Did we not have high hopes for Todd?

Stubbs doesn't use wingers though

Winston Ingram
19-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Mulhall away as well I believe

Brightside
19-01-2015, 06:36 PM

Yep - that was the one that jumped out for me..but i noticed he;s not been in the team much.

Wilson
19-01-2015, 06:37 PM

Certainly his star seemed to be rising for a while going by the reports on here.

Just goes to show how difficult a task they face progressing from promising youngsters to first team players at Hibs - even in this division.

Smartie
19-01-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm really disappointed by that.

Didn't see much of them but was quite impressed by them both (Gardiner and Todd) at Vale of Leithen and had hoped they would have pushed for first team places.

Stubbs (I would imagine from his time at Everton) will know a youngster who has a chance of making it so I guess we've got to trust him on this one.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 06:42 PM

I'm surprised at this. Hibs had great hopes for him prior to his injury

Brightside
19-01-2015, 06:43 PM

Really? After they spent so long gettgin him back to fitness?

Hermit Crab
19-01-2015, 06:43 PM

I hope not. Great potential.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2015, 06:49 PM
I'm surprised at this. Hibs had great hopes for him prior to his injury

Not wishing to be that guy but..... the chat in the pub pre match on Saturday was that it was off field as opposed to onfield that was the problem with Cody.

No more information that that. Just heard it wasn't football issues.

Stewboy
19-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Every year we are surprised by some of the kids let go, however howany actually leave and do better than Hibs?

Got to trust the judgement of those who see them day in day out I guess

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Not wishing to be that guy but..... the chat in the pub pre match on Saturday was that it was off field as opposed to onfield that was the problem with Cody.

He's not mentioned in the Hibs statement

Pretty Boy
19-01-2015, 06:52 PM
He's not mentioned in the Hibs statement

He's probably not then. The gossip in the pub is usually pish.

Blaster
19-01-2015, 06:55 PM

Heard the same

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 06:57 PM
He's probably not then. The gossip in the pub is usually pish.

Not necessarily, must be some foundation. Joe McBride said on Hibs TV that he had to work harder

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Surprised by this news. Must be tough getting that close then not quite making the final step up.

007 Mickey Weir
19-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Strange time of season to offload so many youngsters.

oconnors_strip
19-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Not necessarily, must be some foundation. Joe McBride said on Hibs TV that he had to work harder

Think cody has probably had a warning and talking to from the coaches to up his game otherwise he is next out the door.

Very disappointed about Gardiner being released as I thought he had the potential. I'm friends with his family so will post any progress on here

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 07:16 PM
Strange time of season to offload so many youngsters.

George Craig said at the Hibs.net visit in December that we had good under 17's and under 15's. They are keen for the under 17's to get game time at under 20 level towards the end of this season. Gives them a head start for next season. Ben Stirling played for the 20's last week

erin go bragh
19-01-2015, 07:23 PM

The guy who sits next to me has been raving about Mulhall . You sure he is away WI .

Ggtth

fishybeaver
19-01-2015, 07:25 PM
AI have seen the U20 about six times this season and usually Stanton and Harris have been standouts compared to the rest. Think the step up is way bigger than a lot of us appreciate. Good luck to the lads anyway

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Think cody has probably had a warning and talking to from the coaches to up his game otherwise he is next out the door.

Very disappointed about Gardiner being released as I thought he had the potential. I'm friends with his family so will post any progress on here
I've sat beside Tom's mum and dad at a few games. Nice family

West hamBERNIAN
19-01-2015, 07:31 PM

My dad was at most of pre season and said he looked fantastic at times. Was really surprised to hear he'd been released.

Brightside
19-01-2015, 07:31 PM

Cody back in Ireland

easty
19-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Every year we are surprised by some of the kids let go, however howany actually leave and do better than Hibs?

Got to trust the judgement of those who see them day in day out I guess

Aye. Wasn't it the 2 full backs last season? Black and somebody.

Winston Ingram
19-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Mulhall is definitely going. He's probably yet to agree a settlement on his deal hence the reason he's not in the announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if he played tomorrow as we've left ourselves short of bodies.

It's a shame as he's a cracking talent. This is the guy that Roy Keane called personally when he was out injured.

He's probably not at his fittest which isn't a huge surprise as he's only been back 3 mths. With 2 full time fitness and conditioning coaches you would have thought they'd have been a bit more patient

Brooster
19-01-2015, 07:49 PM
I also heard this was a non footballing decision.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2015, 07:50 PM
I have never seen the kids games, but from folk that have it appeared Mulhall was one who might make the breakthrough.

I suppose you just need to trust those who see them every day and know what's coming through behind them.

Bronson
19-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I was told last week all 4 were leaving, in fact, I was told quite a lot of the u20s were leaving, but they 4 were the specific names mentioned to me.

Strange as I thought all 4 were among our brightest talents, bit of a shame that.

oconnors_strip
19-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Cody back in Ireland

Yeah I know that and so does anyone else who uses Twitter :wink:

Pretty Boy
19-01-2015, 08:00 PM
I was told last week all 4 were leaving, in fact, I was told quite a lot of the u20s were leaving, but they 4 were the specific names mentioned to me.

Strange as I thought all 4 were among our brightest talents, bit of a shame that.

Craig Flanagan said at the open night that a lot of the 20s weren't were they should be development wise. He said that those that do make it will do so because of natural talent and said this is something they are already addressing with the younger age groups. We watched the under 14s (I think) going theough a running drill and he said most of them could outperform a fair few of the 20s at it.

Whilst he didn't say so, he strongly hinted these issues were down to the last 2 or 3 management regimes.

Bronson
19-01-2015, 08:04 PM
Craig Flanagan said at the open night that a lot of the 20s weren't were they should be development wise. He said that those that do make it will do so because of natural talent and said this is something they are already addressing with the younger age groups.

Whilst he didn't say so, he strongly hinted these issues were down the last 2 or 3 management regimes.

Management of the 20s or first team? I thought James McDonaugh was very well thought of so I can only assume it's down to first team management. Maybe for not bleeding enough of them in, or because those that were given a chance were more or less chucked in the deep end.

J-C
19-01-2015, 08:11 PM
I think the set up with McDonaugh had the lads playing nice football but their development re getting ready to make the next step into 1st team was way below standard, too soft mentally and physically. The set up nowadays is for very fit, hard working pro's with good ethics on and off the pitch.

AlbertK86
19-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Aye. Wasn't it the 2 full backs last season? Black and somebody.

Ryan Baptie

since90plustwo
19-01-2015, 08:16 PM
very surprising, completely trust stubbs' and may's judgement.

Ronniekirk
19-01-2015, 08:25 PM
George Craig said at the Hibs.net visit in December that we had good under 17's and under 15's. They are keen for the under 17's to get game time at under 20 level towards the end of this season. Gives them a head start for next season. Ben Stirling played for the 20's last week
And presumably frees up Thier wages to go towards another first team squad player

Ozyhibby
19-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Are any of these lads the u20's right back? Wondering why he has not had a look in ahead of the left footed Booth.

3pm
19-01-2015, 10:00 PM
I also heard this was a non footballing decision.

Heard he wanted to change the badge next season. #140

Stuarty27
19-01-2015, 10:03 PM
I only saw Todd once in a pre season game at Berwick and thot he looked great, surprised at the rapid decline.

He was being touted on here as the best talent since John Collins :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2015, 10:08 PM
It happens every season, and to be fair Cummings has come in and made the breakthrough which is probably as good as it gets most years with talent from the kids.

Add in Stanton who's on the fringe and its not a bad return. Good luck to those that have been released, i hope they get a club and have a career in the game. :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Are any of these lads the u20's right back? Wondering why he has not had a look in ahead of the left footed Booth.

No. Gardiner is a centre half and Todd and McCaffrey are forwards

J-C
19-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Mulhall is definitely going. He's probably yet to agree a settlement on his deal hence the reason he's not in the announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if he played tomorrow as we've left ourselves short of bodies.

It's a shame as he's a cracking talent. This is the guy that Roy Keane called personally when he was out injured.

He's probably not at his fittest which isn't a huge surprise as he's only been back 3 mths. With 2 full time fitness and conditioning coaches you would have thought they'd have been a bit more patient

How long do you think it takes to get fit ffs, that's enough time.

Winston Ingram
19-01-2015, 10:33 PM
How long do you think it takes to get fit ffs, that's enough time.

Calm yersel. I bow to your expert medical opinion on how long it takes each individual player to recover from a serious injury:thumbsup:

Mikey09
19-01-2015, 10:51 PM
We played there EOS side twice last season and the 3 who stuck out for me were Taylor Hendrie, Aaron Dunsmore and Lewis Allan....

oconnors_strip
19-01-2015, 10:54 PM

No, gardiner is left sided centre half, mccaffrey and Todd wingers/forwards

andrew70
19-01-2015, 11:17 PM

Aaron Dunsmore is the Dev teams RB! Decent player for only being 18. I actually thought he'd been substituted last week with a view to appearing on Saturday.

I am kind of glad he wasn't though. I mentioned on another thread that I rarely leave a Dev team game talking about him but being a defender I always think that's a good thing. One who does very little wrong in games and with the right coaching, temperament and attitude I think he could be a first team player. At this moment I think he's better in the Dev. team doing just that, developing. Sometimes I think we can heap unnecessary pressure on our young players. Yes, if they are good enough, they are old enough but I feel especially lately that we are clinging on in the hope that the younger players will be the ones to make us smile about Hibernian again.

I think Aaron, along with Crane, Martin, Allan and Hendry all have a great chance of progressing. Also Stanton, Handling and Harris are still extremely young and I look forward to Stubbs coaching them in to becoming top players for Hibs.

J-C
20-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Calm yersel. I bow to your expert medical opinion on how long it takes each individual player to recover from a serious injury:thumbsup:

I am calm and if you'd read some of the posts more thoroughly, you would have seen he has a discipline problem re his training, talented lad but was given an ultimatum by the coaching staff.

Winston Ingram
20-01-2015, 08:52 AM
I am calm and if you'd read some of the posts more thoroughly, you would have seen he has a discipline problem re his training, talented lad but was given an ultimatum by the coaching staff.

Aye, cos a supporters Internet forum is a bastion of truth and knowledge😂👍

PeterboroHibee
20-01-2015, 09:16 AM
Never nice to see young guys getting released, particularly when they seem so close to the first team. The best of luck to them whatever they do next.

As for the general decision, I cant really fault any of the changes we have seem at the club so far, so hopefully restructuring the youth setup will be beneficial long term.

flash
20-01-2015, 09:41 AM
Aye, cos a supporters Internet forum is a bastion of truth and knowledge

It was when you were leaking lots of stuff last year. Now why don't you do that anymore?

Lurkio
20-01-2015, 10:45 AM
I've heard that Aaron Scott may have been signed from the Yams. 17 year old and plays centre mid. Has played for Scotland at U16 and U17.

Nevi_SOL
20-01-2015, 11:09 AM
We played there EOS side twice last season and the 3 who stuck out for me were Taylor Hendrie, Aaron Dunsmore and Lewis Allan....

im the same played them twice aswell and agree with the 3 players mentioned young scott martin was a stand out for his age aswell

Billychaotic182
20-01-2015, 11:14 AM
For me Scott Martin will be the one to break through. Maybe even Lewis Allan. I think the jump up is harder than we would think. Look it Byrne he was great at under 20s but where is he now? Same with Damon Grey. I do think Todd should have been given more time however as he looked good preseason.

Winston Ingram
20-01-2015, 11:59 AM
It was when you were leaking lots of stuff last year. Now why don't you do that anymore?

I think you've accidentally backed my point there. This time last year the massive majority thought Terry Butcher was a great manager.

Hibby Bairn
20-01-2015, 12:01 PM
It happens every season, and to be fair Cummings has come in and made the breakthrough which is probably as good as it gets most years with talent from the kids.

Add in Stanton who's on the fringe and its not a bad return. Good luck to those that have been released, i hope they get a club and have a career in the game. :thumbsup:

Maybe says a lot that Cummings has broken through despite not being part of Hibs youth set up.

J-C
20-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Aye, cos a supporters Internet forum is a bastion of truth and knowledge

By all accounts Mulhall was probably the most talented youngster on our books, he's recently recovered from a bad injury, they've gave him every opportunity to get back to where he was a year ago and he hasn't taken that chance and has been let go, says enough about him rather than the new management.

Lurkio
20-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Maybe says a lot that Cummings has broken through despite not being part of Hibs youth set up.

Cummings was released by the Yams following a a season out with injury and was only just getting back to fitness when he was jettisoned without being offered a full time contract. At the time, he also played in the same position as Sam Nicholson who they kept on and has subsequently "made it"

jdships
20-01-2015, 12:28 PM
Was introduced to McC a few months ago and was impressed with his attitude to his career and the way forward .
A nice young man !!
Sorry to see it didn't work out

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2015, 12:47 PM

I knew we'd taken him after he was released from the gimps, but i'm pretty sure he was knocking them in left right and centre for the under 20s last season and the season before.

brog
20-01-2015, 12:58 PM
This doesn't come as a complete surprise. I'd noticed in recent weeks that these 4 players were getting far less game time than at start of season. It would appear Joe McB didn't rate them as highly as James McD did. A shame really because all 4 had interesting & varied backgrounds, Irish football, Spurs & Scottish public schools team IIRC. I wish them all well in their future careers with the caveat that they don't come back to haunt us!

Mikey09
20-01-2015, 01:13 PM
For me Scott Martin will be the one to break through. Maybe even Lewis Allan. I think the jump up is harder than we would think. Look it Byrne he was great at under 20s but where is he now? Same with Damon Grey. I do think Todd should have been given more time however as he looked good preseason.

You have hit the nail on the head mate. I think a lot of people are unaware the step up from 20's to first team is huge. Personally I would love to see us farm our more promising youngsters out to lower league clubs for maybe half a season to get them playing against and with seasoned pros. Just my personal opinion.

oconnors_strip
20-01-2015, 01:31 PM
I knew we'd taken him after he was released from the gimps, but i'm pretty sure he was knocking them in left right and centre for the under 20s last season and the season before.

Jason signed summer 2013 and played for under 20s and east of scotland side and scored about 35 goals (need to check stats for exact figure) aswell as being with the first team.

Iain G
20-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Jason signed summer 2013 and played for under 20s and east of scotland side and scored about 35 goals (need to check stats for exact figure) aswell as being with the first team.

Some yams on the EEN thread about how disgraceful it is the way we are treating these youngsters, someone needs to mention the words Jason + Cummings to them I think...fuds! :greengrin

Pretty Boy
20-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Some yams on the EEN thread about how disgraceful it is the way we are treating these youngsters, someone needs to mention the words Jason + Cummings to them I think...fuds! :greengrin

It was pretty disgraceful how they treated the Scottish Ambulance Service, their own Big Hearts charity and several small businesses.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2015, 02:07 PM

:agree:

Lurkio
20-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I've heard that Aaron Scott may have been signed from the Yams. 17 year old and plays centre mid. Has played for Scotland at U16 and U17.

Hearts have confirmed that Aaron has left the club, so it seems that it is open for Hibs to sign him.

Brightside
21-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Mulhall away also.