PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Cowdenbeath Player Ratings

Davy Mac
17-01-2015, 07:06 PM
Oxley - 6 Never troubled

Booth - 8 Excellent Calum, superb performance and got better as the game went on. Tidy finish MOTM for me.
Hanlon - 7 Solid and reliable, still got caught though in the 2nd with a striker getting in between him and Forster
Fontaine - 7 Really like him, great signing
Stevenson - 6 Nice finish but distribution a wee bit off the pace today

Allan - 6 Some nice stuff in the first and what a maizy cutback, IMO needs to stop thinking he can just turn up and he'll get back to MOTM's
McGeouch - 7 Technically the best player we have got, rarely wastes a pass and read's the game incredibly well
Robertson - 8 Great 2nd half shift and looked like he really enjoyed himself, well done that man
Craig - 7 Starting to turn the corner and looking much hungrier and I'm sure will continue to improve

Boyle - 5 Great pace but just didn't happen for him today, still a bit unsure about him particularly missing his opportunity last week
Cummings - 7 Continued his goal scoring and had a few chances, still thinks he needs to be stronger holding the ball up but well done again

Substitutes

Forster - 4 Great to see the big man again
Stanton - 6 Superb impact when he came on and looked sharp
Handling - 3 A bit quiet when he came on, personally thinks he needs to want it a bit more

Pretty Boy
17-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Booth 7

Robertson 8
Craig 7
Allan 6
McGeough 7

Boyle 6
Cummings 7

Stewboy
17-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Oxley - 6 Never troubled

Booth - 8 Excellent Calum, superb performance and got better as the game went on. Tidy finish MOTM for me.
Hanlon - 7 Solid and reliable, still got caught though in the 2nd with a striker getting in between him and Forster

Allan - 6 Some nice stuff in the first and what a maizy cutback, IMO needs to stop thinking he can just turn up and he'll get back to MOTM's
McGeouch - 7 Technically the best player we have got, rarely wastes a pass and read's the game incredibly well
Robertson - 8 Great 2nd half shift and looked like he really enjoyed himself, well done that man
Craig - 7 Starting to turn the corner and looking much hungrier and I'm sure will continue to improve

Boyle - 5 Great pace but just didn't happen for him today, still a bit unsure about him particularly missing his opportunity last week
Cummings - 7 Continued his goal scoring and had a few chances, still thinks he needs to be stronger holding the ball up but well done again

Substitutes

Handling - 3 A bit quiet when he came on, personally thinks he needs to want it a bit more

Lewis distribution being a wee bit off - that's the trade off with him at right back I am afraid

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Paul Hanlon was my MOTM today although how he avoided a card for taking out the marauding centre back in the first half only the ref will know.

Some really well crafted goals today.

erin go bragh
17-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Booth 7

Robertson 8
Craig 7
Allan 6
McGeough 7

Boyle 6
Cummings 7

This , but Oxley with a 7 imo

Ggtth

hibee_girl
17-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Oxley 5 - didn't have anything to do

Stevenson 6 - quite a quiet game from him but took his goal well
Hanlon 7 - solid game, good goal
Fontaine 7 - solid like Hanlon, never looked in trouble
Booth 7 - great at going forward not so great at defending but luckily it didn't cost us anything today. Good goal too.

Robertson 7 - fantastic goal
Craig 6 - he seems to play in short bursts where he'll chase everything in sight for about 5 minutes then he has a good 10 minutes where he does nothing, so frustrating!
Allan 6 - some really nice touches today, should have at least shot on goal though in first half instead of trying to square it to Cummings
McGeough 7 - some brilliant play from him today, deserved the MOTM

Boyle 5 - looks pacy and gets himself into good positions, was shoved off the ball too easily today though
Cummings 7 - took his goal well, always looking to get involved and was at least willing to shoot when others were trying to walk it into the net.

Stuarty27
17-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Oxley 6 Nothing to do

Booth 8 Played well, threat all day long. Good to see him score
Fontaine 8- Strolled it
Hanlon 8- Nice finish and was solid at the back
Stevenson 8- Great Finish, thot he looked at lot more comfortable than Booth did previous week at right back, great call from Stubbsy

Allan 7 - Didn't quite come off for him but id rather he was trying than passing the ball sideaway or backward like Criag
Robertson 8- Played well, great goal
Craig 5- Still by far out weakest link, consistently slows our game down and gives the ball away. He needs dropped,
Mcgeough 8- Typical dynamic performance from him, great to see him back

Boyle 7- Lovely control in the first half, links up well with Cummings,
Cummings 9 - I thot he was terrific today, worked hard, kept the ball and scored another goal. What a prospect.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Oxley 6 Nothing to do

Fontaine 8- Strolled it
Stevenson 8- Great Finish, thot he looked at lot more comfortable than Booth did previous week at right back, great call from Stubbsy

Allan 7 - Didn't quite come off for him but id rather he was trying than passing the ball sideaway or backward like Criag
Craig 5- Still by far out weakest link, consistently slows our game down and gives the ball away. He needs dropped,

Cummings 9 - I thot he was terrific today, worked hard, kept the ball and scored another goal. What a prospect.

You're at the wind up.

Stuarty27
17-01-2015, 08:01 PM
You're at the wind up.

??

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 08:02 PM
??

If it's not a wind up it's just petty continual criticism of Craig. No way was he worse than Allan or Boyle.

matty_f
17-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Oxley 6 Nothing to do

Fontaine 8- Strolled it

I thought Craig had a much better game than Allan, and barely put a foot wrong!

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 08:12 PM

Just re-read and it looks like Oxley had a better game than Craig as well.

Stuarty27
17-01-2015, 08:15 PM
I cannot remember a single positive contribution Liam Craig made in todays game.

The thing that sticks in my mind at one point he got the ball in the middle of the park facing Cowdenbeaths goal, he turned round and passed the ball back 50 yards at 100mph to Oxley who kicked the ball out the park. He then moaned at Oxley for doing so, ie passing the buck as per usual!

Everyone else got pass marks. I thot Allan was very poor for his standards but still contributed more than Criag. I don't think Allan should be playing at the tip of the diamond as per the last two games, he is much better playing left or right and to me Mcgeough is first choice in one of those positions. Craig should be dropped for either Handling or Stanton.

Just my opinion, the rest is all positives. Played well and going in the right direction.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2015, 08:17 PM
I cannot remember a single positive contribution Liam Craig made in todays game.

The thing that sticks in my mind at one point he got the ball in the middle of the park facing Cowdenbeaths goal, he turned round and passed the ball back 50 yards at 100mph to Oxley who kicked the ball out the park. He then moaned at Oxley for doing so, ie passing the buck as per usual!

Everyone else got pass marks. I thot Allan was very poor for his standards but still contributed more than Criag. I don't think Allan should be playing at the tip of the diamond as per the last two games, he is much better playing left or right and to me Mcgeough is first choice in one of those positions. Craig should be dropped for either Handling or Stanton.

Just my opinion, the rest is all positives. Played well and going in the right direction.

It was from his knock down that Paul Hanlon scored

Hiber-nation
17-01-2015, 08:23 PM

Thought Allan was superb in the first half. Don't know if he is carrying an injury but seemed to fade right out of it for the 2nd week running.

Thought Craig played well again today but he needs to shut up and stop moaning at refs for absolutely nothing.

I liked the way Stubbs wasn't getting carried away in the post-match interview.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2015, 08:25 PM
A few good performances today but my MotM goes to Scott Robertson. All action from start to finish and does all the dirty work in breaking up attacks. Not the most glamourous job but he's bloody good at it

matty_f
17-01-2015, 08:28 PM

But apart from that... :greengrin:

FWIW Hanlon was my MoTM with Robertson a close second.

mentalhibee
17-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Thought Sam Stanton played really well when he came on. Always looking for the ball and got two assists.

Northernhibee
17-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Oxley - 10. Hair was looking great and did a fantastic job of ironing his shirt, not a crease on it. Not a crease on it by the end either.

Booth - 7 - great going forward and caused their RB several problems. Still a little questionable at the back but improving.
Hanlon - 9 - Great, dependable defending saved Oxley having to iron his shirt for next week.
Fontaine - 8 - Really solid.
Stevenson - 7 - struggled with being on the wrong side as always looked to cut inside to get to stronger foot. Well taken goal though.

Craig - 8.5 - Delivered some good balls in the first half, very good assist for first goal and helped take any potential sting out of the opposition in the second half.
Allan - 7 - Not his best game but still some very good play.
Robertson - 9.5 - not quite deserving of a 10 but broke up play at the back, drove forward when he could and scored a cracker of a solo effort.
McGeough - 8 - some really nice play and unafraid to drive at the oppositions defenders.

Boyle - 5.5 - Produced very little.
Cummings - 8 - always a danger and should perhaps have more than one goal to his name.

Stuarty27
17-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Thought Sam Stanton played really well when he came on. Always looking for the ball and got two assists.

Agree, Looked really sharp

Brightside
17-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Hanlon getting 7 from some folks is really hard to fathom. Played out of position all year. Continues to be one of our best players. Rock solid today.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Hanlon getting 7 from some folks is really hard to fathom. Played out of position all year. Continues to be one of our best players. Rock solid today.

I would have given more but thought both central defenders strolled it. They made it look so easy a few, including myself, have probably marked them down a bit.

gaz1875
17-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Booth 6

Robertson 7
Craig 7
Allan 5
McGeough 6

Boyle 6
Cummings 7

Oscar T Grouch
17-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Oxley 6

Stevenson 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Booth 6

Robertson 7
Craig 7
Allan 5
McGeough 6

Boyle 6
Cummings 7

We won 5-0 and you've not marked one player over 7?
Bit mean 😜

gaz1875
17-01-2015, 09:15 PM
We won 5-0 and you've not marked one player over 7?
Bit mean 

Who would/did you think deserved 8 or more?

Brightside
17-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Who would/did you think deserved 8 or more?

Hanlon and Robertson 8. Everyone else 7 bar the goalie who gets 5 as he hardly had a touch and Allan who gets 6 for being lethargic.

Oscar T Grouch
17-01-2015, 09:23 PM
I said it was a bit mean, I thought the whole team played well, 5 players scored and they got a clean sheet. Why would you mark the players down? what did they do to deserve no more than a 7? These marks are subjective so there's no point to me telling you who I thought was better.

gaz1875
17-01-2015, 09:35 PM
I said it was a bit mean, I thought the whole team played well, 5 players scored and they got a clean sheet. Why would you mark the players down? what did they do to deserve no more than a 7? These marks are subjective so there's no point to me telling you who I thought was better.

No player stood out for me, there were some very good solid performances, Cummings, Hanlon, Fontaine, Craig and Stevenson being the best IMO.

allezsauzee
17-01-2015, 09:41 PM
A few good performances today but my MotM goes to Scott Robertson. All action from start to finish and does all the dirty work in breaking up attacks. Not the most glamourous job but he's bloody good at it

Agree with this. He either dispossessed their midfielders or pressed them into a bad passes so many times today. Most of his work isn't as eye catching as Allan's or McGeouch's but he is a vital part of our midfield.

The_Exile
17-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Robertson was our best player, great to have a strong looking midfield. Best player on the pitch IMO though was Lewis Milne. Feels a bit strange saying that, considering his team got beat 5 - 0, but I thought his movement and passing was superb, his team mates let him down today.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Robertson was our best player, great to have a strong looking midfield. Best player on the pitch IMO though was Lewis Milne. Feels a bit strange saying that, considering his team got beat 5 - 0, but I thought his movement and passing was superb, his team mates let him down today.

Hi Lewis. :greengrin

Were you the no. 8?

Stuarty27
17-01-2015, 10:05 PM

Were you the no. 8?

You're at the wind up.

The_Exile
17-01-2015, 10:07 PM

Were you the no. 8?

:greengrin Trying to engineer a move to Easter Road. I seem to have an annoying knack of either noticing other things people don't see or making a lot out of insignificant incidents!

Hermit Crab
17-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Where was the new boy the day? SSN had him in contention to start the match. He wasn't in the squad. :confused:

Pretty Boy
17-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Where was the new boy the day? SSN had him in contention to start the match. He wasn't in the squad. :confused:

Tight hamstring.

Mikey09
17-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Oxley 6 Nothing to do

Fontaine 8- Strolled it

............... :tub4:

Mikey09
17-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Oxley - 6 Never troubled

Substitutes

get this lad signed on a permanent deal Mr Stubbs....

LaMotta
17-01-2015, 11:40 PM
My marks are out of 20 because 1-10 does not provide enough clarity for some people, as proven by the half mark scoring I see on these ratings threads every week.

Oxley - 7 . Lazy, didn't see him do anything of note. Don't know why he bothered turning up. 6 points for his beard.

Booth - 16 - scored a goal in to their net.
Hanlon - 17 - scored a goal in to their net and stopped goals going in to our net.
Fontaine - 14 - stopped goals going in to our net but didn't score a goal in to their net.
Stevenson - 17 - same as Hol Panlon.

Craig - 3 - 2 of those points are for pointing, 1 is for harassing Hugh Dallas's referee son. CAPTAIN MY ARSE. He may have played well today, but I shall not admit it.
Allan - 20 - Great assist for Cummings, poor after that, but he can do no wrong so I'll give him full marks for being simply beautiful.
Robertson - 9 - His goal was boring because it was too similar to his goal vs The Rangers. I would appreciate it a bit more if he scored goals with some variety. Also i will never forgive him for his surname.

McGeough - 16 - I would like him to become a part of my 7 a side powerleague squad - with his sublime close control, he would surely command a place on the bench, with a view to eventually finding a starting place in front of Fat Davie from my work.

Boyle - 14 - He is almost as rapid as the rate of his early onset hair loss.
Cummings - 5 - Dreadful player, ridiculous side parting, didn't score a non hat-rick, and he is a Jambo. Lucky to get five performance points.

Subs - 4 for all of them for being too ***** to command a starting place in a Scottish Championship team. Disgraceful from the lot of them.

Referee - 20 - Hugh Dallas came from Bonkle. Does Andrew Dallas, his son, also come from Bonkle? And we won 5-0, so the ref had a great game.

Mikey09
17-01-2015, 11:44 PM
My marks are out of 20 because 1-10 does not provide enough clarity for some people, as proven by the half mark scoring I see on these ratings threads every week.

Oxley - 7 . Lazy, didn't see him do anything of note. Don't know why he bothered turning up. 6 points for his beard.

Hanlon - 17 - scored a goal in to their net and stopped goals going in to our net.
Fontaine - 14 - stopped goals going in to our net but didn't score a goal in to their net.

Craig - 3 - 2 of those points are for pointing, 1 is for harassing Hugh Dallas's referee son. CAPTAIN MY ARSE. He may have played well today, but I shall not admit it.
Allan - 20 - Great assist for Cummings, poor after that, but he can do no wrong so I'll give him full marks for being simply beautiful.
Robertson - 9 - His goal was boring because it was too similar to his goal vs The Rangers. I would appreciate it a bit more if he scored goals with some variety. Also i will never forgive him for his surname.

McGeough - 16 - I would like him to become a part of my 7 a side powerleague squad - with his sublime close control, he would surely command a place on the bench, with a view to eventually finding a starting place in front of Fat Davie from my work.

Cummings - 5 - Dreadful player, ridiculous side parting, didn't score a non hat-rick, and he is a Jambo. Lucky to get five performance points.

Subs - 4 for all of them for being too ***** to command a starting place in a Scottish Championship team. Disgraceful from the lot of them.

Referee - 20 - Hugh Dallas came from Bonkle. Does Andrew Dallas, his son, also come from Bonkle? And we won 5-0, so the ref had a great game.

:faf:

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 07:28 AM

:hilarious

Unfortunately some will probably read it and agree.

GlesgaeHibby
18-01-2015, 07:45 AM

Playes out of position? He's played at CH all season and for most of his hibs career.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Playes out of position? He's played at CH all season and for most of his hibs career.

Probably because he's been on the right hand side of the middle instead of the left. I don't think it's as obvious he's one sided as others tbh - I just think he struggled when Booth was on the right outside him.

matty_f
18-01-2015, 07:53 AM

Completely agree.

NAE NOOKIE
18-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Oxley ... 6 ... Had nothing to do ... his beard is well maintained but he will struggle once Forster is back in the team.

Stevenson ... 7 ... Gooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll !!!
Hanlon .... 9 .... Utterly strolled it
Fontaine ... 8 ... same as Hanlon but no goal
Booth .... 7 .... good going forward and scored

Allan .... 8 .... such a good player .. quieter 2nd half.
McGeough ... 8.5 ... very good game ..... we must get this guy signed up
Robertson ... 8.5 .... one of his best games and what a goal
Craig .... 7 .... I just wish his first thought was forward, not back

Boyle ... 7 ... I like the look of this guy
Cummings ... 8... just keeps scoring, but always seems to have less impact in 2nd halves.

Subs:

Forster ... 4 ... didn't have much to do
Stanton ... 7 ... high score for a sub, but I thought he was excellent
Handling ... 4 ... as I said before, not an impact player and it showed again yesterday

Hibs90
18-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Oxley - 6

Booth - 8 MOTM
Hanlon - 7
Fontaine - 7
Stevenson - 7

Allan - 6
McGeouch - 7
Robertson - 7
Craig -7

Boyle - 6
Cummings - 8

Substitutes

Forster - 4
Stanton - 6
Handling - 3

scoopyboy
18-01-2015, 11:10 AM
No real disagreements with any markings except Oxley.

Not sure whether he should get a zero cos he did nothing or a perfect ten cos he did nothing wrong.

southern hibby
18-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Possibly not the correct thread to put this I'n but Cowdenbeath's number 8 was very good did everything he could to try and play football. Passing was spot on for a young lad and didn't hide during the game was constantly wanting the ball.
If he continues to play like he did against us every week I really do believe they have ( if he develops the way young players should ) a very very good prospect on their hands.

I was also impressed that Cowdenbeath played football and never gave up trying to play football which to their credit made our win that more special.

GGTTH

thebakerboy
18-01-2015, 01:09 PM
Oxley 5 Could have been 10 or 0 because he did not really have anything to do
Stevenson 6 Playing on the right restricts him quite a lot but is possibly better there than Booth , good goal
Hanlon 6 Strolled the game but as per Oxley didn't really have anything to do , good goal.
Fontaine 5 As per Hanlon but no goal.
Booth 6 Steady until we went 3 at the back and then came on to a game , took his goal very well indeed.
Robertson 8 best player on the park by a mile , broke up their attacks regularly and still had time to go forward and score a quite sublime goal.
Mcgeouch 7 Love the way his first thought is always to go forward.
Craig 5 Good player but hate the way his first thought is always back. He will probably be who drops out when we go back to 3 5 2 formation.
Allen 6 Played OK in 1st half , nice pass for Cummings goal. Dont think we get the best of him at the point of the diamond , will be back to his best when we go back to 3 at the back .
Boyle 5 so far I have seen little evidence of his terrific speed and goal threat as promised by AS. Can only reserve judgement at the moment.
Cummings 7 Took his goal well but can be a bit selfish , needs to get his head up sometimes , is developing into a cracking player.

Stanton 6 came on to good effect.
Forster 5 Great to see big Fossie back and a couple of crunching tackles.
Handling 3 Didn't really do much

Alan Stubbs 8 Good decisions on subs and team style to win game.

Team as a whole 8 . Thought the team as a whole were much better than the individual performances , we did enough to beat a poor side without really great individual performances.

The_Exile
18-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Possibly not the correct thread to put this I'n but Cowdenbeath's number 8 was very good did everything he could to try and play football. Passing was spot on for a young lad and didn't hide during the game was constantly wanting the ball.
If he continues to play like he did against us every week I really do believe they have ( if he develops the way young players should ) a very very good prospect on their hands.

I was also impressed that Cowdenbeath played football and never gave up trying to play football which to their credit made our win that more special.

GGTTH

Yes! Someone else who noticed how good this lad was! I felt sorry for him as he was on the end of a hiding. It's young guys like this who are bursting with talent that we should be looking at IMO.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2015, 01:32 PM

Might be in the minority but I agree with all this.

Would rather see Handling back in and Craig benched.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2015, 01:33 PM

It's not out of position to play right of centre.

He's playing against part timers every few weeks, he should be bossing it.

hibsbollah
18-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I wasn't there today but just watched the full 90 mins on hubs tv and I thought Cummings was the clear MOTM.

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 03:57 PM

Afraid not

matty_f
18-01-2015, 04:00 PM
Afraid not

Good point, well made.

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 04:10 PM
Good point, well made.

So was it Liam Craigs knock down that set up Hanlon's Goal? Yes or No

Still waiting on a example of a positive piece of play the imposter was involved in yesterday...

Brightside
18-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Probably because he's been on the right hand side of the middle instead of the left. I don't think it's as obvious he's one sided as others tbh - I just think he struggled when Booth was on the right outside him.

exactly. we've missed his crossfield balls since he as moved to the right side of the centres. i can only assume Liam is totally left footed.

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Still waiting on a example of a positive piece of play the imposter was involved in yesterday...

Hibs win 5-0 - amazing, let's rip into the captain.

Bravo :rolleyes:

marinello59
18-01-2015, 04:47 PM

That's unthinking hatred for you.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 04:47 PM

He can't leave him alone - he's been all over him the last few weeks.

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 04:48 PM
He can't leave him alone - he's been all over him the last few weeks.

I'd give Stuarty27s posts recently a 3/10. What an impostor.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 04:49 PM
I'd give Stuarty27s posts recently a 3/10. What an impostor.

:agree: Always looks back before thinking about moving forward.

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 04:50 PM
:agree: Always looks back before thinking about moving forward.

If he just STFU instead of moaning to the referee every so often then I might start criticising him for another made up and pointless reason :agree:

matty_f
18-01-2015, 04:50 PM

Genuinely couldn't tell you, would need to watch it again.

Craig made as much a contribution as anyone, tackling, driving forward, closing down, good movement, looking to make things happen.

The only thing that's an imposter here is the bit of your brain claiming to know about football, evidently.

FranckSuzy
18-01-2015, 04:58 PM

Instead of asking others to prove LC's credentials, why don't you educate us on his shortcomings as you are obviously qualified to do so?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 05:13 PM
If he just STFU instead of moaning to the referee every so often then I might start criticising him for another made up and pointless reason :agree:

I hate the way he ties his laces.

matty_f
18-01-2015, 05:15 PM
I hate the way he ties his laces.

I'm not a fan of the way he pronounces some of his words.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Special mention for Sammy Stanton. Hasn't had too many opportunities of late but was exactly what we needed to lift the tempo when he came on. The ball for Boothys goal was sheer class.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Was going to go as far as to say I hoped he would take Liams starting place next week, but chickened out for fear of the inevitable satirical onslaught.

Just polished off a delicious chicken dinner expertly prepared by the Mrs and enjoying the Barca game so dinnae want tae sour the mood.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Was going to go as far as to say I hoped he would take Liams starting place next week, but chickened out for fear of the inevitable satirical onslaught.

Just polished off a delicious chicken dinner expertly prepared by the Mrs and enjoying the Barca game so dinnae want tae sour the mood.

As it stands he's more likely to take Allan's place.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-01-2015, 05:53 PM

Fair play on yesterdays performance, but Allans always capable of a wee bit sparkle.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Fair play on yesterdays performance, but Allans always capable of a wee bit sparkle.

I agree - if he fancies it he's great. Unfortunately he doesn't fancy it quite a lot.

skipster7
18-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I agree - if he fancies it he's great. Unfortunately he doesn't fancy it quite a lot.

Don't know if your being serious but he is by far our best player and probably the best in this league. I'd much rather we had a guy trying defence splitting passes than the mind knumbing sideways dross we've suffered for years

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Don't know if your being serious but he is by far our best player and probably the best in this league. I'd much rather we had a guy trying defence splitting passes than the mind knumbing sideways dross we've suffered for years

I'm not saying he's not good. Folk take offence too quickly and misunderstand my point. When he's good he's really good when he's not...

His bad passes aren't always attempts at defence splitting passes - that's just a lazy excuse.

He's been great in the big tv matches.

skipster7
18-01-2015, 06:14 PM
I would rather have an inconsistent SA than a consistently average tom tiawo type tbh. We should appreciate players like this while they're here. Some of his performances have been the best by a midfielder since Scott Brown imo

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:15 PM
I would rather have an inconsistent SA than a consistently average tom tiawo type tbh. We should appreciate players like this while they're here imo. Some of his performances have been the best by a midfielder since Scott Brown imo

So would I. I'd just like him to be a wee bit more consistent.

Smartie
18-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I think it would be fair to say that Scott Allan has set very high standards for himself with some of his recent performances.

Even falling a bit short of those standards he's going to get a bit of criticism.

Every player makes mistakes and Allan is no different.

skipster7
18-01-2015, 06:19 PM
I think it would be fair to say that Scott Allan has set very high standards for himself with some of his recent performances.

Even falling a bit short of those standards he's going to get a bit of criticism.

I agree, really enjoying watching someone with his ability. Class act

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 06:21 PM

I think a few folk on here have set him up for a fall as well - when he's had a good game he's been "wonderful" "sublime" etc. He's a very good player in a largely part time league, I personally think we should be expecting more from him.

AlbertK86
18-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Can't believe the stick Scott Allan's had the last couple of weeks

Yep he's had a few stray passes but he is chipping in with att least one assist every game

For years the moaners on here were greetin about us not having any creativity and now we have a laddie who oozes it a few are giving him it tight.

I wasn't there yesterday but have been at most other games and the boy is an absolute stand out even when he ain't at his best

The problem is he has set such high standards particularly the way he dominated the Sevco that when he doesn't control the whole game now people claim he's playing badly.

To me he is stil the most creative and still carves chances every week

As somebody mentioned earlier I look forward to 3-5-2 again

I believe this will give him and Dylan the chance to really dominate the middle of the park

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:04 PM

Are you related to Liam Craig?

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Serious question, how many assists has Liam Craig had this season?

Off the top of my head I can remember Ross County crosses, apart from that am struggling?

The Sundance Kid
18-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Off the top of my head I can remember Ross County crosses, apart from that am struggling?

He's had 6, second most of the whole squad only behind Scott Allan who has 10

Billy Whizz
18-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Cumnings tap in v Rangers comes to mind

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:17 PM

What games were they in?

marinello59
18-01-2015, 08:17 PM

You really are obsessed with trashing our Captain aren't you? Best way for you to celebrate a 5-0 win I guess, sucking as much joy out of it as you can.

marinello59
18-01-2015, 08:18 PM

You are wasting your time. Petty spite is at work here.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 08:19 PM

What about goals?

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 08:19 PM
Can anyone point out a single positive contribution Stuarty27 has made to .net? Nowhere near .net standard.

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Craig's got 2, Allan has 1

The Sundance Kid
18-01-2015, 08:21 PM
What games were they in?

He put in the corner for El Alagui to head home against Livingston in the first game of the season

He put the cross in for one of Malonga's two headed goals up at Ross County

He put the ball back across the face of goal for Cummings' tap in against Rangers a few weeks back

He put the ball into the path of Malonga for his goal in the 2-0 win at home to Alloa a month or so back

He laid the ball off for Malonga to run onto for the first of his hattrick against Dumbarton

He plaid Stanton in for his goal in the 6-3 win at Dumbarton as well

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:22 PM
I have plenty of positive posts, allowed an opinion surely.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2015, 08:23 PM
I would rather have an inconsistent SA than a consistently average tom tiawo type tbh. We should appreciate players like this while they're here. Some of his performances have been the best by a midfielder since Scott Brown imo

:agree: If he was consistently showing the levels that he did against Sevco a few weeks ago then he wouldn't be at Hibs in the first place.

I've been delighted with Allan so far and, as you said, I would say he's the best midfielder we've had since Scott Brown.

I wonder what some people are expecting from a Hibs player nowadays!

The Sundance Kid
18-01-2015, 08:24 PM
What about goals?

Craig has 2, Allan has 1

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Craig has 2, Allan has 1

Interesting.

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:27 PM
He put in the corner for El Alagui to head home against Livingston in the first game of the season

He put the cross in for one of Malonga's two headed goals up at Ross County

He put the ball back across the face of goal for Cummings' tap in against Rangers a few weeks back

He put the ball into the path of Malonga for his goal in the 2-0 win at home to Alloa a month or so back

He laid the ball off for Malonga to run onto for the first of his hattrick against Dumbarton

He plaid Stanton in for his goal in the 6-3 win at Dumbarton as well

Interesting, thanks for that.

Who is in 3rd?

The Sundance Kid
18-01-2015, 08:30 PM
Interesting, thanks for that.

Who is in 3rd?

Stevenson also has 6.

Beneath that:
Cummings - 3
Kennedy, Booth, Fontaine - 2
Gray, Forster, Robertson, Oxley, Handling, Hanlon, Boyle, Stanton - 1

Stuarty27
18-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Stevenson also has 6.

Beneath that:
Cummings - 3
Kennedy, Booth, Fontaine - 2
Gray, Forster, Robertson, Oxley, Handling, Hanlon, Boyle, Stanton - 1

Really interesting stats actually.

Surprised mcgeough has 0 and Lewie has 6!!

Northernhibee
18-01-2015, 08:43 PM
I have plenty of positive posts, allowed an opinion surely.

So you'd agree that constant criticism doesn't actually make you better at what you do, but just gets your back up instead? It's the same with our players and their football.

Mibbes Aye
18-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Really interesting stats actually.

Surprised mcgeough has 0 and Lewie has 6!!

It's McGeouch.

If you were at games you wouldn't be confused as to who was providing assists, you would have seen it for yourself :wink:

Out of interest, how many Hibs games have you been at this season?

Stuarty27
19-01-2015, 05:52 AM
It's McGeouch.

If you were at games you wouldn't be confused as to who was providing assists, you would have seen it for yourself :wink:

Out of interest, how many Hibs games have you been at this season?

Every game home and away bar the Alloa league game and Ross County game, so I think I've seen enough to form an opinion??

Unfortunately I am missing the Queen South game this weekend.

I am delighted with how the season is progressing and recent results however i still see week in week out Liam Craig as our weakest player. What's worse now is our best player and most creative player in Scott Allan is now being played out of position to accommodate him in the team.

skipster7
19-01-2015, 07:31 AM
Every game home and away bar the Alloa league game and Ross County game, so I think I've seen enough to form an opinion??

Unfortunately I am missing the Queen South game this weekend.

I am delighted with how the season is progressing and recent results however i still see week in week out Liam Craig as our weakest player. What's worse now is our best player and most creative player in Scott Allan is now being played out of position to accommodate him in the team.
I think he's been fine and much improved this season. Out of interest if he were to move on who would you switch your attention to as the next weakest ?
He's playing his part in a team that's playing well, don't see the point in harping on about who you think is the weakest. Detrimental imo.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2015, 07:51 AM
I think he's been fine and much improved this season. Out of interest if he were to move on who would you switch your attention to as the next weakest ?
He's playing his part in a team that's playing well, don't see the point in harping on about who you think is the weakest. Detrimental imo.

:agree: and surely Allan's being "played out of position" due to Mcgeouch returning?