PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporters Limited Press Release

Mikey
30-01-2015, 03:48 PM
HSL Announcement.......

Become a member and get a very special squad number!

A place in history awaits you. On Monday 2nd February at 9.00am we officially launch Hibernian Supporters Limited, giving supporters the chance to buy a meaningful stake in their Club and be part of a democratic collective that will give us a greater voice in our Club.

Supporters who donate become members and will be presented with a Membership Certificate that is the legal equivalent to a Share Certificate and prove their part ownership of HSL.

There are two very special Membership numbers, ONE and EIGHTEENSEVENTYFIVE. Move quickly for number ONE as the early bird gets the ONE.

EIGHTEENSEVENTYFIVE will take slightly longer and who knows whom it will be.

Special prizes are on offer to the lucky individuals and they will receive their Membership Certificate at a special presentation at Easter Road Stadium.

Don’t delay and join the evolution from Monday.

Devonhibs
30-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I would if the club had sent me anything to actually fill in! Did send an e mail last week but nothing :confused::confused:

IanM
30-01-2015, 04:12 PM
I would if the club had sent me anything to actually fill in! Did send an e mail last week but nothing :confused::confused:

I emailed them this afternoon pal and they replied saying 'we'll be in touch shortly'

I hadn't gave them my address so no idea how they knew where to send the info to

Mikey
30-01-2015, 04:14 PM

I emailed them this afternoon pal and they replied saying 'we'll be in touch shortly'

I hadn't gave them my address so no idea how they knew where to send the info to

That'll be the club you're dealing with regarding buying shares direct and not HSL :wink:

They could certainly do with moving things along.......

thebakerboy
30-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Have e-mailed club and registered interest to HSL and have received no replies in any form from either.

Mikey
30-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Have e-mailed club and registered interest to HSL and have received no replies in any form from either.

The HSL part of that was covered here.....

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?297936-Any-More-Questions-For-Hibernian-Supporters-Limited

See post 16.

Stantons Angel
30-01-2015, 04:42 PM

In the same position here and after two emails not heard a thing!

Ozyhibby
30-01-2015, 04:51 PM
The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next Season

snedzuk
30-01-2015, 08:01 PM
In the same position here and after two emails not heard a thing!

Same deal for me and the mrs

martin63
30-01-2015, 08:26 PM

Same problem here. I emailed about 2 weeks ago when they asked you to and still not heard a thing.

Danderhall Hibs
30-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I've still to get my pack as well. Postie must be a jambo and binning it.

Mikey
01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm told that everyone who noted an interest in HSL will have been contacted today.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm told that everyone who noted an interest in HSL will have been contacted today.

I've had nothing from the club on this - I take it I'm meant to get that before the HSL stuff?

Saturday Boy
01-02-2015, 05:42 PM

I received an email at 12:16. I've set my alarm for one of the prize numbers - 1875 rather that the first membership. A 9am start is way too early for me :wink:

jonty
01-02-2015, 05:42 PM

with a pretty generic "we're launching tomorrow" email, that's all.

Mikey
01-02-2015, 05:43 PM
I've had nothing from the club on this - I take it I'm meant to get that before the HSL stuff?

Pass :greengrin

crash
01-02-2015, 05:54 PM
The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next Season

So how does that work then, does this mean a one-off mega budget for next season?

offshorehibby
01-02-2015, 06:00 PM
with a pretty generic "we're launching tomorrow" email, that's all.

And what else to you want as a reminder that HSL launches tomorrow.

emerald green
01-02-2015, 06:08 PM

I've not heard anything from HSL yet. If its just a reminder to say the launch is tomorrow, OK, but I already know that.

I was just wondering if there would be some communication to explain what the process will be to sign up to contribute to HSL from tomorrow.

Andy74
01-02-2015, 06:11 PM
I've not heard anything from HSL yet. If its just a reminder to say the launch is tomorrow, OK, but I already know that.

I was just wondering if there would be some communication to explain what the process will be to sign up to contribute to HSL from tomorrow.

Will that not be the launch? Which is tomorrow by the way.

jonty
01-02-2015, 06:12 PM
And what else to you want as a reminder that HSL launches tomorrow.

"Contacted today" implied something with a bit more detail.
ie check the website tomorrow at xxx time for the signup process etc etc.

They're hyping up members 1 and 1875 so details on how to become #1 would be start.

that's all :na na:

emerald green
01-02-2015, 06:14 PM
Will that not be the launch? Which is tomorrow by the way.

Yes, I know the launch is tomorrow. Am I missing the point? Sorry if I'm being slow. Can you expand please? Cheers.:confused:

Saturday Boy
01-02-2015, 06:15 PM
For those who have not yet received an email, this is what I received.

http://communicatoremail.com/FS/3272/Images/hsl%20header.jpg

Become a Member and Get a Very Special Squad Number!

A place in history awaits you. On Monday 2 (http://www.hibs.net/x-apple-data-detectors://0)nd (http://www.hibs.net/x-apple-data-detectors://0) February at 9.00am (http://www.hibs.net/x-apple-data-detectors://0) we officially launch Hibernian Supporters Limited, giving supporters the chance to buy a meaningful stake in their Club and be part of a democratic collective that will give us a greater voice in our Club.

Supporters who donate become members and will be presented with a Membership Certificate that is the legal equivalent to a Share Certificate and prove their part ownership of HSL.

There are two very special Membership numbers, ONE and EIGHTEENSEVENTYFIVE. Move quickly for number ONE as the early bird gets the ONE.

EIGHTEENSEVENTYFIVE will take slightly longer and who knows whom it will be.

Special prizes are on offer to the lucky individuals and they will receive their Membership Certificate at a special presentation at Easter Road Stadium.

Don’t delay and join the evolution from Monday.

http://communicatoremail.com/FS/3272/Images/UNSUBSCRIBE%20BUTTON.jpg

(http://communicatoremail.com/In/75008654/0/Ykw20p2i8sLEr29DgEk9jCZICqMoQ9Ni71PPQEbsR_%7e/)

emerald green
01-02-2015, 06:17 PM
"Contacted today" implied something with a bit more detail.
ie check the website tomorrow at xxx time for the signup process etc etc.

They're hyping up members 1 and 1875 so details on how to become #1 would be start.

:agree:

RCNG
01-02-2015, 09:34 PM
Nothing in the email about how to buy the shares. Anyone able to advise?

DaveF
01-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Nothing in the email about how to buy the shares. Anyone able to advise?

I assume you are talking about the HSL option? If so, I'm guessing how to apply for that will be released tomorrow when they launch.

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Pass :greengrin

Colin Millar emailed a PDF of the letter to me earlier this evening.

RCNG
01-02-2015, 09:39 PM
I assume you are talking about the HSL option? If so, I'm guessing how to apply for that will be released tomorrow when they launch.

Yeah. I thought they would've let everyone know how to do it that's all. Cheers

matty_f
01-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Colin Millar emailed a PDF of the letter to me earlier this evening.

Can you forward that on to me mate?

Danderhall Hibs
01-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Can you forward that on to me mate?

done

matty_f
01-02-2015, 10:05 PM
done

:aok: cheers.

Global Hibby
01-02-2015, 10:39 PM
The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next

What would you guess his budget to be to the nearest 100,000 ?

Hermit Crab
01-02-2015, 10:41 PM
The quicker we all sign up the sooner Stubbs will know his budget for next

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2015, 11:17 PM

What would the budget have been if your failed takeover had succeeded? You know the one you told me about in that PM with the right people who ticked all the boxes?:confused:

Global Hibby
01-02-2015, 11:33 PM

Sorry, maybe i was not clear......

what do you think the annual salary cost is of the first team squad.......that is AS budget area.

Are you thinking the share offering will raise an additional 400k ?

greenginger
01-02-2015, 11:41 PM

what do you think the annual salary cost is of the first team squad.......that is AS budget area.

400,000 is an old joke around here.

When Vlad took over our neighbours his media spokespeople conducted a survey and concluded there were 400,000 people worldwide, global in fact, who supported Hearts.

Since then any reference to 400,000 is part of an ongoing piss take.

You'll get use to the humour on here, ...... eventually.

Global Hibby
01-02-2015, 11:48 PM
400,000 is an old joke around here.

When Vlad took over our neighbours his media spokespeople conducted a survey and concluded there were 400,000 people worldwide, global in fact, who supported Hearts.

Since then any reference to 400,000 is part of an ongoing piss take.

You'll get use to the humour on here, ...... eventually.

Maybe by the time the loan is paid off, I will get the humour ;-)

cheers !

Gerard
01-02-2015, 11:54 PM

cheers !

What do you think is the best financial route for Hibs?

Andy74
02-02-2015, 12:11 AM

cheers !

Pay it then. Put up or shut up.

Benny Brazil
02-02-2015, 12:23 AM

So many questions GH - how about some solutions?
You obviously a fairly successful businessman - give us your blueprint for how you would take the club forward?

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 12:23 AM
What do you think is the best financial route for Hibs?

The 5m debt is made up of two components......3m to,STF that has been outstanding for years and am told 1.8m is the number paid to settle bank debt.

right now the solution is pay off 5m over ten years hopefully with the aid of shares issue scheme.

The club made a loss of 1.2m last year and has had only one year of profit since 2010. Yet many people on here say the debt is manageable and seem to ignore the constant losses backwards.

Now, STF says he is in favour of community ownership and sets the 500k pa payment and a value on the club of 5m.

i think STF should at the very least park the initial debt of 3m until at least 2 consecutive years of profit and only take payment on the 1.8 he recently spent.

This would mean that the 500k would become 200k pa payment until the club was back in profit.

Its there in black and white in the accounts that the club over borrowed and was only able to make payments by borrowing again to pay the bank loans.

Until we all agree that position then the various groups will fight with each other and this share offer will only buy a bit more time in my opinion before a bigger problem comes along.

marinello59
02-02-2015, 12:30 AM
The 5m debt is made up of two components......3m to,STF that has been outstanding for years and am told 1.8m is the number paid to settle bank debt.

right now the solution is pay off 5m over ten years hopefully with the aid of shares issue scheme.

The club made a loss of 1.2m last year and has had only one year of profit since 2010. Yet many people on here say the debt is manageable and seem to ignore the constant losses backwards.

Now, STF says he is in favour of community ownership and sets the 500k pa payment and a value on the club of 5m.

i think STF should at the very least park the initial debt of 3m until at least 2 consecutive years of profit and only take payment on the 1.8 he recently spent.

This would mean that the 500k would become 200k pa payment until the club was back in profit.

Its there in black and white in the accounts that the club over borrowed and was only able to make payments by borrowing again to pay the bank loans.

Until we all agree that position then the various groups will fight with each other and this share offer will only buy a bit more time in my opinion before a bigger problem comes along.

Do you have £3 mill that you could chuck in the pot and leave for a few years then gathering no interest?

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 12:30 AM
So many questions GH - how about some solutions?
You obviously a fairly successful businessman - give us your blueprint for how you would take the club forward?

The first thing I would do is in my reply to G........plus

HSL is meant to negotiate as an independent body with club...........many people on here Caversham, Crops to name two seem to think what i have said to G is nonsense and that there is no conflict having LD as CEO of HSL.

I believe there is conflict as the CEO should be leading what i just described.

you can either agree or disagree......it a choice each of us has to make.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 12:37 AM
Do you have £3 mill that you could chuck in the pot and leave for a few years then gathering no interest?

Dont deflect it to me...........its irrelevant to what is happening......but that is the tactic of the HSL in favour and the STF is a generous man group.

Seems you are one of them....you accuse me of getting my arithmetic wrong then say nothing when its your arithmetic that was incorrect.

make comment on the points i make and not me.

The path has been chosen so it will only change direction if it fails to deliver...we will see if it delivers.

marinello59
02-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Dont deflect it to me...........its irrelevant to what is happening......but that is the tactic of the HSL in favour and the STF is a generous man group.

Seems you are one of them....you accuse me of getting my arithmetic wrong then say nothing when its your arithmetic that was incorrect.

make comment on the points i make and not me.

The path has been chosen so it will only change direction if it fails to deliver...we will see if it delivers.

Deflect it on to you? You are the one who first came in here to lead us to the promised land and then disappeared for months on end until this share issue was about to be launched.
You failed to clarify that your figures were based on your belief that the 3 million should be deferred. So nothing wrong with my arithmetic at that point in the thread.
Touchy when challenged aren't you? I don't see that I have insulted you there in any way.OK for you to call other posters liars though.

Phoenix
02-02-2015, 05:19 AM

Sadly, I think Global Hibby is correct in his assesment. :-(

What is vital is that we get out of this division this year and revenue (from all sources) needs to increase substantially if the club is to make any headway at all in reducing it's debt. That will be very difficult to do even in normal circumstances and nigh on impossible if we stay down in the championship.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Deflect it on to you? You are the one who first came in here to lead us to the promised land and then disappeared for months on end until this share issue was about to be launched.
You failed to clarify that your figures were based on your belief that the 3 million should be deferred. So nothing wrong with my arithmetic at that point in the thread.
Touchy when challenged aren't you? I don't see that I have insulted you there in any way.OK for you to call other posters liars though.

Personal deflection again and no substance regarding the the points i made !!

Just shows how correct i am in my assessment and you must have great conversation with the other deflectors on here.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 06:26 AM
Sadly, I think Global Hibby is correct in his assesment. :-(

What is vital is that we get out of this division this year and revenue (from all sources) needs to increase substantially if the club is to make any headway at all in reducing it's debt. That will be very difficult to do even in normal circumstances and nigh on impossible if we stay down in the championship.

Do you not find it strange that the supposed experts on here re finances....cant seem to spot that one......hidden agendas or what !

So obvious re borrowings and do not forget we were doing that in the SPFL !!!

marinello59
02-02-2015, 06:33 AM
Do you not find it strange that the supposed experts on here re finances....cant seem to spot that one......hidden agendas or what !

So obvious re borrowings and do not forget we were doing that in the SPFL !!!

What happened to make comment on the points I make and not me?
Supposed experts ? Maybe you could respond to them directly rather than throwing out blanket insults.

madhatter
02-02-2015, 06:55 AM
Thing that annoys me is that we criticise Hearts (rightly) for not paying their debts but seemingly some fans want us to do the same?? Also, some fans seem happy to discuss the financial viability of their club but either won't do anything or are unwilling to even contemplate doing anything to remedy the problem. Club would survive in championship for another season if supporters turn up on Saturdays and people buy shirts etc. Wouldn't be ideal in anyway but this doomsday scenario is tiresome. Some fans seem to forget to fulfil a few key principles of being a supporter.

Mikey
02-02-2015, 06:57 AM
The best thing about the structure of the share issue is that it'll give the silent majority a real voice while the dafties who would like to get the paws on the club will be sidelined even more.

marinello59
02-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Thing that annoys me is that we criticise Hearts (rightly) for not paying their debts but seemingly some fans want us to do the same?? Also, some fans seem happy to discuss the financial viability of their club but either won't do anything or are unwilling to even contemplate doing anything to remedy the problem. Club would survive in championship for another season if supporters turn up on Saturdays and people buy shirts etc. Wouldn't be ideal in anyway but this doomsday scenario is tiresome. Some fans seem to forget to fulfil a few key principles of being a supporter.

It is worth remembering that the biggest single thing we can do as fans is to keep paying to attend matches. We have been pretty good at that really despite the predicament we are in.

Caversham Green
02-02-2015, 07:02 AM

HSL is meant to negotiate as an independent body with club...........many people on here Caversham, Crops to name two seem to think what i have said to G is nonsense and that there is no conflict having LD as CEO of HSL.

I must have missed Caversham saying that.

Ronniekirk
02-02-2015, 07:28 AM
It is worth remembering that the biggest single thing we can do as fans is to keep paying to attend matches. We have been pretty good at that really despite the predicament we are in.

We have ,but on the back of some high scoring games and the away victory against Q of the South I was disappointed by Saturday's crowd . if we start to slip to nearer 9 thousand than 10 when on a decent run and playing good football it's a wee bit of a concern for me .

bighairyfaeleith
02-02-2015, 07:52 AM
Well I'll be signing up in about ten minutes time.

Jack
02-02-2015, 08:12 AM

I'm not sure your take on the loan and where it is accurately reflected in how Hibs work is fair.

I really don't know why it would have to be explained but here goes ...

There are fixed costs that Hibs need to pay to keep the show on the road. These include rates, gas, electricity, some staff costs and debt repayments. All that is budgeted for.

Then there's variables and I'd suggest that will be the difference between the higher costs associated with putting out a team of good players rather than journeymen players, Leigh Griffiths as opposed to Rowan Vine, for example.

Any losses we've made will have been as a result of overspending on the variables.

I do fully get the argument around who is responsible for the losses and accumulated debt. However I think that would need a thread on its own to do it justice and I doubt we'd be too far apart on that one.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 08:23 AM
I'm not sure your take on the loan and where it is accurately reflected in how Hibs work is fair.

I really don't know why it would have to be explained but here goes ...

There are fixed costs that Hibs need to pay to keep the show on the road. These include rates, gas, electricity, some staff costs and debt repayments. All that is budgeted for.

Then there's variables and I'd suggest that will be the difference between the higher costs associated with putting out a team of good players rather than journeymen players, Leigh Griffiths as opposed to Rowan Vine, for example.

Any losses we've made will have been as a result of overspending on the variables.

I do fully get the argument around who is responsible for the losses and accumulated debt. However I think that would need a thread on its own to do it justice and I doubt we'd be too far apart on that one.

Jack,

Set up a thread to discuss finances as I agree it's a big subject and massively important one.

May I suggest a structure....

1. Agree where we have come from
2. Establish we are today.
3. Try and agree an end goal.
4. Work out a way to get to that goal.

Perhaps, that will help the various groups to come together and be united.

bighairyfaeleith
02-02-2015, 08:25 AM
Thats me signed up.

bighairyfaeleith
02-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Jack,

Set up a thread to discuss finances as I agree it's a big subject and massively important one.

If you are what you say you are, why not join up with HSL and have a voice through it and try to influence the club that way. Once HSL has 51% of the shares it can decide how we proceed, at 26% we will have a diretcor on the board. If you want a say, put up.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 08:28 AM
We have ,but on the back of some high scoring games and the away victory against Q of the South I was disappointed by Saturday's crowd . if we start to slip to nearer 9 thousand than 10 when on a decent run and playing good football it's a wee bit of a concern for me .

Ronnie,

i agree re supporting the club in every way we can.

the thing is though....even if we had 15000 season ticket holders the income would only be circa £3m

The projected financial picture is not great and is worrying !

Based on my calculations we will have a player budget of 1m to 1.5m per annum for first team squad.

20 players at 50k per annum is 1m.

greenginger
02-02-2015, 08:32 AM

I don't see where you get the figure of £ 3 million being due to STF (presume parent company ) for years.

2011 accounts , clause 19, inter company balance £ 1,250,000 ( 2010 - nil )

And that was mostly the cost of the new East Stand , I see no £ 3 million.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 08:43 AM

HSL articles of association are pretty clear about why it exists and the limits of its purpose - not really a business.

Are you telling people here that in your experience there is some sort of conflict in Dempster holding a position in more than one organisation? Are you saying that a conflict automatically arises in this position or is it just this one you don't like?

If it is just this arrangement let us know what the conflict actually is here as it might help stem the flow of people using their own instincts to sign up to the clubs plan.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2015, 09:20 AM
I don't see where you get the figure of £ 3 million being due to STF (presume parent company ) for years.

2011 accounts , clause 19, inter company balance £ 1,250,000 ( 2010 - nil )

And that was mostly the cost of the new East Stand , I see no £ 3 million.
Don't have the accounts in front of me, but from memory the amounts due to HFC in total increased by 1 or 1.5m between July 2013 and 2014.

That probably increased again before December, if I heard RP/LD right last week.

matty_f
02-02-2015, 09:28 AM

HSL is not supposed to negotiate as an independent body, as far as I can see, it's sole purpose is to collect money to buy shares at a pre-agreed price.

How can a conflict of interests arise from that arrangement?

Andy74
02-02-2015, 09:31 AM
Jack,

Or we can just get on with backing the club's plans.

Fed up of folk like you harping from the sidelines without the ability or means to do anything about it.

Global Hibby
02-02-2015, 09:37 AM
HSL is not supposed to negotiate as an independent body, as far as I can see, it's sole purpose is to collect money to buy shares at a pre-agreed price.

Pre agreed price is the key Matty

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

Pretty easy to see how the price was agreed !

i see that as a problem when agreeing a price.

Jack
02-02-2015, 09:39 AM
Jack,

Dear Global Hibby

Thank you for the opportunity to become your secretary. I feel I must decline at this time. :greengrin

I have retired, two years now almost. I know, I know, I'm far too young, still way off getting my bus pass :boo hoo:, it was a lifestyle choice and I'm just loving it! The freedom to do what I please, when I please is one which has brought rewards beyond that which I ever thought possible. I'm so busy now and don't have the will or inclination, to phaff about starting controversial threads on dotnet that would bring nothing but grieff! Nor indeed the time to contribute to such a thread in a meaningful way.

[You didn't mention a remuneration package did you? International travel? I could make myself available for that :agree: No :cool2:, maybe some other time then :wink:]

Yours sincerely

Jack
(Ret'd)

greenlex
02-02-2015, 09:43 AM

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

i see that as a problem when agreeing a price. 2.5 million for a 50% stake in a company worth north of 20 odd million seems more than a fair price to me. How much should we be paying? Nothing? £1?

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2015, 09:43 AM

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

Agree what price???

Step 1 - STF restructured the debt of £9.5m to £5m, which is now owed to the holding company instead of the bank. £500k a year for 10 years interest free

Step 2 - Hibs announce a share launch. New shares being produced to equate to 51% of the club. Value of £2.5m which will be spent on wages, transfer fees, etc.

Step 3 - HSL is formed simply to buy shares in the club on behalf of supporters.

Why are people trying to over-complicate things???

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2015, 09:44 AM

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

The price was decided by the Board of the club.

AFAIK, LD is not CEO of HSL.

JimBHibees
02-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Agree what price???

Step 1 - STF restructured the debt of £9.5m to £5m, which is now owed to the holding company instead of the bank. £500k a year for 10 years interest free

Step 2 - Hibs announce a share launch. New shares being produced to equate to 51% of the club. Value of £2.5m which will be spent on wages, transfer fees, etc.

Step 3 - HSL is formed simply to buy shares in the club on behalf of supporters.

Because they are determined that it doesnt work.

Caversham Green
02-02-2015, 09:46 AM

I think there is a theoretical conflict of interest (and I'm rather irritated that Global Hibby has attributed the opposite view to me) in that Leeann finds herself on both sides of the shareholder/director relationship. However, I think the chances of an actual conflict arising are too remote to concern anyone.

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

And I can't make any sense of that.

Eric
02-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Dear Global Hibby

Thank you for the opportunity to become your secretary. I feel I must decline at this time. :greengrin

I have retired, two years now almost. I know, I know, I'm far too young, still way off getting my bus pass :boo hoo:, it was a lifestyle choice and I'm just loving it! The freedom to do what I please, when I please is one which has brought rewards beyond that which I ever thought possible. I'm so busy now and don't have the will or inclination, to phaff about starting controversial threads on dotnet that would bring nothing but grieff! Nor indeed the time to contribute to such a thread in a meaningful way.

[You didn't mention a remuneration package did you? International travel? I could make myself available for that :agree: No :cool2:, maybe some other time then :wink:]

Yours sincerely

Jack
(Ret'd)

Jack I really do think you are doing Global Hibby a great disservice what with the great work he is doing uniting fans in favour of HSL. I'm now in!

Gerard
02-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Jack I really do think you are doing Global Hibby a great disservice what with the great work he is doing uniting fans in favour of HSL. I'm now in!

:top marks

Mikey
02-02-2015, 10:03 AM
Or we can just get on with backing the club's plans.

Fed up of folk like you harping from the sidelines without the ability or means to do anything about it.

He's a fantastic advert for fan ownership :greengrin

stokesmessiah
02-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Has anyone signed up for HSL yet?

I intended to sign up to make the monthly payments, but does anyone know when they come out ???

madhatter
02-02-2015, 10:08 AM

I intended to sign up to make the monthly payments, but does anyone know when they come out ???

I have. It said they planned to take funds on the 6th February, if I remember correctly.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2015, 10:08 AM
I love this bit from the statement today -

It’s a win-win situation that has won the overwhelming backing of the Hibernian support at large, with fan website polls showing huge support for the Board’s plan to widen ownership.

Mikey
02-02-2015, 10:09 AM

I've just done it right now and dead easy it was too!

I don't have a date for the first payment yet but might get that when I get the confirmation e-mail.

stokesmessiah
02-02-2015, 10:09 AM
I have. It said they planned to take funds on the 6th February, if I remember correctly.

:aok:

Thank you.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 10:12 AM

LD is CEO of Hibs
LD is CEO of HSL

Can't see how that was the basis for calculating the price, but even if it was it seems the price is okay with many. As ever if you don't like it, no one says it's compulsory.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 10:16 AM
I think there is a theoretical conflict of interest (and I'm rather irritated that Global Hibby has attributed the opposite view to me) in that Leeann finds herself on both sides of the shareholder/director relationship. However, I think the chances of an actual conflict arising are too remote to concern anyone.

And I can't make any sense of that.
Agreed, and there's a transparent conflict clause in the HSL articles so I don't plan to fixate on this concern for too long.

Mikey
02-02-2015, 10:49 AM

Yep, that's what I got too.

CropleyWasGod
02-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Agreed, and there's a transparent conflict clause in the HSL articles so I don't plan to fixate on this concern for too long.
Again. There are 5? other directors, with the possibility of more from among the members.

If there is any perceived conflict, it can be dealt with easily.

NAE NOOKIE
02-02-2015, 11:07 AM

Me too mate ..... I have sent a second E Mail today .... who would have thought it would be this difficult to give money away :bitchy:

emerald green
02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Thats me signed up to HSL. All very simple and straightforward. Just waiting on an email confirmation of DD set up.

Hoping there is a huge take up and that the fans become owners of our club.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Again. There are 5? other directors, with the possibility of more from among the members.

If there is any perceived conflict, it can be dealt with easily.

:agree: And looking at them its fair to say they are likely to have the fans interests at heart IMO

GreenOnions
02-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Thats me signed up to HSL. All very simple and straightforward. Just waiting on an email confirmation of DD set up.

Hoping there is a huge take up and that the fans become owners of our club.

How did you manage this? I have trawled through the HSL website but have found it impossible to do. Clicking on the "Contribute" or "donate" options brings up relevant pages but there are then no options to proceed - just text. What am I doing wrong?

kennyh
02-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Signed up, took a minute to confirm basic details. Confirmation came through a few mins later, DD set up for the 6th.

GreenOnions
02-02-2015, 11:43 AM
How did you manage this? I have trawled through the HSL website but have found it impossible to do. Clicking on the "Contribute" or "donate" options brings up relevant pages but there are then no options to proceed - just text. What am I doing wrong?

Ah - I have just worked out that the payment options etc don't appear when I open in Chrome. When I open in IE it works. My own settings must be wonky in some way. Process simple after that and another sign-up for HSL on board :-)

BenjiOscar
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Signed up for HSL. Straightforward enough process to just set up email and password for the GoContactless account and then the monthly payment. Got email back almost immediately thereafter confirming arrangements and that first payment due out on or shortly after 6th February.

Ceebs
02-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Also signed up with HSL, very simple to set up as well. Here's hoping many others also do it.

GGTTH

emerald green
02-02-2015, 12:01 PM

Ah - I have just worked out that the payment options etc don't appear when I open in Chrome. When I open in IE it works. My own settings must be wonky in some way. Process simple after that and another sign-up for HSL on board :-)

I was away for a wee while and was about to answer your first post when I noticed your second one. Glad you got signed up OK. Hope there are lots more to come. :aok:

Eyrie
02-02-2015, 06:22 PM
Me too mate ..... I have sent a second E Mail today .... who would have thought it would be this difficult to give money away :bitchy:

The club.

I'm still waiting for that letter that is meant to have been issued to everyone on the database and have had no reply to my email. Until I know what's happening there I can't commit to HSL because I don't know how much I'll be paying to them from my overall budget for this.

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Agree what price???

Because apparently STF did not rate him or any of his cronies as good enough to own Hibs, its clear to me why STF thought this and for once in my puff i agree with him.

Bostonhibby
02-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Because apparently STF did not rate him or any of his cronies as good enough to own Hibs, its clear to me why STF thought this and for once in my puff i agree with him.

:agree: The heart of the matter I suspect.

micksoo
02-02-2015, 07:37 PM
Signed up

semaj64
02-02-2015, 07:42 PM
For those that have signed up can you specify when the DD comes out , I get paid on 15th of month so 6th Feb not good for me

emerald green
02-02-2015, 07:54 PM
For those that have signed up can you specify when the DD comes out , I get paid on 15th of month so 6th Feb not good for me

The automatic email I received simply states that GoCardless will debit your bank account by DD on or shortly after 06 February 2015.

At the end of the email it also says "If there is an issue with this payment please contact Hibernian Supporters Limited".

I'm not sure if this helps, or if there's any scope as to what date money can be taken from any given account.