PDA

View Full Version : Jak Trueman

cameronw-hfc
29-01-2015, 10:24 PM
Sorry if this isn't okay, if not just delete this thread. However I'm looking to organise a 15th minute round of applause for Jak.

If you don't know, Jak has a rare form of cancer which he recently found out was terminal. He has had hibs, hearts and rangers players along with others visit him. He has a page to follow if your interested on Facebook, it's called Jak's Journey.

A reply to this just saying if you're up for it would be great. It's the little things that count.

Thanks guys.

Gerard
29-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Good luck to him

Sylar
29-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Was having a look at the Just Giving page that's been set up in his name, which targeted £15k funds toward Leukaemia/Lymphoma Research and they've raised £26.3k!

I think he's a Rangers fan and will be at Parkhead cheering his team on on Sunday but he's an avid football fan and a very courageous young man, touched by a fairly awful story. Having lost a very close friend to cancer who was just a wee bit older than Jak is now, his plight is definitely on my mind.

Having said that, I think you'll struggle to arrange any mass response (though it's commendable that you're trying). A combination of people not knowing his story, people not being organised at such short notice, a vast number of Hibs fans who don't post on here/won't have a clue what's going on and I dare say a few who would find the idea 'unsuitable' for a Hibs game.

cameronw-hfc
29-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Jak isn't well enough to go to the game at the weekend. However I've been friends with him for a while and know it would touch his heart if we were to get something going. Going to be at the gates spreading word. And Rangers fan or not, it's about showing respect to a terminally ill teen. Hope something can be done. Thanks for any support about the applause

Jay
29-01-2015, 10:56 PM
I've been following Jaks story for a while Cameron, I was reading tonight that he's not been great today. The support people like yourself have given him has been phenomenal. I've been moved to tears on a few occasions over the last few months, it's affecting a whole community but in a positive way if that's even possible at such a difficult time, we are all coming together, along with the school to show our support for this amazing boy and his family.
I'd hate you to feel let down by hibs fans, maybe it will work but I have my doubts, we also have Dougie Crombes silence on Saturday.
I contacted some friends of mine who were Rangers fans and got them to share the post for Sunday and tweet about it etc. I think we'd be better encouraging a huge response from the old firm game.

Jay
29-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Why don't you post a link to Jaks story and his justgiving page? Hibs fans are notoriously generous at times like this. I'm sure as soon as some read his story and they'll see what a courageous and wonderful young man he is and donate.

30-01-2015, 08:21 AM
A thing going round on facebook trying to organise an applause and the chant "One Jac Trueman!" on the 20th minute at hampden on sunday. Celtic have shared it on theirs fans page so hopefully it can be done for him.

Terrible for the guy, all the best to him.

O'Rourke3
30-01-2015, 09:02 AM
Folks here is the link. Jaks illness is so rare the medical staff were seeking help from the rest of the world. He's a great lad and the way his friends and the community came together is immense. They've organised at match at almond vale for next Sunday. His teachers versus his team Mid Calder Colts

Hello
You can help AM Barr raise money for this great cause by donating directly to their fundraising page - http://www.justgiving.com/AM-Barr.
JustGiving sends your donation straight to Leukaemia

Sent from my brain

Sylar
30-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Jak isn't well enough to go to the game at the weekend. However I've been friends with him for a while and know it would touch his heart if we were to get something going. Going to be at the gates spreading word. And Rangers fan or not, it's about showing respect to a terminally ill teen. Hope something can be done. Thanks for any support about the applause

Oh, I wasn't suggesting for a second that nothing should be done on account of him being a Rangers fan Cameron, far from it!

As I said, commendable for you trying and best of luck getting something going :aok:

Bad Martini
30-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Send it to the club mate. Get them to help you out. All decent people rise above fitba when cancer and other horrible diseases are concerned.

Good luck with it.

EastCalderHibby
30-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Sorry if this isn't okay, if not just delete this thread. However I'm looking to organise a 15th minute round of applause for Jak.

If you don't know, Jak has a rare form of cancer which he recently found out was terminal. He has had hibs, hearts and rangers players along with others visit him. He has a page to follow if your interested on Facebook, it's called Jak's Journey.

A reply to this just saying if you're up for it would be great. It's the little things that count.

Thanks guys.

Great idea mate I know jak personally, and my daughter is in his year and knows him too
she is going to the prom tomorrow night for jak .I am taxi for her +3 .
We are all going to the match next sunday v the teachers / x pros
cant make the hibs game but good luck with the chant maybe somebody from s43 can help as they start all the singing

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 07:07 AM

Do you know his address mate? I told Kenny about him and he's signed a pair of boots for Jak. I'll be picking them up tomorrow! So would like to get them to him soon as possible. Drop me a PM if you have it please.

Cheers.

JimBHibees
31-01-2015, 07:23 AM
Do you know his address mate? I told Kenny about him and he's signed a pair of boots for Jak. I'll be picking them up tomorrow! So would like to get them to him soon as possible. Drop me a PM if you have it please.

Cheers.

He has a Facebook support page you will probably be able to contact someone on that to get address.

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 07:38 AM
He has a Facebook support page you will probably be able to contact someone on that to get address.

Cheers 👍

Allant1981
31-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Cheers.

Probably doesnt seem like a big deal to most folk but i bet wee things like this make that wee fella very happy

Thecat23
31-01-2015, 11:24 AM
Probably doesnt seem like a big deal to most folk but i bet wee things like this make that wee fella very happy

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Even to cheer him up a little!

Billy Whizz
31-01-2015, 11:28 AM
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Even to cheer him up a little!

Well done Thecat23

EdinMike
31-01-2015, 11:36 AM
According to the rags this morning both Celtic and Rangers are planning a sing/cheer/applause for the laddie at tomorrows game.

Hope it happens.

Aldo
02-02-2015, 03:56 PM
If bumped this back to top of page as just heard the young lad passed away earlier this afternoon.

RIP Jak

JimBHibees
02-02-2015, 04:00 PM
Just copied this from his support page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jak-Trueman-support/362672093880712

"It is with great sadness to let you all know that Jak passed away today - please send your thoughts to Allison Aimee & Hannah and Jaks family xx"

Absolutely heartbreaking. Life can be so cruel. RIP Jak a very brave and inspirational young man.

Billy Whizz
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
If bumped this back to top of page as just heard the young lad passed away earlier this afternoon.

RIP Jak

God that's terrible news

WillowbraeHibby
02-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Very sad news. Rest in Peace Jak, and sincere condolences to his family and friends at this sad time.

oconnors_strip
02-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Such sad news.

Maybe the signed boots can be auctioned and money raised towards his charity/fundraising if thecat123 hasn't already had this idea

Bronson
02-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Jeezo, it was just on Saturday he had his specially arranged school prom at livi stadium.

What a fighter, RIP young man.

Jay
02-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Such sad news.

Maybe the signed boots can be auctioned and money raised towards his charity/fundraising if thecat123 hasn't already had this idea

Jaks mum received the boots and a strip around mid afternoon today. I don't know if Jak was aware but I'm sure she'll do something with them.

oconnors_strip
02-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Jaks mum received the boots and a strip around mid afternoon today. I don't know if Jak was aware but I'm sure she'll do something with them.

That's good to hear. I'm sure jak knew in some way he has got them

BH Hibs
02-02-2015, 04:11 PM
RIP Jak

tamig
02-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Very sad to see this news. Was just reading about the prom that his school had arranged for him which took place at the weekend. Jak attended for a short while. At least his mates all had a chance to say goodbye. Deepest condolences to the family and all those closest to him.

Thecat23
02-02-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm gutted 😢

Thank you Mrs S for getting them over to him. Wish I'd got them sooner!

02-02-2015, 04:20 PM
Very sad news indeed :(

RIP Jak and all my thoughts and sympathies to your family and loved ones at this sad time.

The Gorf
02-02-2015, 04:50 PM
Very sad to hear this. I clapped to myself at the Raith game on 15 minutes.
RIP

kaimendhibs
02-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Very sad news. RIP Jak

NthCarolinaHibs
02-02-2015, 05:19 PM
RIP.. very brave laddie

Benny Brazil
02-02-2015, 05:33 PM
RIP Jak - very sad news - thoughts go out to his family and friends

JimBHibees
02-02-2015, 05:34 PM
https://www.facebook.com/jaksjourney

Very sad and the link is a bit about his life. Heroic boy and good for someone like Barry Ferguson who doesnt always get a good press to make the time to attend the Prom on Saturday. Classy thing to do.

Greencore
02-02-2015, 06:03 PM
We should set up a donation fund for Jaks family on here on behalf of Hibs.net. God bless the boy. A real hero.

Fergos
02-02-2015, 06:37 PM
Brave, courageous lad. Condolences to the family.

RIP.

One Day
02-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Very sad news RIP

cabbageandribs1875
02-02-2015, 09:10 PM
sad indeed, RIP young man

cameronw-hfc
02-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Jak was only just a few hours before his death blethering away to his mum about what they were going to do today. Only 4 months ago I was training with him and now the news has not just devastated me but any of his other friends and family. R.I.P Jak, loved and missed by all close and earned the respect of thousands.

McD
02-02-2015, 10:22 PM
Started to tell the wife that the poor laddie had passed away, couldn't get the words out, truly tragic

Scott Allan Key
02-02-2015, 11:31 PM
RIP. It's said sickness like this leaves a pure heart. Brave lad. Good idea to raise for his family.

Future17
08-02-2015, 09:44 AM
Folks here is the link. Jaks illness is so rare the medical staff were seeking help from the rest of the world. He's a great lad and the way his friends and the community came together is immense. They've organised at match at almond vale for next Sunday. His teachers versus his team Mid Calder Colts

Hello
You can help AM Barr raise money for this great cause by donating directly to their fundraising page - http://www.justgiving.com/AM-Barr.
JustGiving sends your donation straight to Leukaemia

Sent from my brain

Just giving this a bump as the charity match kicks off at 2pm at Almondvale today. There's apparently an assortment of former players playing as well so should be entertaining. Anyone in the area at a loose end should come along and lend support. :aok:

Jay
08-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Just back and freeeeezing' what a turn out for Jak, I'm sure the guy said there were just over 4000 people there, far more than was expected. Good,entertaining game, well done Livi for letting them play at the stadium and also to the stewards who kept the banter going where we were. Over £13000 raised today.

Sylar
08-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Just back and freeeeezing' what a turn out for Jak, I'm sure the guy said there were just over 4000 people there, far more than was expected. Good,entertaining game, well done Livi for letting them play at the stadium and also to the stewards who kept the banter going where we were. Over £13000 raised today.

That's great to hear.

Hopefully the money raised will go toward helping the many other terminally ill young children/teenagers who suffer from cancer across Scotland and beyond :agree:

Jay
08-02-2015, 04:32 PM
I think the money is going to the Jak Trueman Foundation. I believe the hopes are to build a 'clean cafe' for teenagers going through chemo so they can get together and play 'loud' music etc. it's to be called Jaks Den.