PDA

View Full Version : martin odegaard

CRAZYHIBBY
23-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Not seen it mentioned but signed for Real Madrid for 2.3 mill snd only 16....Can't get links up but some good stuff on YouTube...

Sorry if mentioned already

pacorosssco
23-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Not seen it mentioned but signed for Real Madrid for 2.3 mill snd only 16....Can't get links up but some good stuff on YouTube...

Sorry if mentioned already

Dont mean to be cruel but Tom Taiwo, Francis Jeffers . Hardly any of big clubs do well when signing players at this age. Best left to develop where they are . Good luck to the kid. Made already and that can be to a players detriment.

kaimendhibs
23-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Believe he's on 80 grand a week at 16. Wow

SteveHFC
23-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Believe he's on 80 grand a week at 16. Wow

No wonder football is ****ed.

Northernhibee
23-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Maybe he can come on loan to us? :hyper

Greencore
23-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Maybe he can come on loan to us? :hyper

With a certain striker from Glasgow way?

Future17
23-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Dont mean to be cruel but Tom Taiwo, Francis Jeffers . Hardly any of big clubs do well when signing players at this age. Best left to develop where they are . Good luck to the kid. Made already and that can be to a players detriment.

Thought the same. To be fair to Real, they have an excellent system for developing the very best talent, but if anyone falls short of the high bar, they can find themselves lost.

Will be interesting to chart his progress - let's not forget that Ronaldo was 21-22 before he really established himself as the player he is now.

Alex Trager
23-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Thought the same. To be fair to Real, they have an excellent system for developing the very best talent, but if anyone falls short of the high bar, they can find themselves lost.

Will be interesting to chart his progress - let's not forget that Ronaldo was 21-22 before he really established himself as the player he is now.

Maybe James Rodriguez, or Jason Cummings are the only players o can think that have made it at a younger age than CR7
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson
23-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Real Madrid isn't the place to go aged 16, I'd be surprised if he is actually given the chance to develop there. That being said, if he really is on 80k a week how can I possibly sit and say he made the wrong move?

80k a week for an unproven 16 year old though, I despair. Game's a bogey.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Maybe James Rodriguez, or Jason Cummings are the only players o can think that have made it at a younger age than CR7
;)

Messi?

1st team regular at 18 for Barca, scored a hat trick in a clasico at 20, nominated for the Balon d'or at 21 and won it at 22.

Alex Trager
23-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Messi?

1st team regular at 18 for Barca, scored a hat trick in a clasico at 20, nominated for the Balon d'or at 21 and won it at 22.

And obviously the 'wee man'

NadeAteMyLunch!
23-01-2015, 11:11 PM
He's going out on loan I believe.
I've heard 80k being banded about but I really doubt it tbh

hibees 7062
23-01-2015, 11:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgMfbegLTg&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&feature=player_detailpage

Ronny Deila has not ruled out a potential loan deal with Real Madrid for Odegaard

SteveHFC
23-01-2015, 11:48 PM
With a certain striker from Glasgow way?

:hyper

superfurryhibby
23-01-2015, 11:51 PM
****ing hate modern football.

hibees 7062
23-01-2015, 11:59 PM
:hyper

Reported

macd123
24-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Does anyone else think he looks pretty rubbish? I watched all the clips and can't see anything special about him at all. He does the odd step over but if that's his highlights he could be another freddy adu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rAUls8rEYs

Haymaker
24-01-2015, 06:47 AM
Reported

Nae need.

Future17
24-01-2015, 07:25 AM
;)

Yeah, James' first sit-up-and-take-notice season was probably at Porto when he was 20-21, but that still gives Odegaard a good number of years. Jason is a good shout though... :greengrin

Real Madrid isn't the place to go aged 16, I'd be surprised if he is actually given the chance to develop there.

I think Real get a bad rep for youth development because the headlines go to the money they spend on "marquee" signings. In reality, their youth system has developed some cracking players over the years (Raul, Casillas, Cambiasso and, more recently Juan Mata and Jese Rodriguez).

It also helps that their reserve team play in a competitive league, usually yo-yoing between the second and third tier of Spanish football, which is a pretty good level to develop at. I don't think he'll go out on loan any time soon as I suspect they'll want to mould him in the Real image.

Speedy
24-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Does anyone else think he looks pretty rubbish? I watched all the clips and can't see anything special about him at all. He does the odd step over but if that's his highlights he could be another freddy adu.

Not sure I'd say pretty rubbish but yes not much there that you don't see on the soccer am skills thing.

Will obviously see how he responds to playing at a higher level.

Alex Trager
24-01-2015, 07:49 AM

Did you watch the scoutnation vid?

I think he looks very good.

Tricky and fast with his feet.

On a side note, the team he was playing in, was playing some silky football.
I had no idea they played stuff like that over there. Haha

Alex Trager
24-01-2015, 07:50 AM
Yeah, James' first sit-up-and-take-notice season was probably at Porto when he was 20-21, but that still gives Odegaard a good number of years. Jason is a good shout though... :greengrin

I think Real get a bad rep for youth development because the headlines go to the money they spend on "marquee" signings. In reality, their youth system has developed some cracking players over the years (Raul, Casillas, Cambiasso and, more recently Juan Mata and Jese Rodriguez).

It also helps that their reserve team play in a competitive league, usually yo-yoing between the second and third tier of Spanish football, which is a pretty good level to develop at. I don't think he'll go out on loan any time soon as I suspect they'll want to mould him in the Real image.

Ah, I just took a guess that james was young.
Based on the fact Id never heard of him in the summer.
I never realised he was above 21

Future17
24-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Ah, I just took a guess that james was young.
Based on the fact Id never heard of him in the summer.
I never realised he was above 21

There's some cracking players in the Portuguese league, especially those who have come over from South America (like James and Falcao have done previously) and it seems to be a good place for skilful talent to develop (which bodes well for Gauld).

On a side noted, I see Real have just signed Lucas Silva from Cruzeiro for a rumoured £10m. He's highly rated, but I haven't seen much of him. Will be interesting to see how he does.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-01-2015, 08:35 AM
Not looking to hijack the thread, but i can see a time where big clubs just buy smaller clubs and then just wait on the talent.

ScottB
24-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Not looking to hijack the thread, but i can see a time where big clubs just buy smaller clubs and then just wait on the talent.

Already happened, Chelsea have Vitesse, Man Utd have Anderlecht, City have various teams across the world now...

Hoover up talented youngsters, punt them out on loan to subsidiary clubs and wait and see if any of them shine.

Future17
24-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Already happened, Chelsea have Vitesse, Man Utd have Anderlecht, City have various teams across the world now...

Hoover up talented youngsters, punt them out on loan to subsidiary clubs and wait and see if any of them shine.

United's agreement is with Antwerp, not Anderlecht.

I don't think these teams don't "own" the others, they just have develop agreements in place which are supposed to be mutually beneficial.

Tynie01011973
24-01-2015, 08:51 AM

Think you mean RC Antwerp :wink:

Brightside
24-01-2015, 08:58 AM
I hear his dad was given a role with the Youth Academy as part of the deal.

Bronson
24-01-2015, 09:23 AM

Cambiasso never broke through at Madrid though, he went back to Argentina before he ever played a first team game for Real. Same for Mata, he never progressed to the first team, Valencia signed him before he was ever promoted from the B team.

In all honesty, their track record for producing youth is pretty non-existent, if they need a player, they'll go and buy him. If they want a player, they'll go and buy him. And if they don't need or particularly want him but his name will sell shirts, they'll go and buy him.

Odegaard will be farmed out on loan, he should've signed for someone where he has a realistic chance of first team football every week if he wanted to develop his career IMO. Not that I blame him though, who turns down 80k a week at Real Madrid aged 16? No one.

hibees 7062
24-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Hertz might buy us then :greengrin

Onceinawhile
24-01-2015, 12:14 PM

Man Utd do not have Anderlecht.

Man Utd have an agreement in place with Royal Antwerp, they loan them players who are unlikely to qualify for work permits at the time and a few youngsters.

Anderlecht????? :giruy2:

Future17
24-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Man Utd do not have Anderlecht.

Man Utd have an agreement in place with Royal Antwerp, they loan them players who are unlikely to qualify for work permits at the time and a few youngsters.

Anderlecht????? :giruy2:

From that reaction, I assume you follow Antwerp? :greengrin

If so, am I right in thinking that the agreement with Man United has gone a bit cold in recent times?

GreenLake
24-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Hertz might buy us then :greengrin

We would get ourselves back through foreclosure.

ekhibee
24-01-2015, 02:33 PM

There's a lot of truth to what you say (although the only reason Raul went to Real Madrid youth was because Atheltico shut their football academy about a year into his training, and Cambiasso was a youth player in Argentina before he went to Real Madrid), too much is made of their big signings. Although they're a fantastic team, in some ways they do represent all that's wrong with football IMO. Subsidized by the Spanish bank, they have a head start over everybody and seem to be able to spend whatever they want without ever having to worry about paying anything back.

LancashireHibby
24-01-2015, 02:47 PM
From that reaction, I assume you follow Antwerp? :greengrin

If so, am I right in thinking that the agreement with Man United has gone a bit cold in recent times?

There was certainly a spell maybe 10 years ago that Utd seemed to send 4/5 players to Antwerp every season. Sure that doesn't happen any more at the very least.

Onceinawhile
24-01-2015, 04:41 PM
There was certainly a spell maybe 10 years ago that Utd seemed to send 4/5 players to Antwerp every season. Sure that doesn't happen any more at the very least.

Nope certainly not to that extent anymore.

Royal Antwerp do have an interesting goalie these days though.

Yves Makalamby:aok:

Northernhibee
24-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Reported

We might finally see an end to this pish? :hyper

sambajustice
24-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Surprised he didnt go to Hearts to join the rest of the world's top young talent!

Eyrie
24-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Surprised he didnt go to Hearts to join the rest of the world's top young talent!

He didn't want to be overshadowed by Callum Paterson.

The_Horde
25-01-2015, 01:01 AM
He nearly signed for hearts but swiftly realised he'd never be sold on for a bigger price than Andy '15 million pound' driver

Sean1875
25-01-2015, 01:13 AM
80k a week at 16... I'd be face down in a park in a puddle of vodka and my own tears if I was on that money at 16.

GreenLake
25-01-2015, 01:21 AM
If I was a player at Madrid I would sneak into the dressing room one night and put an Odegaard name plate on Ronaldo's locker. Just to see what happens.

Eyrie
25-01-2015, 11:18 AM
If I was a player at Madrid I would sneak into the dressing room one night and put an Odegaard name plate on Ronaldo's locker. Just to see what happens.

This may give you a clue (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30970753) ....