PDA

View Full Version : Turnstile/Season Ticket problem

Nomeancity
17-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Anybody ever had the red flashing screen when you scan it. Got it today and was told it was because my ticket had already been used? Stewards were great and sorted it out but wondered if anybody else has had this. Reason I ask is I lost my ticket and this is a replacement, so was wondering if someone has used my lost ticket or it is just a glitch that happens now and again.

17-01-2015, 06:48 PM
I had an issue last season where Hibs somehow managed to sell somebody a ticket for my seat and when my card was scanned the system never liked it. Had to go round to the ticket office and was given a printed ticket for the game. Missed about 20mins.

I realise that this is probably not what's happened in your case, but thought I'd moan about it anyway!

HH81
17-01-2015, 06:50 PM
I reckon some cheeky git used your old season ticket and got in with it.

Cammy
17-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Anybody ever had the red flashing screen when you scan it. Got it today and was told it was because my ticket had already been used? Stewards were great and sorted it out but wondered if anybody else has had this. Reason I ask is I lost my ticket and this is a replacement, so was wondering if someone has used my lost ticket or it is just a glitch that happens now and again.

Yes my daughter did once. It was because she scanned it before the turnstile had stopped turning from my son going through. I got same response about ST card already being used, the supervisor sorted it pretty quick.

Nomeancity
17-01-2015, 06:56 PM
I reckon some cheeky git used your old season ticket and got in with it.
I'll be contacting the office on Monday but I would have thought they would have deactivated the lost one - but maybe that would be too obvious?

HH81
17-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I'll be contacting the office on Monday but I would have thought they would have deactivated the lost one - but maybe that would be too obvious?

You would have thought it was deactivated but i guess if the button to do so is not done someone could get in with it still? Maybe that is not reason anyway.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-01-2015, 07:30 PM
Every time this season I have tried to scan mine it never works first time, always takes 3 or 4 attempts before it works. Steward had to let me in today as my ticket wouldn't scan. Is it just Turnstile 43's scanner at the East thats dodgy or is this happening to other people aswell?

madhatter
17-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Every time this season I have tried to scan mine it never works first time, always takes 3 or 4 attempts before it works. Steward had to let me in today as my ticket wouldn't scan. Is it just Turnstile 43's scanner at the East thats dodgy or is this happening to other people aswell?

Sadly not. At least 1 in the West wasn't working either.

Good system in general. Just some issues now and then.

lord bunberry
17-01-2015, 07:34 PM
On a completely unrelated point does anyone ever only go through the same turnstyle, I'm in the famous five and I always enter through the Bobby Johnstone turnstyle

Edit. I would also like to add I've never seen us lose going through that gate

FranckSuzy
17-01-2015, 07:42 PM
Sadly not. At least 1 in the West wasn't working either.

Good system in general. Just some issues now and then.

:agree: Turnstyle 19 wasn't working at 2.45 when I tried to go in

SteveHFC
17-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Got in no problems today in the east.

hibbymick
17-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Mines failed for the first time today. Took a few attempts and eventually a steward sorted it out.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2015, 09:32 PM

Have you thought about trying a different turnstile Bob? :wink: :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Have you thought about trying a different turnstile Bob? :wink: :greengrin

It does it with 44 too bud, may need to move to 45:greengrin

Hannah_hfc
17-01-2015, 11:19 PM
Had problems with that one today as well, my ticket worked fine in the next one up! Must be a dodgy turnstile.

Bring back the old days of manned turnstiles. Far less hassle!

zolliehibs
17-01-2015, 11:21 PM
My card is printed ever so slightly off-centre so takes a good half-minute every time. Fingers crossed next season is better!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-01-2015, 12:49 PM
I put my trousers in the washing machine with my season ticket in my pocket without knowing. But luckily I had the wee Hibs plastic pocket cover which saved it from any damage.

Does anyone think It should still be ok to use at the next home game at the self scanner or will I have problems on top of what I'm already having with them this season?

Schoolboy error I know 😂

Brightside
24-01-2015, 12:51 PM
hahahaha. its a bar code pal. as long as you havent washed it off it will be fine.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-01-2015, 12:54 PM
hahahaha. its a bar code pal. as long as you havent washed it off it will be fine.

Cheers mate 🙈😂

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2015, 12:55 PM
I put my trousers in the washing machine with my season ticket in my pocket without knowing. But luckily I had the wee Hibs plastic pocket cover which saved it from any damage.

Does anyone think It should still be ok to use at the next home game at the self scanner or will I have problems on top of what I'm already having with them this season?

Schoolboy error I know 

Take the box of washing powder with you as evidence, then i'm sure you will sail clean through.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
24-01-2015, 01:00 PM
Take the box of washing powder with you as evidence, then i'm sure you will sail clean through.

I think thats what I'll do, might take the washing machine too :greengrin

hibee_girl
07-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Saw a few people having problems getting into the East stand today, not sure if it was the turnstiles at fault or folks cards not having cup top up/been updated

CB_NO3
07-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Mines never worked today.

LaMotta
08-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Saw a few people having problems getting into the East stand today, not sure if it was the turnstiles at fault or folks cards not having cup top up/been updated

Mine never worked yesterday so i paid for a ticket. But i was sure i had Cup top up. Now im thinking i did have the top up and ive forked out 15 quid i shouldnt have.

Barney McGrew
08-02-2015, 11:32 AM
All three of us had problems yesterday, two seasons and one paper ticket.

The scanners seemed to be having an off day.

AFKA5814_Hibs
08-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Mine never worked yesterday so i paid for a ticket. But i was sure i had Cup top up. Now im thinking i did have the top up and ive forked out 15 quid i shouldnt have.

If you have Cup Top up it should say CTU on your card.

Andy74
08-02-2015, 12:02 PM
I added game to ticket and it didn't work. Huge queues at office so paid again at FF to get in.

Radium
08-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Didn't have an issue today but have stopped using turnstile 45 in the East. Doesn't seem to like my card

LaMotta
08-02-2015, 01:44 PM
If you have Cup Top up it should say CTU on your card.

Maybe I never bought the top up then :greengrin

MB62
08-02-2015, 02:11 PM
I had a problem getting in to the WSUN yesterday, took about 4 or 5 attempts before it scanned. My mate had a similar problem but the wife's ticket was fine. Brother also never got in through the turnstile and after a wee 'conversation' with a steward, was allowed to in through the side rather than standing in the queue at the ticket office for a replacement.

H18S NX
08-02-2015, 02:22 PM
I had same problem last week,said my s/t had already been used,steward quickly sorted it out though.

andyf5
10-02-2015, 07:10 AM
I too have problems with that turnstile and now avoid it. Stewards said I wasn't scanning my ticket properly.....every 4th person at that turnstile seems to have an issue.

HibeeMassive
10-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Fist time I've had issues with mine was on Saturday in the West - scanned the ticket ok but said it had already been used. Ended up having to pay in because the queue for the ticket office was the length of Albion Road at 3 o'clock.

Phoned up yesterday to ask why I'd had problems only for them to say "not sure, just try again next time".

Heedersnvolleys
10-02-2015, 08:40 AM
My daughter lost her ST on Saturday what is the course of action I should take?

Brightside
10-02-2015, 08:46 AM
My daughter lost her ST on Saturday what is the course of action I should take?

Probably ground her for a week and stop her pocket money. Then call the ticket office...they will cancel the lost one and give you a new one.

JimBHibees
10-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I had bought a ticket for Saturday and it said ticket already used even though obviously hadnt as had just bought it a minute before. Seemed to be a few in the East with similar including seasons.

Scouse Hibee
10-02-2015, 10:29 AM
At least some of the stewards are reasonable and let you in, it's a pain if you have to go to ticket office.

Heedersnvolleys
10-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Probably ground her for a week and stop her pocket money. Then call the ticket office...they will cancel the lost one and give you a new one.
She would never see the light of day if I grounded her every time she lost something!:greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
10-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Personally never had an issue but I can assure you if it ever does happen there will be a queue behind me at the turnstile until it is sorted as there is no way would I be walking round to ticket office to get it sorted. In my opinion if you have a valid ticket it is up to them to fix it at no inconvenience to you.