PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewals

craigmounthibby
24-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Interesting to note at the bottom of the club statement posted today, that season ticket renewals will be available from March. Based on promotion to the premier league only being likely/possible through winning a playoff series that finishes in June, I wonder what the pricing structure will be, to entice people to part with their cash early?

Ronniekirk
24-01-2015, 08:07 AM
Interesting to note at the bottom of the club statement posted today, that season ticket renewals will be available from March. Based on promotion to the premier league only being likely/possible through winning a playoff series that finishes in June, I wonder what the pricing structure will be, to entice people to part with their cash early?

Think when some of those same people will be taking up the share issue option it's the wrong time to be asking for season ticket renewals if charging the same as just now And don't see them being prepared to reduce prices unless we are in the Championship for another year and as you point out we won't know that by then .
They could however offer the payment scheme at that point which would allow people to start paying direct debits earlier Given that We have brought in players early in this Transfer Window Stubbs may want the revenue to do the same in the summer and given how he has us playing players might now want to come to us as a positive destination and way of furthering thier career lCummings as young player is clearly developing and Allan has got his career back on track .

Would be interestedi in others views on this and sure to be topic at A G M I would think

Blaster
24-01-2015, 08:18 AM
It is going to be a really tricky one this year. We want to encourage more people getting them without significantly reducing our budget for next year

Personally I would make 300 per adult or 350 to include cup games. I would also make the kids tickets cheaper when bought at the same time as an adult season ticket. Similar to what is currently available in the FF lower

Appreciate this may not be financially feasible but we need to take a slight risk in the hope we sell more at the lower price

Eyrie
24-01-2015, 10:19 AM
I think the club needs to offer a bigger discount for early renewal. That will reward those who shelled out for this season's tickets at Premiership prices whilst enabling the price to stay the same for next year regardless of whether we go up.

I'd be surprised if prices are cut across the board.

gegs70
24-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I have missed a few games this season. I wonder how many free tickets they gave away to schools this season? We are not guaranteed to be promoted this so this will need to be reflected in the price??

hibby6270
24-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Grrr! Don't get me started on ST prices for next season :rolleyes:

Let's not forget that this season's prices were set in March 2014 based on SPL prices and it still sticks in the craw a bit that nothing directly was done to reduce the cost after relegation. IIRC when questioned about possibility of relegation, RP said something along the lines of - "never/not going to happen". If only.

To be asked again to commit to paying for something before we even know what it will be (SPL or Championship) is IMHO cheeky to say the least. It's almost insulting supporters intelligence if the Board think they can get away with it again.

Thoughts?

Houchy
24-01-2015, 02:49 PM
I, for one, will sit tight until we find out what league we'll be in. That said, iF we are still in the championship, I fully expect us to win the league next year, Sevco or not. If we go up this season, I'll buy one.

Stuarty27
24-01-2015, 02:55 PM
When we get to the Scottish cup final this season ticket sales will take care of themselves :)

jodjam
24-01-2015, 03:00 PM
If we lose today this thread will see more traffic than last couple days.

It's a tricky one for the board. Maybe some sort of "cup top up " gamble may be what they do

PatHead
24-01-2015, 10:26 PM
How would fans feel about seats being cheaper in different parts of the ground such as cheaper at either end of the East/West Lower/FF, then higher for on the half way line

Also what would be a reasonable price?

marinello59
24-01-2015, 10:34 PM
How would fans feel about seats being cheaper in different parts of the ground such as cheaper at either end of the East/West Lower/FF, then higher for on the half way line

How would you stop people buying cheaper tickets in the wings but sitting in the middle anyway?

PatHead
24-01-2015, 10:37 PM
How wod you stop people buying cheaper tickets in the wings but sitting in the middle anyway?

Would have to rely a bit on honesty but mainly on stewards with maybe different coloured season tickets. Just thinking out loud.

BoomtownHibees
25-01-2015, 08:08 AM
Would have to rely a bit on honesty but mainly on stewards with maybe different coloured season tickets. Just thinking out loud.

Far too hard to manage even though I agree with the idea in principle

Danderhall Hibs
25-01-2015, 08:13 AM

It's something I suggested on here a couple of seasons ago. It's what other clubs do and makes sense.

Obviously folk could buy the cheaper seat and move but as you say we need to trust they won't rip the club off in the same way we do with folk buying a kids ticket and an adult using it.

Andy74
25-01-2015, 08:21 AM
Grrr! Don't get me started on ST prices for next season :rolleyes:

Let's not forget that this season's prices were set in March 2014 based on SPL prices and it still sticks in the craw a bit that nothing directly was done to reduce the cost after relegation. IIRC when questioned about possibility of relegation, RP said something along the lines of - "never/not going to happen". If only.

To be asked again to commit to paying for something before we even know what it will be (SPL or Championship) is IMHO cheeky to say the least. It's almost insulting supporters intelligence if the Board think they can get away with it again.

Thoughts?

What do you mean by get away with it?

Quite simply if we want to spend the money on decent wages we need to pay prices that fund it.

If we want to pay Championship prices we will get a Championship player budget.

The cash isn't going anywhere else. I'd be happy to pay same again if it came to it. It's Hibs I pay to see.

lucky
25-01-2015, 08:30 AM
ST should be £300 max for East and West stands and £200 for the FF lower £250 for the upper. I would make student and young adult STs only available in the FF lower and would charge £100. That way it would create a atmosphere. Child STs should be available in all parts of the ground but under 12s I would make £25 when purchased with a adult ST. Any adult caught using a kid ST should be banned for life. No logic in my figures other than making football more affordable and ground more full

marinello59
25-01-2015, 08:38 AM

Quite simply if we want to spend the money on decent wages we need to pay prices that fund it.

The cash isn't going anywhere else. I'd be happy to pay same again if it came to it. It's Hibs I pay to see.

Totally agree. No matter what league we are in we have to fund a top league team. If your ambition for the club doesn't extend beyond the here and now then pay championship prices but don't complain when we don't get out of the league you want to budget for.

Gordon Quinn
25-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Could someone please remind me when the monthly payment plan for current ST's ends?

Gordon Quinn
25-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Could someone please remind me when the monthly payment plan for current ST's ends?

BroxburnHibee
25-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Prices will stay the same IMO.

Discount for early renewal.

green&left
25-01-2015, 08:50 AM

March I think. My first payment was in April followed by another 10 DD's my conformation email says.

If there is any discount at all it will be minimum, and even then probably 'restricted' to early birds/current ST holders.

Brightside
25-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Same again is fine with me.

NadeAteMyLunch!
25-01-2015, 09:06 AM

If paying an extra £50 over the year gets us the likes of Allan and Malonga-as opposed to Thornhill and Junior Agogo-then it's money well spent IMO

semaj64
25-01-2015, 09:19 AM
I would be ok to pay the same but everyone's circumstances are different. It was always going to the a 2 year plan to get up had to be with The Ranges and Hearts. I would expecting to be rewarded with reduced SPL prices in the 16/17 season

Just Alf
25-01-2015, 09:33 AM

This, 100%...... ST money has always (we've been told) been ring fenced for the playing squad..... One way to look at it. The lower the ST revenue is, the less impact our new share issue will have.

bobbyhibs1983
25-01-2015, 09:36 AM

I can see where you are coming from but if like you have saud *we need to pay prices that fund it" so in theory would you and everyone else be happy to pay say £1000 for a season ticket?

cos that way we ll have more money from season tickets, which means more money for hibs which means more money for transfers and wages.

I think imo it depends on how people feel about things.To some people no matter what hibs charge people will go. to others its every other saturday* with the kids. to others its every other saturday* with there mates.To others if they can afford a ticket(walk ups) they will go

(*if played on every other saturday)
Its a tough one for hibs and im sure whatever wya they play it some people will accept it, whilst others will hate it

Pretty Boy
25-01-2015, 09:44 AM
ST should be £300 max for East and West stands and £200 for the FF lower £250 for the upper. I would make student and young adult STs only available in the FF lower and would charge £100. That way it would create a atmosphere. Child STs should be available in all parts of the ground but under 12s I would make £25 when purchased with a adult ST. Any adult caught using a kid ST should be banned for life. No logic in my figures other than making football more affordable and ground more full

Has it ever been proven that lower prices results in bigger crowds? Not taking the piss btw, genuine question. I know there's the odd game where a team lowers the price and sees a bounce but long term would bigger crowds offset the loss caused by significantly lower prices.

ICT had a 'pay what you can' deal midweek and actually got a crowd slightly lower than their average. The chairman said whilst it was a 'success' he's not sure he would do it again because of the cost base at the club, roughly translated as 'we lost money on it'. I'd love a ST for £300 but not if it damaged the club and I just don't see enough people being motivated to come back that it would work.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2015, 09:47 AM
It's something I suggested on here a couple of seasons ago. It's what other clubs do and makes sense.

Obviously folk could buy the cheaper seat and move but as you say we need to trust they won't rip the club off in the same way we do with folk buying a kids ticket and an adult using it.

would ever work tho, disgusting tho it is as they r ripping their own club off...i kno off people in their 30's using concession ST's

trev the hat
25-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Don't mind paying the same, I would like to see Hibs TV thrown in for free to ST holders though or maybe 1/2 free vouchers to bring a friend, as I was down at Stevenage in Oct & used my cousins voucher on his ST book to get in, a good way to get guests back if they enjoyed it.

PatHead
25-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Don't mind paying the same, I would like to see Hibs TV thrown in for free to ST holders though or maybe 1/2 free vouchers to bring a friend, as I was down at Stevenage in Oct & used my cousins voucher on his ST book to get in, a good way to get guests back if they enjoyed it.

We did that on Pat Stanton day (Cowdenbeath) and the take up was poor. Should be done again.

Hamish
25-01-2015, 10:14 AM
Anyone who renews before we know what league we will be playing in deserves something, I would suggest they receive a free cup top-up.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2015, 10:14 AM
We did that on Pat Stanton day (Cowdenbeath) and the take up was poor. Should be done again.

I think what will get punters through the gate is a winning team on the park, now we have that more people will want to watch it imo.

I couldn't give my vouchers for the Cowdenbeath game away, not one person wanted them. 3 or 4 of the same people that wouldn't take a freebie that day have paid to watch us in our last 2 home games.

emerald green
25-01-2015, 10:38 AM

:agree: Pay peanuts and you get monkeys I'm afraid. If Hibs do not gain promotion this season it will be difficult enough trying to retain players like Scott Allan without also reducing the player budget.

Totally agree. No matter what league we are in we have to fund a top league team. If your ambition for the club doesn't extend beyond the here and now then pay championship prices but don't complain when we don't get out of the league you want to budget for.

:agree: See above.

trev the hat
25-01-2015, 01:06 PM

Yes I remember that, if you had the option to use them at the game of your choice (provided there is seats available) then you can pretty much guarantee they'll get used.

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2015, 01:14 PM
would ever work tho, disgusting tho it is as they r ripping their own club off...i kno off people in their 30's using concession ST's

This is one area the club need to clamp down on.

Keith_M
25-01-2015, 01:18 PM
People could always hold off from buying their Season Tickets until we know what league we're going to be in next season.

marinello59
25-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Anyone who renews before we know what league we will be playing in deserves something, I would suggest they receive a free cup top-up.

Winnin games would be reward enough for me.

Bishop Hibee
25-01-2015, 01:30 PM
I'd pay the same if it meant under 18's were £5 pay at the gate. The walk up price for youngsters is ridiculous compared to when I was that age.

lucky
25-01-2015, 01:44 PM
We've had many a discussion on football being to expensive and it is really time for something to done. We getting bigger crowds than nearly every other club in Scotland but we still charge more than most and still find ourselves 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Cheaper STs would result in greater sales, surely it's worth trying

marinello59
25-01-2015, 01:49 PM
We've had many a discussion on football being to expensive and it is really time for something to done. We getting bigger crowds than nearly every other club in Scotland but we still charge more than most and still find ourselves 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. Cheaper STs would result in greater sales, surely it's worth trying

I'd agree but we can't act in isolation, the whole game up here would have to agree to lower prices. That's not going to happen any time soon.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2015, 01:53 PM
I think season tickets really need to be lowered for next season, in case we are still in the Championship.

If we don't get promoted, the chances are that Hearts and Sevco will both go up and therefore we'll have no big games next season.

I don't think we can charge £400 for a season ticket if we're playing the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton every other week.

SteveHFC
25-01-2015, 01:54 PM
I think season tickets really need to be lowered for next season, in case we are still in the Championship.

If we don't get promoted, the chances are that Hearts and Sevco will both go up and therefore we'll have no big games next season.

I don't think we can charge £400 for a season ticket if we're playing the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton every other week.

It wouldn't suprise me if we did.

lord bunberry
25-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I've been thinking about this in the last couple days and all I really want is the club to make some sort of gesture to me as thanks for paying over the odds and sticking by the team. A cup top up or a free strip. I will no doubt renew anyway, but it would be nice to do it without feeling I'm being taken for granted. I've read people saying it's time to support the club, but my support isn't the issue. I think we should wait until we find out what league we're in before selling season tickets.

3pm
25-01-2015, 02:07 PM

What if we do go up but we can't strengthen properly?

Sir David Gray
25-01-2015, 02:19 PM
What if we do go up but we can't strengthen properly?

I understand that argument but people are already annoyed after this season's prices were Premiership prices, despite being relegated. I don't think it would be wise to risk it again next season if we happen to still be in the Championship.

It's a difficult decision to make but I think the season ticket prices really have to be lowered.

Gerard
25-01-2015, 02:28 PM
What benefits would add value to the season ticket for next season and beyond?

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Just to get used to the idea I have for weeks been purchasing goods from Tesco's value range but paying Tesco's Finest range prices.

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2015, 02:32 PM

Nothing can add value to a season ticket apart from a vast saving on walk up prices. and cup games being inclusive.

3pm
25-01-2015, 02:38 PM
Nothing can add value to a season ticket apart from a vast saving on walk up prices. and cup games being inclusive.

It's not 1994 unfortunately Scouse. Those days are gone.

marinello59
25-01-2015, 02:46 PM

Watching entertaining football and winning more matches than we lose. Simple.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2015, 02:51 PM

This is it for me. A ST long ago ceased to be about value for money, the saving compared to walk ups is minimal.

It's essentially an early show of support for the club. With the payment plan it's affordable for a range of budgets and kids STs in the FF are great value.

PatHead
25-01-2015, 02:57 PM
I understand that argument but people are already annoyed after this season's prices were Premiership prices, despite being relegated. I don't think it would be wise to risk it again next season if we happen to still be in the Championship.

It's a difficult decision to make but I think the season ticket prices really have to be lowered.

To how much?

Andy74
25-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Just to get used to the idea I have for weeks been purchasing goods from Tesco's value range but paying Tesco's Finest range prices.

Have the players we have brought in not worth paying what we are for them?

Gerard
25-01-2015, 03:09 PM

How much are you then prepared to pay for a ST?

Sir David Gray
25-01-2015, 03:12 PM
To how much?

I don't have a particular figure in mind.

It doesn't need to be a lot. I would possibly even suggest a minimal discount, even just as a token gesture. Just so that we're not paying the same prices that we've paid this year following relegation and last year when we were in the Premiership.

The club's getting a lot of things right off the pitch at the moment, in terms of how it's communicating with supporters in public and also how it's handling itself in general and people are warming to that. It would be a bad move, in my opinion, to not lower season ticket prices for next year.

Most people have accepted the prices this season, partly because we've had four category A games as part of the season ticket package. If we don't go up this season, the chances are our biggest league games next season will be against Falkirk.

Pretty Boy
25-01-2015, 03:15 PM

It doesn't need to be a lot. I would possibly even suggest a minimal discount, even just as a token gesture. Just so that we're not paying the same prices that we've paid this year following relegation and last year when we were in the Premiership.

The club's getting a lot of things right off the pitch at the moment, in terms of how it's communicating with supporters in public and also how it's handling itself in general and people are warming to that. It would be a bad move, in my opinion, to not lower season ticket prices for next year.

Most people have accepted the prices this season, partly because we've had four category A games as part of the season ticket package. If we don't go up this season, the chances are our biggest league games next season will be against Falkirk.

Surely a price freeze (3rd year in a row?) is in real terms a nominal discount?

lord bunberry
25-01-2015, 03:17 PM

I think I'm right in saying that if they don't drop the price then it would work out more expensive to buy a season ticket than it is to pay at the gate(assuming there's no cat A games).

marinello59
25-01-2015, 03:18 PM
How much are you then prepared to pay for a ST?

Something similar to last year? I didn't pay to watch Alloa etc this year, I paid to watch Hibs.

Scouse Hibee
25-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Have the players we have brought in not worth paying what we are for them?

I pay to watch games in the championship and expect to pay the market rate, couldn't care less about the value of the players that's up to the club when they buy them.

bingo70
25-01-2015, 04:19 PM
I think if we keep the same prices less people will renew.

I think if there's some small token gesture to reward loyalty it could go along way.

matty_f
25-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Maybe a discount of some sort for those renewing, and freeze last year's prices for new season tickets.

bingo70
25-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Maybe a discount of some sort for those renewing, and freeze last year's prices for new season tickets.

Yup, I think there has to be some recognition That if we stay down we'll be losing at least two category a games, possibly 4.

If we just ignore that I think season ticket numbers will be way down.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 05:14 PM
I'll pay same again if need be. I know some people buy multiple tickets and is very different for them, but as I only pay for myself and use the payment plan, even if the ST were £50 cheaper, the fact that £4.50 a month less will be taken from my account will make little difference.

I'm happy with how the ST money has been spent this year, and trust Stubbs to keep bringing quality in, regardless of what division we're in.

I know it's different for other people, but I buy my ST every year in the hope that I'm buying into something that will get get better in time - this season is the first year in long time where I believe this is actually happening for us. As others have said, I pay to watch Hibs and not the opposition.

3pm
25-01-2015, 05:45 PM

I am not that fussed. Will renew regardless but Hibs TV would be my preferred option!!!

bingo70
25-01-2015, 05:53 PM
I am not that fussed. Will renew regardless but Hibs TV would be my preferred option!!!

When discussing what the club should do I think folk need to look beyond what they'll do and look at what most fans will think.

I've already stated my preference for some discount or added value but I'll go regardless, I do the monthly payment option so in reality it'll make very little difference to me. My concern though if the st just is no value at all I think loads of people will give up their season tickets and pay at the gate. There's a hard core of around 5000-7000 that'll renew regardless but if we want to build on these numbers there has to be some incentive.

(3pm- That posts not directed at you btw, you just happened to be the last poster)

Bobby's Cinema
25-01-2015, 06:18 PM
It's orite being noble and happy paying the same again, but clearly for a lot of people 400odd quid to watch a championship product is out of reach.

It was a big enough kick in the teeth for ST prices to remain the same last season. Any price freeze is hardly a victory imo

marinello59
25-01-2015, 06:25 PM
It's orite being noble and happy paying the same again, but clearly for a lot of people 400odd quid to watch a championship product is out of reach.

It was a big enough kick in the teeth for ST prices to remain the same last season. Any price freeze is hardly a victory imo

What does that mean? :greengrin
Is £400 to see a top league club out of reach as well or does affordability change with the division? And talk of a price freeze being a victory? Are we at war here?

Bobby's Cinema
25-01-2015, 06:34 PM
What does that mean? :greengrin
Is £400 to see a top league club out of reach as well or does affordability change with the division? And talk of a price freeze being a victory? Are we at war here?
I think It's reasonable to ask for our season ticket prices to reflect the division we are in, If we want fans through the gates. You would agree with that. Nope no warring here :flag:

marinello59
25-01-2015, 06:36 PM
I think It's reasonable to ask for our season ticket prices to reflect the division we are in, If we want fans through the gates. You would agree with that. Nope no warring here :flag:

Fair enough. I think it's right that season ticket prices reflect the price of the division we should be playing in. If we don't go up this time we should still operate a top league squad and that's what I will be paying to watch.

ronaldo7
25-01-2015, 06:38 PM
I'm still waiting to hear what Leeann is going to give us back from this seasons prices. She said she would look at giving us something back. Maybe free entry into the play offs for all Season ticket holders:dunno:

I will be renewing.:aok:

3pm
25-01-2015, 06:44 PM
free entry into the play offs for all Season ticket holders:dunno:

I just assumed this would happen!

ronaldo7
25-01-2015, 06:46 PM
I just assumed this would happen!

And a free hot dog:greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-01-2015, 07:02 PM
I would like to see season ticket prices reflect the take-up of the new share issue/HSL scheme. If the raison d'etre of this is to "fund sporting ambition", surely fans cannot be expected to pay Premiership prices for STs also? :confused: Anyway, I will (probably) be renewing :greengrin

marinello59
25-01-2015, 07:06 PM
I would like to see season ticket prices reflect the take-up of the new share issue/HSL scheme. If the raison d'etre of this is to "fund sporting ambition", surely fans cannot be expected to pay Premiership prices for STs also? :confused: Anyway, I will (probably) be renewing :greengrin

Eh?
The share issue/HSL money is additional to ST revenue and should be seen as such. Are you saying fans should get discounted STs because we have also been given the chance to own 51% of the club?

marinello59
25-01-2015, 07:08 PM
And a free hot dog:greengrin

I'd pay extra not to have to eat anything from the food outlets at ER.:greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-01-2015, 07:11 PM
Eh?
The share issue/HSL money is additional to ST revenue and should be seen as such. Are you saying fans should get discounted STs because we have also been given the chance to own 51% of the club?

Eh? :greengrin

I'm saying that if paying Premiership prices for STs is accepted by some as fair enough (as we want to go up/see a winning team on the park) BUT we are also being offered the chance to buy shares, (where presumably "funding sporting ambition" means paying wages/signing on fees, etc) then a discount on STs wouldn't be unreasonable, IMHO, as it's an additional revenue route that wasn't available before now :aok:

marinello59
25-01-2015, 07:13 PM
Eh? :greengrin

I'm saying that if paying Premiership prices for STs is accepted by some as fair enough (as we want to go up/see a winning team on the park) BUT we are also being offered the chance to buy shares, where presumably "funding sporting ambition" means paying wages/signing on fees, etc, then a discount on STs wouldn't be unreasonable, IMHO, as it's an additional revenue route that wasn't available before now :aok:

I still don't get it. I'll drink some wine and try again later. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-01-2015, 07:14 PM
I still don't get it. I'll drink some wine and try again later. :greengrin

:cheers:

ronaldo7
25-01-2015, 07:21 PM
I'd pay extra not to have to eat anything from the food outlets at ER.:greengrin

Your season will be an extra £10 then, or a donation of same to Leith Links:greengrin

FranckSuzy
25-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Your season will be an extra £10 then, or a donation of same to Leith Links:greengrin

:tee hee: :thumbsup:

marinello59
25-01-2015, 07:25 PM

:greengrin

matty_f
25-01-2015, 08:03 PM

Same here, was just thinking aloud to be honest. I'll renew anyway.

gegs70
26-01-2015, 07:50 AM

I think quite a few will hang off to see what league we will be playing in! We kind of got caught out last season by buying early then being relegated!!!

Sauzee07
26-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Is there something clever that can be done to link the price to the number of sales? If we could protect the revenue of the club whilst also increasing the number of bums on seats, that would be a win-win surely? 10,000 season tickets at £400 brings in the same revenue as 20,000 tickets at £200 (to use a simple example). However, with more people in the stadium we should have an improved atmosphere and also increased commercial value in the catering contracts etc.

JimBHibees
26-01-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm still waiting to hear what Leeann is going to give us back from this seasons prices. She said she would look at giving us something back. Maybe free entry into the play offs for all Season ticket holders:dunno:

I will be renewing.:aok:

Personally think this should happen anyway as it is still part of the same league season though no doubt if we are playing Hearts or Rangers then it will be treated separately to get the cash in.

hibseleven
26-01-2015, 01:24 PM
stuff it, i'm just gonna renew mines straight away. That way it saves me wasting that money on lager.

or lager.........

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Personally think this should happen anyway as it is still part of the same league season though no doubt if we are playing Hearts or Rangers then it will be treated separately to get the cash in.

We got in free for the Hamilton game, but when you are the team possibly being relegated, it is a different scenario from the team getting promoted. Although I do think it would be a hard sell to get ST holders to pay for home playoff games.

I would love us to see us being clever with our season tickets.

I like the idea to incentivise the more sold, the cheaper the price. We should also look to sell cheaper ST's for the corners of the stands.
We could also come up with a "matchday experience" ST. It could include a weekly programme, pie and a drink, and get you a home or away top included at the start of the season. Doing that on the payment plan would then reduce the cost that people were having to spend on matchdays, and mean the club had the money up front. I would certainly buy that for my son, and possibly for me too.

Also a loyalty bonus is a possible idea. Maybe 2% off the cost of your season ticket for every year you renew (with a maximum of say 15-20% being possible)

JimBHibees
26-01-2015, 01:46 PM
We got in free for the Hamilton game, but when you are the team possibly being relegated, it is a different scenario from the team getting promoted. Although I do think it would be a hard sell to get ST holders to pay for home playoff games.

I like the idea to incentivise the more sold, the cheaper the price. We should also look to sell cheaper ST's for the corners of the stands.
We could also come up with a "matchday experience" ST. It could include a weekly programme, pie and a drink, and get you a home or away top included at the start of the season. Doing that on the payment plan would then reduce the cost that people were having to spend on matchdays, and mean the club had the money up front. I would certainly buy that for my son, and possibly for me too.

Also a loyalty bonus is a possible idea. Maybe 2% off the cost of your season ticket for every year you renew (with a maximum of say 15-20% being possible)

All cracking ideas, get Leeann telt. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-01-2015, 01:57 PM

:agree: It was the right thing to do for the Hamilton game last season as we should never have been in that position in the first place and the fact that we were even involved in that match was a disgrace.

It was right that season ticket holders were given free entry into that match to reward their loyalty, considering we had only won two home games in the whole of 2014 leading up to that point.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the same arrangements for the play offs this season.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 03:27 PM
:agree: It was the right thing to do for the Hamilton game last season as we should never have been in that position in the first place and the fact that we were even involved in that match was a disgrace.

It was right that season ticket holders were given free entry into that match to reward their loyalty, considering we had only won two home games in the whole of 2014 leading up to that point.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the same arrangements for the play offs this season.

I would be expecting to get into those games with my season ticket, to be honest. I know there will be a literal end to the season and the play-off will be considered as falling after that point, however for me they are very much a part of this season and should be included, IMHO.

Sir David Gray
26-01-2015, 03:31 PM
I would be expecting to get into those games with my season ticket, to be honest. I know there will be a literal end to the season and the play-off will be considered as falling after that point, however for me they are very much a part of this season and should be included, IMHO.

I would like it to happen but I won't be expecting it.

I fully expect Hibs to charge everyone who attends those fixtures.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I'd be happy to pay for the play off games. You pay for the scheduled league matches and the play offs are hopefully to be expected for us but they are still an additional element of the season like progressing in the cups.

Part of the reasoning for bringing them in was to create additional excitement/interest/revenue for clubs and we should be happy for Hibs to try and exploit that given we are where we are. There are some potentially big and lucrative games in there.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 03:47 PM
I'd be happy to pay for the play off games. You pay for the scheduled league matches and the play offs are hopefully to be expected for us but they are still an additional element of the season like progressing in the cups.

Part of the reasoning for bringing them in was to create additional excitement/interest/revenue for clubs and we should be happy for Hibs to try and exploit that given we are where we are. There are some potentially big and lucrative games in there.

I can see where you're coming from, but we need to bear in mind that a lot of us will have renewed our season tickets by the time the play-offs come around, as well as paying into either buying shares directly or through HSL - I think that if Hibs are looking to make money out of the play-offs they should be aiming for the walk-ups and for the prize money of getting promotion rather than season ticket holders.

Andy74
26-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I can see where you're coming from, but we need to bear in mind that a lot of us will have renewed our season tickets by the time the play-offs come around, as well as paying into either buying shares directly or through HSL - I think that if Hibs are looking to make money out of the play-offs they should be aiming for the walk-ups and for the prize money of getting promotion rather than season ticket holders.

Yep, I get that view and a lot of us renewed last year not thinking we'd be here and will renew this year not knowing where we will be too but my main thought just now is in allowing Hibs to be as competitive as possible. If we have to stay in this league we need to make sure its the very last time and if we go up we need to strengthen.

If I'm going to chuck money at shares or HSL I might as well pay for some play off games too. :greengrin

I hope we've got the expense of some Hampden trips as well.

matty_f
26-01-2015, 03:56 PM
Yep, I get that view and a lot of us renewed last year not thinking we'd be here and will renew this year not knowing where we will be too but my main thought just now is in allowing Hibs to be as competitive as possible. If we have to stay in this league we need to make sure its the very last time and if we go up we need to strengthen.

If I'm going to chuck money at shares or HSL I might as well pay for some play off games too. :greengrin

I hope we've got the expense of some Hampden trips as well.

The Hampden trips I can cope with.:greengrin

Mikey
26-01-2015, 03:59 PM
When offshorehibby and I were down seeing her, LD said that the club was still looking to give something back to season ticket holders this season. I wouldn't be surprised if entry to at least one play off game would be in her thinking.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2015, 05:47 PM
E
When offshorehibby and I were down seeing her, LD said that the club was still looking to give something back to season ticket holders this season. I wouldn't be surprised if entry to at least one play off game would be in her thinking.

One game would be sensible. We only get 18 home games in the championship v 19 in the premiership