PDA

View Full Version : Calum Booth signs for Partick

Jumbo
28-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Just seen this on twitter

Thecat23
28-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Was done yesterday mate. Posted it last night! I like booth I hope he does well.

HappyHibby93
28-01-2015, 10:19 AM
Wouldn't be the worst thing, although who do we have as a spare left back

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Aldo
28-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Was done yesterday mate. Posted it last night! I like booth I hope he does well.

Yip indeed! Good luck to the lad.

Trust Stubbs and his management team to get it right tho.

Probably the best for both parties.

Billychaotic182
28-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Wouldn't be the worst thing, although who do we have as a spare left back

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Crane? Still might be a bit young. I guess when Jordon is back Hanlon could play left back also.

snooky
28-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Good move for him.
Always thought he had a bit of class.
Sorry to see him go.

Nevi_SOL
28-01-2015, 10:27 AM
This is like when spoony left. Good players on their days but best for parties to continue advancing in the right directions

Bostonhibby
28-01-2015, 10:29 AM
Good luck to the guy, I rated him, never an out and out defender but could turn out to be a very good attacking midfielder - mis used by some honking managers which hasn't helped his development.

DaveF
28-01-2015, 10:36 AM
Quite disappointed with this news. I think Booth is an excellent attacking option in midfield, has good feet, great energy and good attitude. If used correctly he'll be a good addition to Partick.

All the best to him.

Thecat23
28-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Yip indeed! Good luck to the lad.

Trust Stubbs and his management team to get it right tho.

Probably the best for both parties.

Yeah have to trust Stubbs as he's done great imo so far. Good luck to him and hope he goes on and does well.

Aldo
28-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Yeah have to trust Stubbs as he's done great imo so far. Good luck to him and hope he goes on and does well.

Yip. Best for both parties.... For all I like Booth there is no sentiment in this game and if it means the club doing better then it's fine by me.

Smartie
28-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Quite disappointed with this news. I think Booth is an excellent attacking option in midfield, has good feet, great energy and good attitude. If used correctly he'll be a good addition to Partick.

All the best to him.

I agree 100%.

Has never really had a run in the team since he broke through under Calderwood (and he was the only positive to come out of that era).

The worst thing that happened for him at Hibs was Lewis Stevenson finding form and consistency under managers prepared to play him at left-back every week.

Booth, at 24, needs first team football every week though and he shouldn't be a Championship 2nd choice.

Bets of luck to him. Other than the odd defensive lapse he's never let us down.

J-C
28-01-2015, 10:42 AM
With the system Stubbs uses we need complete wingbacks, that means they have to do a hell of a lot of tracking back, so stamina and strength is important and while Booth is good going forward the few times I have seen him this year he has been a bit on the lazy side when it comes to getting back into position. The few times where he's looked ok was when he was played as a CH and defending was all he had to do, or when we went to a back 3 and again defending isn't a top priority, it's always been his weakest part of his game and unfortunately he's never improved enough to get a regular slot.

Iain G
28-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Thought he would have stayed til end of season, did well the other week playing that left wingback role. Hanlon as cover for Lewis?!

J-C
28-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Crane? Still might be a bit young. I guess when Jordon is back Hanlon could play left back also.

And so too can Fontaine. :agree:

BH Hibs
28-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Stv says loan deal is this correct?

Billychaotic182
28-01-2015, 11:10 AM

Never knew that. Well we have plenty of options

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2015, 11:11 AM
good luck to the laddie

scoopyboy
28-01-2015, 11:16 AM

Yes.

Billy Whizz
28-01-2015, 11:17 AM

He's got 6 months left on his deal at Hibs, so technically correct

Bronson
28-01-2015, 11:29 AM

I'd have thought Hanlon would be a better option if we were to go down that route? He broke through at left back, mind.

EdinMike
28-01-2015, 11:36 AM
Jeeez Booth is 23* ?! Move him I say, love the boy and everything he does but time is time...

JimBHibees
28-01-2015, 11:41 AM
I'd have thought Hanlon would be a better option if we were to go down that route? He broke through at left back, mind.

I think we will bring more in possibly a loan player from EPL who can play left back also.

easty
28-01-2015, 11:53 AM
I think we will bring more in possibly a loan player from EPL who can play left back also.

Someone in particular?

Luke Garbutt at Everton is meant to be quite a prospect, he'd do. :greengrin

davcar
28-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Unfortunate for Booth, big problem that with Gray out we have been playing with 4 left sided defenders very unbalanced

PeeJay
28-01-2015, 12:13 PM
On official site now - disappointed the club hasn't been able to make more out of him - thought he had it in him to be a decent footballer, doesn't seem to be working out, will yet another loan help?

Golden Bear
28-01-2015, 12:17 PM
He's a decent player but I'm still not fully convinced that he's good enough to command a regular first team place.

scoopyboy
28-01-2015, 12:20 PM
On official site now - disappointed the club hasn't been able to make more out of him - thought he had it in him to be a decent footballer, doesn't seem to be working out, will yet another loan help?

Doesn't matter to us now if a loan helps or not, he's played his last game.

easty
28-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Unfortunate for Booth, big problem that with Gray out we have been playing with 4 left sided defenders very unbalanced

I disagree that's the problem, in my opinion, the problem is that Booth isn't a good enough full back.

superfurryhibby
28-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Disappointed that he didn't establish himself here. Good luck at Partick.

Brightside
28-01-2015, 12:26 PM

As other have said - he wont be getting a new deal. Stubbs has had plenty time with him now and can see his plus points and minuses. To play the way Stubbs want you really need to be a full back who will track back at pace. Booth always struggled with that compared to Lewis and Gray.

Good luck to him.

greenlex
28-01-2015, 12:33 PM
In his last few games he has slowed play down too much. Good goal when we shifted to 3 at the back the other week butI think he has reached his level. Championship player at best. Needs to up his work ethic to play at wingback. Good luck to the laddie. He hasn't really progressed as I thought he might.

jdships
28-01-2015, 12:35 PM
As other have said - he wont be getting a new deal. Stubbs has had plenty time with him now and can see his plus points and minuses. To play the way Stubbs want you really need to be a full back who will track back at pace. Booth always struggled with that compared to Lewis and Gray.

Good luck to him.
:agree:

The word is that he has been working on his defensive qualities for some time and the coaching satff have not seen a great improvement and decided to let him move on.
This I heard albeit second hand via EM's and will not comment further
Good luck to the lad !!

JimBHibees
28-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Someone in particular?

Luke Garbutt at Everton is meant to be quite a prospect, he'd do. :greengrin

No wasnt hinting or anything just wouldn't be surprised if we brought one or two loan players until the end of the season.

davcar
28-01-2015, 01:05 PM
I disagree that's the problem, in my opinion, the problem is that Booth isn't a good enough full back.

Definately not a RB for sure, and tends to be caught high up the pitch, think he could have done a job in the 352 system Stubbs employed earlier in the season but not in the current system.

KeithTheHibby
28-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Will be a test for him moving up to a league he hasn't played in for a few years.

Good luck to him, a very likeable lad.

MB62
28-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I seem to be an almost lone voice here but I would say once again, we have improved the team/squad with Booth moving on and Watson moving in.

I thought Callum was going to be a star when he first broke through to the first team, although always fancied him more an attacking left sided midfield player than a left back as I thought he lacked defensively. His recent appearances have been 'decent' but nothing more and I think he will be just another player who didn't fulfil his early potential.

Wish the lad well but not sad to see him move on.

jdships
28-01-2015, 03:00 PM
I seem to be an almost lone voice here but I would say once again, we have improved the team/squad with Booth moving on and Watson moving in.

I thought Callum was going to be a star when he first broke through to the first team, although always fancied him more an attacking left sided midfield player than a left back as I thought he lacked defensively. His recent appearances have been 'decent' but nothing more and I think he will be just another player who didn't fulfil his early potential.

Wish the lad well but not sad to see him move on.

J-C
28-01-2015, 03:10 PM

Hanlon is the better option but as I said, Fontaine is an option too and he looks a bit quicker than Hanlon, just good to see the way the club is being shaped TBH, lots of options all over the park.

J-C
28-01-2015, 03:12 PM

The word is that he has been working on his defensive qualities for some time and the coaching satff have not seen a great improvement and decided to let him move on.
This I heard albeit second hand via EM's and will not comment further
Good luck to the lad !!

He's been working on his defensive frailties since he broke into the 1st tean and he's 23 now, he aint gonnna get any better now, good luck to him but his time has now come.

Smartie
28-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Hanlon is the better option but as I said, Fontaine is an option too and he looks a bit quicker than Hanlon, just good to see the way the club is being shaped TBH, lots of options all over the park.

Meh. What are we going to moan about now?

Just over a year ago I was getting to the point where I was almost finding it acceptable that a Premier league team should have about 45 defensive central midfielders, a permanent stop-gap right back, no wingers, no pace and no idea how to get our strikers into the game.

Great credit to Stubbs/ Dempster that they have managed to manufacture this in 2 transfer windows. No mean feat. Or does it say more about what was going wrong before?

J-C
28-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Meh. What are we going to moan about now?

Just over a year ago I was getting to the point where I was almost finding it acceptable that a Premier league team should have about 45 defensive central midfielders, a permanent stop-gap right back, no wingers, no pace and no idea how to get our strikers into the game.

Great credit to Stubbs/ Dempster that they have managed to manufacture this in 2 transfer windows. No mean feat. Or does it say more about what was going wrong before?

Deffo, also shows Petrie couldn't run this club properly and always looking for the cheap last minute buys, just a pity it took so long to get shot of Butcher and get Stubbs in or we could be pushing for the title instead of a play off spot.