PDA

View Full Version : Jason Cummings Goal Stats

Unseen work
22-01-2015, 12:42 PM
Found this a very interesting stat in the edinburgh evening news

"At 19 years and six months old, he has already notched 14 goals in the Easter Road first team. To put that in perspective, Steven Fletcher had 17 by the same age, while Garry O’Connor had 16. Kenny Miller had one and Derek Riordan, Hibs’ tenth-highest post-war goal-scorer, had none."

In particular fletcher having the highest with 17 and the fact deek had 0!

Really hope we keep thing guy for a long time and watch him develop

Sir David Gray
22-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Another interesting stat that people may not be aware of is that Derek Riordan only made 10 appearances for Hibs as a teenager.

Steven Fletcher made 110.

Aldo
22-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Found this a very interesting stat in the edinburgh evening news "At 19 years and six months old, he has already notched 14 goals in the Easter Road first team. To put that in perspective, Steven Fletcher had 17 by the same age, while Garry O’Connor had 16. Kenny Miller had one and Derek Riordan, Hibs’ tenth-highest post-war goal-scorer, had none." In particular fletcher having the highest with 17 and the fact deek had 0! Really hope we keep thing guy for a long time and watch him develop

Makes for good reading.

I think we were all a bit worried where the goals would come from with Farid being out and Dom away at the ACN but Cummings has stepped up to the plate and delivered the goods.

I really do hope he stays for a good couple of years (get him on an extended contract) and he continues to develop/improve and score even more goals!

Mr White
22-01-2015, 12:54 PM
Another interesting stat that people may not be aware of is that Derek Riordan only made 10 appearances for Hibs as a teenager.

Steven Fletcher made 110.

Physical size helped Goc and fletch in their teens while Kenny miller and deek were a bit slower to adapt to 1st team football. By that measurement Cummings stats are particularly good as he's not that big.

S4uzee
22-01-2015, 01:00 PM
I wonder how many they would've scored if they played in the 1st division

Hibby Kay-Yay
22-01-2015, 01:03 PM

Probably more as that's the 3rd tier of Scottish Football :wink:

Billy Whizz
22-01-2015, 01:12 PM

Think Kenny Miller played in the old 1st division

Hibee87
22-01-2015, 01:15 PM
How many games has Cummings played against Fletch at 19?

CallumLaidlaw
22-01-2015, 01:15 PM

The top half of the championship is as good as the bottom half of the SPFL at least. And he's scored 6 against Hearts, Rangers and Falkirk.

wookie70
22-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Having a look at Fitba stats Kenny Miller was roughly JCs age at present when he scored his first goal for Hibs(19 years and 129 days) He then went on to score 14 in 53 appearances with 18 of those as sub.

Fletch took 72 appearances with 39 of those as sub to get to 15 goals in his first 3 seasons.

Over 3 seasons GO scored 19 in 53 appearances with 18 of those as sub. He was approaching 19 when he scored his first goal.

With 15 goals in 42 appearances with 12 of those being subs JC has a very big future in front of him. He has the ability he just needs the attitude of Kenny Miller and Fletch and he has the world at his feet.

erin go bragh
22-01-2015, 03:17 PM

A certain Stevie Crawford only managed 14 ( i think )
And he was in a team that included Le God and Latapy .
Cummings has 12 already .

Ggtth

overdrive
22-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Having a look at Fitba stats Kenny Miller was roughly JCs age at present when he scored his first goal for Hibs(19 years and 129 days) He then went on to score 14 in 53 appearances with 18 of those as sub.

Fletch took 72 appearances with 39 of those as sub to get to 15 goals in his first 3 seasons.

Over 3 seasons GO scored 19 in 53 appearances with 18 of those as sub. He was approaching 19 when he scored his first goal.

With 15 goals in 42 appearances with 12 of those being subs JC has a very big future in front of him. He has the ability he just needs the attitude of Kenny Miller and Fletch and he has the world at his feet.

A bit hard to compare though as Fletcher was usually played on the left wing / midfield to begin with. I don't think he was a regular up front until Garry O'Connor went to Moscow.

wookie70
22-01-2015, 06:29 PM
A bit hard to compare though as Fletcher was usually played on the left wing / midfield to begin with. I don't think he was a regular up front until Garry O'Connor went to Moscow.

Impossible to compare strikers from different eras as oppositions and service can be so different. One thing for sure JC knows where the onion bag is and has that greedy streak all top predators need. He has much to learn but looks the best prospect we have had for a long time.

AlbertK86
22-01-2015, 08:22 PM
No coincidence that we have creative midfielders laying on good chances this season

Scott Allan is helping Jason fulfil his potential for sure

Aldo
23-01-2015, 06:27 AM
No coincidence that we have creative midfielders laying on good chances this season Scott Allan is helping Jason fulfil his potential for sure Indeed. However Jason has to get into these positions to score, just like his goal at the PBS.

I will be disappointed if Jason doesn't score 20 goals this season. (because he deserves it)

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2015, 07:01 AM
For the few on here trying to knock Jason because we r in the Champinship...is there really a difference between say a QOS or Falkirk compared to Partick Th or St Mirren. As others have mentined,Jason has also scored against Dundee Utd, THE Rangers, Yams and Hamilton.

dalkeith stu
23-01-2015, 08:37 AM
A certain Stevie Crawford only managed 14 ( i think )
And he was in a team that included Le God and Latapy .
Cummings has 12 already .

Ggtth

Did he not take the penalties too?

SeanWilson
23-01-2015, 08:47 AM
Found this a very interesting stat in the edinburgh evening news

"At 19 years and six months old, he has already notched 14 goals in the Easter Road first team. To put that in perspective, Steven Fletcher had 17 by the same age, while Garry O’Connor had 16. Kenny Miller had one and Derek Riordan, Hibs’ tenth-highest post-war goal-scorer, had none."

In particular fletcher having the highest with 17 and the fact deek had 0!

Really hope we keep thing guy for a long time and watch him develop

Not one to knock, and fair play to the wee man, however every one of these players quoted played in a league, which was a lot tougher than Jason has had to deal with - including the weegie ugly sisters while they were still pumping millions out on players.

There is no doubt Jason is a goal scorer, however I am yet to be convinced he is in the league of Fletch, Deek or GOC - here's hoping!

Mr White
23-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Not one to knock, and fair play to the wee man, however every one of these players quoted played in a league, which was a lot tougher than Jason has had to deal with - including the weegie ugly sisters while they were still pumping millions out on players.

There is no doubt Jason is a goal scorer, however I am yet to be convinced he is in the league of Fletch, Deek or GOC - here's hoping!
You could counter that by saying those guys also had better players around them supplying chances. Oconnor had brewster and then Mixu to mentor him for example. Cummings record is still exceptional for his age regardless of the division we're in imo.

SeanWilson
23-01-2015, 09:07 AM
You could counter that by saying those guys also had better players around them supplying chances. Oconnor had brewster and then Mixu to mentor him for example. Cummings record is still exceptional for his age regardless of the division we're in imo.

Yup, you certainly could.

It's incomparable in my opinion, however as I say, here's hoping!

Mr White
23-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Yup, you certainly could.

It's incomparable in my opinion, however as I say, here's hoping!

:agree:

CallumLaidlaw
23-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Its obvious Jason is far from the finished article. BUT, the improvement in his game since he broke into the team is simply superb. The fact that he is still 19, has a lot of confidence, and is willing to learn from the likes of Heff (he may be finished now, but in his day he was a decent penalty box striker) fills me with confidence that he will continue to get better and better. With other strikers returning soon, at least he wont have the pressure of being the main goal hope, but at the same time I hope it doesnt stifle his development.

Smartie
23-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Very interesting stats.

I think it was the QoS game at home when I came on here and had a rant about the strikers not following up some of the long-range shots that the keeper had spilled.

Since then Cummings has scored several tap-ins which is to his massive credit. He seems to be adding these goals now and that is a big difference in only a couple of months. I only used to think he'd score wonder goals but he has proven lately that he can do more. So I actually think he's improving week on week and month on month.

In some ways he does remind me of Fletcher, in that he is raw and far from perfect but still bloody good. The fact that you could see him getting better still - if he works on his game (and we've got no reason to doubt that he will) - is very exciting indeed.

One thing that may stand in his way (as it did with Fletcher early in his Hibs career) is that we now have serious competition for places and he will have to fight hard of his place in the team. Although this may also turn out to be a positive.

overdrive
23-01-2015, 11:29 AM

The likes of O'Connor, Riordan and Fletcher also played alongside physical strikers like Brewster, Mixu, Killen (and even O'Connor for Fletcher and Riordan) in their early days which possibly helped them ease in to the team as these other guys would take on a lot of the 'battle' with defenders. I don't think you could describe Malonga as 'physical' despite his height. I'm looking forward to the impact Farid may have on Cummings when he is back in this respect.

Saying that, I don't think Cummings is anywhere as near as physically weak as many of the young players we have come through.