PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Supporter's Limited - Q&A

Mikey
21-01-2015, 03:58 PM
HSL is creating a Q&A/FAQ for their website so if you have any questions just add them to this thread and they'll get them answered.

Bear in mind that is specifically for HSL, although obviously there will be some overlap in terms of the general share issue.

Fire away...........

jacomo
21-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Assuming that the full 51% of shares is taken - what might the Board of Hibs look like? How will HSL be represented on the Board of the football club?

Are there plans to hold elections for the HSL Board, as has happened with the Hibs Board?

Does Hibs still have any borrowing agreements in place with any bank? What is HSL's attitude to taking on new borrowing in the future? How might Hibs deal with future unexpected losses?

Mikey
22-01-2015, 09:08 AM
Just bumping this up as it's likely that we'll be meeting with a representative from HSL in the next day or so and any questions can be covered then.

Oscar T Grouch
22-01-2015, 09:16 AM
If I commit to paying £18.75 per month, how long does this payment need to go on for, we know the minimum is a year, but would this continue if share issue isn't fully taken up? It would help if there was a clear indication of what would happen if someones circumstances change and they don't manage to make a full years payment of £225, would monies be refunded in this case?

offshorehibby
22-01-2015, 09:29 AM
If you contributed the full amount in year 1 and stopped payment in year 2 would you still have vote/membership in HSL.

jacomo
22-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Assuming that the full 51% of shares is taken - what might the Board of Hibs look like? How will HSL be represented on the Board of the football club?

Are there plans to hold elections for the HSL Board, as has happened with the Hibs Board?

Does Hibs still have any borrowing agreements in place with any bank? What is HSL's attitude to taking on new borrowing in the future? How might Hibs deal with future unexpected losses?

Apparently there is a plan to hold elections, this has been addressed in previous meetings.

lyonhibs
22-01-2015, 10:01 AM
To what extent will there be - on say an annual basis - at least a top-level breakdown of where the funds raised by HSL have been spent?

We're all aware that money contributed to HSL will be "new money" and get spent on serving the "footballing ambitions" but I can't be the only person who would be reassured about investing some of my hard earned if I knew that I'd get to see - to some extent at least, I don't need to know exactly where every penny has gone - where the HSL money had gone.

Similarly, my UK bank account is as empty as our "Scottish Cup" shelf in the trophy cabinet :greengrin

What alternative payment methods other than a UK bank direct debit will there be. I'm not a banking guru, so will there be any obstacles to donating from a foreign bank account?

NYHibby
22-01-2015, 11:55 AM
If I commit to paying £18.75 per month, how long does this payment need to go on for, we know the minimum is a year, but would this continue if share issue isn't fully taken up? It would help if there was a clear indication of what would happen if someones circumstances change and they don't manage to make a full years payment of £225, would monies be refunded in this case?

To add on to this question, I would be interested in hearing if it is HSL's intention to have multiples classes of members, ether now or in the future. Would members who stop contributing become a different class of members who retain some of the benefits of being a member of the CGL. What happens to the structure of HSL once all of the shares are bought? Presumably people would continue to contribute a lesser amount to remain members of HSL.

To what extent will there be - on say an annual basis - at least a top-level breakdown of where the funds raised by HSL have been spent?

We're all aware that money contributed to HSL will be "new money" and get spent on serving the "footballing ambitions" but I can't be the only person who would be reassured about investing some of my hard earned if I knew that I'd get to see - to some extent at least, I don't need to know exactly where every penny has gone - where the HSL money had gone.

Not to pollute this thread, but as a CLG, HSL will have to file accounts with Companies House so this information, at least at a high level, will be public information.

Geo_1875
22-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Any idea what the running costs of the company will be?

Would HSL be open to forming an association with other fan shareholders?

lucky
22-01-2015, 04:18 PM
When will the first membership meeting be held to elect the board?
Which bank will hold the funds raised?
How frequently will funds to exchanged for shares?
Will a constitution be drawn up for guidance of the board and members?
Are any members of the HSL board being paid by HSL?
Is there not a conflict of interest between being a HSL board member and Hibs board member?

emerald green
22-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Has HSL done any research (for want of a better word - I'm no expert) on what sort of take up might be likely on this share offer to supporters? Or is this simply impossible to predict? Has HSL taken any soundings on this?

My next question has been asked already, but I think it's an important one for a significant number of supporters who want to participate but simply do not have a lot of spare cash to invest, i.e. once an individual (or group?) starts contributing say £18.75pm is this an open ended commitment? Can contributions be stopped if an individual's financial circumstances were to change for whatever reason? Is there a minimum period that someone has to invest for, i.e. can someone contribute/invest for say one year then stop if they so wish?

ancient hibee
22-01-2015, 06:26 PM
To add on to this question, I would be interested in hearing if it is HSL's intention to have multiples classes of members, ether now or in the future. Would members who stop contributing become a different class of members who retain some of the benefits of being a member of the CGL. What happens to the structure of HSL once all of the shares are bought? Presumably people would continue to contribute a lesser amount to remain members of HSL.

Not to pollute this thread, but as a CLG, HSL will have to file accounts with Companies House so this information, at least at a high level, will be public information.

The answer to where the HSL money will be spent is easy-it'll be spent in buying shares in the Club.It is then up to the Club to spend the money.

Mikey
22-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Thanks folks. The full Q&A will be posted up tomorrow late afternoon/evening.

Mikey
23-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Just a quick update on this. We spent so much time chewing the fat and putting the (Hibee) world to right that we didn't get through all of the questions. So HSL have a copy and will provide the answers as soon as they can.