PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NEW NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS ELECTED BY SUPPORTERS

RSS Bot
26-01-2015, 05:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5145)

Hibernian FC today announced the result of the election of new Non-Executive Directors by the club’s supporters.

The two, who will represent the views of supporters on the Club’s Board, are Frank Dougan (who polled 571 votes) and Amit Moudgil (who polled 343 votes) out of a total of more than 3,000 votes cast.

Hibernian would like to thank all of the 17 candidates who took part, demonstrating great commitment and desire to be engaged with, and involved in, the future of their Club. Several have already indicated their desire to continue to assist the Club.

Outside of the two elected, those who finished highest in the poll were Kevin Martin (297 votes), Duncan Walker (248 votes) and Gordon Munro (238 votes).

The newly elected candidates will officially join the Board at the next meeting in February.

Commenting, Rod Petrie, Chairman, said: “The Club said it was committed to greater supporter representation, and I am delighted that so many supporters took the time to vote. We will welcome the new directors to the Board at our next scheduled meeting and look forward to their insight and input.”

Leeann Dempster, Chief Executive, said: “In our consultation poll, 85% of supporters said they wanted fan representation on the Board. We’ve listened, and this is a further demonstration of the enormous change taking place at the Club.”

matty_f
26-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Well done to Frank and Amit.

Hopefully we'll see Frank on here at some point.:agree:

Billy Whizz
26-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Great news, the fans have voted, let's get behind these 2 guys. I spoke to Frank on Saturday, but I haven't met Amit yes

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Well done Frank and Amit....

Lots of votes for Frank, considering he didn't use social media vehicle...

Andy74
26-01-2015, 05:48 PM

Well done Amit and Frank.

I'd like to have seen Frank engage on here though - will he do that in his role? He should. There's more to Hibs fans than the supporter associations.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Well done Amit and Frank.

I'd like to have seen Frank engage on here though - will he do that in his role? He should. There's more to Hibs fans than the supporter associations.

That was my biggest concern about Frank being nominated, I posted during the nominations that if a candidate couldn't be bothered getting on here then they were wasting everyone's time by putting themselves forward for the role because they have to represent here and the Bounce as well.

ian cruise
26-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Well done both and best of luck going forward. I'm sure both will give 100% to the roles

Pete
26-01-2015, 05:57 PM
That was my biggest concern about Frank being nominated, I posted during the nominations that if a candidate couldn't be bothered getting on here then they were wasting everyone's time by putting themselves forward for the role because they have to represent here and the Bounce as well.

He finished first so he must have the ear of a few supporters. Maybe Amit can be the one that deals with gauging online opinion.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 05:58 PM

Didn't put himself forward as I recall either - I hope he makes the effort to make this position work for all the fans wherever they might 'hang out'. Still, the people have spoken.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 05:59 PM
He finished first so he must have the ear of a few supporters. Maybe Amit can be the one that deals with gauging online opinion.

They should both be doing it, IMHO. Maybe he will, I am not about to start giving the guy grief for something he hasn't not done yet (is there a thread about that on here?).

I wish them both the best of luck though - it's a thankless task by the look of it, and they've got their work cut out trying to keep everyone happy.

Jack
26-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Look forward to Frank and Amit coming on here and letting us know how it's going!

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:02 PM

Indeed

Amit
26-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys. I'm completely humbled by the opportunity (still hasn't sunk in!).

Mikey - Thanks for the Avatar.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

:thumbsup:

Pete
26-01-2015, 06:05 PM
They should both be doing it, IMHO. Maybe he will, I am not about to start giving the guy grief for something he hasn't not done yet (is there a thread about that on here?).

I wish them both the best of luck though - it's a thankless task by the look of it, and they've got their work cut out trying to keep everyone happy.

Maybe Frank doesn't know one end of a PC from the other and I suppose it wouldn't be fair to ask him to use a medium he isn't comfortable with.

To some people an iPad is something you apply after an injury.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Maybe Frank doesn't know one end of a PC from the other and I suppose it wouldn't be fair to ask him to use a medium he isn't comfortable with.

How long would it take to learn how to use hibs.net or the bounce? Have you seen some of the posts on here - we're not talking about the intellectual elite!!:greengrin

Of course it would be fair to ask him, he's put himself out there to represent us, we never asked him to go for it. If he's not willing to represent us then he should let whoever came third take his place IMHO.

Anyway, as I said - I'm not wanting to hang the guy out to dry for something that he hasn't done (or hasn't not done), I wish him every success in the role (so long as he actually represents us!).

Billy Whizz
26-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Haven't met you Amit, congratulations

Hermit Crab
26-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I know Frank pretty well but who's Amit?? :confused: :confused:

Leith Mo
Thanks to all who gave me their vote. Let's all get behind Frank and Amit and make all our voices heard. Well done Frank and Amit - I know that you will do a good job.

Danderhall Hibs

Have we elected a 20th century NED for the 21st century?

I'll send the club a telegram in the morning to ask.

Andy74

I think its fair to ask fans reps on the board to try and represent the entire body of the Hibs support and to make the effort to learn the various way to do that.

It would be the same if someone has used social media - they should also be seeing people in the supporters clubs and pubs.

lucky
Not all fans use message boards. Clearly Frank is well known amongst the support. The key for both of them is supporter engagement and that must be in many formats

jacomo
26-01-2015, 06:12 PM

Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the role.

Also, well done for 'outing yourself' on here... I recall discussion around this, but I think if you are going to engage on social media and are in a position of responsibility at the club, then it is only fair that we all know who you are, so to speak.

I don't think it's essential that Frank does do social media - he got huge backing, so would be ridiculous to say he is somehow unrepresentative of the supporters. But it would be great if Hibs.net could post contact details for the both of you... even if it means someone at Hibs printing out Frank's emails for him! :wink:

Billy Whizz
How long would it take to learn how to use hibs.net or the bounce? Have you seen some of the posts on here - we're not talking about the intellectual elite!!:greengrin

Of course it would be fair to ask him, he's put himself out there to represent us, we never asked him to go for it. If he's not willing to represent us then he should let whoever came third take his place IMHO.

Anyway, as I said - I'm not wanting to hang the guy out to dry for something that he hasn't done (or hasn't not done), I wish him every success in the role (so long as he actually represents us!).

Matty, I see Frank at every away game. He's always near the front and always willing and available for a chat, whenever I see him

Pretty Boy
Congratulations to both.

2 completely different generations and styles represented so it could work out as a nice balance.

manx hibee
26-01-2015, 06:15 PM

Congtrats Amit now give us supporters a voice
GGTTH

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Congratulations, I hope you enjoy the role.

Also, well done for 'outing yourself' on here... I recall discussion around this, but I think if you are going to engage on social media and are in a position of responsibility at the club, then it is only fair that we all know who you are, so to speak.

I don't think it's essential that Frank does do social media - he got huge backing, so would be ridiculous to say he is somehow unrepresentative of the supporters. But it would be great if Hibs.net could post contact details for the both of you... even if it means someone at Hibs printing out Frank's emails for him! :wink:

571 isn't what I'd call huge backing, given the size of the support. That's more unrepresentative of the Hibs support than Hibs.net with our thousands fo users. It's just scratching the surface of the support.

He might have every intention of getting on here, I hope he does. I'm sure the people that voted for him did so in the knowledge that he'll be good for the role and I'm happy to go with that view.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:21 PM
571 isn't what I'd call huge backing, given the size of the support. That's more unrepresentative of the Hibs support than Hibs.net with our thousands fo users. It's just scratching the surface of the support.

He might have every intention of getting on here, I hope he does. I'm sure the people that voted for him did so in the knowledge that he'll be good for the role and I'm happy to go with that view.

It is 20% of the total vote Matty.....

Don't think FD will use .net or bounce, but he is seen at every game, and under 20's matches too..... Easy to recognise and sure most people know of him

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:27 PM
It is 20% of the total vote Matty.....

Don't think FD will use .net or bounce, but he is seen at every game, and under 20's matches too..... Easy to recognise and sure most people know of him

I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.

The total vote wasn't massive though, was it? I've no qualms with the results, by the way, and I've nothing against Frank at all - I'm just making the point that if he's going to be representative of the support then he needs to cover more bases than he has so far.

Hibeewilly
26-01-2015, 06:28 PM
Congratulations to both Frank and Amit. GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I think it's poor if he doesn't, to be honest. I've not got time to find folk at games and generally can't get to the under 20's games either. I would have thought an online presence would have been essential for the role, I'm surprised Hibs didn't vet him out the process if he made it clear he had no intention of coming online.

There maybe a rule about using the internet unwisely? Not all supporter's are pc literate, so maybe Amit can be social media, and Frank the face to face rep?

Peevemor
26-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Well done to the pair of them as well as the "also rans" who took the time to put themselves forward.

I wonder how many of Frank Dougan's votes were cast before his very public case of verbal diarrhoea last week.

Ronniekirk
26-01-2015, 06:40 PM

Liking your new avatar Now for the hard work to begin ,am sure you will keep us posted on here .

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Well done to the pair of them as well as the "also rans" who took the time to put themselves forward.

I wonder how many of Frank Dougan's votes were cast before his very public case of verbal diarrhoea last week.

What did Frank say last week? Are you mixing him up with Mike Reilly?

Peevemor
26-01-2015, 06:43 PM
What did Frank say last week? Are you mixing him up with Mike Reilly?

Yes I am. What a Dick !

Sorry Frank.

.kcab lla ti ekat I

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Yes I am. What a Dick !

Sorry Frank.

.kcab lla ti ekat I

Haha FD will not be happy being mixed up with someone else (ask Boris)

Brightside
26-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Well done to both and wish them both plenty of success. Personally i;d rather not have a rep with a strong religious background, but I'm sure the position won't be abused to push that agenda. :thumbsup:

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Yes I am. What a Dick !

Sorry Frank.

.kcab lla ti ekat I

:faf: Brest. :tee hee:

lyonhibs
26-01-2015, 06:47 PM
What did Frank say last weyou mixing him up with Mike Reilly?

I think he is and to be honest I was on the brink of doing so myself.

Well done to both winners. Not really fussed if FD isn't prone to surfing the Web. There are umpteen ways and locations for communicating with fellow fans.

Mr White
26-01-2015, 06:47 PM

Congratulations Amit, I'm glad you were one of the successful candidates. All the best with it :aok:

Pete
26-01-2015, 06:49 PM

It's not as if he'll ever find out.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 06:50 PM

:faf:

Hiber-nation
26-01-2015, 06:53 PM
There maybe a rule about using the internet unwisely? Not all supporter's are pc literate, so maybe Amit can be social media, and Frank the face to face rep?

Exactly. Don't see any problem with Frank not being a member on here..

It's good that they are a diverse pair.

FranckSuzy
26-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Well done to the successful candidates and good luck in your new positions. If you need a chum in the Directors Box, I'm your (wo)man :tee hee:

ekhibee
26-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Was Frank Dougan head of some supporters branch or something? He was one of the ones the press seemed to go to when something was happening at Hibs, that's the only reason I know of him, I've never met him. I didn't vote for either of them, but hope that they stay in touch with the fans.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:57 PM

fair point:not worth

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Was Frank Dougan head of some supporters branch or something? He was one of the ones the press seemed to go to when something was happening at Hibs, that's the only reason I know of him, I've never met him. I didn't vote for either of them, but hope that they stay in touch with the fans.

Treasurer of HSA (Formerly, not anymore)

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Well done to the successful candidates and good luck in your new positions. If you need a chum in the Directors Box, I'm your (wo)man :tee hee:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::greengrin

Who could I throw things at, if you move upstairs?

God Petrie
26-01-2015, 07:00 PM
He's on Twitter so I'm not exactly sure where this technophobe thing is coming from.

FranckSuzy
26-01-2015, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::greengrin

Who could I throw things at, if you move upstairs?

Mike :faf:

oconnors_strip
26-01-2015, 07:05 PM

The total vote wasn't massive though, was it? I've no qualms with the results, by the way, and I've nothing against Frank at all - I'm just making the point that if he's going to be representative of the support then he needs to cover more bases than he has so far.

Frank has Twitter :aok:

Andy74
26-01-2015, 07:09 PM
He's on Twitter so I'm not exactly sure where this technophobe thing is coming from.

It was more the lack of engagement with a pretty large section of the support. Hope that doesnt continue.

Hibby Kay-Yay
26-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Exactly. Don't see any problem with Frank not being a member on here..

It's good that they are a diverse pair.

Agreed, saying that he's not internet savvy is akin to saying a players website is rubbish :wink:

Mikey
26-01-2015, 07:11 PM
@hibsnet is now following Frank Dougan on Twitter and any Tweets will appear in the Twitter thingumybob on the PM board.

Weststandwanab
26-01-2015, 07:11 PM

All the best to you both.

Thanks to all who gave me their vote. Let's all get behind Frank and Amit and make all our voices heard. Well done Frank and Amit - I know that you will do a good job.

Nice touch

Have we elected a 20th century NED for the 21st century?

I'll send the club a telegram in the morning to ask.

Surely you mean a Carrier Pigeon

Given the number of candidates I would say 571 is a significant portion of the support.

On top of that the margin between 1st and 2nd given the volume of votes is quite substantial.

jonty
26-01-2015, 07:12 PM
well done everyone :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 07:15 PM
@hibsnet is now following Frank Dougan on Twitter and any Tweets will appear in the Twitter thingumybob on the PM board.

:aok::aok:

matty_f
26-01-2015, 07:16 PM
All the best to you both.

Nice touch

Surely you mean a Carrier Pigeon

Given the number of candidates I would say 571 is a significant portion of the support.

On top of that the margin between 1st and 2nd given the volume of votes is quite substantial.

I think the level of candidates is less relevant than the number of people they have to represent.

Gerard
26-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Well done Amit. In this election we are all winners as all the candidates can still contribute in some way to make our club a better one. I look forward to seeing you and Frank at Working Together meetings. I hope that you and Frank enjoy your time on the Hibs BODs.
regards. Thanks to the people who voted for me as I appreciate the time you took to do so.
Thanks
Gerard

trev the hat
26-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Well done to both, especially Amit !! Good luck guys !!

H18S NX
26-01-2015, 07:22 PM

To some people an iPad is something you apply after an injury.....I can assure Frank knows how to work a computer

Mikey
26-01-2015, 07:23 PM

There are quite a few Amit Moudgil's on Twitter but I can't see ours. Might just pick one at random for a laugh :greengrin

sleeping giant
26-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Well done both.
I couldn't care less if Frank Dougan doesn't post on here.
In fact , I'd rather he didn't .
How much utter drivel gets posted on here ? How many undercover rival fans are on here ?

Good luck to both guys.
Don't think I've met Amit.

H18S NX
26-01-2015, 07:25 PM
Haha FD will not be happy being mixed up with someone else (ask Boris)....Especially when it is Mike Reilly:agree:

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Well done both.
I couldn't care less if Frank Dougan doesn't post on here.
In fact , I'd rather he didn't .
How much utter drivel gets posted on here ? How many undercover rival fans are on here ?

Good luck to both guys.
Don't think I've met Amit.

:agree::agree:

Hibby D
26-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Well done to both and wish them both plenty of success. Personally i;d rather not have a rep with a strong religious background, but I'm sure the position won't be abused to push that agenda. :thumbsup:

I'm confused. What agenda are you referring to?

Huge congratulations to Amit :top marks

Although I didn't vote for Frank I'm hoping to be convinced he's the right man for the job and I genuinely wish him the very best of luck. I hope I'm eating humble pie soon. :aok:

BT58
26-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Ive followed Hibernian for 40 odd years and have seen FD home and away for the majority of those years. Whilst my situation means that my loyalty has waned due to health and unemployment issues i believe big Frank ( not so big now) is still as passionate in his support for HFC as he was all those years ago.
He may not be pc friendly but im sure with the proper guidance he will get up to speed.
Good luck to Amit and Frank.
B

Glorious St Pat
26-01-2015, 07:41 PM

And what agenda would that be? So what if he has done charitable work with the Stella Maris....sure Tom Farmer knows Frank well from his duties at the church. Oh another historical link to the Hibs as well through St Mary's!

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Well done to both, first met Frank in 91/92 when he used to sit in front of me in the old West stand or whatever it was called then, my first season as a Hibs supporter and I had to listen to Frank every home game, he was considerably bigger then too. :wink:

marinello59
26-01-2015, 07:50 PM
And what agenda would that be? So what if he has done charitable work with the Stella Maris....sure Tom Farmer knows Frank well from his duties at the church. Oh another historical link to the Hibs as well through St Mary's!

For once I agree with you, he shouldn't be criticised for that.
Do you mean Stella Maris, the seafarers charity by the way?

Brightside
26-01-2015, 07:52 PM

I wouldn't vote for an MP that believes in mythical beings either. I'm sure he will do his best to represent the majority of Hibs fans on all Hibs matters.

Eyrie
26-01-2015, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't vote for an MP that believes in mythical beings either. I'm sure he will do his best to represent the majority of Hibs fans on all Hibs matters.

Surely what matters is how good a job he does representing the fans on the board? It's irrelevant whether he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, God or any other mythical being.

ronaldo7
Congratulations to both guys on taking up their position on the Board of Hibernian FC. Great result for you both:agree:

I hope you both have a very enjoyable time throughout your time in office.

Best wishes to the remaining candidates, and better luck next time:aok:

cabbageandribs1875
i hope FD's first task will be giving the poster known as blackpoolhibs a free programme for a match of his choice

:greengrin

congrats to the two selected

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2015, 08:00 PM
i hope FD's first task will be giving the poster known as blackpoolhibs a free programme for a match of his choice

congrats to the two selected

:greengrin Aye very good, well done the winners.

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2015, 08:01 PM
:greengrin Aye very good, well done the winners.

Brightside
26-01-2015, 08:03 PM
Surely what matters is how good a job he does representing the fans on the board? It's irrelevant whether he believes in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, God or any other mythical being.

Yes 100% agree with that.

mca
26-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Congratulations to both.

2 completely different generations and styles represented so it could work out as a nice balance.

That was a good idea by Hibs.. Might just help by Keeping older Values Traditions and opinions alive..

I can understand This.. Stay away from FacelessBook whilst Drunk folks..

....I can assure Frank knows how to work a computer

Yes - and he Probably does not want a thousand tweets every time Hibs lose a game :wink:

Amit
26-01-2015, 08:10 PM
There are quite a few Amit Moudgil's on Twitter but I can't see ours. Might just pick one at random for a laugh :greengrin

I'll get myself set up with one [emoji6][emoji106]

Leith Mo
26-01-2015, 08:10 PM
For once I agree with you, he shouldn't be criticised for that.
Do you mean Stella Maris, the seafarers charity by the way?

St Mary's Star of the Sea (St Mary's Stella Maris) 106 Constitution Street Leith. CMS (Formerly CYMS) connection. Frank will know my family as my dad and uncle (RIP both) were past presidents

PatHead
26-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Firstly well done to both candidates do us proud.

Can I also take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will still happily do my best for Hibs.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Can I also take the opportunity to say thanks to everyone who voted for me. Will still happily do my best for Hibs.

Kevin, you fought a good campaign on here. Keep up the good work you do with Hibs, maybe your time in 2 years time

Carheenlea
26-01-2015, 08:21 PM
I don`t see the issue at all with Frank Dougan not spending time on fans forums. He has been elected to represent the supporters, and as such, his attendance at pretty much every home and away game means he will be easily accessible to said supporters who wish to discuss any issues.

tamig
26-01-2015, 08:25 PM

Well done Amit. You got my vote bud.

invisible man
26-01-2015, 08:28 PM

tamig
26-01-2015, 08:33 PM

So long as he doesn't masquerade as Glorious St Pat on here I'm happy to see how he goes in the role.

HibbyKeith
26-01-2015, 08:41 PM
I don`t see the issue at all with Frank Dougan not spending time on fans forums. He has been elected to represent the supporters, and as such, his attendance at pretty much every home and away game means he will be easily accessible to said supporters who wish to discuss any issues.

There are currently 182 people viewing just this thread as I type this, how long would Frank have to stand to get the opinion of all these people?

I think that its really important that both the reps are available via the internet, It's the way of the world now and without doubt the easiest way to cast a wider net of supporter opinion. I'm not suggesting they spend hours on end on social media, but even once a week/month (depending on demand) starting a moderated thread for supporter views and opinions on both here and the Bounce, These threads would allow everyone to have a voice, and more importantly a voice that they know is being heard by the people that are able to take their views to the board room.

This is a chance for the support to be heard, I hope that both Frank and Amit make it as easy as possible for that to happen.

Congratulations to them both. :aok:

matty_f
26-01-2015, 08:53 PM
There are currently 182 people viewing just this thread as I type this, how long would Frank have to stand to get the opinion of all these people?

I think that its really important that both the reps are available via the internet, It's the way of the world now and without doubt the easiest way to cast a wider net of supporter opinion. I'm not suggesting they spend hours on end on social media, but even once a week/month (depending on demand) starting a moderated thread for supporter views and opinions on both here and the Bounce, These threads would allow everyone to have a voice, and more importantly a voice that they know is being heard by the people that are able to take their views to the board room.

This is a chance for the support to be heard, I hope that both Frank and Amit make it as easy as possible for that to happen.

Well said.

greenginger
26-01-2015, 08:57 PM

Tough luck Kevin, close but no cigar as they say.

Dougan got the other family votes because I've known and seen ( more likely heard ) Frank at the games since the 60/70's and think that he is an easily recognised figure amongst nearly all our support.

As for Frank not using social media , it was mostly anti-social communications back in those days, but I'm he's mellowed. :greengrin

PatHead
26-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Tough luck Kevin, close but no cigar as they say.

Dougan got the other family votes because I've known and seen ( more likely heard ) Frank at the games since the 60/70's and think that he is an easily recognised figure amongst nearly all our support.

As for Frank not using social media , it was mostly anti-social communications back in those days, but I'm he's mellowed. :greengrin

Thanks, hurting tonight but well done to the guys.

Hope Frank does engage online. It will help him relate supporters views.

Sure Amit will.

WhileTheChief..
26-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Am i the only one that just doesn't get this? So far all I've really heard is about how they will help with communication between fans and the board. In what way?

If they are going to canvass the opinion of fans on here and the Bounce then surely the existing Board could just continue reading what's being said as they do now!

I'm really not wanting to rain on anyone's parade and congrats to the 2 lads but to me a bigger board just means longer meetings and more difficulty in arriving at decisions.

There could potentially be more board members from HSL too.

So we have fans voting for board members, HSL members voting for HSL Board members, HSL Board members voting for HFC board members.

I'm sure there a valid reasons and I'm not against it in any way but to me, as soon as they take up their posts they become a director the same as the rest. I just don't get it.

What issues are we talking about that might change? Kick off times / TV / Pricing ??? How much of an impact can anyone have on these things?

Will they have a say on who our next manager is? Or decide to sack Stubbs somewhere down the line?

Can they get us white sleeves again? :greengrin

What am I missing?

PatHead
26-01-2015, 09:14 PM
Am i the only one that just doesn't get this? So far all I've really heard is about how they will help with communication between fans and the board. In what way?

If they are going to canvass the opinion of fans on here and the Bounce then surely the existing Board could just continue reading what's being said as they do now!

I'm really not wanting to rain on anyone's parade and congrats to the 2 lads but to me a bigger board just means longer meetings and more difficulty in arriving at decisions.

There could potentially be more board members from HSL too.

So we have fans voting for board members, HSL members voting for HSL Board members, HSL Board members voting for HFC board members.

I'm sure there a valid reasons and I'm not against it in any way but to me, as soon as they take up their posts they become a director the same as the rest. I just don't get it.

What issues are we talking about that might change? Kick off times / TV / Pricing ??? How much of an impact can anyone have on these things?

Will they have a say on who our next manager is? Or decide to sack Stubbs somewhere down the line?

Can they get us white sleeves again? :greengrin

What am I missing?
I think the board will change shortly. Got to be careful I don't sound bitter but it is nothing I would not have said if I had made it onto the Board.

Some Directors should look in the mirror. They were on the watch when we were relegated and have to accept culpability for it. They should resign. I hope they realise their position and do what is best for our club. I am sure the Board will change, good luck to the guys and make sure our voice is heard.

Brooster
26-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here. He obviously has the ear of the core support and will continue to do so with his presence in and around all Hibs games including u20s games. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.

Gerard
26-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Kevin, you fought a good campaign on here. Keep up the good work you do with Hibs, maybe your time in 2 years time

Kevin I thought you presented in a very positive way. You have done good work via the 'School project and the 1914 project' We have worked for some time on the WT process. I gave you my second vote as I know you have contributed a lot of time on making our club a better club. I hope you will stand in the future and perhaps then your time will come to served as a Hibs director. In this time there are many things that we can all do to make our club a better one. The WT process is a good vehicle for making this happen.
regards
Gerard

matty_f
26-01-2015, 09:27 PM
Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here. He obviously has the ear of the core support and will continue to do so with his presence in and around all Hibs games including u20s games. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.

Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore that he knows.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2015, 09:31 PM
Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore that he knows.

:agree:

scoopyboy
26-01-2015, 09:33 PM

Matty, I love Hibs.net as much as the next member but you are way over the top with this criticism of Frank because he doesn't post.

All thread you have been on about it so to me you are overestimating the power of the net or you have an agenda against Frank Dougan.

Jack
26-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Absolutely.

It would be a travesty if the 100s or 1,000s on here and on the Bounce weren't given a hearing by both candidates.

I don't think it's good enough for one to say I'll look after this faction and ignore the rest. Both are there to represent the support.

Brooster
26-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Representing the core support is all well and good but he has to represent the wider support, not just the hardcore tsomeone who knows.

Of course and im sure Frank will find a balance which suits him. Im also sure he will not waste too much time on social media liaising with someone who has maybe been to 2 games in 12 years.

Argylehibby
Congratulations to the 2 successful candidates, I wish you both the very best of luck in the new roles. I have to say I was fully expecting Amit and Kevin Martin to be the duo who won through based on the thread on here.

Scouse Hibee
I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity for people to converse with Frank in and around Easter Road and indeed at away games. Those who attend neither can always send him a letter :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Of course and im sure Frank will find a balance which suits him. Im also sure he will not waste too much time on social media liaising with someone who has maybe been to 2 games in 12 years.

Will he waste his time on social media with someone that's been to 500 games in the last 12 years?

matty_f
26-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Matty, I love Hibs.net as much as the next member but you are way over the top with this criticism of Frank because he doesn't post.

All thread you have been on about it so to me you are overestimating the power of the net or you have an agenda against Frank Dougan.

I tried to be clear that I have nothing against Frank, and I genuinely wish him all the best in the role (I've said that a few times, and I mean it), it's not about the power of hibs.net but IMHO it is important that the supporter's rep does exactly that and it's my view that to do so effectively an online presence is essential. I'd have made it a pre-requisite of the role, to be honest.

I've no axe to grind with Frank, none at all. I hope he does a great job.

bingo70
26-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Core support is hibs support. Internet fans don't help you win three points

He needs to appeal to the wider support to win them back though.

Should point out I don't really give a monkeys if he posts or not. If anything I'd think it's probably a good idea not to post, I think most folk, myself included obviously, talk utter ***** on here abd particularly in defeat say things you don't really mean. Any slip of the tongue on here and it'll be held against him and used at every opportunity.

I don't think a director posting on hibs.net will have any bearing on the club at all. Probably a good idea for him and the other directors to read it though.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 09:43 PM

What about the season ticket holders who are online?

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Will he waste his time on social media with someone that's been to 500 games in the last 2 years?

How did you manage that? :wink:

marinello59
26-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Congratulations to the 2 successful candidates, I wish you both the very best of luck in the new roles. I have to say I was fully expecting Amit and Kevin Martin to be the duo who won through based on the thread on here.

The voting stations at Behind the Goals seemed fairly busy so I would guess a lot of votes were cast by non internet users and it would be fair to assume a well known match day face like Frank Dougan would get a decent amount of support from those voters.

Danderhall Hibs
26-01-2015, 09:44 PM
How did you manage that? :wink:

Sky sports and bt subscription. :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Sky sports and bt subscription. :greengrin

PatHead
26-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Kevin I thought you presented in a very positive way. You have done good work via the 'School project and the 1914 project' We have worked for some time on the WT process. I gave you my second vote as I know you have contributed a lot of time on making our club a better club. I hope you will stand in the future and perhaps then your time will come to served as a Hibs director. In this time there are many things that we can all do to make our club a better one. The WT process is a good vehicle for making this happen.
regards
Gerard

Thanks Gerard

Just wish I hadn't been volunteered to chair the next meeting! :-)

See you next month.

FranckSuzy
26-01-2015, 09:48 PM
I hope one of the first things the new reps do is to ban multi-quoting whilst taking about the Hibees :agree: Does my nut in :grr: :wink:

scoopyboy
26-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I tried to be clear that I have nothing against Frank, and I genuinely wish him all the best in the role (I've said that a few times, and I mean it), it's not about the power of hibs.net but IMHO it is important that the supporter's rep does exactly that and it's my view that to do so effectively an online presence is essential. I'd have made it a pre-requisite of the role, to be honest.

I've no axe to grind with Frank, none at all. I hope he does a great job.

I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 09:51 PM
I would imagine that both Amit and Frank will have e-mail addresses supplied to them by Hibs where supporters can get in contact them with any issues they may have.

I think it actually may prove to be unwise for board members to debate things on here with posters, it's not as if they are going to give much away and it could just turn into a slagging match that wouldn't do anybody any favours.

In a nutshell

PatHead
26-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Do think there will be occasions where they can explain the logic behind decisions though. Not every time but on occasion.

That is engaging surely?

Nakedmanoncrack
26-01-2015, 09:53 PM

Big Frank may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's won comfortably, yet because he doesn't post on here he comes in for criticism. Absolutely ridiculous, people exaggerate the importance of a message board which is but one way in which Hibs fans communicate with each other.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Do think there will be occasions where they can explain the logic behind decisions though. Not every time but on occasion.

That is engaging surely?

Depends what Mandate they have from the Board, to discuss certain areas?

Gerard
26-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Thanks Gerard

Just wish I hadn't been volunteered to chair the next meeting! :-)

See you next month.

I think that you can blame me for suggesting that you chair the next meeting of WT. :greengrin When I chair meetings I say very little as I tend to give the maximum time for members to contribute to the meeting. I think that the next meeeting of WT will be as well attended as the last 2 ones. There will be a lot of issues that will be raised for discussion.

DaveF
26-01-2015, 09:57 PM

Big Frank may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's won comfortably, yet because he doesn't post on here he comes in for criticism. Absolutely ridiculous, people exaggerate the importance of a message board which is but one way in which Hibs fans communicate with each other.

I think you are taking Matty's comments out of context a little. He's not said this forum is the be all and end all - that's would be a ridiculous claim - but he has questioned why one of the reps would not have an on line presence both here and elsewhere. I don't think that's overly harsh or unfair to be honest.

Even Leeann Dempster has an account available here. Not exactly over used, mind you, but she has one!

PatHead
26-01-2015, 09:58 PM

Obviously, but there is no sense in representing the support if you can't explain the logic behind decisions now and then.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 09:58 PM

Hold on, I'm not criticising anyone, he's been in the post two minutes!! He might decide to get on here, again I've said I'm not going to criticise someone for something that's not happened yet!

ronaldo7
26-01-2015, 09:59 PM

Hibby Kay-Yay

This :agree:

PatHead
I think you are taking Matty's comments out of context a little. He's not said this forum is the be all and end all - that's would be a ridiculous claim - but he has questioned why one of the reps would not have an on line presence both here and elsewhere. I don't think that's overly harsh or unfair to be honest.

Even Leeann Dempster has an account available here. Not exactly over used, mind you, but she has one!

You can always read but not comment

scoopyboy

That is engaging surely?

I'm not sure how it will pan out to be honest.

Trouble with open posting on the forums is that you aren't always sure you are dealing with genuine questions or indeed posters.

As with all messageboards there are a lot of imposters whose sole aim is to cause mischief.

FWIW I think both guys are in for a hard time and I hope they are prepared for it.

portycabbage
26-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Woe betide ye when ye invoke the wrath of Flying Spaghetti Monster with your heresy. Otherwise you make a fair point.:greengrin

PatHead
26-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Trouble with open posting on the forums is that you aren't always sure you are dealing with genuine questions or indeed posters.

As with all messageboards there are a lot of imposters whose sole aim is to cause mischief.

FWIW I think both guys are in for a hard time and I hope they are prepared for it.

Fair comment

DaveF
26-01-2015, 10:02 PM

I don't think anyone would expect a fans rep to be answering questions left, right and centre from any posters. If they were to post in a representative capacity it would have to be under strict conditions to avoid the situations you describe, IMHO.

Baldy Foghorn
26-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Obviously, but there is no sense in representing the support if you can't explain the logic behind decisions now and then.

Yes agree, but the board will dictate what be can be talked about and what cant

DaveF
26-01-2015, 10:03 PM
You can always read but not comment

True, but you can't feedback unless you register :greengrin

matty_f

What's the difference between discussing things here or face to face? I don't think anyone's expecting big set-to's on subjects, but canvassing opinion or explaining some decisions is surely acceptable?

ronaldo7

Maybe Frank's following LD's lead, in reading the posts but not getting involved:dunno:

Hibby70
26-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Frank's not my cup of tea but I'm sure I can speak for us all in saying thank god it's not Mike Reilly.

DaveF
26-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Maybe Frank's following LD's lead, in reading the posts but not getting involved:dunno:

If Frank or Amit were to post like LD does then I don't think anyone will complain :greengrin (though if they were a bit more posty than she is that would be appreciated!)

FranckSuzy
26-01-2015, 10:06 PM

:Awright!: Frank :greengrin

Gerard
26-01-2015, 10:07 PM
The two 'fans directors' as I see it have a very special part to play on the board. They are to act as a link between fans and the board so that the board will be able to see if their are concerns that fans have. They can discuss these concerns and act upon them if acting is required. Every means of communication should be used, from face to face meetings, 'snail mail' e mail, Hibs website, fans forums and social media. I wish our two new directors an enjoyable time and may theu be successful in their time as directors.:wink:

scoopyboy
26-01-2015, 10:08 PM
I don't think anyone would expect a fans rep to be answering questions left, right and centre from any posters. If they were to post in a representative capacity it would have to be under strict conditions to avoid the situations you describe, IMHO.

What you are saying is perfectly reasonable Dave, but not everyone is as reasonable or logical as yourself.

On a Saturday night after a bad result this place can go into a suicidal meltdown and a lot of crazy things get posted, so in my opinion a lot of crazy questions will be asked of these two guys and worse still they will expect answers.

ronaldo7
26-01-2015, 10:10 PM
If Frank or Amit were to post like LD does then I don't think anyone will complain :greengrin (though if they were a bit more posty than she is that would be appreciated!)

I'm sure Amit will carry the word back to the .net hoardes:greengrin

Frank on the other hand may use other means of communication:gun:

PatHead
26-01-2015, 10:11 PM

..........or they get misquoted, the balance they have to hit is to get the board opinion over whilst still engaging with message boards and internet sites. Whilst the internet does not reach out to everyone it is a great way to engage with a large proportion of the support and keep them up to date. If Amit and Frank ignore the boards until 3 months before the next time around folk will remember and vote accordingly next time around. We are aware that they will encounter a lot of board confidentiality and must adhere to that but to give a "feel" and logic as to why many decisions are taken would not be unreasonable.

The board have not been great in engaging with support to date and this should be a bridge.

DaveF
26-01-2015, 10:14 PM
What you are saying is perfectly reasonable Dave, but not everyone is as reasonable or logical as yourself.

On a Saturday night after a bad result this place can go into a suicidal meltdown and a lot of crazy things get posted, so in my opinion a lot of crazy questions will be asked of these two guys and worse still they will expect answers.

Oh I know, it's usually me starting the threads :greengrin

In that situation, no-one of sane mind would be expecting or demanding answers from fans rep's. In any case, I would not expect the guys to post in those sort of situations.

scoopyboy
26-01-2015, 10:17 PM
What's the difference between discussing things here or face to face? I don't think anyone's expecting big set-to's on subjects, but canvassing opinion or explaining some decisions is surely acceptable?

Because somebody asking a specific question might not want everyone to know the answer, similar I suppose as why people on here can send private messages.

Canvassing opinions I would have no gripe with whatsoever if that is the avenue the guys want to go down, as for explaining some decisions that may or may not be permitted by the board.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 10:17 PM

It's not about being a member of posting from now on. It's more about not engaging with us in the run up and voting. I'd like to have heard from him and maybe for him to answer some questions.

Would a prospective MP decide not to appear on local radio to make himself known and debate issues because he doesn't normally listen to the radio or call phone ins?

ronaldo7
26-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Looking at the results, it seems that Frank's campaign seems to have steamrollered the others by a stretch.

I think the two more prominent posters from here and the bounce picked up lots of votes though. Well done to all:aok:

lucky
26-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Why have the club not published the full result? Surely in the new transparent Hibs the electorate deserve to know the full result.

Pete
26-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Why have the club not published the full result? Surely in the new transparent Hibs the electorate deserve to know the full result.

Why?

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Well done to both winners. I'm sure you'll give your all to the role.

If anyone wants to follow Frank on twitter, https://twitter.com/BigfrankBig

monarch
26-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Congrats to both lads.
i've had the pleasure of sitting at the same table as Amit at the Bank of Scotland FC sportsman's dinner for the past few years at the PBS (I know ! ) and I know how committed he is and will do a great job.

Also have the pleasure (?) of sitting within earshot of Frank in the West lower. Different characters but sure they will compliment each other well and know they are both committed Hibbys.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Looking at the results, it seems that Frank's campaign seems to have steamrollered the others by a stretch.

I think the two more prominent posters from here and the bounce picked up lots of votes though. Well done to all:aok:

Perhaps that illustrates the reach of the forums, how would Amit have fared without an online presence? He got my vote from his contribution on here.

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2015, 11:09 PM

Well done mate 👍

ronaldo7
26-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Perhaps that illustrates the reach of the forums, how would Amit have fared without an online presence? He got my vote from his contribution on here.

:dunno:

Nobody got near the man in first place though, even with both Kevin and Amit doing the rounds of behind the goals, posting on the boards, and the HSA.

I'm sure the lads will do a good job though and even although Frank may not come onto the boards to discuss things, I think Amit will.

Over to you guys.

Jack
27-01-2015, 12:07 AM

And there was me thinking their mandate(s) would come from the support! ;-)

lucky
27-01-2015, 04:49 AM
Why?

Why not? I've never heard of an election where the full result does not get published.

Pete
27-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Why not? I've never heard of an election where the full result does not get published.

Because they don't have to as they aren't bound by any electoral rules and maybe they don't want to embarrass the guy who came last with three votes. There's no point.

Please, let's not use this as a stick to beat the club with.

Forza Fred
27-01-2015, 07:24 AM

Knowing Frank for many years, I would suggest that this wise approach is exactly what I would expect him to do

Bearders
27-01-2015, 07:44 AM

Give Frank a break FFS - the decision has just been announced and you're making assertions that he won't use social media to communicate with fans. As BF states, anyone that has supported the team home and away will know who he us - I'm talking decades of following our Club.
You may well be proved correct that Frank's preference is not to use social media - time will tell. Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?

Bearders
27-01-2015, 07:47 AM
I think the board will change shortly. Got to be careful I don't sound bitter but it is nothing I would not have said if I had made it onto the Board.

Some Directors should look in the mirror. They were on the watch when we were relegated and have to accept culpability for it. They should resign. I hope they realise their position and do what is best for our club. I am sure the Board will change, good luck to the guys and make sure our voice is heard.

Which Directors? You say some "some".

Bearders
27-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Well done Amit and Frank. Im sure both will be good acquisitions to the board. Frank skooshed the vote despite not engaging on here.. Hibs.net is a good tool but only scratches the surface of the core support.

Well said Brooster. A number of regular posters on . net need to consider your final point.

Andy74
27-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Well said Brooster. A number of regular posters on . net need to consider your final point.

It's one we understand thanks. Our point was that the various supporters groups or online communities all only scratch the surface and someone who is there to represent the fans should make the effort to know and be known across all those areas.

matty_f
27-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Give Frank a break FFS - the decision has just been announced and you're making assertions that he won't use social media to communicate with fans. As BF states, anyone that has supported the team home and away will know who he us - I'm talking decades of following our Club.
You may well be proved correct that Frank's preference is not to use social media - time will tell. Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?

Have you read all my posts on this thread??!

I've gone out of my way to a) wish Frank all the best in the role, and b) make it clear I am not criticising the guy for something that hasn't happened!

I don't know Frank, I have no reason at all to be unhappy at his appointment, I really hope he does well.

I believe that in order to do the role justice he needs to also represent the online Hibs support, as does Amit.

Bearders
27-01-2015, 08:03 AM
Have you read all my posts on this thread??!

I've gone out of my way to a) wish Frank all the best in the role, and b) make it clear I am not criticising the guy for something that hasn't happened!

I don't know Frank, I have no reason at all to be unhappy at his appointment, I really hope he does well.

I believe that in order to do the role justice he needs to also represent the online Hibs support, as does Amit.

Yes I did read your posts and try as you might to hide your feelings,IMO you are not entirely comfortable that he has been elected. Well ahead of the pack!
I agree with your final point. Let him get his legs under his desk first.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?

Be interesting to hear these stats.

Hibby Kay-Yay
27-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Social media use. If this forms part of the job role then we will see our non-exec directors on here and other Hibs boards. If they are missing then we can bump our gums about it.

If it (social media) is not on the job spec then we might/might not see them on various Hibs boards. We can't bump our gums about it if this is the case.

Simples and all the best to both Amit and Frank.

PatHead
27-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Which Directors? You say some "some".

The Board is now larger by 4 members than it was last year at this time so I would anticipate some that have been there over the past few years of failure. Not sure which ones though.

Mikey
27-01-2015, 10:31 AM
Out of the tens of thousands of "hibs fans", how many use this site on a regular basis?

Here's a snapshot.......

Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 13,480

The most guests online over 24 hours was 21,254, 28-05-2014 at 02:45 PM.

matty_f
27-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Yes I did read your posts and try as you might to hide your feelings,IMO you are not entirely comfortable that he has been elected. Well ahead of the pack!
I agree with your final point. Let him get his legs under his desk first.

I will say it again, I'm completely comfortable with Frank getting voted in, I have no complaints about it whatsoever, and, again, I wish him all the very best in the role.

I'm entitled to voice that I think any person taking the role as a supporter's representative on the board should be making the effort to engage with as wide a section of the hibs support as possible so that they do the role justice, just as you are entitled to disagree with that.

There are no personal feelings attached to that, if Amit (who I voted for) doesn't come online then I'll feel exactly the same, that he's missed a trick and not done the role properly.

Again, there hasn't been time for the new board members to do anything, so I'm not criticising anyone or giving anyone a hard time.

matty_f
27-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Here's a snapshot.......

I think those stats reflect the importance of engaging with the online community. We're not talking small numbers here.

CallumLaidlaw
27-01-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm struggling to understand why Matty is getting a hard time here. All he has said is that he would like to see Frank make himself available on the fans forums. He has acknowledged that Frank may well do this, but seeing that he didnt feel the need while trying to get the post, he is concerned that he won't do so now he is in post.

I understand where Matty is coming from. I certainly don't see any animosity. He has congratulated him (several times). I think between Amit and Frank, as long as they work out some kind of social media contact (maybe a fans rep account that they both use), then everyone will be happy.

Bearders
27-01-2015, 11:36 AM
I will say it again, I'm completely comfortable with Frank getting voted in, I have no complaints about it whatsoever, and, again, I wish him all the very best in the role.

I'm entitled to voice that I think any person taking the role as a supporter's representative on the board should be making the effort to engage with as wide a section of the hibs support as possible so that they do the role justice, just as you are entitled to disagree with that.

I agree with your sentiments that effort is needed to engage with as many as possible and if you read my post you would see that i didn't say this was not required. All I'm saying is give him a chance to consider his strategy, which I'm sure he has already prepared in the hope that he may have got the favourable vote of confidence. If he decides against using the forums to communicate certain issues or indeed topics that the Board feel is open to general debate (see Baldy Foghorns post on this point), then i agree with you a trick will have been missed.

Now that both A and F are elected as non-executive Directors, they need to think very carefully about their approach to communication, both individually and collaboratively. As previous posters have stated, social media forums can be very dangerous. I'm pretty sure that they will both be "briefed" on the do's and dont's.

I sincerely hope this works out for both Amit and Frank and the Board for progressing with this strategy. Personally I am still very sceptical but appreciate as a change to the "norm" this will evolve over the comings months.

Carheenlea
27-01-2015, 12:36 PM
Here's a snapshot.......

Total guests that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours: 13,480

They are impressive figures, but we only muster up just over half of that at home matches at present, with a couple of thousand travelling to away games. Frank and Amit are supporters reps, so it`s natural to assume that those supporters are represented first and foremost. Frank is a well known face on matchdays, and I`m sure Amit will also be so quite quickly.

JoeT_WasTheBest
27-01-2015, 12:57 PM
They are impressive figures, but we only muster up just over half of that at home matches at present, with a couple of thousand travelling to away games. Frank and Amit are supporters reps, so it`s natural to assume that those supporters are represented first and foremost. Frank is a well known face on matchdays, and I`m sure Amit will also be so quite quickly.

I understand your point mate but I go to every home game and used to go to all away games. I have never spoken to Frank or Amit and it is not practical to expect to be able to speak to either of them 'at the game'. Similarly I do not have time to go to the pub/BTG before the game, so my method of contact would be via something like this forum. Not the only way, but a very useful way. There will be many people like me I think, and so that is why both reps, IMHO, need to make use of ALL types of social interaction, be it face to face or electronic.

By the way this is not aimed personally at you Carheenlea!

Carheenlea
27-01-2015, 01:10 PM
I understand your point mate but I go to every home game and used to go to all away games. I have never spoken to Frank or Amit and it is not practical to expect to be able to speak to either of them 'at the game'. Similarly I do not have time to go to the pub/BTG before the game, so my method of contact would be via something like this forum. Not the only way, but a very useful way. There will be many people like me I think, and so that is why both reps, IMHO, need to make use of ALL types of social interaction, be it face to face or electronic.

By the way this is not aimed personally at you Carheenlea!

I think Amit looks like he will be make more use of social media, and as has been suggested earlier, both should have direct email accounts that the club will likely make available once they get the AGM out the way and give both new reps a more public introduction.

theonlywayisup
27-01-2015, 01:50 PM

But how many were Yams? :greengrin

matty_f
27-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I think Amit looks like he will be make more use of social media, and as has been suggested earlier, both should have direct email accounts that the club will likely make available once they get the AGM out the way and give both new reps a more public introduction.

I suppose I don't understand why someone might choose not to use something when it's readily available and gives access to a section of the support.

Surely it's reasonable to expect the supporters' reps to be flexible to accommodate a large chunk of fans rather than take a 'my way or the highway' approach?

Sauzee07
27-01-2015, 04:29 PM
But how many were Yams? :greengrin

400,000 would be my guess. Oh wait.....

emerald green
27-01-2015, 06:21 PM
Congratulations to both guys, and good luck to you both in your new roles. Another move in the right direction for Hibernian FC.

PS: Are there any other clubs in Scotland with fans on the board as non executive directors?

jonty
27-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I suppose I don't understand why someone might choose not to use something when it's readily available and gives access to a section of the support.

Surely it's reasonable to expect the supporters' reps to be flexible to accommodate a large chunk of fans rather than take a 'my way or the highway' approach?

I guess the bases are covered with Amit being online, Frank more likely to (i'm guessing) manage more games (and over the various age ranges) than Amit.
Although there are still a huge chunk of fans who don't attend and don't use social media. Perhaps time for Frank and Amit to hit the telephone trail and explain what they're doing?

Betty Boop
01-02-2015, 06:53 PM
Well done Frank delighted for you ! :flag:(and Amit)

matty_f
01-02-2015, 09:17 PM
Have the reps been given hibs email addresses yet?

ronaldo7
02-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Have the reps been given hibs email addresses yet?

If you've not had an answer by Thursday, I will ask them at the St Pats branch meeting and get back to you.:aok:

Amit
02-02-2015, 09:01 PM
If you've not had an answer by Thursday, I will ask them at the St Pats branch meeting and get back to you.:aok:

Hi folks. My appointment paper was sent out today and I've a meeting on Friday at Easter Road. Don't officially join the Board until 24th February.

Cheers,

Amit