PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa (NHC)

HappyHibby93
28-01-2015, 05:00 PM
Quite interesting to see what is going on at Aston Villa. A big club who you would expect to be doing a lot better. Seems like there situation is relatively similar to ours in that the powers that be don't appear to be giving the funding to really compete with sides in the top 10. Refreshing to see them sticking by there manger in times of a strong sacking culture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31015504

ekhibee
28-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Quite interesting to see what is going on at Aston Villa. A big club who you would expect to be doing a lot better. Seems like there situation is relatively similar to ours in that the powers that be don't appear to be giving the funding to really compete with sides in the top 10. Refreshing to see them sticking by there manger in times of a strong sacking culture.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31015504
Randy Lerner, the owner of the Cleveland Browns is the owner of Aston Villa, he's been trying to sell them since May last year. They've got a strong Scottish connection. Their emblem has a lion rampant, and Villa always have at least 1 Scottish person in the team or on the backroom staff. I think this might be connected to George Ramsay, a Scotsman from Glasgow, who helped to make them a top team in the early days, and another Scotsman, Archie Hunter, captained them the 1st time they won the FA Cup.

Boyle89
28-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Fans think that lamberts only there cause Lerner doesn't want to spend money and a different manager would want cash to spend.
Think he's doing ok myself. Gone are the days when they spent millions under o'neill.

monktonharp
28-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Randy Lerner, the owner of the Cleveland Browns is the owner of Aston Villa, he's been trying to sell them since May last year. They've got a strong Scottish connection. Their emblem has a lion rampant, and Villa always have at least 1 Scottish person in the team or on the backroom staff. I think this might be connected to George Ramsay, a Scotsman from Glasgow, who helped to make them a top team in the early days, and another Scotsman, Archie Hunter, captained them the 1st time they won the FA Cup. I used to be a bit of a Rany Learner myself. those were the days:wink:

frazeHFC
28-01-2015, 06:39 PM
I know a Villa fan and we were talking the other night. Everything he says reminds me of Hibs, so I can empathise with him quite well. :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
28-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Whilst the money has been cut substantially compared to the ONeill era, I dont think Lambert has done that great a job. The majority of his signings havent made much of an impact, theyve basically spent the last 3 seasons in a relegation battle, and the football is brutal at times. Theyve only managed 11 goals in 22 league games this season which is unbelievably bad.

The new signing Gil may make a difference creatively, but if they cant start scoring goals, I think theyll end up in the bottom 3 sooner rather than later.

Bronson
28-01-2015, 07:07 PM
Fans think that lamberts only there cause Lerner doesn't want to spend money and a different manager would want cash to spend.
Think he's doing ok myself. Gone are the days when they spent millions under o'neill.

To be fair, £25m for Darren Bent must have really scunnered them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-01-2015, 08:12 PM
As I've said on here before, Villa are my English team. The last few years have been pretty grim. Literally like following an English Hibs.
The vast majority of fans on a message board I frequent have had enough of Lambert. They are extremely frustrated. Potentially a huge team from England's second city. They too have a wealthy owner who ain't all that interested in the football side of things.
This season is a bit like Fenlon's time with us. Lambert has shored up the defence but at the expense of any sort of creativity or entertainment.

Nomeancity
28-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Two very good reasons why you shouldn't like Aston villa. They took des bremner and gave us joe ward.

bingo70
28-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Two very good reasons why you shouldn't like Aston villa. They took des bremner and gave us joe ward.

Colours a bit too close to maroon for my liking too

Lucky_Jim
28-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Colours a bit too close to maroon for my liking too

And David Cameron's a Villa 'fan' too. Reason enough to hate them in my book.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2015, 10:44 PM
Wee team utd.

Future17
28-01-2015, 11:01 PM
I used to be a bit of a Rany Learner myself. those were the days:wink:

What's a rany learner? :-)