 PM
For a lot of people, you're right.

Certainly for those who make their decisions last minute

Your STs are 95% of your diehards - there are a few who wil go for walk up because of their circumstances but the others are where your flexibility lies, and in your case you have severely restricted that through your pricing.

On the plus side, you get a lot from those who choose to do this and from the hearts and rangers games - the danger is you reduce core support