PDA

View Full Version : Dougie cromb rip

Bill Milne
22-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Just found out that Dougie has died. Very sad news.

Aldo
22-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Sad news indeed.

RIP Mr Cromb.

wookie70
22-01-2015, 09:47 AM
RIP Dougie

scuttle
22-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Very sad news RIP

scott7_0(Prague)
22-01-2015, 09:53 AM
Very sad to hear this news, i had the pleasure of being in his company a good few times, such a hard working man and with a love and passion for Hibs.

Baader
22-01-2015, 09:57 AM
A good Hibby. RIP.

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 09:57 AM
R.i.p

#FromTheCapital
22-01-2015, 10:00 AM
RIP Dougie.

H18S NX
22-01-2015, 10:01 AM
Very sad news,RIP Dougie,condolences to his family and friends.

Frazerbob
22-01-2015, 10:03 AM
One of our own who had the privilege to become Chairman and a figure head of Hands Off Hibs, beat Mercer in one of the clubs' greatest victories. Worthy of the title "Hibs Legend" IMO.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 10:04 AM
R.I.P Dougie

hibbybob
22-01-2015, 10:05 AM
Very sad news,RIP Dougie,condolences to his family and friends.

I saw him a few weeks ago and he looked fine!

RIP Dougie, a true Hibby and a real gent!

KdyHby
22-01-2015, 10:08 AM
A good man, and a good Hibby. So sad that we've lost another one that's not seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup.

davcar
22-01-2015, 10:10 AM
R.i.p

Fife-Hibee
22-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Sad to hear! RIP Dougie

Oscar T Grouch
22-01-2015, 10:16 AM
RIP, sad news

NAE NOOKIE
R.I.P. Mr Cromb.

ben johnson
Very sad news indeed. He also did a power of work for Club 86 giving use of premises and staff to help run the Club.

Smartie
22-01-2015, 10:18 AM
RIP Dougie.

I always considered him to be a fairly under-appreciated character. Led us in a difficult period just after some very difficult times indeed and steered us towards calmer waters. With the benefit of hindsight we can say that he was going a bit off-course on some matters (Straiton, some might say Alex Miller) but his period in charge was one that we can look back on and acknowledge that it turned out quite well for us.

His backing of his manager throughout that period was admirable, even in the face of protest. Many chairman would learn a thing or 2 from that , the way they tend to unload all blame onto managers these days.

A good Hibs man and a sad loss.

Bostonhibby
22-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Sad loss of a real good hibby.

stoneyburn hibs
22-01-2015, 10:31 AM
RIP , spoke to him once when he was the chairman and he was a very endearing gentleman.

DarlingtonHibee
22-01-2015, 10:39 AM
A true Hibby gone, as previous posters have said was Chairman at a difficult time for the club, with Straition and the arrival of Rod Petrie etc.

Had the pleasure of dinner with Dougie and his wife at his home, in the company of Mr and Mrs Mcleish a good few years ago, and various lunches at Easter Road with him.

RIP.

J-C
22-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Sad news, one of those breeds of men who were fans and owners of their clubs, hard to say that nowadays.

corbyalex
22-01-2015, 10:50 AM

A good man RIP forever Hibs

Peevemor
22-01-2015, 10:58 AM
I remember being in a very long queu in freezinf weather to get cup semi (or final) tickets. Dougie Cromb and Kenny McLean senior spent a fair bit of time outside, in the freezing cold, chatting to the fans, explaining that if you had a voucher or a ST you could apply by post (which nobody seemed to trust), etc.

I met him on another couple of occassions and he was a real gent.

RIP Dougie

cabbageandribs1875
22-01-2015, 10:59 AM
sad news indeed, RIP dougie cromb

Tom Hart RIP
22-01-2015, 11:06 AM
RIP Dougie.

I always considered him to be a fairly under-appreciated character. Led us in a difficult period just after some very difficult times indeed and steered us towards calmer waters. With the benefit of hindsight we can say that he was going a bit off-course on some matters (Straiton, some might say Alex Miller) but his period in charge was one that we can look back on and acknowledge that it turned out quite well for us.

His backing of his manager throughout that period was admirable, even in the face of protest. Many chairman would learn a thing or 2 from that , the way they tend to unload all blame onto managers these days.

Agree entirely. Sad news

PatHead
22-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Spoke to him a few times and as everyone has said a real gent and Hibby.

RIP

sauzee1966
22-01-2015, 11:13 AM

Total gent of a man. very humble and also a Hibee through and through . Met him many many times and also his wife who passed away a few years ago .

Very great friends with Pepe Hernanz from the Queensway Hotel and he was tehre every Saturday Night.

Always treated people with respect and talked about the games etc.

Very sad to hear of his loss and this man was a Real legend....he did fight tooth and nail for the Cabbage

MoscowHibs
22-01-2015, 11:16 AM
An absolute Gent. I was very fortunate to be in his company the week after the Skol cup win V Dunfermline, in the Hibs club after the yaks game. Still hae the pictures of Dougie, Kenny McLean and myself tanning champers out of the league cup. RIP Dougie, you will be sadly missed.

Kato
22-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Sad to hear. A true gentleman, a very dry sense of humour and a very good Hibby. RIP

fatbloke
22-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Very sad to hear. Had the pleasure of being involved with Mr Cromb and Mr Kenny McLean Snr during the dark days. Alongside people like Ian Brennan, Brian Penman, Peter Janetta and Alan Thom I had the pleasure of being involved with Club 86 and Douglas and Kenny could not do enough for the club and supporters back then. My own supporters club were delighted to welcome Messrs Cromb, McLean and Alex Miller to our supporters dance in the Brunton Hall Musselburgh in April 1992.

Mr Cromb always made time to talk Hibs and it was always uplifting listening to him speak about our beloved club.

RIP Douglas Cromb another sad loss to the Hibernian family.

kaimendhibs
22-01-2015, 11:31 AM
RIP Douglas. Very sad news. He did me a massive good turn many years ago which I never forgot.

WillowbraeHibby
22-01-2015, 11:34 AM
A Gent of a man, and a real Hibernian supporter. RIP Douglas Cromb. Thank you for being one of us!!

O'Rourke3
22-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Condolences to the family. Great Hibs man.

Sent from my brain

LancsHibs
22-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I too would like to add my condolancies, a sad loss.

Mathias Jack
22-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Douglas Cromb - a true Hibs legend. Condolences go out to all family and friends at this very sad time.

Rest in peace Douglas.

Mr White
22-01-2015, 11:52 AM
RIP douglas cromb. A true gentleman. Sorted tickets for myself and my dad for 1993 league cup final when he really didn't have to and I'm sure it would have easier not to.

KingFranck
22-01-2015, 11:58 AM
A true Hibby sad to hear this news RIP Dougie

lord bunberry
22-01-2015, 12:01 PM
RIP Dougie the only time I've felt "one of us" was running the club was when he was chairman

Pretty Boy
22-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Very sad news.

A good Hibby who took on a difficult job at a tough time.

RIP.

Jamesie
22-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Dougie Cromb had time for all Hibs fans, even the younger generation - I say this as I remember having a good few in depth discussions with him over a couple of months in the newly opened Hibs store in the newly opened North Stand sometime in early 1995 or thereabouts when I would have been 14. RIP Dougie.

sadtom
22-01-2015, 12:21 PM
R.I.P. Dougie.
Steered the good ship Hibernian through some extremely stormy waters and was at the helm when we achieved our greatest, and most important victory.
GGTTH

Hank Schrader
22-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Very sad to hear this news. Douglie was kind enough to allow me to talk to him in his office as part of a school project about the proposed move to Straiton (meeting organised by Ian Brennan, another good guy). He let me walk around the inside of the ground and take photos of the stadium too. An absolute gentleman. RIP Dougie.

Fergos
22-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Very sad news.

One of us, a true Hibernian man and gent.

GGTTH

RIP

ALF TUPPER
22-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Sad to hear this. Rest in Peace Douglas, lovely guy.

Stevie Reid
22-01-2015, 12:49 PM
RIP Dougie.

Great post. The first 5 years of his chairmanship we won a trophy, got to another final (as well as many other semi-finals) with decent league finishes in all bar one year (in a far more competitive SPL than we've had recently).

Always came across as a good Hibbie, but first and foremost as a very good and decent man.

RIP Dougie.

Lucius Apuleius
22-01-2015, 01:02 PM
All been said. RIP Dougie. One of our own.

Stevie Reid
22-01-2015, 01:20 PM
I remember being in a very long queu in freezinf weather to get cup semi (or final) tickets. Dougie Cromb and Kenny McLean senior spent a fair bit of time outside, in the freezing cold, chatting to the fans, explaining that if you had a voucher or a ST you could apply by post (which nobody seemed to trust), etc.

I met him on another couple of occassions and he was a real gent.

RIP Dougie

When he was in charge, when we were drawn to play Dundee Utd at Tynie in the semi final of the 1993 League Cup. We played a home game at ER just before tickets went on sale (think it may have been United we played, actually) and we were surprised to be handed a priority voucher for obtaining tickets for the semi - the club made no fan fare about it at all, just those who chose to come to ER that day secured themselves a ticket. Was a great touch and went some way to reward regular attenders at ER.

When Hearts played a league cup semi at ER against Dundee I'm pretty sure that they advertised the fact that vouchers would be provided at one of their league games, thus bumping up the crowd for that match. Good for money obviously, but not exactly in the spirit of ensuring die hards get a ticket.

erin go bragh
22-01-2015, 01:42 PM
One of our own . Condolences to family .
R-i-p Dougie

IFONLY
22-01-2015, 02:06 PM
When Gray and Duff where in charge they had organised a pre season tour of Ireland, Mr Cromb took over and he found out that only one game had been confirmed on the tour so he cancelled it. Myself my mate and my son had already booked to go to Ireland and couldn't get a refund so we went anyway. I wrote to Mr. Cromb about this. A week later he phoned me to apologise about the mix up and expense, I said it was fine and that it was not his fault. He then went on to ask me were we sat at E.R. I told him the East Terracing. He duly sent out season tickets for all of us. An act of a true gentleman an understanding one . Rest in Peace sir......they broke the mould when they made you.

Flanny boy
22-01-2015, 02:10 PM
R.i.p Dougie cromb.sad loss for sure

BH Hibs
22-01-2015, 02:23 PM
RIP Dougie Cromb

davy malcolm
22-01-2015, 02:42 PM
rip Douglas

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Years ago, when I had an issue with something in the accounts, but couldn't attend the AGM, I wrote to the club. (pen and paper; look it up, kids).

Rather than take the attitude of "if he can't be arsed attending the AGM, I can't be arsed with him", he called me personally. Questions duly answered, polite slagging of Mercer indulged in, and left me with a feeling of "yeah.... the club's in good hands."

Old school stuff, ken?

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 03:26 PM
RIP Dougie. Good to read the numerous stories of his kindness and consideration done in a quiet and non attention seeking way. Obviously a class act.

wfortune
22-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Sad news. RIP

heidtheba
22-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Only ever heard good things about him on here. He was the chairman during my proper Hibs years. Wasn't his wee granddaughter on a cover of a matchday programme around 94/95? Seemed to be a very family club orientated guy and I'm sure I remember my mate pointing that photo out as something that was 'typically good of our chairman'.
Thoughts with his family.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Jeezo, very sad news indeed.

A great Hibs man, RIP.

soupy
22-01-2015, 05:51 PM
RIP Mr Cromb...

Deansy
22-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Only ever heard good things about him on here. He was the chairman during my proper Hibs years. Wasn't his wee granddaughter on a cover of a matchday programme around 94/95? Seemed to be a very family club orientated guy and I'm sure I remember my mate pointing that photo out as something that was 'typically good of our chairman'.
Thoughts with his family.

R.I.P. Dougie Cromb - true gent, true Hibee !!

As for his granddaughter - can't remember where her picture appeared but I'm 99.9% certain you're correct and she was featured in one of our programmes.

emerald green
22-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Condolences to Mr Cromb's family and friends. A Hibs man, through and through. RIP.

trev the hat
22-01-2015, 06:30 PM
RIP Dougie, a breed of chairman who was very much in touch with the supporters, he showed me round the old main North stand one pre season when picking my season book seat. A gentleman !!
Condolences to family and friends.

Jonnyboy
22-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Douglas will be sadly missed. When I was editor of Mass Hibsteria we campaigned for the removal of Alex Miller. Douglas contacted myself and Sean Allan and asked us in to ER to attend a closed doors game with Dundee. We sat in the Directors box with Douglas and he answered all of our questions with honesty and passion about Hibs and about AM. Bizarrely, his biggest grump was that we nicknamed Alex Miller Lexo!!

I got to know him quite well back then and am deeply saddened that he has passed.

Incidently, our first home game will be against Raith Rovers and when Douglas left Hibs, RR were in a poor state and he went there as Chairman for a while to help steer them through their troubles. It seems highly appropriate that they will be out opponents when the fans get the chance to mark his passing

DoonTheSlope
22-01-2015, 06:52 PM
Dreadful news lovely man and dedicated Hibby.

Capt Mainwaring
22-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Sad news of a gentleman and passionate Hibby. Rest in peace Mr Cromb

Greentinted
22-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Douglas Crombe was one of two real gentleman I was delighted to work with (the other being the inimitable Alec Russell) who epitomised what Hibernian Football Club means to the many.
A sad loss but always remembered as a true Hibernian. RIP.

Billy Whizz
22-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Met Douglas last year at a funeral of a young Hibs fan. He was there representing Hibs. Only met him a few times, but he was a real gentleman

Zazu62
22-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Rip mr cromb , sure he stayed at the house on Lanark road just before Gillespie crossroads could be wrong though

TomTheHibbyBev
22-01-2015, 07:35 PM
RIP Douglas Cromb. Thank you for being one of us!!

Roxyhibee
22-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Very sad news that Dougie Cromb has passed away. It should never be forgotten or underestimated what he achieved to galvanise and rescue our great club in it's darkest hour.

Thanks for everything you did for Hibernian Dougie. You will not be forgotten.

whiskyhibby
22-01-2015, 07:44 PM
Sad news, seemed like a safe pair of hands during his time in the role RIP

Hiber-nation
22-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Very sad news.
RIP - a great Hibs man.

Eyrie
22-01-2015, 08:02 PM
As others have said, a true Hibs man who cared about the fans. RIP.

Aaron
22-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Just found out about this :-( Such a nice guy. Done me a favour which I will never forget. RIP mate :flag:

StevieT
22-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Douglas Cromb gave our family permission to scatter my dad's ashes in the goalmouth at Easter Road - a decision I will be eternally grateful for. Not only this but both he and Alex Miller attended the service on the pitch and provided tea and sandwiches in the Boardroom after. A true gent and one of our own. As Johnnyboy says, very fitting that Raith Rovers should be next up and this is one guy who deserves our appreciation. RIP Dougie

rcarter1
22-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Very sad, and condolences to his family. Was Mr Hibs shortly after I started following. R.I.P.

Niffy
22-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Great guy , did a lot for me.
Heart of gold.

Galahibby
22-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Very sad news. A proper Hibs man.

Mr White
22-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Good article about and interview with Mr cromb from may last year

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/former-hibs-chairman-says-clubs-needs-new-blood-1-3421675

basehibby
22-01-2015, 11:47 PM
RIP Dougie. A true Hibs stalwart who saw us through some really tough times - forever Hibs!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

monktonharp
23-01-2015, 12:08 AM
R.I.P Dougie Cromb, a gentleman. he invited me and my mate for a chat to discuss a grievance we had at the time and discussed it at lenth in a true gentleman's manner.

Hibbyradge
23-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Rip.

lyonhibs
23-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Sad, sad news. The first chairman I really remember, to the extent that one gives two hoots about chairmen at 7 years of age!

I assume this is one occasion where we can all agree a minutes' silence is entirely appropriate for the passing of a dedicated Hibs man?

Crazyhorse
23-01-2015, 10:25 AM
Douglas will be sadly missed. When I was editor of Mass Hibsteria we campaigned for the removal of Alex Miller. Douglas contacted myself and Sean Allan and asked us in to ER to attend a closed doors game with Dundee. We sat in the Directors box with Douglas and he answered all of our questions with honesty and passion about Hibs and about AM. Bizarrely, his biggest grump was that we nicknamed Alex Miller Lexo!!

I got to know him quite well back then and am deeply saddened that he has passed.

Incidently, our first home game will be against Raith Rovers and when Douglas left Hibs, RR were in a poor state and he went there as Chairman for a while to help steer them through their troubles. It seems highly appropriate that they will be out opponents when the fans get the chance to mark his passing

Good memories there JB. I too had the privilege of meeting Douglas when he was Chairman on a number of occasions. I remember him taking me and a couple of other guys up to the boardroom in the old main stand for a coffee and a chat about some issues we had. He then got the plans for the two news stands out and showed us them. He was a busy man but always made the time to treat supporters with respect. On another occasion I had to travel quite a long way to a meeting with him. He asked me how much it had cost in petrol money and then wrote me out a Hibs cheque for the amount. Needless to say I never cashed it and still have it in my desk.

Phil MaGlass
23-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Sad news, heres another bit from the papers

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/alex-miller-leads-tributes-to-douglas-cromb-1-3669644

s.a.m
26-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Here's his obituary from The Scotsman:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-douglas-cromb-chairman-of-hibernian-fc-1-3669969

Obituary: Douglas Cromb, chairman of Hibernian FC

http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3669968.1422059369!/image/4232382128.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/4232382128.jpg Douglas Cromb at Easter Road Stadium. Picture: Contributed

Published on the 24 January
BUSINESSMAN and chairman of Hibernian FC who played key role in ‘Hands Off Hibs’ campaign
Douglas Watkins Mcleod Cromb, chairman of Hibernian FC and businessman.
Born: 20 March, 1931 in Edinburgh.
Died: 22 January, 2015, in Edinburgh, aged 83.

Douglas Cromb never liked the word “fan”, and preferred to think of himself as a supporter of the club he loved with a passion all his days. He was that rare breed, a supporter who ended up as chairman of his club, and by most people’s judgment, Cromb was a fine chairman as well as a likeable and affable man.
Growing up in 1930s Edinburgh, he was actually ideal material to become a fan of Hearts – his father Louis’ inclinations were to Tynecastle, and the young Cromb was educated at Balgreen Primary School and Boroughmuir High School, both somewhat nearer to Gorgie than Leith.
Yet it was to Easter Road that he gravitated, recalling that he attended his first Hibs match when he was 12 while Louis – an officer in the regular army – was on wartime service in the Far East.
He was soon “hooked” on Hibs, and despite his father taking him to Tynecastle for a couple of matches on his return from the services – “the concept struck me as odd,” he recalled in an interview with The Scotsman last year – it was to Easter Road that Cromb cast his loyalties.
After a period in the post-war army, where he served with the Gordon Highlanders, Cromb went into business, though he was never actually a shopkeeper, as was often rumoured among the Hibs fans.
In fact, he built up a successful import and export business, which also diversified into giftware manufacture. Innes & Cromb, headquartered in Gorgie Road, at one time imported material from the Far East and then promptly sold it on to the Edinburgh tourist trade for sale to tourists – many of them from the Far East.
In 1954 he married his German wife Lotti, and theirs was a long and happy marriage.
His daughter Nicole followed her father into the family business and eventually took over from him.
Cromb came to public prominence when he became a director of Hibs in 1988. Long before that, he had formed a friendship and business association with Kenny McLean, senior, and the duo were to play a major role in the Hands Off Hibs campaign in 1990. The late Wallace Mercer, owner of Hearts, had launched a bid to amalgamate the two clubs, though Mercer candidly admitted many years later that he had planned a takeover, not a merger.
With McLean and others such as Hearts fan Councillor Steve Cardownie fronting events, it was Cromb who impressed with his quiet determination behind the scenes that Hibs would not be subsumed.
When Sir Tom Farmer stepped in to rescue Hibs, the Kwik-Fit tycoon’s grandfather having been involved with re-starting Hibs back in the 1890s, he told the directors to elect a new chairman. Farmer, by his own admission, knew little about football, but he knew that Cromb and others did.
According to Cromb himself, the directors had an impromptu meeting outside Farmer’s offices and Cromb found himself elected.
He enjoyed the honour, and soon brought a rare approachability to the task of rebuilding Hibs, which involved him in forming a strong bond with manager Alex Miller. The two men became firm friends and enjoyed a rare trophy success for Hibs when the club won the Scottish League Cup Final of 1991.
Hibs had made it to the final of the competition, then known as the Skol Cup, by beating favourites Rangers in the semi-final. On the day of the final at Hampden Park, Cromb led the large contingent of Hibs supporters as Miller’s men triumphed 2-0 over Dunfermline Athletic before a crowd of 40,000.
It was to be the highlight of his career in football administration, though his talents were recognised by other officials who elected him onto the Scottish FA Council.
Cromb was definitely a “hands on” chairman, once running to provide rainwear to fans who were being soaked at a match, a gesture which earned him the nickname the “Poncho Honcho”.
He also insisted on shaking the hands of all the players in the dressing room before each match.
He also took considerable time to listen to his fellow supporters as Hibs enjoyed an up-and-down time during his chairmanship.
There was no doubt about the most troublesome period, namely season 1996-97 when Hibs were almost relegated, surviving only after Airdrie were beaten in a play-off.
Cromb resigned as chairman after that escape, but continued as a director until the following season when the club’s fortunes plummeted with Jim Duffy as manager, and even after Alex McLeish took over as manager, Hibs were relegated.
In total, Cromb spent almost ten years on the board of Hibs before his resignation. His worst moment had been when his friend Miller resigned as manager in 1996 – he burst into tears when the manager told him.
To the surprise of many of his friends, Cromb was soon back in football as chairman of Raith Rovers FC, and at one time it appeared likely that he would buy the Kirkcaldy club, though that ambition came to nothing.
In later life, Cromb lived quietly in Colinton, his wife passing away five years ago. After a short illness, he died in the Royal Infirmary just after midnight on Thursday morning.
Alex Miller paid tribute to Cromb, saying: “He was very personable and would go the extra mile for people. I recall him scrambling about trying to get tickets for fans who had written to him and said they couldn’t get a ticket. He would always do his utmost to help. “He was very well liked by a lot of people, including the staff and the players, because he was very approachable.
“He was very Hibs-orientated, that was his love. He and Kenny McLean used to go to all the games together for years as supporters and then they both came on the board together. He had supported the club since he was a young boy, so it was a dream for him to become chairman.”
Douglas Cromb is survived by Nicole, his granddaughter Kristina, and by his only sibling, his sister Norma.
His funeral will take place at Mortonhall Crematorium on Friday, 30 January at 3pm. Hibs supporters will be asked to pay an appropriate tribute at the home game against Raith Rovers the following day.
MARTIN HANNAN

JimBHibees
26-01-2015, 01:01 PM
Nice tribute that is, good bit from Alex Miller also.

s.a.m
26-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Incidentally, Hibs are tweeting that the funeral is at 4pm, not 11am as it says in the obituary.

Jay
26-01-2015, 02:37 PM
Incidentally, Hibs are tweeting that the funeral is at 4pm, not 11am as it says in the obituary.

Can anybody confirm the time, my brother worked for Innes and Crombe for many years and would like to attend to show his respect. He speaks very highly of Dougie and Nicky.

JimBHibees
26-01-2015, 03:00 PM

Says here 3pm not 4pm.

https://twitter.com/hibsofficial

Please be aware that our former Chairman Douglas Cromb's funeral is on Friday at Mortonhall Crematorium at 3pm (and not 11am)

s.a.m
26-01-2015, 04:28 PM
Says here 3pm not 4pm.

https://twitter.com/hibsofficial

Please be aware that our former Chairman Douglas Cromb's funeral is on Friday at Mortonhall Crematorium at 3pm (and not 11am)

:greengrin Thanks. That was a singularly unhelpful intervention on my part, then....