PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: COERVER CLINIC STAGED AT HIBERNIAN

RSS Bot
20-01-2015, 04:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5126)

worcesterhibby
20-01-2015, 07:43 PM
good stuff, I'm loving all the positive, forward thinking news coming out of ER these days:thumbsup:

monktonharp
20-01-2015, 11:52 PM
right then. whatever happened to the boys club system then? Hutchie/Salvie /.Edina etc all producing players of the future over the years. do scouts still watch their games?

Tinribs
21-01-2015, 12:34 AM
right then. whatever happened to the boys club system then? Hutchie/Salvie /.Edina etc all producing players of the future over the years. do scouts still watch their games?

Bloody hope so, or we are in a bad way as a football city :(

monktonharp
21-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Bloody hope so, or we are in a bad way as a football city :(:agree: only trying to stimulate the debate on this, mate. seems like the club are saying this new project is the way to go though, naw? or am I misreading the whole thing?

hibbysam
21-01-2015, 03:40 AM
:agree: only trying to stimulate the debate on this, mate. seems like the club are saying this new project is the way to go though, naw? or am I misreading the whole thing?

This isnt a new initiative, coerver has been around for years and is a great way of developing skills in young footballers, but also learns them about the ethics of off field stuff like diets fitness and tactics etc... I went through various courses when I was a boy and it's the most helpful course I was ever on...

Ozyhibby
21-01-2015, 06:30 AM
:agree: only trying to stimulate the debate on this, mate. seems like the club are saying this new project is the way to go though, naw? or am I misreading the whole thing?

Yes. Coerver is an add on to what the boys do at their clubs. It's a very technical training program that focuses on individual skill in 1v1 situations.
Club football is more concerned with overall team play.
Players need both.
Coerver has been about for years (John Collins did it as a teenager and still raves about it).
This is a way for the club to reach out to every football playing kid in Edinburgh. It's saying, keep playing with your clubs but here is some extra training that can help your technical ability.
I'm sure Leeann Dempster said when she started that she wanted to see a lot more kids wearing Hibs gear around town? I'm sure that every kid attending these camps will be handed a Hibs t-shirt to train in.
Personally, I've always believed that if it involves football in Edinburgh, then Hibs should be all over it. It's our core business.
This is a good chance to start that process.

greenwell glory
21-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Yes. Coerver is an add on to what the boys do at their clubs. It's a very technical training program that focuses on individual skill in 1v1 situations.
Club football is more concerned with overall team play.
Players need both.
Coerver has been about for years (John Collins did it as a teenager and still raves about it).
This is a way for the club to reach out to every football playing kid in Edinburgh. It's saying, keep playing with your clubs but here is some extra training that can help your technical ability.
I'm sure Leeann Dempster said when she started that she wanted to see a lot more kids wearing Hibs gear around town? I'm sure that every kid attending these camps will be handed a Hibs t-shirt to train in.
Personally, I've always believed that if it involves football in Edinburgh, then Hibs should be all over it. It's our core business.
This is a good chance to start that process.

I was on this course, the merits of Coerver coaching for me are not up for debate, all the top clubs in the world use it, Man Utd and Chelsea to mention a few. John Collins is a big ambassador in Scotland. However its the fact Hibs are now opening up their doors and the enthusiasm, professionalism and direction of the Hibs staff that impressed me most.

For years I've had my kids coming in from school and telling me there was a boy from Hearts showing us football skills at PE and wondering why the hell Hibs can't do that, well times are changing and good things are coming.

There were representatives from Hearts, Stenhousmuir Academy (more professional than you might think) and many Boys clubs from Edinburgh and the Lothians on the course, all welcomed in by Hibs and the new partnership with Coerver.

The training facility and infrastructure is slowly awakening, its like we have had shiny new car and no bugger had a clue how to drive or maintain it. Now we have a guy in Alan Stubbs who has drove one of these cars for 10 years an know exactly how it works, he is employing top mechanics with an eye for detail.

We are where we are but I feel a lot more positive about our club than I have in years, you can't help but be impressed, people make success and the right people are slowly flowing into Hibs veins once again!!!

GGTTH

Ozyhibby
21-01-2015, 09:49 AM
I was on this course, the merits of Coerver coaching for me are not up for debate, all the top clubs in the world use it, Man Utd and Chelsea to mention a few. John Collins is a big ambassador in Scotland. However its the fact Hibs are now opening up their doors and the enthusiasm, professionalism and direction of the Hibs staff that impressed me most.

For years I've had my kids coming in from school and telling me there was a boy from Hearts showing us football skills at PE and wondering why the hell Hibs can't do that, well times are changing and good things are coming.

There were representatives from Hearts, Stenhousmuir Academy (more professional than you might think) and many Boys clubs from Edinburgh and the Lothians on the course, all welcomed in by Hibs and the new partnership with Coerver.

The training facility and infrastructure is slowly awakening, its like we have had shiny new car and no bugger had a clue how to drive or maintain it. Now we have a guy in Alan Stubbs who has drove one of these cars for 10 years an know exactly how it works, he is employing top mechanics with an eye for detail.

We are where we are but I feel a lot more positive about our club than I have in years, you can't help but be impressed, people make success and the right people are slowly flowing into Hibs veins once again!!!

GGTTH

I agree but I think it's George Craig at the wheel.
Stenhousemuir's set up is indeed impressive.

Brightside
21-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Its another way to try and get young kids into the club. Not sure what ages they are aiming at but im really not a fan of young kids going to pro clubs.

bob12345
21-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Its another way to try and get young kids into the club. Not sure what ages they are aiming at but im really not a fan of young kids going to pro clubs.

Surely if pro clubs can offer the right environment, it's more beneficial for future stars to be coached by professionals than dads at the earliest opportunity? How professional clubs handle the young players (too much pressure, not enough enjoyment, in many cases), is another issue to solve altogether.

Brightside
21-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Surely if pro clubs can offer the right environment, it's more beneficial for future stars to be coached by professionals than dads at the earliest opportunity? How professional clubs handle the young players (too much pressure, not enough enjoyment, in many cases), is another issue to solve altogether.

Not for me. let them develop in boys clubs. good players will always end up at clubs with decent coaches who will let them develop. Pro clubs are sausauge factories for young talent - especially at a young age. Kids taken in then dropped after a matter of months. That can kill a kids confidence and put him off football for live. PLenty time for pro clubs once they hit teenage years.

Ozyhibby
21-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Not for me. let them develop in boys clubs. good players will always end up at clubs with decent coaches who will let them develop. Pro clubs are sausauge factories for young talent - especially at a young age. Kids taken in then dropped after a matter of months. That can kill a kids confidence and put him off football for live. PLenty time for pro clubs once they hit teenage years.

The intention is to leave the boys playing for their clubs as long as possible and just train with Hibs a couple of times a week.

ancient hibee
21-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Unfortunately the first duty of club employees is to get the best young players into the club.For most of the kids this will not be the most beneficial but it will be for outstanding talents.Pat Fenlon said at the AGM a couple of years ago that there was a huge failure at Hibs to get hold of the really good 10 year olds and that if you didn't have them then you would pay the price later.