PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

Hibeesmad
21-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Celtic scouts have been at our last 2 games watching him apparently, according to a reliable source anyway. I hope we can get him tied down on a long term contract asap to at least get a high fee out of him. Different class.

PeterboroHibee
21-01-2015, 11:49 AM
At this stage I think that would be a daft move for Allan. Hes playing well and is an excellent player, but its still only been 6 months in the Scottish Championship after a few years of drifting around various clubs down south. He needs to focus on playing football every week, something Im not sure would happen at Celtic (especially when you consider they have signed GMS and are actively looking to get Armstrong).

woodythehibee
21-01-2015, 12:21 PM
Celtic scouts have been at our last 2 games watching him apparently, according to a reliable source anyway. I hope we can get him tied down on a long term contract asap to at least get a high fee out of him. Different class.

He's not been great the last couple of games so that suits me :agree:

Kaff
21-01-2015, 12:52 PM
McGeough just back for the last 2 games, maybe monitoring his progress since they'll have a decision to make on his future shortly?

cloudy
21-01-2015, 01:13 PM
Sheff utd lining up a bid for scott, had him watched a few times and are very keen to land him

Steve20
21-01-2015, 01:29 PM
All bids should be rejected. We need to get promoted this season and losing Scott Allan is not the way to go about it.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2015, 01:31 PM

Delighted it was those 2 games!

WillowbraeHibby
21-01-2015, 01:33 PM
All bids should be rejected. We need to get promoted this season and losing Scott Allan is not the way to go about it.

You beat me to it Steve, my sentiments exactly! And there are a couple more players that will no doubt be getting noticed.
If there is genuine interest in any players, we will no doubt find out how serious we are in keeping them?

Billy Whizz
21-01-2015, 01:33 PM
Sheff utd lining up a bid for scott, had him watched a few times and are very keen to land him

What do you think the size of the bid will be? He's got 1 1/2 years left on his deal

WillowbraeHibby
21-01-2015, 01:35 PM
What do you think the size of the bid will be? He's got 1 1/2 years left on his deal

Disnae matter Billy, we need to keep all our players, all bids should be knocked back. We are just getting a decent squad together.

Thoughts?

scoopyboy
21-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Disnae matter Billy, we need to keep all our players, all bids should be knocked back. We are just getting a decent squad together.

Thoughts?

I agree with your sentiment, however everybody has a price and if an exceptionally high bid came in then I don't doubt for a minute it would be considered.

Sheffield Utd have done very well recently from Scottish players.

Lago
21-01-2015, 01:43 PM
I agree with your sentiment, however everybody has a price and if an exceptionally high bid came in then I don't doubt for a minute it would be considered.

They have done well, but are not progressing the way a club of that potential should. Good cup results are not enough.

JIm
21-01-2015, 01:45 PM
I heard this rumour a few weeks ago from one of my mates, wouldn't surprise me at all.

WillowbraeHibby
21-01-2015, 01:46 PM

Aye... Suppose you have a point there Scoopy, but it would be good to see a decent squad being built without having to flog anybody.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Aye... Suppose you have a point there Scoopy, but it would be good to see a decent squad being built without having to flog anybody.

Don't want to lose him, but unfortunately every player has his price. In my opinion Allan would be stupid to move in this window. Could end up on some team's bench, when he will play every week at Hibs

B.H.F.C
21-01-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't think we will lose Allan in this window. He's had a few good months in the Scottish Championship. I can't see any ridiculously high bids being made. If he stays for the rest of the year, plays as he has been and helps get us promoted then that might change in the summer. After his previous experience down south I don't think he will necessarily jump at the first opportunity either.

SunshineOnLeith
21-01-2015, 02:07 PM
If we don't get promoted we'll likely lose him in the summer. If we go up I fancy he'll extend his contract.

snooky
21-01-2015, 03:14 PM
McGeough just back for the last 2 games, maybe monitoring his progress since they'll have a decision to make on his future shortly?

Good point, Kaff. However I suspect it's the OF hoover in action sucking up anything that sits above the pile.

southsider
21-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Good point, Kaff. However I suspect it's the OF hoover in action sucking up anything that sits above the pile.

Only smellic. Newco are too broke and too busy fighting with each other. They will soon have more gardeners than directors. lol

Jonny1875
21-01-2015, 03:20 PM
I think he will be away in the summer for around 750k, unless we go up.

snooky
21-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Only smellic. Newco are too broke and too busy fighting with each other. They will soon have more gardeners than directors. lol

LOL. I am aware that TRFC's hoover has no suction just now but they seem to be able to pick up wee bits of fluff here and there. Alas, if they survive and regain their position they'll be comparable to a super-charged Dyson.

johnbc70
21-01-2015, 03:41 PM
I think he will be away in the summer for around 750k, unless we go up.

I reckon half of that. He is doing fairly well in the second teir of Scottish Football. If we don't go up we will need cash and I think a bid of £200-300K will be enough and let's face its a good bid.

SteveHFC
21-01-2015, 03:44 PM
I reckon half of that. He is doing fairly well in the second teir of Scottish Football. If we don't go up we will need cash and I think a bid of £200-300K will be enough and let's face its a good bid.

Then we can use the money to bring a certain someone home :hyper

R'Albin
21-01-2015, 03:50 PM

If we don't go up we will also need quality players. I'd much rather keep Allan for another season and lose him for free than sell him for such a small fee.

JimBHibees
21-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Why would we sell our most creative player for such a paltry sum? He would have a year left unless he has extended in between times it would make no sense for Hibs to sell for next to nothing.

Frazerbob
21-01-2015, 03:56 PM
If we don't go up we will also need quality players. I'd much rather keep Allan for another season and lose him for free than sell him for such a small fee.

Totally agree. If we don't go up, he will be worth a lot more than a couple of hundred grand to us by helping get us promoted. Get us up then sign for whoever he wants for free.

JimBHibees
21-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't think we will lose Allan in this window. He's had a few good months in the Scottish Championship. I can't see any ridiculously high bids being made. If he stays for the rest of the year, plays as he has been and helps get us promoted then that might change in the summer. After his previous experience down south I don't think he will necessarily jump at the first opportunity either.

Agree entirely he will be enjoying playing every week at Hibs.

johnbc70
21-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Why would we sell our most creative player for such a paltry sum? He would have a year left unless he has extended in between times it would make no sense for Hibs to sell for next to nothing.

Like others I would rather keep him and risk losing him for free. But if we are facing another season in the Championship and season tickets are down then Stubbs may think with the money he can bring in 2 or 3 players.

I am not sure what the highest transfer fee is for a player in the Championship but I am sure its not high and while SA is good he is not outstanding week in and week out.

JimBHibees
21-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Like others I would rather keep him and risk losing him for free. But if we are facing another season in the Championship and season tickets are down then Stubbs may think with the money he can bring in 2 or 3 players.

I am not sure what the highest transfer fee is for a player in the Championship but I am sure its not high and while SA is good he is not outstanding week in and week out.

He has been outstanding for a good number of weeks even though not at his best the last 2 games he is still creating goals. Against Rangers he was head and shoulders above anyone on the park.

We dont need to sell so if someone wants to buy him they can pay a decent whack.

hibeesboii
21-01-2015, 04:20 PM
Sure I read on here,allan and gray were in talks for an contract extension, not sure if true or not?

Thecat23
21-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Sure I read on here,allan and gray were in talks for an contract extension, not sure if true or not?

Both true!

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2015, 04:44 PM

£200-300k would be a horrendous amount to sell him for with 12 months left on his contract. Would rather get an another year out of him then lose him for nothing than sell for that amount.

Hibby Kay-Yay
21-01-2015, 04:47 PM
£200-300k would be a horrendous amount to sell him for with 12 months left on his contract. Would rather get an another year out of him then lose him for nothing than sell for that amount.

How much did The Rangers get for a player from this division? A decent amount for a club DESPERATE for cash and for a player of less ability than Scott. If we don't go up, we don't need to sell cheap.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2015, 04:49 PM
How much did The Rangers get for a player from this division? A decent amount for a club DESPERATE for cash and for a player of less ability than Scott. If we don't go up, we don't need to sell cheap.

Correct. If McLeod was worth £800,000 then Scotty Allan is worth considerably more. Far better player

AlbertK86
21-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Cannae believe that 200k is viewed as reasonable

Ivan went for 500k and Allan is at least three or four times better than him.

Appreciate we are in a lower league now but he is worth far more than 2-300k

Sheff Utd offered 80k for GMS so don't see them coming in with a decent bid

As for hoping to keep him for 2 years and risk losing him for nowt I am totally up for that

However unless we get promoted Scott will be offski. Can't see him spending another year in championship (even tho he has a year and a half left on contract) and neither he should as he 100% should be playing at a higher standard.

Let's enjoy his talent and hope we get up so that he considers staying next season.

He is the most creative player we've had in many years and he is usually at the heart of nearly every goal we score

3pm
21-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Both true!

You got an update TC?

Thecat23
21-01-2015, 05:02 PM
You got an update TC?

Nothing from what I was told couple weeks ago that both expected to sign longer deals.

silverhibee
21-01-2015, 05:16 PM

I doubt he will want to be here next season if we are still in the same league.

Pete
21-01-2015, 05:21 PM
I doubt he will want to be here next season if we are still in the same league.

That will be the first big test for our new regime.

If we don't get promoted he is going nowhere. That had better be the party line.

hibeesboii
21-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Nothing from what I was told couple weeks ago that both expected to sign longer deals.

Would be great if they were both announced soon!

jacomo
21-01-2015, 05:41 PM
That will be the first big test for our new regime.

If we don't get promoted he is going nowhere. That had better be the party line.

We've got bigger problems than Scott Allan if we don't go up.

How do we know Celtc weren't keeping an eye on AS?

hfc rd
21-01-2015, 05:50 PM

That would be absolutely brilliant! Also any news on McGeouch, if the club has been in discussion with Celtic about getting him on board permanently?

oneone73
21-01-2015, 07:00 PM
It's an awful long time since we were worried about losing a player in the January window - it used to be our biggest fear. We're definitely on the way back!

WillowbraeHibby
21-01-2015, 07:08 PM
That would be absolutely brilliant! Also any news on McGeouch, if the club has been in discussion with Celtic about getting him on board permanently?

Would be very pleased to keep McGeouch, fits in well at Hibs.. And a good player.

Borderhibbie76
21-01-2015, 07:30 PM
It's an awful long time since we were worried about losing a player in the January window - it used to be our biggest fear. We're definitely on the way back!

Absolutely a sure fire sign we r on our way back...it's a nice problem to have

21-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Not surprised that other clubs are sniffing around Allan, he's been fantastic. Hopefully though he can stay with us another season at least, develop himself further then get a big move. A lot will depend on whether we are playing top league football next year though! Hopefully he wont do what a lot of previous hibs players have done and jump at the first big money offer from celtic and end up not going as far in his career as he should.

NadeAteMyLunch!
21-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Cannae believe that 200k is viewed as reasonable

Ivan went for 500k and Allan is at least three or four times better than him.

Appreciate we are in a lower league now but he is worth far more than 2-300k

Sheff Utd offered 80k for GMS so don't see them coming in with a decent bid

As for hoping to keep him for 2 years and risk losing him for nowt I am totally up for that

However unless we get promoted Scott will be offski. Can't see him spending another year in championship (even tho he has a year and a half left on contract) and neither he should as he 100% should be playing at a higher standard.

Let's enjoy his talent and hope we get up so that he considers staying next season.

He is the most creative player we've had in many years and he is usually at the heart of nearly every goal we score

I'm pretty sure Ivan went for 250k. We then blew the lot on AOB 😳

GreenOnions
21-01-2015, 08:13 PM

:greengrin That's a really pleasant perspective - and very true!

OsloHibs
21-01-2015, 08:17 PM

:rolleyes: Dear. o. dear.

AlbertK86
21-01-2015, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure Ivan went for 250k. We then blew the lot on AOB dde33

Nah it was 500k and yes we spent it on AOB...... Adds to ma point !!!!!

woodythehibee
21-01-2015, 09:02 PM
You clearly didn't read what I quoted!

SunshineOnLeith
21-01-2015, 09:03 PM

His point was clearly tongue in cheek saying they won't want him if they've only watched the last two games. Lighten up, eh?

Thecat23
21-01-2015, 09:04 PM

Was told a while ago he's not signing with us mate.

GreenOnions
21-01-2015, 09:45 PM

That's a real shame. I know there are many things for players to consider but, watching him in games, his attitude and effort are top-notch and he really seems to be enjoying playing for us and in particular playing with Scott Allan.

HoboHarry
22-01-2015, 04:47 AM

Sorry mate but that statement is so vague as to be worthless unless you can give us a reason why.

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 07:00 AM
Sorry mate but that statement is so vague as to be worthless unless you can give us a reason why.

If you think it's vague that's fair do's. But it's true as he wanted to get another deal at Celtic and has told many at Celtic that he won't be here next summer.

KeithTheHibby
22-01-2015, 07:45 AM
If you think it's vague that's fair do's. But it's true as he wanted to get another deal at Celtic and has told many at Celtic that he won't be here next summer.

He obviously has quite a high opinion of himself then if he's spouting off like that already. Surely if RD had seen anything in him them he wouldn't have let him go out on loan for a full year? FWIW I seriously doubt he will ever play for Celtic again as I don't think he's good enough.

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 07:46 AM
He obviously has quite a high opinion of himself then if he's spouting off like that already. Surely if RD had seen anything in him them he wouldn't have let him go out on loan for a full year? FWIW I seriously doubt he will ever play for Celtic again as I don't think he's good enough.

I don't think he will be playing for them again either. Won't surprise me if he ends up with Utd or Aberdeen. Or maybe a championship club down south.

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I don't think he will be playing for them again either. Won't surprise me if he ends up with Utd or Aberdeen. Or maybe a championship club down south.

Or us if we go up?

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 09:32 AM
Or us if we go up?

I'd like to think so. But again he defo told few of the guys at Celtic that he's enjoyed it here but won't be here after the summer!

Aldo
22-01-2015, 09:44 AM
I'd like to think so. But again he defo told few of the guys at Celtic that he's enjoyed it here but won't be here after the summer!

This is where Stubbs earns his wages IMHO. I know it's a long shot (and a very very long one at that) But there is a long long time between now and the end of the season.

I really hope he can persuade him to sign a contract. He's still young enough to move on in a couple of seasons or so. He's not played much first team football over the years and hopefully he can see that.

I am going to be positive and hope we can get him in on a permanent contract.

GreenOnions
22-01-2015, 09:53 AM
This is where Stubbs earns his wages IMHO. I know it's a long shot (and a very very long one at that) But there is a long long time between now and the end of the season.

I really hope he can persuade him to sign a contract. He's still young enough to move on in a couple of seasons or so. He's not played much first team football over the years and hopefully he can see that.

This is true. I'm sure Thecat's info is accurate but things can change. As I said earlier in this thread - McGeouch seems to be enjoying his football with us. Maybe if we secured promotion, were able to show that we can keep the likes of Scott Allan and were able to offer him a financial package that's better than he might be imagining at this stage then he might change his mind?

Aldo
22-01-2015, 10:01 AM
This is true. I'm sure Thecat's info is accurate but things can change. As I said earlier in this thread - McGeouch seems to be enjoying his football with us. Maybe if we secured promotion, were able to show that we can keep the likes of Scott Allan and were able to offer him a financial package that's better than he might be imagining at this stage then he might change his mind?

In no way shape or form am I questioning TC's info ( he'll know this anyway) but Like I say (and you've mentioned) he's getting first team footie and seems tombe enjoying it.

We can only hope AS can persuade him to join the new revolution!

GreenOnions
22-01-2015, 10:08 AM
In no way shape or form am I questioning TC's info ( he'll know this anyway) but Like I say (and you've mentioned) he's getting first team footie and seems tombe enjoying it.

We can only hope AS can persuade him to join the new revolution!

Agree - and fingers crossed. He's exactly the type of player that fits into our style of play and that many (including myself) definitely want to pay to watch.

Aldo
22-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Agree - and fingers crossed. He's exactly the type of player that fits into our style of play and that many (including myself) definitely want to pay to watch.

Yip. Always on the front foot looking to go past players etc. As I've said things change minute to minute in football. Never say never!

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 10:13 AM

Defo, If Stubbs can make him change his mind it would be great. What he said few weeks ago can change if he sees Hibs want to build a team around Dylan. All I know is that he was only wanting to earn a new deal with Celtic and I can't see that happening then said he wouldn't be at Hibs after the summer. I'm hoping he changes his mind because I feel he's a cracking player and one that would help us in either gaining promotion are challenging top 6 again.

J-C
22-01-2015, 10:16 AM
I've spoken to a couple of Celtic mates who can't believe he's on loan and would walk the SPFL with Celtic, he's a huge Celtic fan and obviously still sees himself as having a chance there.

Aldo
22-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Defo, If Stubbs can make him change his mind it would be great. What he said few weeks ago can change if he sees Hibs want to build a team around Dylan. All I know is that he was only wanting to earn a new deal with Celtic and I can't see that happening then said he wouldn't be at Hibs after the summer. I'm hoping he changes his mind because I feel he's a cracking player and one that would help us in either gaining promotion are challenging top 6 again.

Agreed. No doubt he is an excellent player and he's still young enough to move on in a couple of seasons.

He defo falls into the category of quality over quantity!!

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Anyone else heard about a possible swap deal of griffths for allan.......It's a yam at work whos related to charlie mulgrew

Heisenberg
22-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Anyone else heard about a possible swap deal of griffths for allan.......It's a yam at work whos related to charlie mulgrew

Griffiths in the paper this morning saying Celtc are the only team for him and he's never wanted to leave.

andrew70
22-01-2015, 12:01 PM

I'd be very surprised at this. Leigh has been told the strikers spot is his now and will definitely the start the next three games. (From last night anyway.) I took from this that Guidetti must be on his way out and that Celtic don't plan to sign another striker in this window.

FWIW I'd take Leigh back in a heartbeat but I'd also genuinely like to see him do well there. Hate Celtic but after the stick Leigh has received he has won over the management team through sheer determination to succeed so I hope he goes on to score loads, except against us, if we get back up.

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 01:56 PM

Which is fair enough and completely his prerogative however personally wouldnt rule out a change of mind if we go up and there maybe isnt massive interest from elsewhere.

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Which is fair enough and completely his prerogative however personally wouldnt rule out a change of mind if we go up and there maybe isnt massive interest from elsewhere.

I've no issue with him wanting to better himself. I'm a Hibs fan but if there was a choice between them and a bigger club I know where I'd be! Good that he has ambition to play at a higher level if you ask me and if we go up and he does change his mind then superb! Personally speaking id say he won't be here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
22-01-2015, 02:01 PM
I've no issue with him wanting to better himself. I'm a Hibs fan but if there was a choice between them and a bigger club I know where I'd be! Good that he has ambition to play at a higher level if you ask me and if we go up and he does change his mind then superb! Personally speaking id say he won't be here.

Them :confused::greengrin

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Them :confused::greengrin

Maybe not that lot [emoji16]

Borderhibbie76
22-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Personally id rather keep Scott Allan and wouldn't consider swapping him for Griffiths

Weststandwanab
22-01-2015, 03:43 PM
We've got bigger problems than Scott Allan if we don't go up.

How do we know Celtc weren't keeping an eye on AS?

I think that is a distinct possibility but would think McNamara Junior will be the next manger particuarly as United players seem to be on their way there.

Personally id rather keep Scott Allan and wouldn't consider swapping him for Griffiths

I would agree 100%

jacomo
22-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Griffiths in the paper this morning saying Celtc are the only team for him and he's never wanted to leave.

LG has never been on a Hibs contract, and we can't offer him the rewards on offer at Celtc. As a pro footballer, he's doing the right thing.

snooky
22-01-2015, 09:00 PM
LG has never been on a Hibs contract, and we can't offer him the rewards on offer at Celtc. As a pro footballer, he's doing the right thing.

Alas, Leigh's gone gone gone .... time to move on on on.

:chop:

Heisenberg
22-01-2015, 09:01 PM

Of course he is. Becoming a bit too Celtc minded for me to like him any more though :greengrin

Zazu62
22-01-2015, 10:13 PM
LG got 35k for his Christmas bonus so no wonder he likes being at Celtic

NOLA
22-01-2015, 10:55 PM
LG got 35k for his Christmas bonus so no wonder he likes being at Celtic

just about covers his child maintenance then :greengrin

Thecat23
22-01-2015, 10:58 PM
just about covers his child maintenance then :greengrin

😄

keep the faith
23-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Of course he is. Becoming a bit too Celtc minded for me to like him any more though :greengrin

His attempts to suck up to their support has certainly put him down in my estimations.

woodythehibee
23-01-2015, 08:47 AM
His attempts to suck up to their support has certainly put him down in my estimations.
He seems determined to win them over. Not nice reading for us hibees though

number9dream
23-01-2015, 09:27 AM

It makes sense for McGeouch to wait and assess his options in the summer when he will be a free agent.
I'm sure Hibs will offer him something if he stays fit but a lot will depend on what league we are in.
Not sure any other Scottish team could offer him much more in wages bar Aberdeen or, dare I say, our neighbours, but if an English side comes in we won't be able to compete. He seems happy at ER and had a miserable time under big Elvis at Coventry, so you never know it could just work out but you'd have to think it's a long shot...
Glad we have Allan & Malonga on longer deals. No way we should be considering any offers under £1.5m for either player!