PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

Saturday Boy
18-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm not a fan of the show, but I watched it tonight to see the Hibs goals. I thought Pat Bonnner was good as a pundit, giving credit to fellow professionals after each game, and very positive comments about Alan Stubbs. Mikey Stewart looked gutted though, or maybe that's just his funny eyes?

Billychaotic182
18-01-2015, 10:31 PM
They didn't have the bottle to call out rangers fans violent attack on hearts fans

Mon_the_cabbage
18-01-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm not a fan of the show, but I watched it tonight to see the Hibs goals. I thought Pat Bonnner was good as a pundit, giving credit to fellow professionals after each game, and very positive comments about Alan Stubbs. Mikey Stewart looked gutted though, or maybe that's just his funny eyes?

I agree, I've not watched it in months but tuned in tonight.

If you have the time (he he) you can watch the full game here http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv/video/319

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Quite strange seeing the cameras over in the East stand again

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Also, was that Leigh throwing his strip into the Celtic fans after the game? We didn't even get that. I recall him taking his strip off at Tynecastle(new year 0-0) but then keeping it and throwing us his sweaty white t shirt that he had on under it.
He really is desperate to fit in through there.

SaulGoodman
18-01-2015, 10:53 PM
We were actually getting complimented for once. And our manager was getting praised.

Changed days

The_Exile
18-01-2015, 11:07 PM
How come the camera's are being housed in the East again?

SaulGoodman
18-01-2015, 11:15 PM

So I can see myself during the highlights again.

greenginger
18-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Probably because of the New Club - still Scotland's shame banner in section 43 at the Huns game :greengrin

ekhibee
18-01-2015, 11:33 PM
To be fair I know several people who've met Pat Bonner and every one of them said he's just a genuinely nice bloke who'll chat to anybody. Although he obviously has Celtic leanings, he's always come across well. Stewart is usually more abrasive, although often he is worth listening to as well. Sportscene is better IMO when the people invited on it actually contribute something rather than nothing at all or just agreeing with Sutherland all the time.

Haymaker
19-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Also, was that Leigh throwing his strip into the Celtic fans after the game? We didn't even get that. I recall him taking his strip off at Tynecastle(new year 0-0) but then keeping it and throwing us his sweaty white t shirt that he had on under it.

He kept his Hibs kit because it means more to him than that ****ing rag he currently wears.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2015, 07:23 AM

Did he not hand his boots over to someone after the cup final (iirc he did or tried to after the Falkirk semi)

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2015, 08:12 AM
Did he not hand his boots over to someone after the cup final (iirc he did or tried to after the Falkirk semi)

Possibly mate. I recall him swapping strips with a Falkirk player after extra time. Not sure about boots as I was at the other end of the ground.
Just feel he is trying awful hard to please a support that, on the whole, have been horrible to him since he signed.

hibees 7062
19-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Not a mention of the leagues top scorers 6 goals in 5 games :rolleyes:

Waxy
19-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Camara much better in the west. Move it back.

NadeAteMyLunch!
19-01-2015, 10:00 AM

Agreed. At least the East looks a bit busier on TV. West lower looks empty!

erin go bragh
19-01-2015, 12:51 PM

Were winning , so keep the cameras in the East . 8-)

Ggtth

Brightside
19-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Agreed. At least the East looks a bit busier on TV. West lower looks empty!

Does it? The East looks empty from the West side. I only thought the West was empty at the corners.

Deansy
19-01-2015, 01:14 PM
They didn't have the bottle to call out rangers fans violent attack on hearts fans

It's more likely BBC Scot warned them not to - give him his due, Stewart isn't usually afraid to 'ruffle feathers' !

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Yet more evidence of Craig Thomson's spectacular incompetence on the programme tonight.

He's a Hearts **** and I couldn't possibly hate him any more than I do.

Sir David Gray
25-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Yet more evidence of Craig Thomson's spectacular incompetence on the programme tonight.

Unbelievable that he thought the ball had crossed the line in that incident.

How that man represents Scotland at international tournaments beggars belief.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 10:04 PM

Not to give the two penalty incidents (especially in light of the one he awarded Hearts in their game against Rangers at Tynie) was also astonishing.

Winston Ingram
25-01-2015, 10:08 PM

He 's utterly terrible🙈

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 10:14 PM
Still can't believe how poor Dundee Utd's crowds are - they are 4th in the league, 6 points off the top and 3 from 2nd place, have a young exciting team, the best home record in the division and have won 14 of their 23 matches. Added to that they are in the semi final of the league cup.

Just over seven thousand at Tannadice yesterday.

SaulGoodman
25-01-2015, 10:15 PM
No championship highlights tonight??

hibbysam
25-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Very impressed with Thompsons honesty on decisions in the St Mirren game especially after Teale's comments post match. He might feel a tad embarrassed looking back.

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 10:16 PM
No championship highlights tonight??

Was the only reason I tuned in!

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Very impressed with Thompsons honesty on decisions in the St Mirren game especially after Teale's comments post match. He might feel a tad embarrassed looking back.

I like Thompson but I do find it strange that they have a current player on the programme every week.

SaulGoodman
25-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Was the only reason I tuned in!

I don't get it, either show championship highlights or not! Don't pick and choose

Stevie Reid
25-01-2015, 10:23 PM
I don't get it, either show championship highlights or not! Don't pick and choose

Exactly. Given four of the top five were playing each other this weekend, it seems like a particularly strange week to miss.

Del Boy
25-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Still can't believe how poor Dundee Utd's crowds are - they are 4th in the league, 6 points off the top and 3 from 2nd place, have a young exciting team, the best home record in the division and have won 14 of their 23 matches. Added to that they are in the semi final of the league cup.

Just over seven thousand at Tannadice yesterday.

Dundee is a small city with two premier league teams. Both Dundee clubs get better crowds than Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts if you go by population of city.

SaulGoodman
25-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Exactly. Given four of the top five were playing each other this weekend, it seems like a particularly strange week to miss.

Hearts got beat

greenlex
25-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Huns game was cancelled. You don't really expect them to have an interest in the rest do you?

Deansy
25-01-2015, 11:02 PM

Hun weren't involved so more than likely camera-crews were given the weekend off.

hibees 7062
25-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Hearts got beat

So did the team guaranteed to finish third

Winston Ingram
26-01-2015, 07:24 AM

It's the fact there was absolutely no mention of it. Considering Hearts unbeaten record went as well just makes them look amateur

Alex Trager
26-01-2015, 07:38 AM
It's the fact there was absolutely no mention of it. Considering Hearts unbeaten record went as well just makes them look amateur

And considering they have creamed their pants about it this season.

BUT to be fair. That and the aberdeen love in can go unmentioned as far as I am concerned if it means both teams getting beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey09
26-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Watching Sportscene on the i player just now. How good is Michael O'Halleron for St Johnstone?? Really good player.

KeithTheHibby
26-01-2015, 12:47 PM

He is reffing the bigot derby on Sunday and I hope he has a mare the useless imcompetent Hearts cant that he is.