PDA

View Full Version : Fans leaving early

Winston Ingram
18-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Did anyone else notice the amount of Hibs fans in the east leave the game after 3rd & 4th goals?

It wasn't just 1 or 2, it was loads. I'm really struggling to work out why they would do this. We were cruising, looking like scoring more goals and they decided to leave with plenty of the game left :dunno:

keep the faith
18-01-2015, 12:04 PM
Did anyone else notice the amount of Hibs fans in the east leave the game after 3rd & 4th goals?

It was just 1 or 2 it was loads. I'm really struggling to work out why they would do this. We were cruising, looking like scoring more goals and they decided to leave with plenty of the game left :dunno:

I posted aabout this after the rangers game. It's embarrassing. Do people really need to get the the car/bus/pub 5 mins earlier?
Can we not spare 5 mins to applaud the team?

BoomtownHibees
18-01-2015, 12:04 PM

It was just 1 or 2 it was loads. I'm really struggling to work out why they would do this. We were cruising, looking like scoring more goals and they decided to leave with plenty of the game left :dunno:

Game was over, freezing, buses to catch, avoid the traffic?

Each to their own

Blaster
18-01-2015, 12:06 PM
We need to focus on getting back people who aren't going rather than worry about folk leaving early

lord bunberry
18-01-2015, 12:09 PM
I left at 3-0 I was absolutely freezing and I was getting bored. There was no atmosphere and Cowdenbeath were never going to score. The people around me moaning about us being dire when the score was 2-0 was also getting on my nerves a bit.

lord bunberry
18-01-2015, 12:10 PM
I posted aabout this after the rangers game. It's embarrassing. Do people really need to get the the car/bus/pub 5 mins earlier?

You must be easily embarrassed

Mr White
18-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Left not long before the 3rd, 4 year old had had enough. Heard the cheers for goals as we walked through lochend park.

DaveF
18-01-2015, 12:16 PM
I always stay to the end to boo the team off the park. I pay my money so need to get full value.

Andy74
18-01-2015, 12:19 PM

It's not sparing 5 mins though it's the 30 or 40 mins saved in getting away and on the road or the train. Getting stuck in the East then in traffic when you've other things to get on with makes a difference so leaving a wee bit early when you can helps.

That alright with you?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I'd say a fair %age of people descending the stairs from higher up the stands are making their way to seats nearer the exits which aids a quicker getaway at the final whistle. I've done it myself on occasion, and I reckon it can actually have a positive effect with more at ground level roaring on the team in a close encounter, versus Dumbarton in the cup as an example.

There, a positive out of a negative! :greengrin

HappyHibby93
18-01-2015, 12:20 PM
I always stay to the end to boo the team off the park. I pay my money so need to get full value.
:D I also like to make sure Liam Craig gets shouted at for being a big Diddy boy.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

HappyHibby93
18-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Don't think it's a big deal, I stay to the end, but every team has fans that leave early, especially when the game is over as a contest. Each to there own.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Oscar T Grouch
18-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Im in the "each to their own" camp, but it is weird that you come to a match and so many people want to leave before it's over. I tend to make sure that Saturday is my football day and have no where to be straight after a match. I like to wait til the end applaud the players and saunter the half mile home. I have left early when events conspire to mess up my football day, but I like it when the players come over and see you applauding them. Weirdly that makes me feel appreciated as a supporter.
people have got lives to lead out with the football so it's totally up to them.

southern hibby
18-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Gents I work night shift and normally leave the game at 75-80 minutes on the clock. I start at 5:30 so extra 10 minutes and beating the traffic is a necessity.
I do on occasions stay till the end but this makes the journey to work a race. The other alternative I have is not going to the game at all, which isn't even an option.

Away games are a nightmare as I go to them but just have to start late which isn't good as I'm self employed and it effects my weekly living wage, however again not attending is the other option but that's just not going to happen.

GGTTH

Fishwicke
18-01-2015, 12:40 PM
I sit in the east stand row x. At the end of the match the other stands have emptied while I can still be standing in row x. People in the rows behind me who stay to the end are last out of the stadium. If it was easier to leave this stand, I think more fans would stay to the end.

Beefster
18-01-2015, 12:41 PM
My old man and myself generally leave two minutes before the end of the game as he's registered disabled and likes to avoid the scrum at the final whistle. Hope that's okay with the time-of-leaving police.

If there's an application form or an assessment process that we/he need to complete, just let me know. We're not deliberately trying to break any rules.

Alternatively, start pulling us early leavers up as we exit too early and let your displeasure be known.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 12:58 PM
It's not sparing 5 mins though it's the 30 or 40 mins saved in getting away and on the road or the train. Getting stuck in the East then in traffic when you've other things to get on with makes a difference so leaving a wee bit early when you can helps.

That alright with you?

Better way of avoiding traffic is to not go into a place where there is likely to be congestion? Do you turn up really early or 10 mins after kick off to avoid it on the way in as well?

Andy74
18-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Better way of avoiding traffic is to not go into a place where there is likely to be congestion? Do you turn up really early 10 mins after kick off to avoid it on the way in as well?

Early contender for stupidest post of the year.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-01-2015, 01:01 PM
I left just before the 5th, I was freezing and couldn't wait to get into a nice warm home :-)

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Early contender for stupidest post of the year.

I wouldn't have thought so. There's a few folk on here who have said pay to watch football but don't like crowds of people.

bingo70
18-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Nobody needs to justify what time they left at. I left early but it's nobodies business why so I won't be explaining it.

Those hardy souls that stayed to the bitter end saw a goal that I didn't, that should be reward enough without winning some uber fan contest as well.

eezyrider
18-01-2015, 01:07 PM
The East Stand is a real pain to get out of at the full time whislte so I'm not surprised some decide to leave a few minutes early. If everyone stayed to the end it would be a nightmare. Fans in the other 3 stands are able to exit in a few minutes - several times I've been one of the last out of the stadium because of the way the exits are designed in the East. I'd hate to think what would happen if we needed to evacuate it in a hurry.

EZ

LaMotta
I left in the 8th minute cos I couldnt see us scoring and my toes were cold.

Traffic on the Bypass meant I was late getting to the game too, arriving 4 minutes after kick off.

The price of football is too high for the derisory entertainment im getting.

Danderhall Hibs
Nobody needs to justify what time they left at. I left early but it's nobodies business why so I won't be explaining it.

Those hardy souls that stayed to the bitter end saw a goal that I didn't, that should be reward enough without winning some uber fan contest as well.

I don't think it's about being an uber fan. It just doesn't seem logical to pay to watch your team and then not stay to watch.

Imagine leaving the cinema before the goodie gets the baddie or the girl? Only reason would be if you decided early on it was murder and you didn't care what the ending was?

bingo70
18-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't think it's about being an uber fan. It just doesn't seem logical to pay to watch your team and then not stay to watch.

Imagine leaving the cinema before the goodie gets the baddie or the girl? Only reason would be if you decided early on it was murder and you didn't care what the ending was?

Sure loads of folk leave the cinema early when it's a **** film.

Was great to win yesterday abd 5 goals is a bonus but imo it wasn't entertaining so I don't blame anyone for wanting to get away sharp/early.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 01:15 PM

Was great to win yesterday abd 5 goals is a bonus but imo it wasn't entertaining so I don't blame anyone for wanting to get away sharp/early.

I agree they do leave early in that case. I suspect they wouldn't leave when it's good (I.e team 3-0 up) or exciting (team in with a shout, maybe 1-1 or 2-1 up) though?

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Stayed to the end to applaud the players off the park but being honest, it was an absolute no contest. Cowdenbeath were a shambles of a team who had no interest in trying to score a goal and instead sat back and did nothing (even at two or three down). Cowdenbeath made no effort to make the game entertaining or interesting in any way.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Even although I generally don't do it, I totally understand people leaving early when we're getting humped. However I've always thought it to be a bit strange to leave a game early when your team's actually winning.

Would people leave a concert 20 minutes early so that they can avoid the crowds?

I should add that I have no problem with people who do leave early. You pay your money to get in, you can leave whenever you want. I just don't really get the reasoning behind leaving early just so you can avoid the crowds.

marinello59
18-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Who cares of people leave early or not? We won 5 - 0, I have nothing to complain about. :greengrin

hibbiedon
18-01-2015, 01:22 PM
I left at 6pm and avoided the traffic

Beefster
18-01-2015, 01:37 PM
I saw someone leave Ocean Terminal two minutes after arriving once. What was the point of leaving the house to only spend two minutes at the shops? I was embarrassed for the rest of the week - could the guy not have hung about for another 10 minutes, just for appearances?

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 01:49 PM

With you here Dave, nothing like a good booing at the end of the game and can normally pick out a player to taunt and tell him how pish he was during the game, and the fans around me say nothing to me at the time, think they run home and tell everyone on .net about the bad man at the game. :greengrin

3pm
18-01-2015, 01:52 PM
I left early yesterday. Never usually do but it was job done and went to beat the traffic.

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 01:53 PM

That alright with you?

:singing: "we can see you sneaking out, weeeee can see you sneaking out ".

Pretty Boy
18-01-2015, 01:55 PM
I usually stay until the end but I was sorely tempted to leave early yesterday.

It was absolutely freezing and a total no contest. Glad I stayed for the 5th goal though and I always like to applaud the team off when they put in a performance like the majority of yesterday.

The Gorf
18-01-2015, 01:55 PM

It wasn't just 1 or 2, it was loads. I'm really struggling to work out why they would do this. We were cruising, looking like scoring more goals and they decided to leave with plenty of the game left :dunno:

I left on 90 as I get fed up waiting at the top of the East for quarter of an hour to get down the stairs. Sorry :confused:

Albanian Hibs
18-01-2015, 02:00 PM
I left at 87 mins and missed the 5th goal. Big deal.

TAHibby
18-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Win like that every week and I'll happily wait an hour to get out

bod
18-01-2015, 02:03 PM
i'll keep the reason I left early to myself but will look forward to another thread like this after the Raith game

Alfred E Newman
18-01-2015, 02:10 PM
I usually stay until the end but I was sorely tempted to leave early yesterday.

It was absolutely freezing and a total no contest. Glad I stayed for the 5th goal though and I always like to applaud the team off when they put in a performance like the majority of yesterday.

Nothing to do with the debate about early leavers but let's get one thing straight, it was not "freezing" yesterday. Temp was well above freezing and no wind., good conditions for a game really.Put it this way, I have watched football in far worse conditions and a lot colder than yesterday.

Yuillsy
18-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Would you rather folk left 5 mins early or didn't bother going at all?
As some people have explained there are many reasons they left early, at the end of the day though the club has their money. Start being embarrassed when the folk who leave early don't turn up at all!

Real Emerald
18-01-2015, 02:19 PM
Would you rather folk left 5 mins early or didn't bother going at all?
As some people have explained there are many reasons they left early, at the end of the day though the club has their money. Start being embarrassed when the folk who leave early don't turn up at all!

100% this. It's no one elses business why people paying there hard earned money should have to justify why they left early to the emarrassment of others. Like others said it was over as a contest, freezing cold and my son had to be home sharp as he was going to a birthday bash. Just be happy these folk renewed their seasons this year.

Pretty Boy
18-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Nothing to do with the debate about early leavers but let's get one thing straight, it was not "freezing" yesterday. Temp was well above freezing and no wind., good conditions for a game really.Put it this way, I have watched football in far worse conditions and a lot colder than yesterday.

Easy Michael Fish.

I've watched football in colder as well but I've had a bit of a chest infection the last week and a bit so I was freezing yesterday despite being well wrapped up. Is that ok?

seanshow
18-01-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't mind waiting but if it's to be resolved firmer stewarding is what we need in the East especially at the end of the game.
It's only a problem because people stop in the last 10 yrds on the way down or at the actual exit, " Oh I'll just stand here and watch the last Two minutes"
If the Stewards encouraged people politely to gtf :greengrin and keep moving there wouldn't be so much of a delay....and us at the back wouldn't have to wait for 15 mins to get oot.

Stewards/Petrie :grr:

Hibby Bairn
18-01-2015, 02:21 PM

Eh no. It was baltic.

But I stayed till the end :)

HappyAsHellas
18-01-2015, 02:27 PM

When I got back to the car after full time, the temperature was -1, therefore, freezing.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-01-2015, 02:29 PM
I left in the 8th minute cos I couldnt see us scoring and my toes were cold.

Traffic on the Bypass meant I was late getting to the game too, arriving 4 minutes after kick off.

The price of football is too high for the derisory entertainment im getting.

Too right that's expensive, 20 odd notes for 4 minutes of fitba! :greengrin

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 02:33 PM
I left early yesterday. Never usually do but it was job done and went to beat the traffic.

Admit it, you were disappointed you didn't bump in to me and that was the reason you left early.

#guttedinevermetSdGP :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Plenty of folk left early to catch the bus and missed the fifth goal nothing wrong with that. My lad stayed until the end saw all the goals and told the folk on the same bus as him all about it! Nothing wrong with that either.

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Still in my seat, just waiting for the seagulls to leave first.

LaMotta
18-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Too right that's expensive, 20 odd notes for 4 minutes of fitba! :greengrin

Plus I had 2 pies, a cheeseburger, a rubbery pizza slice, a coffee, a bovril, a capri sun and a bag of crisps from the kiosk on the way out, which cost an extra 64 quid.

LaMotta
18-01-2015, 03:18 PM
I left at 87 mins and missed the 5th goal. Big deal.

How can you even sleep at night?! It must be hard enough sleeping with Bryan Mills potentially turning up and killing you with one karate chop to the shoulder.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2015, 03:18 PM
When I got back to the car after full time, the temperature was -1, therefore, freezing.

I would get your car thermometer checked out then as it was +2 degrees on mine. :greengrin

greenlex
18-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Is it not better to just not go than leave early?

Albanian Hibs
18-01-2015, 03:22 PM

What a load of *****

Pretty Boy
18-01-2015, 03:30 PM

I'm sure Hibs would be delighted at missing out on the £22.

erin go bragh
18-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Each to their own . Well done to the 8 thousand who did turn up yesterday . It was baltic but im happy as larry with a 5-0 win.more concerned with the lower crowds were getting than folk who are getting off their ***** and going but then to get it tight for leaving early . Fwiw i always stay and applaud the players off the park ( if i feel its merited)

Beefster
18-01-2015, 03:34 PM
I bet a number of posters on here spy on their neighbours so that they can tut like a sweetie-wife when they don't wash their alloys properly or they let their lawn get over an inch long.

matty_f
18-01-2015, 03:35 PM
I bet a number of posters on here spy on their neighbours so that they can tut like a sweetie-wife when they don't wash their alloys properly or they let their lawn get over an inch long.

That's not why I spy on her. I mean them.

givescotlandfreedom
18-01-2015, 03:42 PM
I left after 40 minutes to go to work, surely I must have been yesterday's first?

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Eh no. It was baltic.

But I stayed till the end :)

That's the spirit. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Plenty of folk left early to catch the bus and missed the fifth goal nothing wrong with that. My lad stayed until the end saw all the goals and told the folk on the same bus as him all about it! Nothing wrong with that either.

:smug: :tee hee:

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 03:55 PM

Just had a serious word with the neighbours about there alloys, what's the point in doing them if you don't get the bits at the top of the alloy, just not worth doing it if you don't do it right.

My grass is not ready to be cut yet.

The_Exile
18-01-2015, 03:58 PM
I think if it bothers a person that people leave early, said people either need a ride, or a hobby.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2015, 04:01 PM
I left early. It was freezing cold. I had to repeatedly stick my hands down the inside front of my trousers to warm up my genitals. When asked by a steward to refrain, I complained of the weather conditions and suggested that they might like to help out. Then I was asked by the police to remove myself from the stadium. No wonder attendances are poor. It would never happen at Tynecastle. I intend to write to the club on this matter.

cocopops1875
18-01-2015, 04:11 PM
I left after the 4th and was home in the house for 5.15pm, the game was poor, it was freezing and as someone who doesn't generally leave early I had seen enough, last week I stayed and got home a full hour later the exiting from the east is a shambles and then you are caught in traffic, but felt we could get something still so happily stayed. I also stayed after the Huns game as I felt the team deserved it.
However I pay my season ticket (and advertise on the screens in the concourse) so if I choose to turn up late, leave early or not turn up at all that's my choice and I will do whatever the u I want, thanks for sharing your thoughts though I will bare them in mind and mill them over while having my 7pm Dump

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Who started this stupid thread, bet it was one of prawn sanny brigade in the West who just sit there and moan at the players. :cb

SteveHFC
18-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Who started this stupid thread, bet it was one of prawn sanny brigade in the West who just sit there and moan at the players. :cb

:agree:

LaMotta
18-01-2015, 04:17 PM
I left after 40 minutes to go to work, surely I must have been yesterday's first?

Can you not read man! I left in the 8th minute as i said earlier. :na na:

Real Emerald
18-01-2015, 04:21 PM
I left after the 4th and was home in the house for 5.15pm, the game was poor, it was freezing and as someone who doesn't generally leave early I had seen enough, last week I stayed and got home a full hour later the exiting from the east is a shambles and then you are caught in traffic, but felt we could get something still so happily stayed. I also stayed after the Huns game as I felt the team deserved it.
However I pay my season ticket (and advertise on the screens in the concourse) so if I choose to turn up late, leave early or not turn up at all that's my choice and I will do whatever the u I want, thanks for sharing your thoughts though I will bare them in mind and mill them over while having my 7pm Dump

You better not leave too early from that!

Brightside
18-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Wow... This is staggering now. Its not entertaining? Winning 5-0. Ball moving at pace - all over the park. Will we get Butcher back so we can get away from this football.

jacomo
18-01-2015, 04:27 PM
I left early. It was freezing cold. I had to repeatedly stick my hands down the inside front of my trousers to warm up my genitals. When asked by a steward to refrain, I complained of the weather conditions and suggested that they might like to help out. Then I was asked by the police to remove myself from the stadium. No wonder attendances are poor. It would never happen at Tynecastle. I intend to write to the club on this matter.

I wouldn't trust a steward with such a responsibility. It requires sensivity and an ability to respond appropriately to the needs of others - neither are strong points.

Polis might have saved from an even more uncomfortable afternoon here.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 04:32 PM

It's definitely an option if you don't want to get stuck in a queue.

Brightside
18-01-2015, 04:33 PM

We have heated seats in the West.

Baldy
18-01-2015, 04:36 PM
I left after 87 mins yesterday, I was freezing and was bored, yes we were 4-0 up at the time but it was a woeful match, not atmosphere, no spirit and only thing I'm gutted about was that I missed Lewis' goal but I made the decision to go and as I normally stay to the end I don't feel bad about it

bingo70
18-01-2015, 04:36 PM
Wow... This is staggering now. Its not entertaining? Winning 5-0. Ball moving at pace - all over the park. Will we get Butcher back so we can get away from this football.

I didn't find it entertaining, in the same way I wouldn't find a testimonial entertaining if it finished 6-5!

Not a criticism of the players or management, I was just bored for long spells yesterday. I think that was down to the standard of opposition though.

ronaldo7
18-01-2015, 04:38 PM

I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to Scot rail telling them to change the timetables. Just not good enough:greengrin

Brightside
18-01-2015, 04:38 PM
I didn't find it entertaining, in the same way I wouldn't find a testimonial entertaining if it finished 6-5!

Not a criticism of the players or management, I was just bored for long spells yesterday. I think that was down to the standard of opposition though.

I loved it. and will happily watch games like that every week

The Green Goblin
18-01-2015, 04:43 PM
I wondered where the "thread where folk find something to bicker about with each other" was going to come from after that comfortable 5-0 win at home yesterday...and here we are. Thank god for that. I was starting to freak out at all the positivity. The poster who said we should be more worried about getting the folk who weren't there at all back was spot on.

bingo70
18-01-2015, 04:46 PM
I loved it. and will happily watch games like that every week

Good stuff.

I'd rather we got promoted and played better teams than that. Yesterday felt like a non event to me which is a shame for the players as they did all they could yesterday. That's the reality of where we are now though.

cocopops1875
18-01-2015, 04:48 PM
I wondered where the "thread where folk find something to bicker about with each other" was going to come from after that comfortable 5-0 win at home yesterday...and here we are. Thank god for that. I was starting to freak out at all the positivity. The poster who said we should be more worried about getting the folk who weren't there at all back was spot on.

It was only 4-0 when i left :greengrin

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 04:54 PM
We have heated seats in the West.

And i see the Board members get a nice Hibs tartan blanket as well. :rolleyes:

We are just fans. Who cares about us in the East.

matty_f
18-01-2015, 04:59 PM
I stopped reading this thread about five posts from the end. Not sure if that's frowned upon?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 05:15 PM
I stopped reading this thread about five posts from the end. Not sure if that's frowned upon?

Depends - if you're in a hurry to catch the early bus that's ok.

BroxburnHibee
18-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Who cares of people leave early or not? We won 5 - 0, I have nothing to complain about. :greengrin

It's the Dotnet way - got to moan about something :greengrin

Thecat23
18-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Who gives a **** when folk leave. Loads of folk have genuine reasons to go! I left at 3-0 yesterday because I couldn't feel my hands and feet! I watched the 4th and 5th on the highlights but I didn't give two hoots about missing them at the time as I seen 3 goals!

I pay my season ticket every year and when it's not feeling like -10 I usually stay! People need to get a life if folk leaving early is worrying them!!! Or maybe they are just super duper fans 👍👍

SteveHFC
18-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Who gives a **** when folk leave. Loads of folk have genuine reasons to go! I left at 3-0 yesterday because I couldn't feel my hands and feet! I watched the 4th and 5th on the highlights but I didn't give two hoots about missing them at the time as I seen 3 goals!

I pay my season ticket every year and when it's not feeling like -10 I usually stay! People need to get a life if folk leaving early is worrying them!!! Or maybe they are just super duper fans 

Think i'll stay until the end of every game to call myself a super duper fan. :greengrin

Thecat23
18-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Think i'll stay until the end of every game to call myself a super duper fan. :greengrin

😁

B.H.F.C
18-01-2015, 05:39 PM

In no way is it a criticism of Hibs, but I didn't particularly enjoy he game yesterday either. We were playing against absolutely nothing. It underlined for me how much we need to get promoted. Another year playing against teams like that without the games against Rangers and Hearts to break it up would be horrendous.

As I say, no criticism of the players as I'd gladly win 5-0 every week but it was so easy that it became boring.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Folk are dead touchy about this eh?

SteveHFC
18-01-2015, 05:43 PM

Think you should do the same mate incase you get called a part-timer.

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 05:46 PM

Think I might call you a super dup

Is that okay?

SteveHFC
18-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Think I might call you a super dup

Is that okay?

Yes :hyper

matty_f
18-01-2015, 06:17 PM

I pay my season ticket every year and when it's not feeling like -10 I usually stay! People need to get a life if folk leaving early is worrying them!!! Or maybe they are just super duper fans 👍👍

You had me at "who"...

emerald green
18-01-2015, 06:17 PM
What's the point of this thread?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:19 PM
What's the point of this thread?

What's the point of any thread?

matty_f
18-01-2015, 06:21 PM
What's the point of any thread?

Who let the dogs out?

MSK
18-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Folk are dead touchy about this eh?I couldn't make it yest & watched the results service on sky sports ..had to go upstairs to the cludgie with 5 mins tae go ...my Wife booed me & gave me dugs abuse when I came back down the stairs ..bitch !! :grr:

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:26 PM
I couldn't make it yest & watched the results service on sky sports ..had to go upstairs to the cludgie with 5 mins tae go ...my Wife booed me & gave me dugs abuse when I came back down the stairs ..bitch !! :grr:

On the plus side you didn't have to queue to get out of the toilet. Did you?

MSK
18-01-2015, 06:28 PM
On the plus side you didn't have to queue to get out of the toilet. Did you?Naw ..that 5 mins made a big difference ...:agree:

One Day
18-01-2015, 06:30 PM
I think if it bothers a person that people leave early, said people either need a ride, or a hobby.

Must you have both or can your hobby be riding

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:32 PM
Must you have both or can your hobby be riding

How often do you need to do something before it can be classed as a hobby?

matty_f
18-01-2015, 06:36 PM
How often do you need to do something before it can be classed as a hobby?

Does watching it online count?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:37 PM
Does watching it online count?

Is that not an addiction?

skipster7
18-01-2015, 06:39 PM
Not got a problem if folk leave early but if your going then go and don't stop in the aisle every time the ball crosses the half way line blocking my view ;-)

matty_f
18-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Is that not an addiction?

How often do you need to do it for it to be an addiction?

Thecat23
18-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Think you should do the same mate incase you get called a part-timer.

I'd say I am a part timer to be fair 😄

Thecat23
18-01-2015, 06:44 PM
You had me at "who"...

😄

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:48 PM
How often do you need to do it for it to be an addiction?

**** knows. More times than you do for it to be a hobby is my guess? Still waiting on the answer to the original question though. :I'm waiti:I'm waiti

iwasthere1972
18-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I normally stayed until the end but left about two minutes early. I had just got out the stadium when I realised that we had scored a fifth.

Gutted.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2015, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't trust a steward with such a responsibility. It requires sensivity and an ability to respond appropriately to the needs of others - neither are strong points.

Polis might have saved from an even more uncomfortable afternoon here.

We live and learn.

hibsdaft70
18-01-2015, 07:27 PM
My ST is in the second back row of the East, section 41. I hate getting stuck in the queue to get down the steps so sometimes leave my seat and watch the last couple of minutes in the rows at the front. It may look like I'm leaving early but I'm not.

3pm
18-01-2015, 07:38 PM
Admit it, you were disappointed you didn't bump in to me and that was the reason you left early.

#guttedinevermetSdGP :thumbsup:

Ha Ha! Next time!!

I did meet Suzy so that made up for it! :o)

FranckSuzy
18-01-2015, 07:46 PM
Ha Ha! Next time!!

:agree: :greengrin

Famous Fiver
18-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Always used to stay to the end but family member starts work up town at 5.30 so started moving to the bottom of the East with 5 mins to go o get a flying start when final whistle blows. Can take 20 mins to get out of the East if you hang back Many's the time tannoy has packed in for the night and the shutters are down in the tunnel and we are still waiting our turn to leave.

I recall a poll on here about a one or two tier stand and the received wisdom was a one tier was preferable, not least on cost grounds.

Seems like we shot ourselves In the foot when threads like this surface.

Mind you, did we leave early when beating Newco 4-0. Not bleeding likely!!!

Fans, eh?

lEXO
18-01-2015, 08:31 PM
I decided not to bother going. It saved me upsetting people by leaving early. No use giving the club much needed money then embarrassing them by leaving early eh?

FranckSuzy
18-01-2015, 08:33 PM
I've left this thread early. BOOOOOOOO!

Hibbyradge
18-01-2015, 09:49 PM
I love these threads.

I didn't want to get caught up in the traffic before or after the game so I didn't go.

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Ha Ha! Next time!!

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
18-01-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm just about to leave now, hope it's quietened down out there.

Seagulls still trying to get out as well.

Hibbyradge
18-01-2015, 11:32 PM
I just watched the highlights on the BBC in my livingroom.

I left after our third.

Cameron1875
18-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The decision to make one of the wee roads just off Marionville road one way makes it a nightmare to get back into town. Used to just nip down there, past Meadowbank then through the park.

Therefore a few of us leave on 85-90 mins to avoid getting stuck at the retail park. Hopefully that's acceptable:tin hat:

Hermit Crab
19-01-2015, 12:01 AM
20 pager

matty_f
19-01-2015, 12:04 AM
20 pager

You can stop reading after 15 though.

Time For Heroes
19-01-2015, 12:48 AM
5-0 win and people still find something to complain about.
Folk leave early in every football stadium in the world, so what? People shouldn't feel the need to justify there actions.
We won, that's the important part, people need to focus on the positives.

JMac
19-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Paid for their ticket, surely they get to decide whether or not they leave early

Hibbyradge
19-01-2015, 09:28 AM
You can stop reading after 15 though.

:faf: :thumbsup:

At least, I think what you said was funny.

I left before the end of the sente

Bad Martini
19-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Quality.

Get ****ed, Hibs.net infested with abuse against the players. :rolleyes:

Get a good win, Hibs.net infested with abuse against the fans. :rolleyes:

Wonder what'll happen if and when we get a draw? Just fire pelters at the players AND the fans and keep everyone happy? :aok:

As long as the money is paid at the gate and the punters dont utterly rip the team for 90+ minutes, what is the actual problem here? You pay yer money, stick to the rules. Fair dues? :na na:

Northernhibee
19-01-2015, 12:51 PM
We shall, we shall be moved...

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2015, 05:29 PM
We shall, we shall be moved...

We'll support you evermore (or at least until we've got a bus to catch) we'll support you until half past 4.

Fishwicke
19-01-2015, 06:14 PM
It's easy for the fan not affected to mock the fans in the EAST for leaving early. I would suggest that at the next match these mockers stay behind and watch the fans leave the east and then leave themselves. I think they would have a different opinion. Leaving the east stand at the end of a match is a nightmare. Great view from my seat but I'm always one of the last out of the stadium. Give me the keys and I could lock up.

Keith_M
19-01-2015, 06:18 PM
It's easy for the fan not affected to mock the fans in the EAST for leaving early. I would suggest that at the next match these mockers stay behind and watch the fans leave the east and then leave themselves. I think they would have a different opinion. Leaving the east stand at the end of a match is a nightmare. Great view from my seat but I'm always one of the last out of the stadium. Give me the keys and I could lock up.

Why don't those that are leaving early purely because of the delays in getting out of the East stand just move to another Stand?

:dunno:

There are plenty of spaces in the West and FF.

Fishwicke
19-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Why don't those that are leaving early purely because of the delays in getting out of the East stand just move to another Stand?

:dunno:

There are plenty of spaces in the West and FF.That does not fix the problem in the East at full time. What do you suggest, an empty east stand.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2015, 06:32 PM

How does it take so long?

I was in the very back row, smack bang in the middle of said row at Tynecastle the other week. The away stand there is about the same number of rows as the East and I was one of the last out, wasn't even 10 minutes after the players left the park.

I don't really give a toss when people leave, just curious as to why it takes so long to get out the East.

Keith_M
19-01-2015, 06:37 PM
That does not fix the problem in the East at full time. What do you suggest, an empty east stand.

Not everybody needs to leave in a hurry, so no. I was referring to the people that feel they have to leave so urgently that they need to miss the end of the game.

I've sat in the East Stand loads of times (even had a Season Ticket in it) but never felt the need to beat the traffic so badly that I'd miss the last ten minutes of the game. However, if they do have an urgent reason to leave, it makes sense for them to sit elsewhere, if it means getting to see the whole match.

Fishwicke
19-01-2015, 06:43 PM

I was in the very back row, smack bang in the middle of said row at Tynecastle the other week. The away stand there is about the same number of rows as the East and I was one of the last out, wasn't even 10 minutes after the players left the park.

I don't really give a toss when people leave, just curious as to why it takes so long to get out the East.I think it is because the other three stands at Easter Road are two tiers, while the east is one tier which can have double the fans leaving by the same number of stairways and exits as the other stands. I don't leave early but don't like always being last in the Pub.

Brightside
19-01-2015, 07:00 PM
I might start leaving early just so when i drive off the road isn't full of clowns thinking its a pavement that they can just walk along at 1mph. :greengrin

steakbake
19-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Hate it when people head to the pie counter just before half time to avoid the queue. They should be put to one side and only served once everyone who sits out the first half whistle to whistle are served. They are lesser fans and Hibs don't need them or their money.

Fishwicke
19-01-2015, 07:11 PM
I can't say why fans leave early. I don't. But I'm just highlighting a problem with the east stand which might contribute to fans leaving early from this stand. You pay your money and you take your chances.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2015, 08:57 PM
Hate it when people head to the pie counter just before half time to avoid the queue. They should be put to one side and only served once everyone who sits out the first half whistle to whistle are served. They are lesser fans and Hibs don't need them or their money.

Crazy. Go to the match to watch the football then don't watch 15 mins of it so you can but an overpriced and crap pie/pizza. Mental cases.

Just make a donation to Hibs rather than buying a ticket.

mca
19-01-2015, 09:15 PM
I don't leave early but don't like always being last in the Pub.

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Beefster
19-01-2015, 09:44 PM
What is it with folk going for a piss during the game? Imaging paying all that money to see the game and then deliberately choosing to miss somewhere between 1 and 5 minutes just for a call of nature. Fair drives me barmy, so it does.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2015, 09:47 PM
What is it with folk going for a piss during the game? Imaging paying all that money to see the game and then deliberately choosing to miss somewhere between 1 and 5 minutes just for a call of nature. Fair drives me barmy, so it does.

:agree: They should open the toilets at half time.

Alfred E Newman
19-01-2015, 09:59 PM

I had the same problem the last time we were at a show in the Playhouse. Next time I go I think we will leave before the end just to get off to a flier.

matty_f
19-01-2015, 10:05 PM
:agree: They should open the toilets at half time.

You have to be really early if you're going for a Pish otherwise you get the smokers who have gone for an early fag in the toilets before they get their pre-half time pie.

Hibbyradge
19-01-2015, 10:31 PM
The best part of the match day experience is leaving early.

matty_f
19-01-2015, 10:42 PM
The best part of the match day experience is leaving early.

Narrowly beating arriving late and not being able to find your seat.

Mibbes Aye
19-01-2015, 10:58 PM
It's not unique to Hibs.

When I recently didn't go to the MK Dons-AFC Wimbledon game I was amazed by how many fans didn't leave early.

Northernhibee
19-01-2015, 11:13 PM
It might have looked like I was leaving the Cowdenbeath game at the final whistle but I was just leaving the QOTS game as early as I possibly could. Don't want to hit the traffic of people leaving the game just merely early.

steakbake
20-01-2015, 01:26 AM
Instead of mocking the East Stand for the number of folks who leave early, we should be blasting the guys in the west who don't turn up at all. If it wasn't for the East, ER would have the atmosphere of an empty swimming pool.

The board have to invest in flumes. The ones at the commie have been decommissioned. We should get the stingray for the West Upper for a bargain.

Hope LD is reading this.

The Leith Dutch
20-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Paid for their ticket, surely they get to decide whether or not they leave early

This is not unlike the justification used for shouting dog's abuse at our own players.
It's technically correct that having paid someone gets to decide when they leave and how they respond to poor performances on either an individual or team level.

The flip side of this is that it defines a major part of the player's workplace atmosphere.

Now to be clear I'm not blaming the fans for the utter garbage we've had to watch over recent seasons but I think you have to accept that a support that is lightening quick to get on the back of their own players and where a significant portion of them have left before the end are far less likely to be watching the players they recruit give everything they've got in every game.

You can argue that as (highly paid by normal standards) professionals they should but you can also understand why as human beings they don't - having put 5 past a team I would, as a player, expect to have been taking the massed appreciation of my support (even though the game was overall a little dull).

I'd hope that most of the criticisms aimed at those who leave early are less of an attempt to be "uber fans" and more targeted at the shared interest of making Hibs the club and team we all want it to be.

LaMotta
20-01-2015, 09:37 AM
This is not unlike the justification used for shouting dog's abuse at our own players.
It's technically correct that having paid someone gets to decide when they leave and how they respond to poor performances on either an individual or team level.

The flip side of this is that it defines a major part of the player's workplace atmosphere.

Now to be clear I'm not blaming the fans for the utter garbage we've had to watch over recent seasons but I think you have to accept that a support that is lightening quick to get on the back of their own players and where a significant portion of them have left before the end are far less likely to be watching the players they recruit give everything they've got in every game.

You can argue that as (highly paid by normal standards) professionals they should but you can also understand why as human beings they don't - having put 5 past a team I would, as a player, expect to have been taking the massed appreciation of my support (even though the game was overall a little dull).

I'd hope that most of the criticisms aimed at those who leave early are less of an attempt to be "uber fans" and more targeted at the shared interest of making Hibs the club and team we all want it to be.

If people leaving before the end makes the players play worse how did Lewis Stevenson score with the last kick of the ball?

The Green Goblin
20-01-2015, 09:55 AM
If people leaving before the end makes the players play worse how did Lewis Stevenson score with the last kick of the ball?

I think it's something to do with that hibs.net FACT that the less fans there are at ER, the better the team plays.

lord bunberry
20-01-2015, 10:05 AM
I think it's something to do with that hibs.net FACT that the less fans there are at ER, the better the team plays.

I hadn't thought about that, my leaving early was actually done to benefit the team. #realfansleaveearly

Baldy Foghorn
20-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Instead of mocking the East Stand for the number of folks who leave early, we should be blasting the guys in the west who don't turn up at all. If it wasn't for the East, ER would have the atmosphere of an empty swimming pool.

The board have to invest in flumes. The ones at the commie have been decommissioned. We should get the stingray for the West Upper for a bargain.

Hope LD is reading this.

All hail the East:not worth

Beefster
20-01-2015, 12:25 PM

I think a few folk leaving early is one of the more tenuous links between the fans' behaviour and the team's performance that has been suggested on here. Leaving early also isn't comparable with calling this or that player a ****.

From the way it is discussed on here, you'd think 75% of the stadium was upping and leaving after 65 mins.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I think a few folk leaving early is one of the more tenuous links between the fans' behaviour and the team's performance that has been suggested on here. Leaving early also isn't comparable with calling this or that player a ****.

From the way it is discussed on here, you'd think 75% of the stadium was upping and leaving after 65 mins.

With all the booing and folk leaving early i'm starting to think my non attendance is doing the team the world of good. :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
20-01-2015, 01:37 PM

From where I sit in the East it's more than "a few folk" unfortunately :(

Where I think it makes a difference is when we're one down or drawing and looking to push for a win.
There's regularly a sizable (and noticable) exit with 5 minutes to go and I'm not sure how else you'd expect the players and the rest of the support to take it other than assuming those people have given up on the team getting anything out the game?

Understandable on recent evidence? Course it is.
Helpful to developing a winning mentality as a club? Absolutely not.

Turkish Green
20-01-2015, 03:05 PM
I am self-conscious and have a problem leaving my seat and having to say 'excuse me'. I have to be desperate to want to go to the toilet. As for a half-time pie, you can forget that. So I stay to the bitter end and usually the last person to leave my row. My son does the same as he knows no better.

Let people leave early if they so choose, they've paid their money. As long as they are not sitting in my row or the row in front then I am not disturbed.

matty_f
20-01-2015, 03:33 PM

Hope LD is reading this.

If LD is reading this, can I suggest a number of Batman/fireman style poles as a cheap alternative to water-slides.

silverhibee
20-01-2015, 04:12 PM

I don't really give a toss when people leave, just curious as to why it takes so long to get out the East.

The width of the stairway i suppose, i normally just give it about 10 minutes then go out the stairway closest to the away stand, problem is a lot of folk get ready to go but don't leave the stadium, they stand at the bottom of the stairway which causes the stairway to get blocked for folk getting out at when the FT whistle goes, and that is with the stand not even full.

Carheenlea
20-01-2015, 06:01 PM
I`d rather folk left early than not turn up at all.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Just back from the development game tonight. I know it's not kicked off yet but I wanted to make sure I was out nice and early.

Liam Craig wasn't playing but he was utter pish.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Just back from the development game tonight. I know it's not kicked off yet but I wanted to make sure I was out nice and early.

Liam Craig wasn't playing but he was utter pish.

:faf:

3pm
20-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I don't see leaving at 4 or 5-0 as a cause for disappointment.

The game in general wasn't overly enjoyable as such, there was a lack of intensity on the pitch and no atmosphere off it.

Compare it to the game v Rangers and nobody left. Swings and roundabouts.

Think - regardless of stand! - we can all come and go as we please. I bought my season ticket and that was a bigger show of commitment to support Hibs than staying for 85, 88 or 90 minutes.

If a few thousand are leaving at 1-1 or when we are pushing for an equaliser then that is more of a concern but I see situations like Saturday as no biggie.

Saturday Boy
20-01-2015, 06:20 PM
I left this thread yesterday evening, anywhere showing the highlights? I had to rush away to not go to the MK Dons game.

steakbake
20-01-2015, 07:12 PM
If LD is reading this, can I suggest a number of Batman/fireman style poles as a cheap alternative to water-slides.

That's the problem with Hibs in one post: no amb...

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-01-2015, 08:01 PM

I think its to avoid the smokers.

SteveHFC
20-01-2015, 08:02 PM
On Saturday i'll be leaving after 5mins.

kaimendhibs
20-01-2015, 08:02 PM
I've just left Palmerston to avoid the traffic on M74

The Green Goblin
25-01-2015, 01:18 PM
I just found this thread on the 3rd page and it was still going quite nicely. Shame on all of you who left it early. #goblinisatrueuberfan

Alfred E Newman
25-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I just found this thread on the 3rd page and it was still going quite nicely. Shame on all of you who left it early. #goblinisatrueuberfan

I paid my PM subscription and I will leave whenever I like , thank you!

The Green Goblin
25-01-2015, 01:40 PM
I paid my PM subscription and I will leave whenever I like , thank you!

:greengrin