PDA

View Full Version : Hibs new structure

Ozyhibby
24-01-2015, 03:00 PM
As George Craig has mentioned that the new structure at Hibs is based on Southampton I thought this article by Gary Neville might be of interest.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

ekhibee
24-01-2015, 03:18 PM
If we end up with a football academy as good as theirs I would be more than happy.

BSEJVT
24-01-2015, 03:37 PM
If we end up with a football academy as good as theirs I would be more than happy.

That was a truly impressive read, an approach like that would have saved us so much heartache over the past years

HappyAsHellas
24-01-2015, 05:50 PM
LD alluded to this sort of thing as what she's trying to impose here. If one piece of the jigsaw moves on, then all the data should allow for a smooth transition as the coaching staff will always be aware of everyones position and how to replace them should the need arise. It's galling to think that we've had EM for years and never used the setup at all. I can see a bright future for us though, with a lot of teams looking on in envy.

emerald green
24-01-2015, 06:55 PM
As George Craig has mentioned that the new structure at Hibs is based on Southampton I thought this article by Gary Neville might be of interest.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

Very interesting read. If the structure at Hibs now is based on Southampton that can only be for the good.

One bit that stood out for me in the article was the guy at Southampton saying "so many clubs making mediocre or outright bad decisions in the transfer market." This was something that happened at Hibs for some time before the new management structure put in place under LD & AS. I recall Pat Stanton saying not that long ago something along the lines of "who thought these players were good enough for Hibs"?

The signings under AS though have generally been much better than has been the case under previous management at the club.

Joined up thinking, planning, and attention to detail. The way to go.

DaveF
24-01-2015, 07:03 PM
A very impressive read and if we come close to emulating that model then we will most certainly be successful.

matty_f
24-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Very interesting read. If the structure at Hibs now is based on Southampton that can only be for the good.

One bit that stood out for me in the article was the guy at Southampton saying "so many clubs making mediocre or outright bad decisions in the transfer market." This was something that happened at Hibs for some time before the new management structure put in place under LD & AS. I recall Pat Stanton saying not that long ago something along the lines of "who thought these players were good enough for Hibs"?

The signings under AS though have generally been much better than has been the case under previous management at the club.

Joined up thinking, planning, and attention to detail. The way to go.

Definitely.

I think one of the important things here is that with a system like that in place, the football club can cope with a change in managers. This is going to be critical when the time comes for Stubbs to move on. We look like we have a cracking manager and coaching team in place, we absolutely have to ensure that when they leave the club, we get the same standard with the same philosophy in.

thebakerboy
24-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Loved this article , I have repeatedly said on here that we should have a panel looking for our next coach/manager now and not waiting till the current coach/manager leaves for whatever reason. This Southampton system sounds even better where they may have 2 3 or 4 guys lined up and depending on how it all happens then have a first , second and possibly third choice lined up. If you doubt me look back to any new manger thread of the past 3 or 4 years and see. Big companies always have a list of future CEO's in mind and I think football clubs should be the same.

Eyrie
24-01-2015, 10:52 PM
The level of planning and attention to detail that is discussed in the article is essential if we want to avoid the poor signings and dud managers of recent years, so I'm pleased that we're looking to do something similar.

bighairyfaeleith
24-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Genuinely impressed at the changes at hibs this season, early days and many tests to come but the theory is good and over the piece it should see us doing very well over the coming years.

emerald green
25-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Definitely.

I think one of the important things here is that with a system like that in place, the football club can cope with a change in managers. This is going to be critical when the time comes for Stubbs to move on. We look like we have a cracking manager and coaching team in place, we absolutely have to ensure that when they leave the club, we get the same standard with the same philosophy in.

Loved this article , I have repeatedly said on here that we should have a panel looking for our next coach/manager now and not waiting till the current coach/manager leaves for whatever reason. This Southampton system sounds even better where they may have 2 3 or 4 guys lined up and depending on how it all happens then have a first , second and possibly third choice lined up. If you doubt me look back to any new manger thread of the past 3 or 4 years and see. Big companies always have a list of future CEO's in mind and I think football clubs should be the same.

:agree: Both of the above. What I'm hearing and seeing happening at HFC now gives me grounds for being optimistic about the future, and maybe at long last HFC will begin to realise its true potential as a football club.

Fundamental changes like this won't happen overnight, and there will no doubt be setbacks along the way. This is where the fans have to play their part and continue to give the management and players their full backing.

This IMHO will mean "digging deep" again. By that I mean renewing season tickets, even if the club is not promoted at the end of this season, and also contributing to HSL, if at all possible. It's a big ask, and clearly not every supporter can afford to do it. However, the larger the numbers that can do so the better.

MurrayfieldHibs
25-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Excellent article.

Just do it!

:gwa:

offshorehibby
25-01-2015, 01:26 PM
I was down at EM's on the last .net visit and this seems to be the direction Hibs as a whole seem to be heading. Everything we were told or shown lends it's self to the Southampton model. Excellent stuff.