PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: GOALKEEPER CERNY JOINS HIBERNIAN

matty_f
26-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Official tweet from the club confirms it.

RSS Bot
26-01-2015, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5143)

Deano Mourinho
26-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Great signing really rated him when he was with Hamilton

Billychaotic182
26-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Very happy with this signing he was a class keeper for Accies

Iain G
26-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Gives us cover, or does he go in aa first choice?!

scuttle
26-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Good stuff..... the squad is getting stronger and stronger

Sir David Gray
26-01-2015, 04:04 PM
He was definitely a good goalkeeper for Hamilton a few years ago.

I'm happy we have an experienced backup choice now for Oxley for the rest of the season.

WillowbraeHibby
26-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the Hibs Tomas.... :flag::flag: Good signing... Again a surprise from AS.

Brooster
26-01-2015, 04:08 PM
First choice hopefully. Excellent signing. He's been training with us for a couple of weeks.

Hibs History
26-01-2015, 04:08 PM
But his scoring record is terrible!!!

:greengrin

Welcome to the club Tomas!

Another one out of the bag from Stubbs and Co.!

Keep it up

JimBHibees
26-01-2015, 04:09 PM
First choice hopefully. Excellent signing. He's been training with us for a couple of weeks.

Now you tell us. :greengrin

Andy74
26-01-2015, 04:09 PM
Some strange replies to the official tweet such as 'why' and 'pointless'. Clueless.

WillowbraeHibby
26-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Ye kept that quiet.... :greengrin

matty_f
26-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Some strange replies to the official tweet such as 'why' and 'pointless'. Clueless.

Not surprising really, it's in keeping (no pun intended) with recent responses to anything that the club does.

If anyone can't see the need to bring in a quality keeper when we only have one senior keeper at the club, then they need their heads read.

Hermit Crab
26-01-2015, 04:14 PM
Great signing and good to have competition for Oxley. Well done Hibs.

jacomo
26-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Gives us cover, or does he go in aa first choice?!

He's only signed til the end of the season, but he's quoted as saying he and his wife were keen on re-locating to Scotland.

Might be a candidate for 1st choice keeper next season if everything works out?

.Sean.
26-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Excellent signing. Get him straight in the side.

bingo70
26-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Hope he takes over as first choice keeper.

Really not a fan of oxley, relatively safe pair of hands but I've seen more agile planks of wood and he never seems to make any saves!

Onceinawhile
26-01-2015, 04:21 PM
If he's as good as he was at Hamilton then that's a good signing.

Green forever
26-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Good signing but I'm happy to stick with Oxley as No.1 for the time being .

Brooster
26-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Ye kept that quiet.... :greengrin

I always do. I told my inner circle though haha.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 04:29 PM

Really not a fan of oxley, relatively safe pair of hands but I've seen more agile planks of wood and he never seems to make any saves!

If he doesn't it will mean Oxley has been playing well so I'm not fussed either way.

I don't really get the criticism of Oxley though. I think he will go on to do well above our level.

WillowbraeHibby
26-01-2015, 04:30 PM
I always do. I told my inner circle though haha.

I'm away oot at the edge of space, nae chance for me then... :wink: :aok:

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2015, 04:36 PM

Pleased we have signed a keeper but think you are being harsh on Oxley mate

cabbageandribs1875
26-01-2015, 04:39 PM

apart from the great save at the end to deny Falkirk a winner of course ?

Stevie Reid
26-01-2015, 04:43 PM
Oxley has let in one shocker this season, similar to the ones conceded by Worm at Spurs (£3.5M) and Fabianski at Swansea at the weekend - these things happen. There have been a couple of goals that he could have done better with, but then that is often the case with any keeper over the course of the season. Other than that he's been fine.

Yet the criticism that is aimed at him by some on here would have you believe that he is up there with the likes of Zibi in terms of incompetence - some of the assessments of him, including one in this thread, are so scathing it beggars belief. I truly do not understand it, it is one of the most perplexing things I've come across on this board (and that's saying something).

He has a lot going for him, and I'm very pleased we've had him this season. Our back four clearly have faith in him, which is the main thing - and still something of a rarity for Hibs goalkeepers of recent years.

Delighted with Cerny arriving also.

bingo70
26-01-2015, 04:50 PM
apart from the great save at the end to deny Falkirk a winner of course ?

Ok, he's made 1 save :-)

Just my opinion, As I said I think he's relatively safe with crosses and his distribution is good, I just don't think he's a great shot stopper.

Diclonius
26-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Awesome signing. Whemled. :wink:

Big_Franck
26-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Looks like another good signing. From what I remember of him at Hamilton he was decent and he seems to have been CSKA Sofia's first choice keeper between 2012-2014. Great to have a good quality, experienced keeper to push Oxley for the number 1 jersey.

It's been a great January window so far. If we could only get extra cover at the back, ideally a right back that can also cover at centre half and i'd be delighted with the squad.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-01-2015, 05:03 PM

The only thing that was pointless was the yams at the weekend ;)

Jack
26-01-2015, 05:03 PM
What's his goal scoring record like?

Capt Mainwaring
26-01-2015, 05:07 PM
Oxley has let in one shocker this season, similar to the ones conceded by Worm at Spurs (£3.5M) and Fabianski at Swansea at the weekend - these things happen. There have been a couple of goals that he could have done better with, but then that is often the case with any keeper over the course of the season. Other than that he's been fine.

Yet the criticism that is aimed at him by some on here would have you believe that he is up there with the likes of Zibi in terms of incompetence - some of the assessments of him, including one in this thread, are so scathing it beggars belief. I truly do not understand it, it is one of the most perplexing things I've come across on this board (and that's saying something).

He has a lot going for him, and I'm very pleased we've had him this season. Our back four clearly have faith in him, which is the main thing - and still something of a rarity for Hibs goalkeepers of recent years.

Delighted with Cerny arriving also.

Good points well made. That's how I see things as well

Pretty Boy
26-01-2015, 05:13 PM
That is a fantastic signing.

He was one of the top keepers in the league when he was at Hamilton.

I like Oxley but it will do him no harm at all having some real competition and a top keeper breathing down his neck.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2015, 05:16 PM
That is a fantastic signing.

He was one of the top keepers in the league when he was at Hamilton.

I like Oxley but it will do him no harm at all having some real competition and a top keeper breathing down his neck.

Was he playing regularly for his last team?

lucky
26-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Agree 100% the only saves he makes are basic ones that sunday league keepers would make.

Pretty Boy
26-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Not sure tbh.

He was playing regularly for CSKA Sofia last season though until he refused a new contract because he wasn't being paid.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2015, 05:25 PM

He signed for Greek team Ergotelis in the summer. Wikipedia states he played 11 times for them.

ekhibee
26-01-2015, 05:33 PM
If Cerny is fit and still retains the ability he had at Hamilton I'd have him playing on Saturday. I don't think Oxley is totally pish, I just think he's average, no more than that, the same way I thought Williams was average before him. Both of them made mistakes, Williams was arguably safer.

SDavey1992
26-01-2015, 05:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy4MtHoouX0

If he plays anything like this for us then i'll be happy! Was a great keeper at Hamilton.

Shrekko
26-01-2015, 06:13 PM
If he doesn't it will mean Oxley has been playing well so I'm not fussed either way.

I don't really get the criticism of Oxley though. I think he will go on to do well above our level.

Can I ask on the basis of what?

He has excellent distribution but I can't see anything else that suggests he's better than this level. To be honest, he's less than convincing in many areas from what I can see. So what's he so good at?

Pedantic_Hibee
26-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I think I love Alan Stubbs.

Thecat23
26-01-2015, 06:28 PM
This is a fantastic signing imo.

leggeto
26-01-2015, 06:30 PM
I remember him being good at Hamilton

trev the hat
26-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Cracking signing who will undoubtedly play a big part in remainder of the season & will be busting a gut to gain an extension come summer. Welcome TC !!

Andy74
26-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Cracking signing who will undoubtedly play a big part in remainder of the season & will be busting a gut to gain an extension come summer. Welcome TC !!

He could be a cracking signing that never plays. I kind of hope that's the case as it will mean we are continuing to do well.

H18S NX
26-01-2015, 06:36 PM
The only thing that was pointless was the yams at the weekend ;)....:agree::greengrin

trev the hat
26-01-2015, 06:42 PM
He could be a cracking signing that never plays. I kind of hope that's the case as it will mean we are continuing to do well.

Oxley not done badly at all but I'd rather have a Hibs signed player starting every week as oppose a loanee, (if fit of course) if he comes in & plays well he gets a min 12mnth deal imo. While Ox returns with gratitude.
Stubbs will know when he's ready.

lord bunberry
26-01-2015, 06:44 PM
I presume he will be first choice next season when Oxley leaves.

Col2
26-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Excellent signing. Real competition for Oxley who is current number one (rightly). Loss of form or injury and we have a ready made replacement. As off yesterday we didn't so has been an area to improve for a while now.

SPL experience, European club experience, played regularly and played at all Czech levels up to U21. Good age and experience.

Yet another good signing.

madhatter
26-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Nothing wrong with competition and future planning. Oxley won't be with us next season and lets be honest, an experienced keeper should be able to go in and get by in this league especially in some games (Oxley has been a spectator in quite a few games).

Give him cup games and some leagues games. Get him up to speed. If he is anything like he was at Hamilton then we've got a real solid goalkeeper.

Either way. Welcome to the big man!

Andy74
26-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Oxley not done badly at all but I'd rather have a Hibs signed player starting every week as oppose a loanee, (if fit of course) if he comes in & plays well he gets a min 12mnth deal imo. While Ox returns with gratitude.
Stubbs will know when he's ready.

Currently both only here until the end of the season and I think Oxley is also out of contract so they are both as temporary as the other.

I don't care who plays if they play well. If Cerny never plays then that will mean all has gone well.

weonlywon6-2
26-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Good signing,pleased with this and the way it was done

Borderhibbie76
26-01-2015, 07:12 PM
In Stubbsy We certainly do trust...love the way he goes about his business! Never trusted a hibs manager as much since Mowbray era

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2015, 07:55 PM
In Stubbsy We certainly do trust...love the way he goes about his business! Never trusted a hibs manager as much since Mowbray era

Agree with Mowbray, but for everything bar goalkeepers. Clown v Zibbi...

basehibby
26-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Good signing Hibs - Oxley has done well for us but he's only here on loan and we definately need another option between the sticks anyway.

Cerny from what I remember is very capable of stepping in to the breech should the opportunity arise - but he might have to be patient. Oxley has been on solid form and I can't see Stubbs changing things for the sake of it.

Great to have some real competition for the No1 spot though - welcome to Hibs Tomas ! :thumbsup:

Matt92
26-01-2015, 08:18 PM
What a combo Stubbs and Dempster are turning into...

In them we have a signing policy to get footballers into our club, unlike previous incumbents who went out their way to sign useless journeymen. Each of Stubbs signings have brought real strength in the most important areas in our team. He also seems to be getting the players to enjoy playing the game, and has got us all well behind the team after years of real unrest/divide.

Well done Alan Stubbs...shame it took us so long to get you in here and gave Hearts a huge head start!

Aldo
26-01-2015, 08:22 PM
This is a fantastic signing imo.

This and if it works out possibly a longer contract!!

Stuarty27
26-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Think this is a another great addition to the squad,

Personally don't think Oxley deserves to be dropped at the minute, hopefully the signing of Cerny pushes oxley on to be a better keeper.

Aldo
26-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Think this is a another great addition to the squad, Personally don't think Oxley deserves to be dropped at the minute, hopefully the signing of Cerny pushes oxley on to be a better keeper.

Oxley won't be dropped (at the mo anyway) but it keeps him on his toes!! His to lose!

Iain G
26-01-2015, 08:49 PM
What a combo Stubbs and Dempster are turning into...

In them we have a signing policy to get footballers into our club, unlike previous incumbents who went out their way to sign useless journeymen. Each of Stubbs signings have brought real strength in the most important areas in our team. He also seems to be getting the players to enjoy playing the game, and has got us all well behind the team after years of real unrest/divide.

Well done Alan Stubbs...shame it took us so long to get you in here and gave Hearts a huge head start!

Most of them, maybe a few misses in Kennedy and Sinclair? :wink:

Most important thing is his permanent signings have all been good and most of his loans have improved things :agree:

Stevie Reid
26-01-2015, 08:59 PM
Most of them, maybe a few misses in Kennedy and Sinclair? :wink:

Most important thing is his permanent signings have all been good and most of his loans have improved things :agree:

I wouldn't consider Kennedy a failure at all - he did ok, but Stubbs found a system that didn't require wingers and felt that his wage could be better used elsewhere, which was the right decision.

I loved watching him play though - he had more football in him than the vast majority of players that we've had at ER in the last few years.

Tom Hart RIP
26-01-2015, 08:59 PM
I remember him having a great game against is at Douglas Park and hoped we'd sign him when he left Hamilton. Delighted he is here now. Could be first choice keeper for years to come

jdships
26-01-2015, 09:12 PM
On the evidence of what we witnessed for five seasons with hamilton this is a first class signing :thumbsup:
At 29 he is coming to his prime as well
:flag:

worcesterhibby
26-01-2015, 09:13 PM
great signing. Well done LD and AS :greengrin

DaveF
26-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Solid signing IMO and certainly an area which we needed to add to :aok:

7 Up
26-01-2015, 09:25 PM
It's a pleasant novelty to have a manager who's able to identify where the squad is weak and then makes the necessary signings.

By weak I mean squad depth. I quite like Oxley.

jacomo
26-01-2015, 09:34 PM
It's a pleasant novelty to have a manager who's able to identify where the squad is weak and then makes the necessary signings.

By weak I mean squad depth. I quite like Oxley.

Do you think this is a Graham Mathie signing? Just because Cerny has played in Scotland and Mathie more likely to have identified him as a target.

Agree though that AS knows how to build a squad, although the first team squad now lists 3 keepers, 6 defenders and 8 strikers!

Squealing pig
26-01-2015, 09:36 PM
Great signing!

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Do you think this is a Graham Mathie signing? Just because Cerny has played in Scotland and Mathie more likely to have identified him as a target.

Agree though that AS knows how to build a squad, although the first team squad now lists 3 keepers, 6 defenders and 8 strikers!

Plenty strikers, just like the good old days 😀

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-01-2015, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't consider Kennedy a failure at all - he did ok, but Stubbs found a system that didn't require wingers and felt that his wage could be better used elsewhere, which was the right decision.

I loved watching him play though - he had more football in him than the vast majority of players that we've had at ER in the last few years.

Totally agree. Kennedy was showing real promise before we moved to the diamond formation. He'll have a decent career.

Monts
26-01-2015, 11:40 PM
Happy with the signing but what's the reason for only getting a deal until the end of the season. Means we could be in a position where we have no keepers again.

hibees 7062
27-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Happy with the signing but what's the reason for only getting a deal until the end of the season. Means we could be in a position where we have no keepers again.

Maybe having a look at each other mate

3pm
27-01-2015, 06:50 AM
Oxley won't be dropped (at the mo anyway) but it keeps him on his toes!! His to lose!

You'd think he won't be dropped. However, good managers make big decisions!

If he wants Cerny next year, it'll be a matter of time before he's in goals.

I do think Oxley will remain in goals to begin with.

Andy74
27-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Oxley is also out of contract. He might want him too.

Aldo
27-01-2015, 07:00 AM
You'd think he won't be dropped. However, good managers make big decisions! If he wants Cerny next year, it'll be a matter of time before he's in goals. I do think Oxley will remain in goals to begin with.

Indeed 3pm that's what managers get paid for but l don't think Oxley has done anything wrong to be dropped.

Adds competition once again it's a quality signing.

3pm
27-01-2015, 07:05 AM
Indeed 3pm that's what managers get paid for but l don't think Oxley has done anything wrong to be dropped.

Adds competition once again it's a quality signing.

I'd agree he's not done anything wrong!

Jim44
27-01-2015, 07:37 AM
Cerny himself says he will support and also give competition to Oxley who will remain first choice.

Robinho08
27-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Good signing. :greengrin

I seen those comments too, theres some right roaster fans on social media! :crazy:

--------
27-01-2015, 03:13 PM

You forgetting the dozen or so midfielders? :greengrin

Getting stronger all the time IMO.

Oxley is also out of contract. He might want him too.

That eventuality (if it came to pass) would certainly not displease me. :greengrin

We seem to have a group of 'supporters' just now who are solidly determined to disapprove of anything and everything the club does.

It's reasonable to have doubts about some things that are going on, but not everything at ER is a shambles these days. Far from it, in fact, and maybe it's time for the clueless ones to cultivate a little patience and desist from their knee-jerk rubbishing of Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs and the things they're doing.

We can't any of us get everything we want as soon as we scream out for it, but all the signs are that the club's heading in the right direction and I for one am very grateful to AS and LD for all they're doing and for the business-like way in which they're doing it.

J-C
27-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Remember Oxley is still a loan player from Hull and Cerny is our contracted player, if Stubbs feels it necessary to replace Oxley I'd have no problems doing that, when on loan you have to deal with those things.

emerald green
27-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Very good signing. Competition for places in the squad is a good thing at any football club, and Hibs now have an experienced back up goalkeeper in the event of injury to Oxley (who may also be going back to Hull at the end of the season).

hibees 7062
27-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Tomas came over here to pick strawberries . He had a trial with Lochee Utd but was told he would struggle as they had a good keeper . Then signs for Hamilton after playing in a reserve game against us . All in one week

Zazu62
27-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Tomas came over here to pick strawberries . He had a trial with Lochee Utd but was told he would struggle as they had a good keeper . Then signs for Hamilton after playing in a reserve game against us . All in one week

Haha that's mental .

hibees 7062
27-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Haha that's mental .

Only in Scotland :greengrin

PerfectlyFranck
27-01-2015, 08:12 PM

He cost Hamilton a record-breaking sum of £150-200k.

Tha Cabbage Kid
27-01-2015, 08:42 PM
Was grzegorz szamotulski not a mowbray signing? Or wax that mixu?

Billy Whizz
27-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Mixu

The Sundance Kid
27-01-2015, 08:45 PM

He was a Mixu signing

Tha Cabbage Kid
27-01-2015, 08:46 PM
I thought kennedy was a good player. Sinclair was a dissapointment. I thought he would be class if his brother scott is anything to go by

Tha Cabbage Kid
27-01-2015, 08:55 PM
I think we have a steady pair of hands in tomas cerny. He will be a good goal keeper for us

ian cruise
28-01-2015, 08:43 AM
I thought kennedy was a good player. Sinclair was a dissapointment. I thought he would be class if his brother scott is anything to go by

Sinclair never really got a chance due to Malonga and Cummings finding such good for. Let's be honest we've not really had any problems going forward that would have merited giving Sinclair a run in the team. He was doing well in the reserves, there's every chance if he was given a chance in the first team he might have taken it and shone however we aren't in a position to gamble when our front players are doing well already. Kennedy I see as a similar scenario

J-C
28-01-2015, 09:52 AM

I'm led to believe he didn't settle very well when he came up here, he was still fairly young and was maybe just too much of an upheaval for him.

spike220
29-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Good news!