PDA

View Full Version : Life Goes On (After May 2012)

Turkish Green
30-01-2015, 11:26 AM
I was at Hampden in 2012 (and 2006) to see us get well beaten (refereeing decisions apart) by the yams. On the bus home I did not speak to anybody. I got home and did not speak to my wife. I was in a foul mood. I went to our music room, stuck on some headphones, cranked the volume up, cracked open a bottle of whisky (Macallans) and duly got obliterated. Next morning I woke up still grumpy (with a massive headache) but at least I was speaking to the wife.

Eventually I got over the hurt and that result got assigned to the back of my memory. I no longer think about that day (the game or the result). However, I did hope that by now the yams would have followed their Glaswegian cousins and be playing in Div 3 but the jammy ******** got out of paying their debts due to Romanov’s empire going belly flop. What Budgie eventually paid for the club was pennies in the pound.

Anyway, my question is: why do so many on this forum care so much about the goings on at the PBS? Why are there many on here that scrutinize the minutia of goings on. I admit to having a healthy interest in what happens ON-the-field but only little interest in what happenings OFF-the-field.

So, am I abnormal in not having any deep feelings of hate towards them? I think I already may know the answer to that.

Tomorrow we will see if their on-the-field bubble has burst.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2015, 11:30 AM
I remember that day in 2012 as the day The Hammers won the play-offs.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2015, 11:43 AM
For some reason, I stayed to the end that day. My dad chose to leave early as he couldnt watch their fans celebrate any longer. The coach journey home was miserable. But then in the evening we had a mini house party, watched the champions league final and drank Jager and whisky till around 4am. We had a great night. It was that or wallow in self pity. I also dont think I looked on here once that night.
The following day I had to make my way home from Leith to Fife, and saw several of them preparing for their parade. Made me feel ill.

I will be completely honest in saying that I am now completely over that day. I rarely think about it. I laugh at their pathetic 5-1 attempts, their "should've been 10" songs. If we're honest, we would all be the same. The result now means much more to them than it does to us.
Relegation last season hurt me a lot more than that game did. The way it happened, the fact we couldve been in the top league without Hearts or Rangers. But you know what, I'm enjoying being a Hibs fan again. I'm enjoying travelling to Alloa, Dumbarton, etc. I'm going to Ibrox for only the 3rd time in my life in 2 weeks. And I actually want us and Hearts to get promoted (even before they were clear of us and Rangers) as it'll be funny to leave Rangers behind, and the Derbies are still something to look forward to.

I dont really care any more what happens with them off the field. On the field it has shown that the rest is irrelevant. Which is why I don't REALLY care if Petrie is still involved with us - becuase its about whats happening on the park. If we were sitting around 8th in the championship, and there had been no real changes within the structure of the coaching etc, then I would definitely think differently. But we now have a ambitious intelligent manager, with a fit, hungry squad, and we could go 2nd tomorrow. Thats what I'm focussing on. Not what has happened in the past.

Pretty Boy
30-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I can't say May 2012 changed my feelings towards Hearts at all. I didn't much care for them before that and I don't much care for them now.

That game, season in fact, should have been the wake up call Hibs needed and maybe it was if plans were put in place pre relegation to reform the whole club. It didn't change my feelings towards Hibs one bit. I was furious for a few days, although my hazy memory of the night of the final is standing in the pub with a sizeable group of other fans belting out Hibs songs, but I got over it pretty quickly, enjoyed a couple of weeks in the sun and then attended the first pre season game.

It was a game I would have loved to have won but we didn't and time moves on. I don't think any more or less of either Hibs or Hearts because of it.

SteveHFC
30-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Think i slept for like an hour the night before the final as i was too excited. I really thought we would finally win the cup that day. The atmosphere on our bus heading to Hampden was amazing. I arrived in my seat aat about 2.15 and the next 45 mins seemed like forever. After the game i felt really down not by the defeat but of the scoreline and the players attitude that day. Most of them didn't give a **** about the fans that day and were looking forward to their holidays instead. Coming home i never spoke to anyone, went home and watched the champions league final then went to my bed.

But i'm over it now.

darwenhibby
30-01-2015, 12:24 PM
If I could have left Edinburgh quite easy that night. Stayed at the hotel by the zoo. Getting the bus back from the walk to the hotel and as you hit the west end all the yaks gloating at us .
Next morning woke at 6 wanted to get first train back here mrs having none of it! Got mid day train back all the yaks on the high street ready to party made me feel worse. Sort of got over when we beat Dundee at home early next season to go top!
Thought we had finally learned our lesson. How wrong I was!
Felt worse getting relegated last year!
Was at QOS last week for only 3rd game this season first time I honest feel like Hibs are turning it around and the feel good factor is finally returning

California-Hibs
30-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Relegation hurt waaay more than that result did. It hurt at the time, of course, but strangely a week or so afterwards, the pain left. Since then they've hardly beat us, and even though there's been too many draws against them when we should have won (including Griffiths disallowed goal free kick!!) the few we have won since have more than made me barely think about 2012.

Caldwells Tyne winner
Craig's Easter Road penalty winner
Wotherspoons cup winner

Comparing the two current squads also I'm convinced (providing there isn't drastic personnel change) that we'll be the team winning far more derbies than they will in the foreseeable.

hibee_nation
30-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Best to keep life on an even keel and hate them at all times. :aok:

Broken Gnome
30-01-2015, 12:48 PM
I felt far worse at wasting a month of my life building up to it. That Hibs gave us such an anti-climax after all that hype and (forced) belief we'd do it hurt like hell.

Still think about it, but these things shape the future successes I guess.

NAE NOOKIE
30-01-2015, 01:10 PM
From 6am that day until the first Yam goal it was one of the best days out I had ever had following Hibs, the Earlston Hibs bus is always a pleasure to be on. My abiding memory is not of the game, but of the subdued nature of every Yam bus we passed on the way compared to our bus and the other Hibby buses we passed. You could tell the Yams were bricking it at the prospect of losing.

I stayed to the very end and by the full time whistle I was so dreading the bus trip home I very nearly headed into Glasgow to get pissed and get a later train back to Edinburgh. The bus was very subdued until half way out of Glasgow somebody up the back broke the silence by singing one line from SOL ................ # 'Sorrow, Sorrow' ..... Everybody started laughing.

If there is one thing we gained from that debacle it was proof, if it were needed, that us Hibbies are a stoic lot and have shown in the years following 2012 that we are as good, if not better, than any supporters out there.

As for any attention given by supporters of this club to the off field goings on down Gorgie way since that day: It is not sour grapes in my opinion that many of us cannot overlook the fact that if not the winners, then certainly the severity of the result, could have been very different if the Yams had fielded a team that day which was a true reflection of their financial situation. It cannot also be overlooked that they got past Celtic in the semis with that same team.

The Yams are far from unique in overspending on a team they couldn't afford .... they are unique in that even when the writing was on the wall in 100 foot high letters they continued on regardless and we were the club which suffered the most from what was nothing less than financial cheating. That is why many Hibs fans feel they have a right to keep close tabs on the goings on at the Wongadome with a view to jumping on anything they do which appears less than above board. I'm one of them and make no apology for it.

Dalianwanda
30-01-2015, 01:20 PM
That game was like being made to watch yer burd cheat on you..I just remember heading to Asda and tearing into a bottle of voddie..

Next day I went and sat outside Easter road contemplating what it was to be a Hibs fan...made my peace and left proud of my club (not with the majority of the players)
Even kept my calm when told 'we only serve winners' by the jambo barman in the swede pub in elm row..

Watching the relegation game was worse..and watching our club turn it around from there is so exciting

HibbyKeith
30-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Dont hate them any more or less that I did prior to that result. They are nothing to me, I don't read their newspaper story's and take no interest in what is happening with their club.

If anything that result has taken any dread that I used to feel on derby day away. They cant hurt me now, I wont ever get worse that that day so from then on I've had a bring them on attitude.

Always felt they had a confidence edge when derby's came around, and we spent more time worrying about defeat, not anymore in this household.

SteveHFC
30-01-2015, 01:36 PM
That game was like being made to watch yer burd cheat on you..I just remember heading to Asda and tearing into a bottle of voddie..

Next day I went and sat outside Easter road contemplating what it was to be a Hibs fan...made my peace and left proud of my club (not with the majority of the players)
Even kept my calm when told 'we only serve winners' by the jambo barman in the swede pub in elm row..

Watching the relegation game was worse..and watching our club turn it around from there is so exciting

I've always known since that day in May 2012 we would be relegated at some point in the next few seasons and i was right. After the Hamilton game i was ready to pack it all in.

Bronson
30-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't hate Hearts, derby day aside. Prefer them to the weegie ugly sisters.

The whole Gary Oliver fiasco on here was beyond cringey.

SteveHFC
30-01-2015, 01:45 PM

The whole Gary Oliver fiasco on here was and is still beyond cringey.

FTFY mate.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2015, 02:31 PM
I detested Hearts before that day, I still detest them now and I'll go on detesting them for the rest of my life.

FTH

That is all.

:giruy2:

Thecat23
30-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Same.

Pete
30-01-2015, 02:35 PM
FTFY mate.

You find people attacking hearts "cringey", yet you post your simpering, swooning, look at me stuff on a thread that gives a little more gravity to "that day in may" (your words).

Ok then.

SteveHFC
30-01-2015, 02:37 PM
You find people attacking hearts "cringey", yet you post your simpering, swooning, look at me stuff on a thread that gives a little more gravity to "that day in may" (your words).

Ok then.

:aok:

Thecat23
30-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Never liked Hearts they were always a bunch of twats. But when they were taken over by Vlad something changed! They went from being rivals to arrogant pricks who thought they were playing on the same level of Celtic or even bigger. I've never came across so many idiots than that mob and I'll never want them to win any game over the ugly sisters or anyone for that matter unless it meant us winning the league.

Tramps, pricks, chests, cheats, cheats, cheats FACT!!

Can spot a supporter a mile away, red coupon from to much drink and scarf hanging over the fat belly.

Col2
30-01-2015, 02:41 PM
It was clearly a horrible day but i ended up painting the kitchen that night while watching the champions league final. I blocked every media, Tv highlight etc out and to this day have still not seen the goals again and I have never seen them walking up to get the trophy. I was over it in a few days.

Nando™
30-01-2015, 02:41 PM
It's hard to get worked up about losing to teams that have had to rob charities to win.

We were cheated, plain and simple. Never let them forget how ****my their club is.

lyonhibs
30-01-2015, 02:42 PM
For a club that died that day, we're doing ok. Stayed until the end and then walked back into town with a mate, a long walk that was. But we did the same after chucking it against Livi in the League Cup and it seemed a lot worse then - utter silence, both of us just with thousand yard stares of total disbelief.

Life does indeed go on - we went home, watched the build-up of the final again on telly as the atmosphere was brilliant, then switched over to the Champions League and played some Xbox.

I don't hate Hearts, but it does crack me up this "who is the most obsessed with the other" competition both sets of fans seem to have, both pretending they don't give a **** about the other, being too cool for school.

They are our city rivals, it's completely normal that - as a fanbase - we take more interest in what's going on over there than we do in - for example - the happenings at Cowdenbeath or Ayr United and vice-versa.

Gerard
30-01-2015, 02:50 PM
I see them as our city rivals. I do not hate them or feel any hate towards them. I want to see OUR TEAM beat them every time we play them.

chinaman
30-01-2015, 02:56 PM
I was at Hampden in 2012 (and 2006) to see us get well beaten (refereeing decisions apart) by the yams. On the bus home I did not speak to anybody. I got home and did not speak to my wife. I was in a foul mood. I went to our music room, stuck on some headphones, cranked the volume up, cracked open a bottle of whisky (Macallans) and duly got obliterated. Next morning I woke up still grumpy (with a massive headache) but at least I was speaking to the wife.

Eventually I got over the hurt and that result got assigned to the back of my memory. I no longer think about that day (the game or the result). However, I did hope that by now the yams would have followed their Glaswegian cousins and be playing in Div 3 but the jammy ******** got out of paying their debts due to Romanov’s empire going belly flop. What Budgie eventually paid for the club was pennies in the pound.

Anyway, my question is: why do so many on this forum care so much about the goings on at the PBS? Why are there many on here that scrutinize the minutia of goings on. I admit to having a healthy interest in what happens ON-the-field but only little interest in what happenings OFF-the-field.

So, am I abnormal in not having any deep feelings of hate towards them? I think I already may know the answer to that.

Tomorrow we will see if their on-the-field bubble has burst.you must be lying on a bed o nails with a gob full of abcesses and a dose of clap to remind a hibs forum about"that day" and aye , abnormal you are to remind us about it.seek help urgent like

Pete
30-01-2015, 03:07 PM
you must be lying on a bed o nails with a gob full of abcesses and a dose of clap to remind a hibs forum about"that day" and aye , abnormal you are to remind us about it.seek help urgent like

I does make you wonder.

Hank Schrader
30-01-2015, 03:25 PM
I does make you wonder.

:agree: Strange topic to start I thought.

Waxy
30-01-2015, 03:32 PM
One day we'll do the same to them. It's the law of averages. Might be in 2147 but it will happen.

tanfield
30-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Made a conscious decision not to go to the game.Spent that day on leith links, away from all media. Still haven't seen any of the game or newspaper reports.

Frazerbob
30-01-2015, 04:22 PM
Is there really any need for this thread?

hibbymac
30-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Tomorrow we will see if their on-the-field bubble has burst.

:confused: I really can't see how these can be separated.

To this day I still believe if it hadn't been for ridiculous refereeing decisions it would have been a lot closer and could have went either way.

Iggy Pope
30-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Music room? How twattish.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2015, 04:49 PM

I remember it as the 1st chinese curry i had ever eaten in Glasgow.

Kato
30-01-2015, 05:30 PM
I remember it as the 1st chinese curry i had ever eaten in Glasgow.

From now on I remember it as the 1st chinese curry you'd ever eaten in Glasgow as well, and I've never even met you.

CRAZYHIBBY
30-01-2015, 05:39 PM
Was there any real need to cast this up when things are going well? .....there was me sitting there enjoying the general positivity on hibs .net for once

Glory Lurker
30-01-2015, 05:40 PM
We have some weird threads on here sometimes, but this is out on its own.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2015, 05:52 PM
From now on I remember it as the 1st chinese curry you'd ever eaten in Glasgow as well, and I've never even met you.

Mixed meat curry, fried rice and a plastic fork. Travelling back on a decrepit double decker SMT bus made it difficult to eat, but i managed it ok. :greengrin

Kato
30-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Mixed meat curry, fried rice and a plastic fork. Travelling back on a decrepit double decker SMT bus made it difficult to eat, but i managed it ok. :greengrin

"Blackpool Hiiibs, Blackpool Hiiibs, Chinese meals are nothing to be scared of."
- an oldie (adapted) about an old pal.

Good job, mate. Unforgettable :thumbsup: - which means this troll of a thread can safely be deleted.

matty_f
30-01-2015, 06:01 PM

To this day I still believe if it hadn't been for ridiculous refereeing decisions it would have been a lot closer and could have went either way.

:agree: 2-1 at half time and we were still in the game.

You only have to look at what happened when we were 3-0 down at half time the next time we went to Hampden to understand how big an impact that **** Thomson had on the game.

I can't really mind much about the match, don't know the scorers (other than McPake), couldn't even tell you the line ups for the teams. I don't think about the game at all, really.

EastCalderHibby
30-01-2015, 06:13 PM
:agree: 2-1 at half time and we were still in the game.

You only have to look at what happened when we were 3-0 down at half time the next time we went to Hampden to understand how big an impact that **** Thomson had on the game.

I can't really mind much about the match, don't know the scorers (other than McPake), couldn't even tell you the line ups for the teams. I don't think about the game at all, really.

they didn't have it long though as we knocked them out at their fist defence of it :greengrin
think thomson was on his hols
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

kaimendhibs
30-01-2015, 06:14 PM

I have always maintained this!

EastCalderHibby
30-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I have always maintained this!

ditto :agree:

Billy McKirdy
30-01-2015, 06:23 PM
Everytime I drive my number 5 on the 1st of the month I'm painfully reminded of it.
Other than that I never give it a second thought :wink:

Smartie
30-01-2015, 06:25 PM

That's what I thought.

The kiddy porn sites will be quiet tonight with all the yams coming on this thread for a chug instead.

Turkish Green
30-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I was in pain all the journey back to Edinburgh. Not so much from the game but I had a bad back and all the painkillers and drink I had taken before the game had worn off and sitting at the back of the bus I could feel every bump in the road.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Thomson's performance in that game was diabolical but I really don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome, if he hadn't made such errors.

We'll clearly never know but I think our performance that day was so bad that the outcome was inevitable, regardless of how good the referee was.

I think some people's memories are getting a bit hazy as time passes by.

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Thomson's performance in that game was diabolical but I really don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome, if he hadn't made such errors.

We'll clearly never know but I think our performance that day was so bad that the outcome was inevitable, regardless of how good the referee was.

Aye, yours are getting hazy. :greengrin

matty_f
30-01-2015, 06:34 PM

We were considerably worse against Falkirk at half time, and In a much worse position.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2015, 06:35 PM

The whole Gary Oliver fiasco on here was beyond cringey.

Disagreee with your first point. I hate hearts more than any team and always will.

Totally agree with your 2nd point though.

Getting to that final was the worst thing that could ever have happened to Hibs. We were all told to "man up" beforehand so we should all be "man" enough to deal with it without bleating about being cheated.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2015, 06:38 PM

Have to beg to differ with you.

0-0 And Ian Black smashes Sparky in the face with a flailing Elbow, It's a red card, We know it, They know it, Craig Thomson knows it, Its a red card all day long...I'ts a red card!

I'm gobsmacked every time i hear Hibs fans or them saying the referee never changed the game, Of course he did, Of course he did! How the hell could he not have ?.

0-0 early doors into the game and Ian Black walks please don't tell me that doesn't change the game.

emerald green
30-01-2015, 06:38 PM

Me too. Why dig this up again just when things are on the up for Hibs? Perfect timing.

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Disagreee with your first point. I hate hearts more than any team and always will.

Totally agree with your 2nd point though.

Getting to that final was the worst thing that could ever have happened to Hibs. We were all told to "man up" beforehand so we should all be "man" enough to deal with it without bleating about being cheated.

How was it the "worst thing that could ever happen to hibs"?

:confused:

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:40 PM
I was in pain all the journey back to Edinburgh. Not so much from the game but I had a bad back and all the painkillers and drink I had taken before the game had worn off and sitting at the back of the bus I could feel every bump in the road.

L

Northernhibee
30-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Ok then.

:hyper

Hiber-nation
30-01-2015, 06:42 PM
How was it the "worst thing that could ever happen to hibs"?

:confused:

Because we were awful and there for the taking. Sorry, I thought most Hibs fans thought that.

Edit: Not giving any credence to the original post by the way, I gave up on it after the 2nd para

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:42 PM
:hyper

Reported.

SteveHFC
30-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Reported.

Nae need man.

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Because we were awful and there for the taking. Sorry, I thought most Hibs fans thought that.

I agree that we were there for the taking but not that it "was the worst thing that could possibly happen to hibs"

Nomeancity
30-01-2015, 06:45 PM
The most painful thing to happen to us was not May 2012. It was last season. I'm 48 years old and have seen some good times and bad times. 2012 was bad but for me relegation last season was the worse thing that our club could have done to us. There were no Huns, Hearts were a shambles and what did we do - we managed to get relegated. I do not think there is any other club in the world that could have messed it up so much.
Thankfully we seem have the right things/people in place to get us out of it - Stubbs/Dempster and dare i say it STF - but May 2012 is a blip compared to last season.
Oh and by the way the other biggest disaster in our history was losing the white sleeves - it's not THE HIBS without the white sleeves.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2015, 06:46 PM
We were considerably worse against Falkirk at half time, and In a much worse position.

We were, that's true.

However Falkirk had a young and inexperienced side out that day who lost their nerve as soon as we made it 3-1 early in the second half.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of having such a side, the Hearts team that day was full of experience and some quality players as well. Man for man, they were better than us.

Pete
30-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Nae need man.

Reported (nae need)

Hiber-nation
30-01-2015, 06:49 PM
I agree that we were there for the taking but not that it "was the worst thing that could possibly happen to hibs"

Ach you know what I mean.

Northernhibee
30-01-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm still more gutted about the game the following year, still think what might have been if Fraser Forster hadn't produced that wondersave to stop Doyler's header.

The Green Goblin
30-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Anyway, my question is: why do so many on this forum care so much about the goings on at the PBS?.

Do you mean with very long posts starting more threads like this about them?

2012 was the breaking of the egg which began the lengthy process of making the delicious omelette we seem to be heading towards these days...

There you go: an appropriately strange response to a strange post. :greengrin

Deansy
30-01-2015, 07:16 PM
I was fortunate enough to be in hospital that day so missed all the guff that came out. Hate them ? - not really as I wasn't brought up to take them serious enough - like most others in Scottish Football - but I do hate cheats. I've seen Hibs win 3 cups in my lifetime (55) and there's no question-marks lingering over how these wins were achieved and never will be. They can deny all they like how their 2\3 cups won over that same 30+ year period were achieved but they will forever be questionable !. As for 'scrutinising the minutia'- if a habitual, career-criminal were my neighbour and repeatedly avoided justice, I'd be watching it's every move to make sure I don't become one of it's victims !!

Nomeancity
30-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I'm still more gutted about the game the following year, still think what might have been if Fraser Forster hadn't produced that wondersave to stop Doyler's header.
We would have finally won the f@$%ing thing.
Fenlon would have stayed in a job.
Butcher/Malpas would have relegated ICT.
Yams would still have went bust.
We would have got to the group stages of the Europa League.
We would have kept our white sleeves.
Dempster would have us challenging this year for the league.

But nah, we weren't happy with Fenlon.

Bristolhibby
30-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Went to the Harp and Castle after the game and got smashed, singing Hibs songs till late, drinking Recordlig and shots.

A very cathartic experience and somthing that was entirely necessary in the aftermath of that game.

So much hope in the build up, genuinely thought I was about to witness somthing nobody alive had seen.

Relegation was worse, I had a plane to catch so headed straight to the airport. A stunned silence from everybody leaving the ground.

J

Feed McGraw
30-01-2015, 07:28 PM
We were, that's true.

However Falkirk had a young and inexperienced side out that day who lost their nerve as soon as we made it 3-1 early in the second half.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of having such a side, the Hearts team that day was full of experience and some quality players as well. Man for man, they were better than us. They cheated, the referee cheated, it was a poor Hibs team but I maintain we would have had a chance at 2-1 if the bozo ref had restricted his cheating and not gave the ridiculous penalty. Its a funny old game as they say, but Hibs were given no chance of winning.

Northernhibee
30-01-2015, 08:00 PM
They cheated, the referee cheated, it was a poor Hibs team but I maintain we would have had a chance at 2-1 if the bozo ref had restricted his cheating and not gave the ridiculous penalty. Its a funny old game as they say, but Hibs were given no chance of winning.

:agree: The name was as good as engraved on the trophy before a ball was even kicked.

Phil MaGlass
30-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Relegation hurt waaay more than that result did. It hurt at the time, of course, but strangely a week or so afterwards, the pain left. Since then they've hardly beat us, and even though there's been too many draws against them when we should have won (including Griffiths disallowed goal free kick!!) the few we have won since have more than made me barely think about 2012.

Caldwells Tyne winner
Craig's Easter Road penalty winner
Wotherspoons cup winner

Comparing the two current squads also I'm convinced (providing there isn't drastic personnel change) that we'll be the team winning far more derbies than they will in the foreseeable.

If we can go up with them I am also sure we will be spanking their er5es for the foreseeable future, they just dont have the quality or depth, even the last few games against them we were the better team, its coming and we will definitely be the top team in Edinburgh for the foreseeable future

Sprouleflyer
31-01-2015, 06:49 AM
We were, that's true.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of having such a side, the Hearts team that day was full of experience and some quality players as well. Man for man, they were better than us.

:agree: a £9M+ wage bill helped to ensure they were better than us.