PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Championship: play-off dates

emerald green
19-01-2015, 04:47 PM
Not being presumptuous in any way here, but assuming Hibs achieve a play-off place, whether it's 2nd, 3rd or 4th, does anyone know what the various play-off dates are?

If these dates have not been confirmed / announced yet, does anyone know when that's likely to happen?

Thanks.

3pm
19-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Nothing available.

I am not sure it will be announced until things become clearer in the Scottish Cup.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Not being presumptuous in any way here, but assuming Hibs achieve a play-off place, whether it's 2nd, 3rd or 4th, does anyone know what the various play-off dates are?

If these dates have not been confirmed / announced yet, does anyone know when that's likely to happen?

Thanks.

Mikey had a thread on this a few weeks ago. There's nothing confirmed on the SPL website under key dates. The championship finishes on 2nd May, so would expect 3rd/4th to play the week after. The Premiership doesn't finish until 23rd, so winners of 2nd/3rd/4th won't be able to meet until the midweek after that and the following Sunday I presume (30th May)
The only complication would be if the wonders of the championship playoff/or 2nd bottom of the premiership get to the cup final. This is due to be played on the 30th May as well!!!

emerald green
19-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Nothing available.

I am not sure it will be announced until things become clearer in the Scottish Cup.

Mikey had a thread on this a few weeks ago. There's nothing confirmed on the SPL website under key dates. The championship finishes on 2nd May, so would expect 3rd/4th to play the week after. The Premiership doesn't finish until 23rd, so winners of 2nd/3rd/4th won't be able to meet until the midweek after that and the following Sunday I presume (30th May)
The only complication would be if the wonders of the championship playoff/or 2nd bottom of the premiership get to the cup final. This is due to be played on the 30th May as well!!!

Thanks for this guys. :aok: I just don't want to be away if and when these matches take place.

I know some folk who go away on holidays during May, and I'm sure Hibs fans from all over the country and overseas would also perhaps want to plan ahead to try to take in one or more of these matches.

Spike Mandela
19-01-2015, 05:37 PM
On another point have you noticed that should a Championship club reach the Scottish cup final their league season would finish a full 4 weeks before the final.

Edit...must read all previous posts more carefully.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2015, 06:04 PM
On another point have you noticed that should a Championship club reach the Scottish cup final their league season would finish a full 4 weeks before the final.

When. Not should 😊

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2015, 11:27 AM

We'll have the play-offs to take our minds of the Final at least.

CallumLaidlaw
20-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Here was last seasons dates -

Saturday May 3 – Championship fixture round 36

Tuesday May 6 – Championship 4 v Championship 3

Wednesday May 7 – Premiership fixture round 37

Saturday May 10 – Championship 3 v Championship 4

Saturday May 10 – Premiership (bottom six) fixture round 38

Tuesday May 13 – Championship 3 or 4 v Championship 2

Wednesday May 14 – UEFA Europa League Final

Saturday May 17 – Scottish Cup Final

Sunday May 18 – Championship 2 v Championship 3 or 4

Wednesday May 21 – Championship 2 or 3 or 4 v Premiership 11

Saturday May 24 – UEFA Champions League Final

Sunday May 25 – Premiership 11 v Championship 2 or 3 or 4

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-play-off-dates-confirmed/#76rE8AzZEHM6yP2y.99