PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Chiles sacked

IrnBru22
23-01-2015, 02:12 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/adrian-chiles-leaves-itv-football-presenter-joins-exodus-with-immediate-effect-following-andy-townsend-and-matt-smith-announcement-9997920.html

About time!

HibbyAndy
23-01-2015, 02:14 PM
A complete and utter bellend of a human being.

Mr White
23-01-2015, 02:16 PM
He made £4.6m last year? That's frightening.

WillowbraeHibby
23-01-2015, 02:18 PM

So was he.... :greengrin

Mr White
23-01-2015, 02:19 PM
So was he.... :greengrin

:greengrin frighteningly annoying

worcesterhibby
23-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Once turned up to pick my daughter up from a kids party and Chiles was there picking the winner of the fancy dress party (friend of the hosts). He acted like a billy big shot bell end there too. He got all the kids to stand in a row and then announced that one girls outfit (expensive bought disney princess thing) was by far the best. He had built it up so much before he announced it that you could see that three of four of the other little girls were about to start crying because they hadn't won. He just ignored them and wandered off for another beer. I had to step in and make a wee speech about how good all the costumes were and managed to grab a bag of mini-malteser packets to give to "all the runners up".

Quite chuffed to see him getting his cards ! :greengrin

WillowbraeHibby
23-01-2015, 02:24 PM
:greengrin frighteningly annoying

lol...

Carheenlea
23-01-2015, 02:30 PM

SteveHFC
23-01-2015, 02:49 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/nU5RoOucaMrPq/giphy.gif

Haymaker
23-01-2015, 02:50 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/nU5RoOucaMrPq/giphy.gif

Perfect gif use there Steve.

Billychaotic182
23-01-2015, 02:52 PM
About time

The_Exile
23-01-2015, 02:57 PM
About time, the whole ITV coverage of the past few years has been amateurish at best, that pic on the story with Ian Wright with his hat on and Chiles in his pink t-shirt which is clearly a size too wee for him sums it up.

Hopefully they've looked at the Sky coverage with the likes of Neville and Chamberlin and have decided it's time to get folk in who posses actual and substantial football knowledge and experience who can break a game down for analysis competently. Hands up who watches an ITV game from pre kick-off analysis to post-match disection? Naebudy! But there'll be plenty who watch the full show of Monday Night Football on Sky as the presenters and experts make the pre and post match stuff such an enjoyable watch.

jacomo
23-01-2015, 03:14 PM

I imagine it lessens the anguish for Mr Chiles, though. A decent pot to piss in, by any standards.

snooky
23-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Along with Ant & Dec, I think Chiles has proved that you can 'make it to the top' without an ounce of talent.
Well done lads. There's hope for us all. :aok:

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2015, 04:07 PM
He doesn't do unbiased views, he was greetin his eyes out when his 2nd rate international team were on the first plane home at the last WC. Commentators like him are supposed to remain impartial in all international matches but along with him jug ears and Wright they just don't get it that not everyone watching is an england supporter.

Good riddance, well at least that one of them gone anyway.

ekhibee
23-01-2015, 04:17 PM
He doesn't do unbiased views, he was greetin his eyes out when his 2nd rate international team were on the first plane home at the last WC. Commentators like him are supposed to remain impartial in all international matches but along with him jug ears and Wright they just don't get it that not everyone watching is an england supporter.

Good riddance, well at least that one of them gone anyway.
Why, were Croatia on the first plane home? Because that's who he supports, he's half Croatian.

lord bunberry
23-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out. I used to quite like him when he was at the BBC.

jdships
23-01-2015, 04:34 PM
About time

:agree::thumbsup:
Can't think of one word in his defence, almost devoid of any talent !
Ant & Dec fall into the same category :rolleyes:

emerald green
23-01-2015, 05:05 PM
Chiles made £4.6m last year. Doing what exactly? Can that possibly be correct? Seems crazy, but hey ho.

green.and.white
23-01-2015, 05:14 PM
That's him and Townsend leaving now. It's about time, they're both roasters

Beefster
23-01-2015, 05:38 PM
I must be in a minority of folk who can't be arsed getting agitated about who is presenting the football. I've never particularly noticed Chiles being any better or worse than the rest of them.

lapsedhibee
23-01-2015, 05:54 PM
I must be in a minority of folk who can't be arsed getting agitated about who is presenting the football. I've never particularly noticed Chiles being any better or worse than the rest of them.

I don't mind him either. Townsend is far worse. And don't mind the bloke Smith who's also for the chop. They're all - even Wrighty Wright - streets ahead of what we get in Scotlish fitba anyway.

snooky
23-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I don't mind him either. Townsend is far worse. And don't mind the bloke Smith who's also for the chop. They're all - even Wrighty Wright - streets ahead of what we get in Scotlish fitba anyway.

I'll like to challenge that point, LH.
Name one English presenter who ever came out with meaningful words like 'Whoosh' and 'Stramash'. You can't because there's none.
And as for style, name one of them who has ever wore anything that was in the same class as Arthur Montford's jecket. Again, there's none.
:cool2:

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out. I used to quite like him when he was at the BBC.

Same, certainly wasn't up himself and wasn't clueless as to what he was talking about. Some people are just accentist.

Danderhall Hibs
23-01-2015, 07:01 PM
I'll like to challenge that point, LH.
Name one English presenter who ever came out with meaningful words like 'Whoosh' and 'Stramash'. You can't because there's none.
And as for style, name one of them who has ever wore anything that was in the same class as Arthur Montford's jecket. Again, there's none.
:cool2:

If anyone English made words up they'd be ridiculed for it. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2015, 07:02 PM
Cant say i was bothered either way with Chiles, i dont really listen that much in the run up to a game or after. Commentators do get on my tits though, and Townsend was a bellend and dont start me on Lawrenson.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2015, 07:06 PM

This.

He's not a great presenter by any means but I really can't see what he does that seems to inspire such hatred in some.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Why, were Croatia on the first plane home? Because that's who he supports, he's half Croatian.

lol..lets be honest here, do you really think he doesn't support england?...lol

lapsedhibee
23-01-2015, 07:46 PM
lol..lets be honest here, do you really think he doesn't support england?...lol

When England played against the Croats, did he not appear on the tellybox wearing a Croatian scarf?

Jonnyboy
23-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Good move. Now Radio 5 Live need to do the same :agree:

#FromTheCapital
23-01-2015, 10:18 PM
I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as people make out.

Agreed. Can never understand when people get so wound up about him.

Perhaps someone on here can explain exactly what it is that he's done wrong?

Mr White
23-01-2015, 11:13 PM

I think he's a terrible presenter and I'm jealous as **** that he earned over £4m last year :greengrin

He often tried to make himself central to the analysis at halftime rather than just coordinate the opinions of the pundits and he seemed to think of himself as a stand up comic. I loved it when martin O'Neil put him in his place during the WC when ac asked him if he wore glasses when he played football.

Hiber-nation
23-01-2015, 11:18 PM

Been absolutely cringeworthy as a presenter? Honestly, I watch fitba on Sky and I've no idea who the presenters are - you just don't notice them as they do their job so well. That's the way it should be, not some attention-seeking minor celeb hosting the fitba.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2015, 12:02 AM
:agree::thumbsup:
Can't think of one word in his defence, almost devoid of any talent !
Ant & Dec fall into the same category :rolleyes:

But there's only one of him (or was) ;)

jdships
24-01-2015, 09:28 AM
But there's only one of him (or was) ;)

:top marks
Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!

jdships
24-01-2015, 09:30 AM
I think he's a terrible presenter and I'm jealous as **** that he earned over £4m last year :greengrin

He often tried to make himself central to the analysis at halftime rather than just coordinate the opinions of the pundits and he seemed to think of himself as a stand up comic. I loved it when martin O'Neil put him in his place during the WC when ac asked him if he wore glasses when he played football.

:thumbsup::agree:
Just hope another Channel doesn't take him on :na na:

Tyler Durden
24-01-2015, 09:39 AM
The wording about the £4.6m seems a bit off, could he really have made that in a year if ITV only contributed £1m? Only! But does he have another media job?

Not heard of this Pougatch guy but can't be any worse.

Monday Night Football with Neville and Carragher is on a different level to any football analysis at the moment - if they are making other broadcasters more ambitious with their content it can only be good