Subs:
Perntreou
Forster
Stanton
Handling
Cummings
Dja Djedje
Boyle

Wouldn't want to see a change of formation as the diamond formation has started to reap rewards for us. Would be very harsh on Cummings to drop out of the starting 11 but think Malonga and El Alagui are better rounded players at this moment in time, with the strength we have upfront though it means that all strikers won't be able to have a drop in form if they want to keep their place in the team

Hibstrooper
24-01-2015, 06:22 PM
I don't believe any of your front 3 can really operate out wide and unless you plan to play a diamond with perhaps Malonga sitting just behind the front 2, I can't see how we could accommodate all 3.

I understand the desire to keep Cummings in the starting line up however for me he is the one that comes out for Craig and we play our normal formation.

I feel Cummings starts games better than he finishes them so he'd be a great weapon coming off the bench.

rest of the team I totally agree with.

AlbertK86
24-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Depends who we're playing

Think against hertz and Falkirk 3-5-2 might make us more secure at the back but play the diamond 4-4-2 a against the lesser teams in the league like Sevco 😉

Hibstrooper
24-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
McGeouch
Craig
Allan

Malonga
El Alagui

Subs:
Perntreou
Forster
Stanton
Handling
Cummings
Dja Djedje
Boyle

Aye that's the team :aok:

sauzee=legend
24-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Looking at that team - I'm i right in thinking we've never had our strongest 11 fit at one time??
THE rangers and ****bo's have had there's majority of the season, whilst we've had long term Injurys etc to deal with.

Stringer
24-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Don't think all strikers can start in a forward 3. Harsh on Cummings but would probably drop him for El Alagui

Since90+2
24-01-2015, 06:53 PM
A fully fit Forster would be my first choice centre half.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Hard to say. Looks like we actually potentially have a bit strenght in depth and different options.

Cummings is our top scorer yet it seems a majority so far would see him dropped, I suppose that's a good sign.

bingo70
24-01-2015, 06:57 PM
I think the defence and midfield diamond probably picks itself. Up front it's impossible to pick just now as we've not had the chance to see how all the combinations work together.

I don't think malonga and Cummings play well together unfortunately.

SunshineOnLeith
24-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Looking at that team - I'm i right in thinking we've never had our strongest 11 fit at one time??
THE rangers and ****bo's have had there's majority of the season, whilst we've had long term Injurys etc to deal with.

Well, we signed Malonga after Farid's injury. We started the season with our best available 11.

RoxburghHibs
24-01-2015, 07:22 PM
How long are Gray and El Alagui from returning? And when does Malonga return?

emerald green
24-01-2015, 07:24 PM
The manager has said he wants his teams to be adaptable, so he will I assume set out his teams depending on who Hibs opponents are, what the conditions are like etc.

I think it would be very harsh to simply "drop" Jason Cummings, given his goal scoring contribution so far this season.

Utilising the first team squad is a fine balancing act for AS and his team. But once Malonga, El Alagui & Gray are back it will give the squad greater strength in depth, which is obviously a good thing.

The Sundance Kid
24-01-2015, 07:28 PM
How long are Gray and El Alagui from returning? And when does Malonga return?

Congo's final group game is tomorrow night so if they go out tomorrow night then I would assume he should be back for the Raith Rovers game. If they go through then he'll miss that one and he's suspended for the Arbroath game in the cup anyways so will be back for the game at Ibrox

Stax
24-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Competition for places and a more than decent looking squad. Been a while.

H18Y GW
24-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Id rather have a Non ball watching CB like the two we have,Forster should be no where near playing in front of them.
Ive changed my tune a bit with Cummings and think he has been better without Malonga,id keep him in and let the other two compete,Gray back fit and its some team.

andrew70
24-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

El Alagui
Malonga

Handling
Cummings
Boyle
Martin
Stanton
Dja Djedje
Perntreou

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-01-2015, 07:58 PM
One things for sure, we will have the strongest subs bench in the entire country

hibsbollah
24-01-2015, 08:05 PM

Never. No way.

Hanlon and Fontaine are the best centre half pair we've had for ages.

AlbertK86
24-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Oxley Forster Hanlon Fontaine Gray McGeouch Robertson Allan Stevenson El Alagui Malonga Handling Cummings Boyle Martin Stanton Dja Djedje Perntreou

Agree.

Far more secure at back when Hanlon sweeps behind Forster and Fontaine

H18Y GW
24-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Agree.

Far more secure at back when Hanlon sweeps behind Forster and Fontaine

Genuine question apart from a short time today,when has this happened ?

West hamBERNIAN
24-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
McGeouch
Robertson
Allan
Stevenson

El Alagui
Malonga

Handling
Cummings
Boyle
Martin
Stanton
Dja Djedje
Perntreou

winner for me

thebakerboy
24-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I think AS prefers 3 at the back so think the basic system will be 3 5 2 but could move to 5 4 1 or 3 4 3 depending on the needs of the match.
Therefore I think we would line up something like this
Oxley
Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Robertson

Gray Mcgeogh Allen Stevenson

Farid Cummings

Subs Perteneu Craig Stanton Booth Malonga Djedje Handling

H18Y GW
24-01-2015, 09:02 PM
I think AS prefers 3 at the back so think the basic system will be 3 5 2 but could move to 5 4 1 or 3 4 3 depending on the needs of the match.
Therefore I think we would line up something like this
Oxley
Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Robertson

Gray Mcgeogh Allen Stevenson

Farid Cummings

Subs Perteneu Craig Stanton Booth Malonga Djedje Handling

So we make 5 changes to accomodate 1 player,im amazed at the thought of a Three tbh,its not served us well,we have totally dominated teams in Midfield all season long and you want to lose Craig,move our highest scoring midfielder back and promote the two best overlapping and consistent performers into midfield where Stevenson has played before and not excelled,im glad Stubbs is in charge

LeithBoozy
25-01-2015, 12:10 AM
I would not drop Cummings, the laddie is different class. They will all get their chance as the season progresses, when injuries and suspension's kick-in. :wink:

andrew70
25-01-2015, 12:35 AM
So we make 5 changes to accomodate 1 player,im amazed at the thought of a Three tbh,its not served us well,we have totally dominated teams in Midfield all season long and you want to lose Craig,move our highest scoring midfielder back and promote the two best overlapping and consistent performers into midfield where Stevenson has played before and not excelled,im glad Stubbs is in charge

Before Jordon got injured we played 352.
We won twice at Ross County and Ibrox, scoring five and conceding only one. The change in formation came on the back of a sticky run which culminated in a 1-0 defeat to QOTS. We did though drop points at home to Raith and Dumbarton IIRC but we looked solid after moving to 352.

We seemed to really suit the 352 formation and it's a pity Jordon Forster got injured. He may or may not change the system but we have the players to play 352 and I genuinely believe that we pose more of a threat going forward playing 352.

That's not to say we don't cause teams problems when playing as we did today for the majority of the match.

We should be grateful that we have these options. It's been a long time in coming.

Edit: Just re-read this sorry for using "352" so much.

AlbertK86
25-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Genuine question apart from a short time today,when has this happened ?

Played this system earlier in season with Lewis and Gray as wing backs

Were playing this system when Jordon got injured

AlbertK86
25-01-2015, 12:39 AM

The two wing backs excelled even more when we played the 3-5-2

Can't believe you never noticed us playing this earlier in season

Sir David Gray
25-01-2015, 12:42 AM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Stevenson

Craig
Robertson
McGeouch
Allan

Cummings
Malonga

SUBS

Perntreou
Forster
Stanton
Handling
Boyle
Djedje
El Alagui

Elephant Stone
25-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Surprised to see so many folk's teams without Cummings. Top scorer in the league and only 19.

The_Horde
25-01-2015, 01:50 AM
Surprised to see so many folk's teams without Cummings. Top scorer in the league and only 19.

Aye, but he's not got an exotic foreign name.

bingo70
25-01-2015, 06:56 AM

I agree.

I've not always been his biggest fan and there's definitely areas of his game that need improved but the laddy is scoring goals, that's the hardest thing to do so he needs to stay in the team.

3pm
25-01-2015, 07:05 AM
When is Farid back? 5 months since his injury and been training a while so will he play for the U20's soon?

HH81
25-01-2015, 07:23 AM
How can anyone leave Cummings out? Yes he is a little greedy but he is top scorer in the league.

I think he works hard and will be in my starting 11.

Libby Hibby
25-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Craig
Allan
McGeoch

Cummings
El Alagui

Subs

Perntreou
Foster
Booth
Stanton
Malonga
Djedje
Boyle

ano hibby
25-01-2015, 08:25 AM
Farid will have to earn his place via 20 min cameos from the bench. He's been out for a while. Malonga/Cummings/Boyle are the men in possession at the moment.

Very nice problem to be having & we still haven't seen Franck yet.

lucky
25-01-2015, 08:40 AM
There is no reason to change the side. Players coming back from injury will get their chance but none of them will walk straight back into the team. Liam Craig will not be dropped or as some suggested not even on the bench. It's to early to decide which 2 from 5 will play up front. Djedje has had 10 minutes so again how can we judge him against the other 4? Boyle has brought us much needed pace. Do people really think Stubbs will go with 2 big guys up front?

PeterboroHibee
25-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Im surprised people saying Cummings should be dropped. Top scorer in the league and the only ever present striker over the season. Until the other strikers are outperforming him, hes first choice striker in my opinion. We certainly have strength in depth up front when everyones fit, it may even be difficult for Stubbs to give them all enough time on the pitch (which isnt a bad thing from the teams point of view!).

I think the rest of the team pretty much picks itself, regardless of the formation we are playing.