PDA

View Full Version : Two former Hibees to take charge at Hamilton (Boozy and Canning)

woodythehibee
22-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Well done to Boozy. Highly rated coach, hope he does well. :agree:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hamilton/307520-hamilton-accies-set-to-name-canning-and-beuzelin-as-management-team/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Brightside
22-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Canning doesnt have his badges so they have to bring Bozzy in as SPL rules are someone in the dugout muse be qualified.

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Canning doesnt have his badges so they have to bring Bozzy in as SPL rules are someone in the dugout muse be qualified.

Just for interest sake what badges do you need to have?

Brightside
22-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Just for interest sake what badges do you need to have?

I'm pretty sure its a B license in SPL. I think its PRO in EPL.

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure its a B license in SPL. I think its PRO in EPL.

Ok Cheers.

MacBean
22-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Boozy has been to a few of the Hutchie boys games that I coach this season.

Interestingly Canning has a "hatred" for Hibs in FM2015 :dunno:

Diclonius
22-01-2015, 03:29 PM

All I can remember about his departure is we released him to make way for Bamba. Was a decent player from what I remember.

jacomo
22-01-2015, 03:35 PM

He had a brief and unremarkable spell with us and was released early from his contract. Maybe he got the huff about that?

Boozy definitely doesn't have a hatred for us and I hope to see him back at Hibs one day.

ekhibee
22-01-2015, 03:44 PM
He had a brief and unremarkable spell with us and was released early from his contract. Maybe he got the huff about that?

Boozy definitely doesn't have a hatred for us and I hope to see him back at Hibs one day.
Certainly not losing any sleep over Canning, he must have been one of the slowest players ever to play on a football pitch. And if his results as caretaker are anything to go by, Hamilton will be looking for another manager in the not to distant future.

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 03:48 PM

Doesnt mean he does though :greengrin

silverhibee
22-01-2015, 05:23 PM

I doubt he hates Hibs, but do think he felt a bit let down by the club when he left us, it seemed he wanted to stay at Hibs and move up the pecking order in the coaching where he was hopeful of doing 1st team coaching, Hibs/Stubbs obviously didn't see it and let him go to be with Murray at Dumbarton.

jacomo
22-01-2015, 05:42 PM
I doubt he hates Hibs, but do think he felt a bit let down by the club when he left us, it seemed he wanted to stay at Hibs and move up the pecking order in the coaching where he was hopeful of doing 1st team coaching, Hibs/Stubbs obviously didn't see it and let him go to be with Murray at Dumbarton.

Eh? I wasn't suggesting Boozy hates us - quite the opposite!

Yes, I am sure he was disappointed not to be part of the new set up, but I hope (and expect) that Boozy is rational about this.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Boozy learning his trade nicely for the day when he comes back to manage the Hibernian. :greengrin

ekhibee
22-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Interesting that after the seemingly 70 or so applicants that they decide to stay in house.

Smartie
22-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Canning was a bit unremarkable at Hibs but didn't ever do much wrong.

He's had a decent career at Hamilton since leaving us and seems to have gone on for ever.

They have a highly rated youth system yet he always seems to have kept his place. For clubs to have successful youth systems they need good, reliable senior pros around the place and I get the feeling he's one of them.

Good luck to them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Interesting that after the seemingly 70 or so applicants that they decide to stay in house.

Especially after in house has just been pumped 5-0

Boyle89
22-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Canning was pish for us. The state he came back for pre season the year we played Barcelona was a disgrace. Must've been a good 2 stone overweight.
Happy for boozy though.

ekhibee
22-01-2015, 11:46 PM
Especially after in house has just been pumped 5-0
Yep. I don't know if the '70 or so' applicants was just a PR thing, it wouldn't surprise me.

allezsauzee
22-01-2015, 11:51 PM
I find it strange that Accies want to go with Canning. they've lost all three games that he's taken charge of them , including a 5-0 pumping from Partick. :confused:

ekhibee
23-01-2015, 12:01 AM
I find it strange that Accies want to go with Canning. they've lost all three games that he's taken charge of them , including a 5-0 pumping from Partick. :confused:
Well if they'd taken on some of the other names quoted, they'd almost certainly want money to spend. Hamilton aren't going to get relegated this season so they'll probably give Canning till the end of the season then bin him if the results go the same way as the last 3. I do think he's changed somewhat, when he was at Hibs he looked slow, overweight and unfit, but he seems to hold a regular place in this team so he must be doing something right. At the moment the younger players will probably still be looking up to him as a kind of father figure but that'll change if they start getting gubbed regularly.

Onceinawhile
23-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Good luck boozy. Was a class act until the injury at killie. Was still good when he came back.

overdrive
23-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Hamilton aren't going to get relegated this season so they'll probably give Canning till the end of the season then bin him if the results go the same way as the last 3.

That's what we thought about us this time last year!

eastterrace
23-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Good luck boozy. Was a class act until the injury at killie. Was still good when he came back.

yes was at killie that day when he got injured think it was a block tackle that caused it. he was never the same player again but was still decent.

hope he ends up back at hibs one day.

Stax
23-01-2015, 08:39 PM
Good luck to boozy, my laddie's gutted as he was his coach with the sfa 2020 program. Brilliant with the boys and very popular. A good move for him IMO.