PDA

View Full Version : Boot Thrower

southsider
29-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Was watching the Athletico v Barca cup match when I got in from last night's AGM when I saw something I can't get my head round. Athletico's Arda Turan loose out in a tackle with Dani Alves and his boot comes off. Appeals to the linesman standing close by for a foul, which is turned town. Picks up boot which he then throws at linesman's head (misses). Ref comes over and only books him. Athletico are now a disgrace (again) and should have has more than the two sent off.

Moulin Yarns
29-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Was watching the Athletico v Barca cup match when I got in from last night's AGM when I saw something I can't get my head round. Athletico's Arda Turan loose out in a tackle with Dani Alves and his boot comes off. Appeals to the linesman standing close by for a foul, which is turned town. Picks up boot which he then throws at linesman's head (misses). Ref comes over and only books him. Athletico are now a disgrace (again) and should have has more than the two sent off.

I will be in Madrid when Atletico play Getafe (localish derby) in March I cannae wait, should be mental :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-01-2015, 03:52 PM
It winnae be, as A Mad will win that one. Nutjobs when they are not winning, just like their coach used to be.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Indisciplined manager = indisciplined team.

They really need to calm themselves down.

Future17
29-01-2015, 05:02 PM
I never liked Simeone as a player, but have had a soft spot for Atletico since Torres was there the first time, shortly followed by Aguero being the main man.

What I will say is they have some cracking players and some average players who Simeone has playing to the limits of their ability on a consistent basis. He has built a proper "team" which is something Real and Barca continue to struggle with (Guardiola's Barca excepted).

I would rather see Atletico do well than either Real or Barca...and if they happen to get a few players sent off for being mental along the line then all's the better! :greengrin

P.S. - FWIW, I can't believe Turan only got a yellow for the boot throwing. The only reason I can think of is that his throw was so bad, the referee didn't realise it was intended to hit the linesman.

frazeHFC
29-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Couldn't believe what I was seeing when he did that last night. Some terrible challenges during that game too.

matty_f
29-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Was mental that he only got booked! One of the weirdest incidents I've seen for a while!

1987kev
29-01-2015, 05:33 PM
crazy stuff. Diego Costa finding out that prem league is a lot harder to get away with things than la liga.

GreensesArab
29-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Talking of Spanish teams. Check out Real Betis' away strip this season. Nickname is 'Los Verdiblancos'. Been there a couple of times and very passionate fans. Also, Sevilla play in a cherry colour, not unlike maroon actually. C'MON THE VERDIBLANCOS!!!:flag:

heretoday
29-01-2015, 08:37 PM
It was what Arthur Montford would have called "a towsy affair".

WeeRussell
30-01-2015, 12:10 PM
It winnae be, as A Mad will win that one. Nutjobs when they are not winning, just like their coach used to be.

He still very much is! They're assistant is nuts as well.

Real dislike for Atletico these days - such a collectively niggly, dirty, horrible bunch! :agree:

Mikeystewart
30-01-2015, 12:19 PM
For anyone who hasn't seen it.

:rolleyes::fuming::taxi

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/arda-turan-threw-a-shoe-at-a-linesman.gif