PDA

View Full Version : February looming

wills
29-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Who do we go with up front when all our strikers are fit and back from Africa Cup of Nations?

Do we alter our set up or stick with a 4 4 2?

great headache for Stubbs to have

Paloschi
29-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Great problem to have.

I think we might see more of Djedje than it would perhaps be expected. I feel he is probably one of the best forwards/attacking midfielders at the club and I cannot wait until he is fit.

Malonga is an obvious starter due to his overall ability. Cummings is banging the goals in so cannot be dropped but El Alagui is maybe our most natural finisher. I think Boyle can have an impact off the bench too! Options... I'd go 4-3-3 as suggested on another thread with Djedje in for Craig.

Northernhibee
29-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Stick to a 4-4-2 IMO - start with Malonga and Cummings up front. Get El Alagui off the bench for a bit to get him back to match sharpness. If we need pace we also have either Djedje or Boyle to look to.

Nice headache to have.

B.H.F.C
29-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Once all fit I can see Boyle slipping down the order a bit. All went a bit quiet with Farid though. I wonder how far away he actually is?

wills
29-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Could we go with a 3 4 3
Watson, Fontaine Hanlon or Stevenson

McGeoch Allan Craig Robertson

Boyle Malonga Cummings

very hard to choose the front 3

woodythehibee
29-01-2015, 02:15 PM
Once all fit I can see Boyle slipping down the order a bit. All went a bit quiet with Farid though. I wonder how far away he actually is?

He did have a minor set back, but nothing that we really unexpected as these things tend to happen. Unsure how far away he is. When I spoke to him last month he targeted mid Feb. It may be March before we see him back playing in the first team.

I wonder if we could use Boyle's pace on the wing, it's a good headache to have.

J-C
29-01-2015, 02:21 PM
4-2-3-1

Cerny

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Allan

Djedje
McGeouch
Malonga

Cummings

Aldo
29-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Stubbs has a very good problem. At this moment in time those with the jerseys keep them until they play or perform below the standards set.

That goes for pretty much the whole squad.

We are probably the only team to strengthen with quality IMHO!!

Turkish Green
29-01-2015, 02:39 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. I would go with Malonga and Cummings as the starting strikers then have any 2 for El Alagui, Djedje and Boyle on the bench.

A nice headache for Stubbs to have but it remains to be seen how long they all stay injury-free..

Onion
29-01-2015, 02:59 PM
3-2-5 in honour of the Famous Five :greengrin

Cerny

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Allan
McGeouch

Boyle
Malonga
El Alagui
Cummings
Djedje

Dan Sarf
29-01-2015, 03:37 PM

Cerny

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Allan
McGeouch

Boyle
Malonga
El Alagui
Cummings
Djedje

Should be 2-3-5 surely! (Sorry to be pedantic.) :flag:

wills
29-01-2015, 03:43 PM

Cerny

Watson
Hanlon
Fontaine

Allan
McGeouch

Boyle
Malonga
El Alagui
Cummings
Djedje

think this line up would scare the s**t out of any team

Hibby70
29-01-2015, 04:04 PM

And a lot of our supporters

Sir David Gray
29-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Not sure about other teams but it would certainly scare the living daylights out of me.

Sadly, this is no longer the 1950s and teams would easily suss out that kind of line up.

erin go bragh
29-01-2015, 10:00 PM
Could we go with a 3 4 3
Watson, Fontaine Hanlon or Stevenson

McGeoch Allan Craig Robertson

Boyle Malonga Cummings

very hard to choose the front 3

When all fit , cant see Boyle playing before Franck and Farid

Ggtth

NOLA
30-01-2015, 11:59 AM
No brainer for me, has to be the heff 😃

Theinsider
30-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Who do we go with up front when all our strikers are fit and back from Africa Cup of Nations?

Do we alter our set up or stick with a 4 4 2?

great headache for Stubbs to have

.................................................. ..........Cerny................................... .................................

................Gray......................Watson.. ..................Hanlon.......................... ...............Fontaine

............................Robertson............. ........................................Allan..... ...............................

............DjeDje................................ ..McGeoch......................................... Malonga...................

.................................................. .......Farid...................................... .....................................

Just for ****s and giggles.......

sambajustice
30-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Will be horses for courses!

Options off the bench.

Seems like we have a decent squad right now.

I just hope that if the worst happens and we dont get promoted then we can keep this team together. Assuming Rangers and Hearts go up, i'd imagine us to be in the position Hearts are just now, next year, ie romping the league.

A year to get our house in order whilst the 2 teams coming down wouldnt be expecting it, cutting cloth to adjust to the league, plus quite simply, we're a far bigger team than any team that will come down! (Not that thats everything)

Its players like Allan, McGeouch etc, if we dont go up, will they fancy another year in the first division??

All worst case scenario of course! :greengrin

southern hibby
30-01-2015, 02:35 PM
When all fit , cant see Boyle playing before Franck and Farid

Ggtth

Would like to see Boyle come on as a sub with about 30 minutes to go as one or two defenders start to tire. Would hopefully be a joy to watch. I think he will ripe defenders a new archie if he was to be used like this.

GGTTH