PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STATEMENT FROM LEEANN

RSS Bot
21-01-2015, 04:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5129)

When Hibernian approached me to take on the job as Chief Executive in the spring of last year, a whole number of things really excited me about the prospect. Truth be told, I did not take the prospect of leaving Motherwell lightly. I’d been there for over six years and had – and still have – real affection for them. I’d had chances to do other things and had always resisted but when Hibernian came calling, it was hard not to listen.

Hibernian is a big, Capital city Club with a large and passionate supporter base. I knew that the supporters would come out to support their team, but what they needed and wanted was to see some sporting change. I was (and still am) confident that I could deliver on that front.

The infrastructure of the Club was in place. What do I mean by that? Pretty straightforward - I knew I would not be worrying about the need to create additional cash to build or rebuild a stadium. The same can be said of the training ground. These are major pieces of capital investment for any Club and they had already been achieved at Hibernian. This would leave me essentially free to concentrate on the major task of sporting change, and driving income to fund our aspirations for the Club.

The Club was already in the process of talking to the Bank to reduce its debt. I knew if we were successful in achieving this, and freeing ourselves from the burden of Bank debt, then it would put us in a strong position for the future. Other clubs had previously done this notably by accessing, as we eventually did, external funding, or unfortunately by entering a crisis period which eventually ends in administration.

The board of Hibernian had already started on a programme of change. Change in the way the whole Club was to be run, change that included the possibility of widening ownership and a fundamental change in the approach to football and football planning. All of this really appealed to me. All major positives which I knew would help me to deliver the larger Club plan

That was then. Moving on a few months, I’m now in post and happily at the forefront of the Club and driving through the changes we spoke about in the Spring.

I’ve not been disappointed. The supporters have been fantastic and the infrastructure the Club has in place is even better than I had realised.

We’ve started to deliver on the football plan. The changes made are now starting to bear fruit with a much more exciting product on the pitch. And we are determined we will get better. I noted above that I don’t need to build bricks and mortar. I’m not being flippant here or trying to demoralise others that have that task in front of them. It’s just a fact. We don’t have to spend on that. Instead we are building our future with supporters, with the people working at the Club, the first team and academy players and everyone else needed to make the Club work.

We’ve also managed, through the support and importantly the funding of the holding company, to get a deal with the Bank that has seen us massively reduce our overall debt, and be bank debt free – and that’s nothing but good news. Simply put, we could not have achieved this on our own, we did not have the money to do it. I’ve been asked repeatedly to release the detail of the deal. The deal is commercially confidential, which is completely normal in transactions such as these. Suffice to say, if it was not in the best interest of the Club i.e. significantly reducing what we owe, removing the bank entirely, removing scheduled large single repayments and releasing bank security on the stadium, we wouldn’t have done it. We are fiscally bound to work in the best interests of the football Club.

So good news – the removal of bank debt was absolutely pivotal in taking the next steps.

We’ve engaged in a massive consultation exercise with supporters, listened to what was being said, and used that to help shape our plan for the future. That plan is quite simple - to give supporters the opportunity to own up to 51%, a controlling interest. We also heard the desire for greater supporter representation, and we will announce the new Non-executive Directors elected by fans in the very near future. Good news again.

Changes to legislation meant the practicalities of achieving wider supporter ownership were not as straightforward as they used to be, but we believe we’ve come up with a variety of ways for supporters to get involved – once again, good news.

Shareholders can buy new shares in a straightforward way; supporters on our database who are not shareholders have been sent information on the process they can go through to buy their shares directly; and for those who are not concerned about buying directly, and so owning a share certificate, they can donate to broadening supporter ownership through a vehicle established to buy and hold shares on behalf of supporters, Hibernian Supporters Ltd.

We have initiated a set of circumstances whereby our Club can grow, and grow at pace. It is now down to the support at large to determine how quickly this happens.

We are fully committed to supporter ownership and involvement and if that means we eventually achieve the 51% we all want to, then terrific. If not it will still mean that supporters have an increased involvement and greater ownership, and have had the opportunity to get involved and the ability to take control – we can’t do any more than open the door and to make the whole proposition as affordable as possible.

I understand that supporters felt deeply hurt, angry and upset that the Club was relegated. I get that, I honestly do. I understand that relegation, following on from a few years of poor on pitch performance, has damaged the relationship between Club and supporters. But at some stage we need to stop looking back, we have already started the hard work to get better and we will keep on this path.

Much of what we do comes down to the result on a Saturday and the performance on the pitch. It is all about football at the end of the day and my job here is not only to deliver a sound football and Club plan, but to feed football and that means all the associated costs.

We’ve had questions about the money that widening ownership will raise. . Assertions are being made that there is some uncertainty about will happen to the money the process generates.

So, for the record: The Club has said from the outset that funds raised through supporters buying shares in the Club will not be paid to any existing shareholders, including the Holding Company. Instead, the monies will benefit the Club –actually strengthening the Club as supporters are seeking to buy a controlling interest.

We are a Club that pays our bills, we meet our obligations from our revenues. A huge part of that is feeding the football operation and the people that make it work – players and all. We had a mortgage to the Bank for the last 16 years and up until very recently we’ve been repaying that mortgage, but as you know, the bank is now out of the picture and we have a new mortgage with the Holding Company that is better and more affordable, and that allows us to plan cash flow with more certainty. That means with your support, importantly I’ll say that again, with the support of the fan base at large, we can deliver our football plan and grow the Club.

Paying our debts is the right thing to do – restructuring and refinancing was the smart thing to do.

To summarise, thanks to the support of the holding company we now have a total debt of £5m as opposed to £9.3m and are free of bank debt. We don’t have large payments just a few years away on the horizon and we feel confident about the future ahead.

The net result of buying out bank debt is that we have significantly less debt and the bank has released its securities on Easter Road and the training centre, and we are now able to widen ownership of the Club and all of its assets – as I said earlier, all good, positive news.

It is really important to remember that the cash raised by the sale of shares to supporters will be new money, money we never had and could not therefore use – and it goes straight into the Club. That is why we have said that this money will help fund the Club’s sporting ambition – helping bring improvements to our football performance from first team level down in the short, medium and long-term.

We are in this together now, we really are and if you come out and support us to the level that we know you can, whether that support is purely coming to games, or buying season tickets, getting involved in our community work or indeed buying shares directly or by donating to HSL then you will be contributing to the success we all crave.

Finally to reiterate a point I’ve made repeatedly above and previously in press, the Club has no plans for significant expenditure on infrastructure - our focus is on improving performances on the pitch. You’ll be helping us to fund football.

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2015, 04:47 PM
A good few questions answered there. :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
21-01-2015, 04:52 PM

Exactly!

HOH & BuyHibs should take note and shut the **** up!!!!

ancient hibee
21-01-2015, 04:53 PM
A good effort from LD-no doubt the conspiracy theorists will be firing up their motors.

jacomo
21-01-2015, 04:56 PM

Agree, very comprehensive and confident statement. In Leann we trust!

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 05:00 PM
What a statement. HOH well and truly clamped.

Only issue is I still haven't received my info on buying shares. I'll blame Petrie for that though.

ACLeith
21-01-2015, 05:00 PM
"supporters on our database who are not shareholders have been sent information on the process". I'm not yet a shareholder, but an ST holder; I've not received anything yet - should I have? I know I could E-Mail the club, but thought I would check here first.

Oops! PB beat me to it!

DTS
21-01-2015, 05:04 PM
"supporters on our database who are not shareholders have been sent information on the process". I'm not yet a shareholder, but an ST holder; I've not received anything yet - should I have? I know I could E-Mail the club, but thought I would check here first.

Oops! PB beat me to it!
I got my letter about it I n the post yesterday and my dad today so I'd imagine it'll be with you soon

erin go bragh
21-01-2015, 05:08 PM
We are a club that pays our bills (unlike some)
Paying our debt was the right thing to do .
Great statement from LD .

Ggtth

andrew70
21-01-2015, 05:08 PM
That's certainly not written by any PR person. Leeann is the one to drive us forward alongside the more professional way the whole club is being run. The fractions between our support really need to find a way of coming together and backing the club.

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 05:09 PM
That's certainly not written by any PR person. Leeann is the one to drive us forward alongside the more professional way the whole club is being run. The fractions between our support really need to find a way of coming together and backing the club.

Sadly I don't see it.

The statement is already getting torn apart in certain other places. Some fans seem determined to 'divide and conquer' themselves.

We have a golden opportunity here to pass 51% of the club into supporters hands, the facts are there for people who want to see them but some would rather pick holes where there are none and dismiss it as an elaborate scam.

erin go bragh
21-01-2015, 05:12 PM
What a statement. HOH well and truly clamped.

Only issue is I still haven't received my info on buying shares. I'll blame Petrie for that though.

Now there is a word ive not heard in years PB
Clamped ! Brilliant . We used to close our hand like a puppet when we clamped someone . Lol

Ggtth

Wembley67
21-01-2015, 05:15 PM
She is one of our best signings for years.

I'm not sure just how much more clarity she can give and there is still folk as PB says tearing the statement apart.

I don't even pity them anymore.

Good work again Hibs!

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Oops! PB beat me to it!

that's odd, i'm not a ST holder but i'm on the database, received a letter with application form on the reverse side last sat

Barney McGrew
21-01-2015, 05:19 PM
The statement is already getting torn apart in certain other places. Some fans seem determined to 'divide and conquer' themselves.

Unfortunately, we seem to have our own green and white version of the flat earth society now.

Oscar T Grouch
21-01-2015, 05:20 PM
I really am falling for Leeann in a big way, she is without doubt the best thing petrie did for Hibs. I love the couple of sly digs she gets in about our neighbours. Of course they weren't really sly digs, but they were :wink:

Hopefully this will make HoH and Buy Hibs toe the line now and we can all move in the right direction.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2015, 05:21 PM
I really am falling for Leeann in a big way, she is without doubt the best thing petrie did for Hibs. I love the couple of sly digs she gets in about our neighbours. Of course they weren't really sly digs, but they were :wink:

Hopefully this will make HoH and Buy Hibs toe the line now and we can all move in the right direction.

GGTTH

HoH don't believe her :)

NAE NOOKIE
21-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Decent statement.

Still not received any letter though :dunno:

johnbc70
21-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Great statement and exactly what was needed. Let's stop this petty bickering now and move forward.

The club has my full support in moving this plan forward.

Oscar T Grouch
21-01-2015, 05:25 PM
HoH don't believe her :)

No surprise there then, they are coming across as total conspiracy theorists, "but look here is clear evidence that what you are saying is wrong", "Nah your making it up, the accounts lie, the auditors lie, everything is lies, apart from what we think is the truth". Total nut jobs :crazy:

Bleeds green
21-01-2015, 05:26 PM
HOH take note. You do not speak for real hibs fans you are in the MINORITY now please go crawl back under your rocks. Superb from LD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs62
21-01-2015, 05:27 PM

Absolutely correct. I have had the pleasure of attending some home and away matches with Leeann this season and I can definitely confirm that she does care about our Club and wants to listen to the supporters views and take the club forward in any way possible. She is the best CEO you could hope for and I firmly believe we are in great hands under her leadership.

DarlingtonHibee
21-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Exactly!

Wont be enough to try and steal the show at the AGM - regrettably :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 05:29 PM
No surprise there then, they are coming across as total conspiracy theorists, "but look here is clear evidence that what you are saying is wrong", "Nah your making it up, the accounts lie, the auditors lie, everything is lies, apart from what we think is the truth". Total nut jobs :crazy:

I hate to let such a minority group dominate a positive thread but.....

They remind me of a lot of people I encountered during my flirtation with far left politcs (which is what they seem to think they are); never wrong, it's just that those who oppose them 'don't understand'.

andrew70
21-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Sadly I don't see it.

We have a golden opportunity here to pass 51% of the club into supporters hands, the facts are there for people who want to see them but some would rather pick holes where there are none and dismiss it as an elaborate scam.

Unfortunately there will always be a minority but I guess we've just got move on regardless, they'll soon be back when the plan comes to fruition. Although even I say that hesitantly. It's not that I don't trust her or the club because I do it's more the fact I am so used to building Hibs up only to be let down.

The core support has surprisingly remained more or less the same this season. I am not happy with relegation, I am not happy with the previous years and how things have went but they are gone now and we have to get behind this.

Either we move forward as one or it's just gonna be the same old. I personally cannot wait to own part of my club, our club, the only club worth supporting.

Fingers crossed others can see the emotional attachment that Dempster has clearly felt since taking up her post. That reads like one of us have written it IMO.

RCNG
21-01-2015, 05:32 PM
The letter really just explains what's happening and what you need to do if you want your own shares rather than the new holding company. Details for that will be released at the start of Feb, if I'm not mistaken.

marinello59
21-01-2015, 05:33 PM

They remind me of a lot of people I encountered during my flirtation with far left politcs (which is what they seem to think they are); never wrong, it's just that those who oppose them 'don't understand'.

Exactly.
Bonkers and so full of their own self importance it's laughable. I wonder if they will release yet another Official statement in response to this demolition job that LD has effectively done on them

Lucius Apuleius
21-01-2015, 05:33 PM
Glad she agrees with me that infrastructure comes first.😂 We are on the up in my opinion and we have the right people at the helm to get us there.

Oscar T Grouch
21-01-2015, 05:37 PM

Funny you should say that, I read an article about who believes conspiracy theories, it was a study done in a European Uni, they found that those with extreme political views (left and right wing) almost exclusively took up the population of conspiracy theorists. It basically said what you have, if someone doesn't believe them its though lack of understanding rather than lack of knowledge.

ACLeith
21-01-2015, 05:42 PM
that's odd, i'm not a ST holder but i'm on the database, received a letter with application form on the reverse side last sat
Interesting. I'll give it till the weekend and then follow up with the club.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2015, 05:42 PM
HOH take note. You do not speak for real hibs fans you are in the MINORITY now please go crawl back under your rocks. Superb from LD

wow, they're still hibs fans whether you agree with them or not..:bitchy: poor show

matty_f
21-01-2015, 05:43 PM
wow, they're still hibs fans whether you agree with them or not..:bitchy: poor show

No, a poor show is throwing baseless accusations around repeatedly, and making hilarious movie posters etc.

Weir7
21-01-2015, 05:45 PM

What's a real hibs fan?

Brightside

are they? they are certainly not supporting the club at the moment. The stuff thats appeared on flyers and posters is a disgrace and not something a Hibs fan would ever want to do to their club.

Robinho08

Ggtth

I picked up on those too. 😆

Great statement and I'm really happy how things are progressing on and off the pitch.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2015, 05:46 PM
No, a poor show is throwing baseless accusations around repeatedly, and making hilarious movie posters etc.

the poor show is in relation to telling fellow hibs fans to crawl back under their rocks, they might be misguided but no need for that crap, leave that stuff for the yamboids

Weir7
21-01-2015, 05:47 PM

And you know who made these pictures?

Do you go to ever hibs game home and away?

matty_f
21-01-2015, 05:47 PM
What's a real hibs fan?

Someone that doesn't make up lies with the specific intention of causing damage to the club, would be a starting point.

SteveHFC
21-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Is it wrong for me to say I'm falling in love :greengrin

matty_f
21-01-2015, 05:49 PM
And you know who made these pictures?

Do you go to ever hibs game home and away?

I saw who was happy to circulate the pictures, it matters not a jot who got the day off school to make them.

I don't go to every game home and away so I take it that means I lose the debate does it?

Do have a season ticket though, sometimes I have to work a Saturday though. Such is life.

pontius pilate
21-01-2015, 05:51 PM
Excellent statement well put and well presented. I look forward to recieving the shares information in the post

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 05:52 PM
What's a real hibs fan?

What's your view on the statement?

Weir7
21-01-2015, 05:54 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5129)

Where are we in the league LD?

Why won't you answer question LD re you being conflicted?

Why have all directors of HSL not been revealed?

Why sld anyone invest in a failed regime?

Why are HSL not allowed to have board representation on hibs board?

bingo70
21-01-2015, 05:54 PM

It's just a statement.

Saying all the right things which is nice, hopefully it puts a few people in their place but I think some on here need to calm down a bit. (I realise you're joking Steve so this isn't directed just at you)

Fwiw I openly admit to falling in love a wee bit with Frank djedje or whatever he's called purely on the basis of him having a good name, same applied to that ***** left back we had a few years ago that had a good name. They're the folk we should be loving, not chief executives or board members cos they release a well worded statement from time to time.

Weir7
21-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Someone that doesn't make up lies with the specific intention of causing damage to the club, would be a starting point.

Brilliant

matty_f
21-01-2015, 05:57 PM
It's just a statement.

Saying all the right things which is nice, hopefully it puts a few people in their place but I think some on here need to calm down a bit. (I realise you're joking Steve so this isn't directed just at you)

Fwiw I openly admit to falling in love a wee bit with Frank djedje or whatever he's called purely on the basis of him having a good name, same applied to that ***** left back we had a few years ago that had a good name. They're the folk we should be loving, not chief executives or board members cos they release a well worded statement from time to time.

Absolutely!

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 05:58 PM
It's just a statement.

You're right.

However a wee bit appreciation for the good work being done at the club, and speaheaded by LD, doesn't go amiss.

It's that groundwork that will give us our future heroes on the park.

Andy74
21-01-2015, 05:58 PM

On the last one. They currently don't have any shares. There was mention in the launch of the relationship and representation changing as the ownership progressed.

On the failed regime. Almost everything has changed. Supporting this moves to change the ownership too. The alternative to support the current regime is not being a supporter anymore which is fine or arranging for someone else to buy it and put whatever regime you want in.

On the first one you can look at the table but not sure on the relevance to keep dwelling on things that are obviously going the right way now.

Brightside
21-01-2015, 06:02 PM

Wow! You lot need medical help.

Onion
21-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Sadly I don't see it.

In fairness, this is a problem of the owner's (and Board's) own making and it will not go away anytime soon. STF might have helped purge a chunk of Hibs debt but failed to do the main thing to unite the fans - get rid of Petrie. He's a toxic presence and reminder of years of mismanagement - so trust in the owner and management is proving much harder to rebuild that it could/should have been. At this stage, we should all be excited at the prospect of investing in Hibs new future. Leanne paints a compelling picture. But instead, distrust and apathy remain because the old regime remain.

I remember how excited I was when buying shares in Hibs in the late 80s. I want to feel the same this time, but just don't.

Weir7
21-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Wow! You lot need medical help.

Thanks

Weir7
21-01-2015, 06:12 PM
On the last one. They currently don't have any shares. There was mention in the launch of the relationship and representation changing as the ownership progressed.

On the failed regime. Almost everything has changed. Supporting this moves to change the ownership too. The alternative to support the current regime is not being a supporter anymore which is fine or arranging for someone else to buy it and put whatever regime you want in.

On the first one you can look at the table but not sure on the relevance to keep dwelling on things that are obviously going the right way now.

No directors have resigned. Failed regime still in place.

HSL are not allowed any directors on hibs board. Give us you're money potentially own 51% but no board representative

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2015, 06:13 PM

What makes you think that not all the directors have been "revealed"? It's easy enough to check out the Companies House website.

ACLeith
21-01-2015, 06:13 PM

Do you see anything positive in the statement that you feel merits support? A simple "yes or no" answer would be enough to be going on with

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2015, 06:14 PM

HSL are not allowed any directors on hibs board. Give us you're money potentially own 51% but no board representative
Where have they said that? Anyone can be a director, with the appropriate and sufficient support of the rest of the Board and shareholders.

AngusHibby
21-01-2015, 06:15 PM
A couple subtle jabs at Hearts. Nice!

Weir7
21-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Exactly!

This is not an appropriate example for an administrator to set.

I suspect the comments im reading wouldn't be repeated face to face

matty_f
21-01-2015, 06:18 PM
If the support takes up the 51% surely we can get an HSL representative on the board if desired?

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Why wouldn't they be said face to face?

There's been a few thinly veiled threats from HOH types today, is this another one?

matty_f
21-01-2015, 06:19 PM

Why do you suspect that? What do you think would stop people saying it face to face?

SunshineOnLeith
21-01-2015, 06:20 PM
What makes you think that not all the directors have been "revealed"? It's easy enough to check out the Companies House website.

Remember in the early days of Hands on Hibs' lies, when they claimed Hibs had X directors then refused to accept that Companies House contradicted them? Pretty sure they pulled the Banderson "all very complex" line, too.

HNA7
21-01-2015, 06:20 PM
There's been a few thinly veiled threats from HOH types today

And there won't be any more.

Lucius Apuleius
21-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Oh I think they would. 😎 As an aside, not that he needs my backing, but I don't see him posting this as an admin. Even admins are allowed an opinion that is not necessarily the viewpoint of.net. If indeed .net has a collective opinion of anything.

bigwheel
21-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Frankly HoH are irrelevant . There's probably about 20 of them at most . If you compare their communications with that of LDs today - I know who I'd trust.

Tyler Durden
21-01-2015, 06:28 PM
If the support takes up the 51% surely we can get an HSL representative on the board if desired?

Seems obvious but the tactic seems to be to keep listing new baseless accusations. As soon as one is refuted, another pops up.

Gerard
21-01-2015, 06:34 PM
The OS from Leeann is a sign that we are seeing major changes at 'OUR CLUB'. I think we have a very good chance this year of being promoted to the top league in our country. We have stopped being a 'corporate entity' and have become a football club again. In essence the future of our club is looking very healthy. I am sure that we will read in the future many more statements from Leeann:wink:

Septimus
21-01-2015, 06:35 PM
In fairness, this is a problem of the owner's (and Board's) own making and it will not go away anytime soon. STF might have helped purge a chunk of Hibs debt but failed to do the main thing to unite the fans - get rid of Petrie. He's a toxic presence and reminder of years of mismanagement - so trust in the owner and management is proving much harder to rebuild that it could/should have been. At this stage, we should all be excited at the prospect of investing in Hibs new future. Leanne paints a compelling picture. But instead, distrust and apathy remain because the old regime remain.

I remember how excited I was when buying shares in Hibs in the late 80s. I want to feel the same this time, but just don't.

After buying shares in the 80's I sat in the West Stand bursting with pride that I was part of the team that I had supported since I was a child. It did not take long for that bubble to burst. Although older now I am not much wiser . Given the chance I will try again and hopefully in the long run I will not be disappointed

Sammy7nil
21-01-2015, 06:49 PM

Totally agree with the car left comparison and reminds me of the refefendum debates

Pretty Boy
21-01-2015, 06:53 PM
Totally agree with the car left comparison and reminds me of the refefendum debates

The referendum comparison is a good one. I only really socialised with people who were voting yes, not through choice just most of my friends were yes voters, and I genuinely thought yes would win comfortably because of that.

I think in the same vein HOH probably think they have a far bigger support base than they actually do because HOH supporters socialise with other HOH supporters who in turn introdice them to other HOH supporters.

Hibbyradge
21-01-2015, 06:59 PM

Isn't LD on the Hibs board anymore? :confused:

Won't there be 2 elected supporters reps now? :confused:

silverhibee
21-01-2015, 07:13 PM

With who. :confused:

Hibbyradge
21-01-2015, 07:15 PM
With who. :confused:

Are you getting jealous?

ACLeith
21-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Do you see anything positive in the statement that you feel merits support? A simple "yes or no" answer would be enough to be going on with

Rats! I thought I had a 10% chance of getting a straight, simple answer to a straight, simple question, but I see that there's no chance now! Ah well, onwards and upwards for the rest of us.

silverhibee
21-01-2015, 07:20 PM
Are you getting jealous?

Are the guys who post on here blind or something.

Steve has no chance.

Just Alf
21-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Rats! I thought I had a 10% chance of getting a straight, simple answer to a straight, simple question, but I see that there's no chance now! Ah well, onwards and upwards for the rest of us.

10%!!!!! ... :shocked:

I was giving it 2% and even then thought I was pushing it! :greengrin

Ronniekirk
21-01-2015, 07:23 PM
Now there is a word ive not heard in years PB
Clamped ! Brilliant . We used to close our hand like a puppet when we clamped someone . Lol

Ggtth

You obviously haven't fallen foul of parking quickly before a game and coming back to find your car isn't There as it had been clamped and taken to the compound

Andy74
21-01-2015, 07:31 PM

More nonsense. Not now but nothing to stop it when the shareholding increases. It was referred to at the launch that it woukd change as it went on.

ACLeith
21-01-2015, 07:44 PM
10%!!!!! ... :shocked:

I was giving it 2% and even then thought I was pushing it! :greengrin

OK, guilty as charged for being too positive, what's the punishment?

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2015, 08:01 PM
A couple subtle jabs at Hearts. Nice!

I found it petty. Just like when RP joked about our neighbour's at the last AGM, and look how that all panned out.....

marinello59
21-01-2015, 08:04 PM
I found it petty. Just like when RP joked about our neighbour's at the last AGM, and look how that all panned out.....

I didn't think it was a dig at Hearts, more pointing out that we do things the right way.

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2015, 08:07 PM
I didn't think it was a dig at Hearts, more pointing out that we do things the right way.

Maybe M59, suppose it's how you interpret it....

BroxburnHibee
21-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Oh I think they would. 😎 As an aside, not that he needs my backing, but I don't see him posting this as an admin. Even admins are allowed an opinion that is not necessarily the viewpoint of.net. If indeed .net has a collective opinion of anything.

Sadly I didn't get the chance to tell him myself but you summed it up perfectly G :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
21-01-2015, 08:09 PM
I'm getting a lot of time for Leeann - passionate and commited :flag:

marinello59
21-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Maybe M59, suppose it's how you interpret it....

Agreed.
But my reading of it is right. :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Agreed.
But my reading of it is right. :greengrin

:aok:

Peevemor
21-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Good, informative, clear the air statement from LD. Hopefully now BuyHibs will quietly dissappear and HoH's words of wisdom will be confined to their gang hut.

Just Alf
21-01-2015, 08:31 PM
OK, guilty as charged for being too positive, what's the punishment?

No answer at all coz he's gone? ... :dunno:

Bleeds green
21-01-2015, 08:36 PM
What's a real hibs fan?

Someone who supports the club does not ridicule with childish almost thuggish posters

duffers
21-01-2015, 08:59 PM
HOH are making a fool of themselves with each post / statement they make. Supporter's support. These characters just want to put as much negativity into the club as possible.

Good Statement LD. The majority of us are behind you!

kaimendhibs
21-01-2015, 09:00 PM
I really like the statement and I truly believe that Leeann has the best interests of the club at heart. You would have to be blind not to see the improvements on the park, in communication and in the general vibe around the club. It saddens me that there is infighting when we have a real chance of progress for the first time in many years. Mibbe some people are never happy unless they are miserable, keep up the digs at the club and they may well just say that's it, have had enough and then where will be? If I want to buy season tickets (which I do every year) and buy shares in the club directly or through HSL, that's my business. Fwiw, I am going too pay into HSL. I got my letter on Monday.

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2015, 09:15 PM
After buying shares in the 80's I sat in the West Stand bursting with pride that I was part of the team that I had supported since I was a child. It did not take long for that bubble to burst. Although older now I am not much wiser . Given the chance I will try again and hopefully in the long run I will not be disappointed

I thought about buying shares at the time but my inner socialist prevailed. Good decision. This time round I'm wondering if I can justify another £18.50 a month on top of the £37 a month for an ST.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2015, 06:46 AM
It's a good statement and I'm glad it was put it out to put the **** stirrers in their place. My main problem with the HSL avenue is that whilst you are donating to the club and helping obtain the 51% fan ownership, the person commiting the cash will have very little to show for it. No share certificate, No invitation to future AGM's, no set of accounts published for you. I personally would like to buy shares direct but it sounds very complicated and not very affordable which is leaving a bit of a sour taste in all this for me.

Ozyhibby
22-01-2015, 07:06 AM
It's a good statement and I'm glad it was put it out to put the **** stirrers in their place. My main problem with the HSL avenue is that whilst you are donating to the club and helping obtain the 51% fan ownership, the person commiting the cash will have very little to show for it. No share certificate, No invitation to future AGM's, no set of accounts published for you. I personally would like to buy shares direct but it sounds very complicated and not very affordable which is leaving a bit of a sour taste in all this for me.

Unfortunately, this is the only way the scheme could be set up within the laws of the land.
It's not unlike the FoH model, except we don't have to give Anne Budge £2.5m.

worcesterhibby
22-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the excellent statement Leanne. As a lifelong Hibbee I would urge the detractors to take a long hard look at themselves and either support the club or if you really believe your nonsense, wash you hands of Hibs and leave the rest of us to get behind the team and push towards what looks like being be a bright future.

I am not an Admin, I don't know any of the admins. I am a Hibs fan and that's how I feel.

The Green Goblin
22-01-2015, 09:05 AM

Ggtth

Those two sentences stood out to me too :greengrin

greenginger
22-01-2015, 09:25 AM
It is also hard to ignore the backward motion of Motherwell since her departure from that club.

Might just be coincidence and Motherwell were due to tumble anyway, but we seem to be progressing on many fronts and that is due to having a CEO that understands the dynamics of a football club, something I'm sorry to say Petrie never sussed.

Bad Martini
22-01-2015, 11:15 AM
It's a good statement.

A diplomatic way of telling those against future change that there are always options. But one isny for you to burst all the rest of our ****ing ear drums whinging about what you dont like whilst offering nothing better in return.

Mulder wept.

:rolleyes:

tamig
22-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately, this is the only way the scheme could be set up within the laws of the land.

Absolutely.

southsider
22-01-2015, 01:43 PM
Sadly I don't see it.

IMHO ,this statement does away with the reason for HOH and BuyHibs to exist. Just get behind the plan guys.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2015, 03:26 PM

I do realise that it's not all in the clubs hand, but I think they could have beefed up the HSL option with some incentives.

CropleyWasGod
22-01-2015, 03:28 PM
I do realise that it's not all in the clubs hand, but I think they could have beefed up the HSL option with some incentives.

Commercial break whilst we consider the possibilities....

Serenaded by Charlie.

Free pint from Jackie.

Lapdance from Kenny Macaskill....

The_Exile
22-01-2015, 03:32 PM

If he brings Nicola Sturgeon along I'm sigining up twice :agree:

Gatecrasher
22-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Commercial break whilst we consider the possibilities....

Serenaded by Charlie.

Free pint from Jackie.

No thanks :greengrin

The Harp Awakes
22-01-2015, 03:55 PM
Time for all Hibs supporters to get behind the Club in whatever way they can; by attending games, buying shares or contributing to the 51% ownership via HSL.

Hibs have been in the wilderness for far too long. We need to put aside petty grievences, move forward as a Club and realise our potential:flag:

emerald green
22-01-2015, 06:03 PM
An excellent statement from our CEO. I believe this club are lucky to have her.

What more does LD have to say to unite all the various factions which exist within the Hibs support? It has to be said though that some factions although very small can sometimes make a lot of noise, which if it's nonsensical, is best ignored.

The Hibs supporters now have a chance soon to help secure the future of our club by achieving 51% fan ownership, and thus avoiding the doomsday scenario faced by the club currently playing at Ibrox stadium (for how much longer?).

Capt Mainwaring
22-01-2015, 06:04 PM

Think not of what the Club can do for you but for what you can do for the Club ! ( as JfK should have said!)

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 06:18 PM
An excellent statement from our CEO. I believe this club are lucky to have her.

What more does LD have to say to unite all the various factions which exist within the Hibs support? It has to be said though that some factions although very small can sometimes make a lot of noise, which if it's nonsensical, is best ignored.

The Hibs supporters now have a chance soon to help secure the future of our club by achieving 51% fan ownership, and thus avoiding the doomsday scenario faced by the club currently playing at Ibrox stadium (for how much longer?).

Couldn't agree more. Simply baffling some of the guff being spouted

grunt
22-01-2015, 06:21 PM

I see that Hertz have just announced a series of rewards for their FOH pledgers. Is this the sort of thing you had in mind?

emerald green
22-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Couldn't agree more. Simply baffling some of the guff being spouted

:agree: Exactly. I often wonder what their agenda actually is, or if they just like the sound of their own voices. Empty barrels make the most noise.