PDA

View Full Version : Playoff conundrum

H18 SFR
24-01-2015, 04:57 PM
We clearly have the upper-hand over Rangers this year, the NEWCo have the upper-hand over Falkirk whilst Falkirk clearly have the makings of us...how will this end up?

HibeeDave
24-01-2015, 05:01 PM
We clearly have the upper-hand over Rangers this year, the NEWCo have the upper-hand over Falkirk whilst Falkirk clearly have the makings of us...how will this end up?
We finish second, Rangers beat Falkirk and then we beat Rangers. Everything following form :flag:

H18 SFR
24-01-2015, 05:07 PM
We finish second, Rangers beat Falkirk and then we beat Rangers. Everything following form :flag:

Perfect!

Pretty Boy
24-01-2015, 05:07 PM

And I'd fancy any of the 3 of the Championship teams to beat St Mirren or Ross County who are the likely opponents after that.

emerald green
24-01-2015, 05:12 PM

I don't really agree with the bit in bold. I feel Hibs have been unlucky not to have beaten Falkirk in two of the three games between the clubs this season.

hfc rd
24-01-2015, 05:12 PM
And I'd fancy any of the 3 of the Championship teams to beat St Mirren or Ross County who are the likely opponents after that.

Wouldn't rule out Motherwell either. Look a completely different side to what they were last season and the season before.

Brightside
24-01-2015, 05:16 PM
We finish top and watch the play-offs on telly. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2015, 05:21 PM
wouldn't mind a play off game v Murrawell....confident we would sell out the away end at fir park

H18 SFR
24-01-2015, 05:51 PM
I don't really agree with the bit in bold. I feel Hibs have been unlucky not to have beaten Falkirk in two of the three games between the clubs this season.

At the end of the day it's the results that count, they've definitely dominated us that way.

bingo70
24-01-2015, 05:54 PM
At the end of the day it's the results that count, they've definitely dominated us that way.

Historic results don't really make any difference though.

The league table doesn't lie so wether they've dominated the head to head games or not it's clear we're a better team so should be favorites to beat them.

SteveHFC
24-01-2015, 05:55 PM

:hyper

emerald green
24-01-2015, 05:59 PM

I agree it's results that count. There can be no arguing with that statement, but "dominated" isn't really the expression I would have used.

Falkirk seem to have "dominated" Hearts today though I see. :greengrin

H18 SFR
24-01-2015, 08:01 PM
I agree it's results that count. There can be no arguing with that statement, but "dominated" isn't really the expression I would have used.

Falkirk seem to have "dominated" Hearts today though I see. :greengrin

How can we describe it then, taken 7 out of 9 points lol.

Liberal Hibby
24-01-2015, 08:10 PM

Indeed the form table over the last 6 games is (assuming the formatting works):

W D L For Against Diff Points
Hibs 4 2 0 18 5 13 14
Hearts 4 1 1 13 5 8 13
Rangers 4 0 2 7 7 0 12
Falkirk 3 2 1 11 7 4 11
QoS 2 2 2 8 7 1 8

emerald green
25-01-2015, 11:21 AM
How can we describe it then, taken 7 out of 9 points lol.

When you use the expression / description "dominated" that to me would give the impression (particularly to a neutral, who wasn't at any of the games) that Falkirk are and were, by far, the better team on each of the three occasions the teams have met this season.

I disagree with that view, because I think it gives a false impression, even though as you say they have taken 7 points out of 9 against Hibs this season.

Do you honestly believe Falkirk "dominated" Hibs in either of the games played at ER, or winning 1-0 in the last seconds of time added on at home is dominating matches?

NAE NOOKIE
25-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Its highly unlikely the Yams will implode enough for us to catch them and win the league and I fancy our chances against the Zombies a lot more than the Yams ... so here's what I want:

Top 4

Yams ...... much as I hate to see them win anything !!!
Hibs
Zombies
QotS ...... Though on form Falkirk look more likely.

If the Yams did finish 2nd the extremely slim prospect of Hibs consigning them to another year in the Championship by beating them on the way to eventual promotion via the play offs would be my best moment as a Hibby. Like Hibs would ever be capable of ever taking their fans to such a footballing Nirvana ...... sigh !!!

H18 SFR
25-01-2015, 07:09 PM
When you use the expression / description "dominated" that to me would give the impression (particularly to a neutral, who wasn't at any of the games) that Falkirk are and were, by far, the better team on each of the three occasions the teams have met this season.

I disagree with that view, because I think it gives a false impression, even though as you say they have taken 7 points out of 9 against Hibs this season.

Do you honestly believe Falkirk "dominated" Hibs in either of the games played at ER, or winning 1-0 in the last seconds of time added on at home is dominating matches?

All i can do is repeat my previous post, the sport is results based (certainly in terms of league tables) and they (Falkirk) have dominated us from that perspective.

For or the avoidance of any doubt, I believe that points wise, Falkirk have dominated us, 7/9 Vs 1/9.