PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WATSON JOINS HIBERNIAN ON LOAN

RSS Bot
28-01-2015, 12:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5146)

HH81
28-01-2015, 12:43 PM
Good stuff.

erin go bragh
28-01-2015, 12:47 PM
What a great bit of buisness . Welcome aboard Keith .

Ggtth

jonty
28-01-2015, 12:47 PM
So, do we expect any more signing? Any need to stay up for Natalie and Jim? :greengrin

Big_Franck
28-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Great signing, i'm really happy with this. Gives us good competition at right back and good quality cover at centre half.

With Booth leaving it does only leave us with Lewis at left back though. I know Hanlon has played there before but he's not suited to the left back/left wing back role. I don't know much about the U20s so there may be a young lad that can provide cover until the end of the season.

Stubbs is building a great squad :thumbsup:

Onion
28-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Good signing, and good to see Hibs trying to strengthen the squad when things are on the up. Yet another positive sign of change at ER :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
28-01-2015, 01:02 PM
First time i've been impressed with every signing since the Mowbray Days. :cb

kaimendhibs
28-01-2015, 01:02 PM
Superb news

California-Hibs
28-01-2015, 01:03 PM
Absolutely thrilled with this signing!! We have a fantastic squad right now and this further indicates that we are serious about going straight back up via the play offs!

Billy Whizz
28-01-2015, 01:09 PM
And he can play right sided centre back, means we can at with 2 right footers and 2 left footers in our back 4

jonty
28-01-2015, 01:15 PM
we seem to be missing the mandatory 'another loan signing :rolleyes:' posts :greengrin

Sir David Gray
28-01-2015, 01:23 PM
So, do we expect any more signing? Any need to stay up for Natalie and Jim? :greengrin

I think there's still a requirement to bring in a midfielder to be honest.

We don't really have any first team cover for any of our first choice midfield players, with the exception of Sam Stanton.

If we could bring in the right player for a midfield position, I would be very happy with our squad.

Pretty Boy
28-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Welcome to Hibs Keith.

Is he our 1st Keith since Keith, Keith, Keith?

The_Exile
28-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Superb, even if it only ends up to the end of the season. We would never have been able to attract players of this calibre to us in this league if it wasn't for Stubbs, all the players seem to be loving it. Watson will know Robertson, Allan and probably Farid from their days at Utd and I've no doubt they've all spoken highly of Stubbs and convinced him this is the place to be.

:gwa:

Just Alf
28-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Really disappointed in this

I've literally just had my annual leave request for Monday signed off :fuming:

southsider
28-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Absolutely thrilled with this signing!! We have a fantastic squad right now and this further indicates that we are serious about going straight back up via the play offs!

The days of us scrambling about at 10.30pm on TDD snatching at any cr#p that was left appear to be over, thank God. Well done all and AS looks to have a real eye for a player.

kentao
28-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Cracking Signing, Maybe the 3-5-2 option is finally avaliable and we can play Gray and Stevenson further up the park without the need to break their necks to get back if we lose possession.

Just waiting on a replacement for Craig with similar calibre of Allan and mcgeouch and i`ll be over the moon.

Nice to see we have a decent system in place now that if a players not avalaible we have another 2 or 3 lined up and willing to move quickly in the transfer market.

Changed times indeed.

Looking forward to the weekend :flag:

worcesterhibby
28-01-2015, 02:27 PM
when you see the standard of football we are playing and the standard and timings of the signings we are making..it really does just go to highlight how utterly crap many of our previous managers have been in recent years. Having said that, I do think that Leanne deserves a huge amount of credit for the way we are conducting business these days. My understanding is that she does almost all the negotiating..Alan Stubbs has his wish list and she does everything she can to make it happen.

Long, Long , Long may they both continue to work for Hibernian Football Club !

J-C
28-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Cracking Signing, Maybe the 3-5-2 option is finally avaliable and we can play Gray and Stevenson further up the park without the need to break their necks to get back if we lose possession.

Just waiting on a replacement for Craig with similar calibre of Allan and mcgeouch and i`ll be over the moon.

Nice to see we have a decent system in place now that if a players not avalaible we have another 2 or 3 lined up and willing to move quickly in the transfer market.

Changed times indeed.

Looking forward to the weekend :flag:

Only problem with 3-5-2 is we lose a player from the midfield where we have been very strong recently, who drops out?

Zazu62
28-01-2015, 03:07 PM
Welcome to Hibernian

kentao
28-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Only problem with 3-5-2 is we lose a player from the midfield where we have been very strong recently, who drops out?

The ones i would want in their would be Stevenson Allan McGeouch Gray

Robertsons came onto a game recently but feel him and Craig are a fair bit away from the standard that is Allan and McGeouch.

J-C
28-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Robertsons came onto a game recently but feel him and Craig are a fair bit away from the standard that is Allan and McGeouch.

You're a player short :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
28-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Robertsons came onto a game recently but feel him and Craig are a fair bit away from the standard that is Allan and McGeouch.Robertson has been better than Allan for the past month.

Stuarty27
28-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Delighted with this signing.

Fingers crossed he stays fit and I think he will do well.

kentao
28-01-2015, 04:18 PM
You're a player short :greengrin

The 4 i mentioned are the ones that must be in the team the 5th player could be either Craig or Robertson but i`d be looking for better.
:wink:

--------
28-01-2015, 04:56 PM
And he can play right sided centre back, means we can at with 2 right footers and 2 left footers in our back 4

I think we should keep the guys' religion out of this, please? :devil:

erin go bragh
28-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Welcome to Hibs Keith.

Is he our 1st Keith since Keith, Keith, Keith?

Keith Houchen ! No sure if he was pre or after Keith Keith Keith

Ggtth

neil7908
28-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Shocked and delighted by this. Reckon we have any chance of keeping him beyond the end of the loan or is he England bound?

kaimendhibs
28-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Keith Houchen ! No sure if he was pre or after Keith Keith Keith

Ggtth
After

sleeping giant
28-01-2015, 07:56 PM
After

You sure ?

bigwheel
28-01-2015, 08:02 PM
You sure ?

Wright signed after Houchen....

sleeping giant
28-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Wright signed after Houchen....

I know

hibseleven
28-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Not a fan of 3-5-2 formation at any level of football. A defensively minded midfielder is required I feel. If Robertson isn't playing we don't currently have a similar style of replacement. Not seen Scott a martin playing. Is that his position?

PeterboroHibee
29-01-2015, 07:32 AM
Not a fan of 3-5-2 formation at any level of football. A defensively minded midfielder is required I feel. If Robertson isn't playing we don't currently have a similar style of replacement. Not seen Scott a martin playing. Is that his position?

I think 352 can be a very effective formation if you have the right players. I think weve had some real success with it this season, whilst Man Utd are probably a good example of it being a complete disaster. I wouldnt say a defensive midfielder is specifically required as long as the 3 in midfield are able to work as a unit and cover for each other.

JimBHibees
29-01-2015, 05:17 PM
I think 352 can be a very effective formation if you have the right players. I think weve had some real success with it this season, whilst Man Utd are probably a good example of it being a complete disaster. I wouldnt say a defensive midfielder is specifically required as long as the 3 in midfield are able to work as a unit and cover for each other.

We used it pretty well when McLeish was here and Franck was sweeper.

DAVE1875
31-01-2015, 11:44 AM
Keen for a permanent deal as well, if he does well to the point where we don't know if we want him or Gray to play then I'd be all for it

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/keith-watson-wants-a-permanent-deal-at-hibs-1-3675685