PDA

View Full Version : Alec Marshall - 5-1 gesture

Jim44
25-01-2015, 03:39 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes to see Alec Marshall giving it the big 5-1 gesture when picking up his trophy at the bowling competition. I never had the sound up, so tell me please that I've misinterpreted his stupidity. :-(

Speedy
25-01-2015, 03:41 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes to see Alec Marshall giving it the big 5-1 gesture when picking up his trophy at the bowling competition. I never had the sound up, so tell me please that I've misinterpreted his stupidity. :-(

He had just won his 6th world singles title so not completely irrelevant.

Massive jambo though so we all know what he's really referring to.

HUTCHYHIBBY
I never saw it but, we're better off just ignoring it.

cleanyman
Its the 6th time he's won the trophy

tamig
Their stock answer to any set back sadly.

Smartie
25-01-2015, 03:50 PM
How many hands did he use?

Ringothedog
25-01-2015, 03:57 PM
How many hands did he use?
One and he is a smelly hearts tramp.

hibbysam
25-01-2015, 04:06 PM

Way below the belt in afraid! Absolutely no need whatsoever... A massive hearts man maybe but the insults are not needed. As has been said it's his 6th title, and of course it's also a massive dig at us but if I'm being honest if it's the other way about, who wouldn't! Also when he wins his seventh title he will also fire 7 fingers at the tele just like he did 5 when he won his 5th!

Billychaotic182
25-01-2015, 04:13 PM
To be honest I don't really care. If we won 5-1 that day and Andy Murray did it we would be comending him. Just leave it as banter

Pretty Boy
25-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Who cares?

tanfield
25-01-2015, 04:43 PM
The guy is really sound. Played with / against him a few times. As someone said just ignore it as banter

easty
25-01-2015, 04:43 PM

Way below the belt in afraid! Absolutely no need whatsoever... A massive hearts man maybe but the insults are not needed. As has been said it's his 6th title, and of course it's also a massive dig at us but if I'm being honest if it's the other way about, who wouldn't! Also when he wins his seventh title he will also fire 7 fingers at the tele just like he did 5 when he won his 5th!

Dinnae be so touchy. 'smelly hearts tramp' is nowhere near below the belt, in fact as far as insults go, it's nowhere near the belt.

Geo_1875
25-01-2015, 05:56 PM
Great bowler, nice guy, hertz *******.

heretoday
25-01-2015, 06:18 PM
I'll watch his progress with a jaundiced eye from now on. Some Jam Tarts dislike Andy Murray for similar reasons though I doubt he would soil his victories by making such signs.

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2015, 06:52 PM

"Hearts man"

=

Smelly Hertz Tramp

Deal with it :aok:

Jim44
25-01-2015, 07:15 PM
I'll watch his progress with a jaundiced eye from now on. Some Jam Tarts dislike Andy Murray for similar reasons though I doubt he would soil his victories by making such signs.

As a keen bowler myself, I can appreciate Marshall's ability and achievements, but I can't stand professional sportsman behaving in a cheap, graceless and ignorant manner. The fact that this idiot is a Jambo is beside the point as I would have the same opinion of a Hibs minded professional. Like the poster above, I will get a wee bit of perverse pleasure seeing him losing in future.

greenlex
25-01-2015, 07:18 PM
I saw another sportsman do this gesture just the other day for the sixth time he had done something. I thought utd a wonder they aren't claiming him as a Jambo. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was now!!!!

Geo_1875
25-01-2015, 09:22 PM
As a keen bowler myself, I can appreciate Marshall's ability and achievements, but I can't stand professional sportsman behaving in a cheap, graceless and ignorant manner. The fact that this idiot is a Jambo is beside the point as I would have the same opinion of a Hibs minded professional. Like the poster above, I will get a wee bit of perverse pleasure seeing him losing in future.

It appears the etiquette of bowls doesn't apply to him. And as for the tart that done it after getting beat in the Commonwealth Games, well that just shows where her priorities lie.

Speedy
25-01-2015, 09:37 PM
It appears the etiquette of bowls doesn't apply to him. And as for the tart that done it after getting beat in the Commonwealth Games, well that just shows where her priorities lie.

Etiquette in bowls is overrated. The game is dying, a wee bit of friendly competitive banter might be what's needed to keep it going.

Bostonhibby
26-01-2015, 08:27 AM
Well at least they can claim another "famous" fan. Their barrel has been looking a bit scraped recently.

Scouse Hibee
26-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Etiquette in bowls is overrated. The game is dying, a wee bit of friendly competitive banter might be what's needed to keep it going.

:agree: 100% some of the older members in my club think there is a need to stay stuck in the dark ages and then wonder why so few junior members are coming through. The decision to move from playing in shirt and tie to a club branded polo type shirt was one such example that had them shaking their sticks with fury.

MSK
27-01-2015, 06:19 AM
:agree: 100% some of the older members in my club think there is a need to stay stuck in the dark ages and then wonder why so few junior members are coming through. The decision to move from playing in shirt and tie to a club branded polo type shirt was one such example that had them shaking their sticks with fury.The "Auld codgers" at the Jewel didn't mind swapping their blazers/badges & ties for nice new polo shirts with the Jewel badge on them ....but a few did take umbrage to the sponsors logo though ...Harkess Funeral Services ...:tee hee:

lord bunberry
27-01-2015, 12:48 PM
I can see why they call him tattie

JimBHibees
30-01-2015, 09:08 PM

Agree, Tattie's brilliant.