PDA

View Full Version : Golf Shop

CB_NO3
30-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Any keen golfers here? I bought myself a set of irons from Amazon in the January sale. I also bought myself a driving iron in the sale but the dafty that I am, I only bought the head of the club rather than the whole club, which leads to me my next question. Where is Edinburgh can I get a shaft and grip added to my head to make it a full club? I tried that place in down Seafield but they don't have the facilities anymore.

Thanks in advance.
CB

Mr White
30-01-2015, 01:40 PM
the shop at braids driving range might do it, otherwise try one if the clubs like craigmillar park or Prestonfield as they'll probably do it in their pro shops, not sure what prices would be like for a non member though.

lyonhibs
30-01-2015, 02:59 PM
Any keen golfers here? I bought myself a set of irons from Amazon in the January sale. I also bought myself a driving iron in the sale but the dafty that I am, I only bought the head of the club rather than the whole club, which leads to me my next question. Where is Edinburgh can I get a shaft and grip added to my head to make it a full club? I tried that place in down Seafield but they don't have the facilities anymore.

Thanks in advance.
CB

How is that even possible??

PercyHibs
30-01-2015, 04:47 PM

Thanks in advance.
CB

i would just get one at the braids. they'll be able to tell you which shaft is best for you too which is important.

Scouse Hibee
30-01-2015, 04:56 PM

My thoughts exactly!

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Its an easy mistake to make, amazon and ebay sell golf heads all the time and you put the shaft on that suites you best later.

If you dont read the write up properly you can make some big mistakes, my mate bought i lovely driver a taylor made slider. Its a cracking club but he's useless with it.

I could have told him he'd not be able to use a left handed club if he'd asked me. :greengrin

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:59 PM

Thanks in advance.
CB

Loads of places do it but cost will depend on what kind of club it is and what type of shaft you want.

I got a set of pong eye 2 irons off ebay and I only noticed a few months later that the shafts were bent at the hosel on two clubs. Replacing the shafts would cost about £50 each for a bog standard steel shaft and options were limited as they require taper tips.

Moral is that you should just buy the whole thing if you can and only worry about reshafting clubs that need repaired or upgraded.

Carheenlea
30-01-2015, 10:58 PM
A friend of mine bought a couple of Titleist Vokey wedges on e-bay for what he thought was a steal for such quality equipment. When they arrived and he opened the box, they were left handed clubs :LOL:

Godsahibby
31-01-2015, 10:21 AM
The boy at Craigmillar Park is really good. I went to him after a recommendation on here when I needed my driver re-shafted, he was great did it there and then and had a good chat with him when he was doing it.