PDA

View Full Version : Will You Take Part In The Share Issue?

HNA7
30-01-2015, 01:54 PM
It's not quite a straightforward Yes or No but it's not far off it. There are plenty of other discussion threads so just vote!

GreenPJ
30-01-2015, 02:01 PM
It's not quite a straightforward Yes or No but it's not far off it. There are plenty of other discussion threads so just vote!

I will probably do both but at the same time I am surprised by the negativity towards the HSL scheme. I am not sure what value it would really bring having 15%-20% of the voting power lie with individual shareholders.

NadeAteMyLunch!
30-01-2015, 02:47 PM
100% yes

offshorehibby
30-01-2015, 03:16 PM
I already have shares at the moment i intend to take up more shares myself and also through HSL. If i could be convinced that everybody backing HSL was the best option as a collective of fans i would go down the HSL route solely.

Easy to say when you already have a wee batch of shares.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I will definitely buy, however I have no idea how I am going to do it. I don't get the chance to go to games nearly as often as I would like so this seems a great way for me to contribute.

I believe in the current regime and the changes taking place and that is reason enough for em to get involved. :aok:

Allant1981
30-01-2015, 06:18 PM
I have shares already so but ill be buying some more, feels good being part of the club

emerald green
30-01-2015, 06:51 PM
That's 85% of those who have voted so far have voted yes to buying shares in one form or another. I wonder if all these people are happy to be "shaken down"? :wink:

Saturday Boy
30-01-2015, 06:54 PM
That's 85% of those who have voted so far have voted yes to buying shares in one form or another. I wonder if all these people are happy to be "shaken down"? :wink:

Good question. Personally, I've been all shook up for years, so shaken down will be a bit of a change of direction. :wink:

snedzuk
30-01-2015, 07:52 PM
I will buy shares through one vehicle or another assuming the club ever gets around to sending me the much vaunted letter - on the database / ST holder / emailed them / no letter (wife the same and no letter also).

thebakerboy
30-01-2015, 08:08 PM
I am unable to vote on this as yet because I intend to buy but I am unsure which way I wish to go. So far the fact I have had no contact from club or HSL is making it difficult to decide which way to go. I am getting a wee bit frustrated , c'mon Hibs give me a clue!!!!!

Eyrie
30-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I was always planning to buy direct but will now join HSL as well.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Id prefer to buy direct but it doesn't look possible for me, so I will be using the HSL option.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Can't vote on phone but it's option 3 for me.

matty_f
31-01-2015, 09:21 AM
That's showing the results at the moment with 87.24% of the vote taking shares in some form - does that mean Hibs.net backs the scheme?? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-01-2015, 09:25 AM
That's showing the results at the moment with 87.24% of the vote taking shares in some form - does that mean Hibs.net backs the scheme?? :greengrin

It's 50/50.

matty_f
31-01-2015, 09:25 AM
It's 50/50.

:hilarious

McD
31-01-2015, 09:26 AM
I would like to buy shares direct, however I don't think I'm on the database any more (not a season ticket holder and haven't been able to get tickets for a long time). :boo hoo::grr:

Bostonhibby
31-01-2015, 09:30 AM

I wouldn't have said yes if some financial expert somewhere hadn't told me it was a "Ponzi" - great name, that's what clinched the deal.

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2015, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=snedzuk;4287975]I will buy shares through one vehicle or another assuming the club ever gets around to sending me the much vaunted letter

My position too. It appears I am not the only one who didn't get the original letter and has had no response to an E Mail to the address on the official site sent over a week ago :confused:

emerald green
31-01-2015, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't have said yes if some financial expert somewhere hadn't told me it was a "Ponzi" - great name, that's what clinched the deal.

:greengrin

semaj64
31-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Yes if I can work out how to afford it

Eyrie
31-01-2015, 10:02 AM

We're using the proceeds to sign someone called Ponzi? What position does he play?

Stonewall
31-01-2015, 10:03 AM
I have reservations about the concept of fan ownership and how it would work in practice, particularly in relation to our ability to live within our means, the costs of future bank borrowings and the availability of credit. It's unfortunate that all the noise has diverted attention away and prevented a proper debate.

Anyway, if I ever get the letter I will invest but haven't decided how yet.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2015, 10:06 AM
We're using the proceeds to sign someone called Ponzi? What position does he play?

I think it was HOH supporters who mentioned it so maybe they have had him watched :dunno: At a guess, it might be full back side or left in dressing room?

Allant1981
31-01-2015, 10:16 AM
I would like to buy shares direct, however I don't think I'm on the database any more (not a season ticket holder and haven't been able to get tickets for a long time). :boo hoo::grr:

To buy shares direct do you not need to have shares already? If so then you will be on the database

emerald green
31-01-2015, 10:19 AM
To buy shares direct do you not need to have shares already? If so then you will be on the database

What makes you think that? That's not the case as far as I'm aware. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not I'm correct?

franks
31-01-2015, 10:23 AM
Voted yes to buying direct but still waiting on a letter/form to allow me to do this. Been a season ticket holder for many years and have contacted shares@hibernianfc.co.uk but still no response.

Bostonhibby
31-01-2015, 10:30 AM
What makes you think that? That's not the case as far as I'm aware. Maybe someone can confirm whether or not I'm correct?
It's not the case. Private individuals who are not shareholders can buy so long as they have sought financial advice first.

emerald green
31-01-2015, 10:32 AM
It's not the case. Private individuals who are not shareholders can buy so long as they have sought financial advice first.

That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming this. :aok:

Eyrie
31-01-2015, 11:00 AM

You also have to be on the database (easily enough done) and have received the missing letter (not so easily done). Petrie! :grr:

Andy74
31-01-2015, 11:18 AM
If I can buy direct somehow I will do that.

Just for HoH I am now inclined to chuck some into HSL too. Thanks lads.

Mikey
31-01-2015, 11:20 AM
If I can buy direct somehow I will do that.

Just for HoH I am now inclined to chuck some into HSL too. Thanks lads.

I've spoken to a few people who are saying just that.

matty_f
31-01-2015, 11:30 AM
I've spoken to a few people who are saying just that.

They definitely nudged me in that direction as well. I hadn't really considered the HSL option as I would have preferred to buy direct, but after all that's gone on and the responses and communication from HSL, I'm comfortable that, for me, they're a good fit.

kaimendhibs
31-01-2015, 11:30 AM
Yes

Hibby D
31-01-2015, 11:43 AM
I took time out after the AGM to ask questions of Kenny McCaskill and Charlie Reid; primarily why they've accepted the invite to become involved. I liked their answers, and their enthusiasm for the scheme. Between chatting with them, having total trust in the knowledge and experience LD brings to the table, and reading the many and varied opinions on here, I'm now going to take up the option of HSL instead of buying further shares direct.

I don't have mountains of cash, and very little of it is spare, but I've read and heard enough to convince me that HSL is the simplest way towards fans owning 51% :agree:

offshorehibby
31-01-2015, 12:09 PM
I took time out after the AGM to ask questions of Kenny McCaskill and Charlie Reid; primarily why they've accepted the invite to become involved. I liked their answers, and their enthusiasm for the scheme. Between chatting with them, having total trust in the knowledge and experience LD brings to the table, and reading the many and varied opinions on here, I'm now going to take up the option of HSL instead of buying further shares direct.

I don't have mountains of cash, and very little of it is spare, but I've read and heard enough to convince me that HSL is the simplest way towards fans owning 51% :agree:

i all ready have shares and was probably going to buy direct and via HSL if i can be convinced that HSL would be the beat option for fan ownership i would stick with that.

Was there anything in particular that convinced you.

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2015, 12:33 PM

What were their reasons, particularly CR's?

IIRC, he was at the forefront of the Petrie Out campaign. Not that the two are incompatible, of course.

Didn't know that KM is a Hibby, TBH.

Last Minute
31-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Yes for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibby D
31-01-2015, 10:46 PM
i all ready have shares and was probably going to buy direct and via HSL if i can be convinced that HSL would be the beat option for fan ownership i would stick with that.

Was there anything in particular that convinced you.

What were their reasons, particularly CR's?

IIRC, he was at the forefront of the Petrie Out campaign. Not that the two are incompatible, of course.

Didn't know that KM is a Hibby, TBH.

Charlie was probably the one out the two who sold it most to me. He'd probably come the furthest journey from a figurehead in the Petrie Out Campaign to becoming a figurehead in HSL. He spoke of "strength in numbers" and HSL afforded the fans that opportunity. He said something along the lines of it being the fairest approach to fan ownership in that no one member could hold any more power or influence over any other irrespective of how much they 'invested'. One investment = one vote. He thought maybe the maximum any one fan might donate was around the 10k mark (dunno if he was meaning himself in that though 😊)

KM was very enthusiastic, and I think the very fact he was willing to put his name against it was reassuring. In case anyone is interested HIBS were his boyhood team; his chosen career path having the biggest impact on his ability to attend ER with any frequency. Made a wee joke about his ex-boss' allegiances and I took from that he has more than one foot firmly entrenched at ER.

I also spoke Briefly with Stephen Dunn but only to reminisce over the fine bottle of red we once shared when he guested on our radio show. - The very fact Stephen is throwing his hat in the ring enhances my growing enthusiasm for HSL.

The rest is up to us fans I guess :agree:

Ashtead Hibs
01-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Can anyone advise whether it would be possible to have a family member who is a shareholder to buy shares and then transfer them into your name? Would this be cheaper than going through an IFA?

Mikey
01-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Can anyone advise whether it would be possible to have a family member who is a shareholder to buy shares and then transfer them into your name? Would this be cheaper than going through an IFA?

It should be ok, although you have to hold the shares for 6 months before transferring them out.

Bostonhibby
01-02-2015, 10:51 AM
You can, I have done it. No charge by the club Secretary at the time