PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn Rovers attendance

Lago
25-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Couldn't believe the crowd of only 5900 at yesterdays FA cup game. When I watched it on Match of the day it reminded me of many a pre season friendly I've attended in the past.
Poor poor support.

HoboHarry
25-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Couldn't believe the crowd of only 5900 at yesterdays FA cup game. When I watched it on Match of the day it reminded me of many a pre season friendly I've attended in the past.
Poor poor support.
I saw that too and wondered how they can afford players like Jordan Rhodes

Lago
25-01-2015, 01:07 PM
Can only be TV money.

Ringothedog
25-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Their average league attendance is 15500, that along with the millions they get from sky should ensure that they can afford players like Jordan rhodes

HoboHarry
25-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Their average league attendance is 15500, that along with the millions they get from sky should ensure that they can afford players like Jordan rhodes
Fair enough but why so low yesterday? Seemed very strange....

Bronson
25-01-2015, 01:15 PM
I thought when watching the highlights it was an incredibly poor attendance. How much of that 5900 were Swansea fans as well?

Strange, they're not even particularly struggling in the league, they were around the play off territory last I looked.

pedroorange1875
25-01-2015, 01:23 PM
watched the highlights and did the same, looked the attendance up and could not believe it. Amazing the money in the English game and Doncaster cant even get a sponsor

Bishop Hibee
25-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Blackburn and Darwen district has a population of just under 150K. Average 15.5K crowds in the Championship. We are in a city of 500K and have only been near that average in the Mowbray era post 70's. One off crowd. I'll be surprised if we get much more than 8K v Arbroath despite the good pricing.

Lago
25-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Have to say that of all the games shown last night it was the one which was completely flat, no atmosphere at all.

Smartie
25-01-2015, 01:32 PM
The FA cup is quite weird these days. Some teams (and their fans) just don't seem interested whereas some just go mad for it. Some of the wee teams really create a magic atmosphere and make for tough, tough games against the big teams, home or away. See the scenes behind the goals when Bradford score their goals. THe Chelsea fans don't know what's going on.

Stonking result for Blackburn too, especially with so many big teams going out. Watch the clamour for tickets if they get to Wembley. I reckon they should only get 5900 if that happens though.

lord bunberry
25-01-2015, 01:32 PM
It was on TV and you couldn't use your season ticket

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2015, 01:41 PM
The FA cup is quite weird these days. Some teams (and their fans) just don't seem interested whereas some just go mad for it. Some of the wee teams really create a magic atmosphere and make for tough, tough games against the big teams, home or away. See the scenes behind the goals when Bradford score their goals. THe Chelsea fans don't know what's going on.

Stonking result for Blackburn too, especially with so many big teams going out. Watch the clamour for tickets if they get to Wembley. I reckon they should only get 5900 if that happens though.

We won't get many if we reach Hampden then.:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-01-2015, 01:46 PM
Couldn't believe how bad it was when watching MOTD last night. Very poor. Was a winnable cup tie against an EPL side as well. Weird.

SteveHFC
25-01-2015, 01:48 PM
Couldn't believe how bad it was when watching MOTD last night. Very poor. Was a winnable cup tie against an EPL side as well. Weird.

Because fans of such big clubs like Blackburn can't be arsed with the FA Cup anymore.

Bronson
25-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Because fans of such big clubs like Blackburn can't be arsed with the FA Cup anymore.

I don't think there's a club in England that 'can't be arsed' with the FA cup, yesterday showed just what it's all about.

hibs4thecup1988
25-01-2015, 02:07 PM
[/B]

We won't get many if we reach Hampden then.:wink:

Debate for another day....but yeah. Any Hibs fans that can say "I went to every round" Should be guaranteed a ticket for a semi or a final if they want one. Simples.

frazeHFC
25-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Was a horrific attendance for them. Embarrassing.

Flanny boy
25-01-2015, 02:31 PM
I used to go to blackburn for the odd game against
man utd and chelsea etc as i would be guaranteed a ticket
but I honestly thought the crowd would have been bigger yesterday

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-01-2015, 03:22 PM

I guess. They did win the EPL once. Maybe putting all their efforts into doing that again 😁

emerald green
25-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Practically empty stands, and resultant zero atmosphere, really killed it as TV viewing. Awful.

If football was seen like that on TV every week, the TV companies would not be long in walking away and pulling the plug on the huge amounts of money they pour into the game in England.

Lago
25-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Practically empty stands, and resultant zero atmosphere, really killed it as TV viewing. Awful.

If football was seen like that on TV every week, the TV companies would not be long in walking away and pulling the plug on the huge amounts of money they pour into the game in England.
Spot on

SteveHFC
25-01-2015, 03:32 PM

I really and still hope a few big clubs in England go bust as it would finally waken the other teams up.

I'm just waiting for the day until City's owner decides to pull his money out of the club.

Hibby Bairn
25-01-2015, 03:48 PM

Exactly why Scottish football on tv looks terrible. And therefore why it cannot attract a sponsor.

Lago
25-01-2015, 03:53 PM
Exactly why Scottish football on tv looks terrible. And therefore why it cannot attract a sponsor.
:top marks

iwasthere1972
25-01-2015, 04:16 PM
It was on TV and you couldn't use your season ticket

Ticket prices were
Adults - £20
Concessions - £15
Juniors (aged 5-17) - £10
Under-5s - £5

Hardly a fortune to get behind your team in the 'greatest cup competition in the world'. :wink:

I think even if it was a tenner the attendance wouldn't have been that much better. Would be surprised if our attendance against Arbroath next month isn't higher than that.

Shocking turn out.