PDA

View Full Version : Negatives

HibsNutter
17-01-2015, 05:30 PM
emm...just the cold, think that's it.

Polished, professional performance today. Some great stuff on display at times and they never looked like giving us a scare. Well done lads:flag:

weonlywon6-2
17-01-2015, 05:37 PM
😊😊😊😊

Brightside
17-01-2015, 05:41 PM
emm...just the cold, think that's it.

Polished, professional performance today. Some great stuff on display at times and they never looked like giving us a scare. Well done lads:flag:

:agree::agree:

Still a few fans unhappy when we took our foot off the gas for a spell yet still held the ball. I'd love to be bored like that every week! :greengrin

GlasgowHibee
17-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Negative: why couldn't we play like that all season.

Petrie out. :agree:

HappyAsHellas
17-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Can't think of many negatives today at all - even all the subs contributed to the game and created an impact. Slight complaint might be that it was Scott Allans worst game for us, but his delivery for JC's goal was excellent and he tried to feed him in later on as well with a lovely angled ball. Even at his worst he still creates which is a nice thought.

Hiber-nation
17-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Poor crowd was the only negative. Hopefully a win next week and we'll get the stayaways back.

Nomeancity
17-01-2015, 05:47 PM
When we are a few goals up and coasting I gave no problem at all with playing keep ball and passing it about the back. If they don't have the ball, they can't score. Think of last week we were coasting at 3-1 but lost two goals.
why do we have to boo when we are just being professional. Stop thinking that we are like the west coast **** and we have a god given right to hump the diddy teams.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Still a few fans unhappy when we took our foot off the gas for a spell yet still held the ball. I'd love to be bored like that every week! :greengrin

I was just aware that at 2-0 one mistake could have seen us under pressure. We saw that at 3-1 last week.

We looked like we could score at will in the 1st half hour and once we got a bit pace back about us, probably when Stanton came on, the same apllies.

Some of the stuff we played today was a joy to watch though so I'll forgive a scrappy 20 minutes or so.

Onceinawhile
17-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Would have liked to have seen L. Allan and Martin get some experience, but that's nit picking. Good that all 5 goals were by scots, 4 of whom came through the youth.

Iain G
17-01-2015, 06:53 PM
I thought first half we gave them too much space and time on the ball and against a better team that would have been more dangerous, and we looked a lil flat at times, Scott Allan had an up and down game and Lewis spent much time checking onto his left foot as Booth had done last week, robbing us of a little balance.

But in the end we won 5 - 0 at home and played some nice stuff in the process. :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-01-2015, 07:03 PM
So many folk leaving early was a slight negative(if being picky). It was like a fire drill in the East after about 87 minutes. Was the same against Rangers. Fully understand that some folk need to leave for buses, but not sure why so many others flood out? The players deserve to get a round of applause after performances like today and Rangers IMO. Must be a few folk that missed Lewis' goal today, not to worry though there will be another one along in two years 😀

Famous Fiver
17-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Only negative for me was the walloper behind me in the East who kept yelling 'UNBELIEVABLE' every time a Hibs move didn't result in a spectacular goal. I gave him 'UNBELIEVABLE' in spades when Scotty got that third goal. Twats like him should stay at home if they can't support the team. Does my head in.

The Green Goblin
17-01-2015, 07:17 PM
So many folk leaving early was a slight negative(if being picky). It was like a fire drill in the East after about 87 minutes. Was the same against Rangers. Fully understand that some folk need to leave for buses, but not sure why so many others flood out? The players deserve to get a round of applause after performances like today and Rangers IMO. Must be a few folk that missed Lewis' goal today, not to worry though there will be another one along in two years 😀

I know what you're saying, but sometimes people have other reasons. I was at the game in the East with my brother today and we left on 81 minutes because he started work up town at 5pm. I'm sure you are right about some folk leaving early "just because" and that's disappointing but one or two others might have a genuine reason for leaving.

Edit: I did stay behind at the huns game to applaud the players :greengrin

Hibs Class
17-01-2015, 07:20 PM
I was just aware that at 2-0 one mistake could have seen us under pressure. We saw that at 3-1 last week.

We looked like we could score at will in the 1st half hour and once we got a bit pace back about us, probably when Stanton came on, the same apllies.

Some of the stuff we played today was a joy to watch though so I'll forgive a scrappy 20 minutes or so.

First 20 minutes of the second half was dull, but given what happened last week it was understandable. In the end five didn't flatter us.

RyeSloan
17-01-2015, 07:25 PM
So many folk leaving early was a slight negative(if being picky). It was like a fire drill in the East after about 87 minutes. Was the same against Rangers. Fully understand that some folk need to leave for buses, but not sure why so many others flood out? The players deserve to get a round of applause after performances like today and Rangers IMO. Must be a few folk that missed Lewis' goal today, not to worry though there will be another one along in two years dde00 I would suggest that's simply down to the fact it takes so long to get out of the east stand at FT if you are anywhere near the back...much better to leave a couple of mins early (esp if you are cruising) than it is to wait for what seems an age after the whistle has gone... Not saying it's 'right' just saying that's why it is ;-)

DaveF
17-01-2015, 07:26 PM

I'll put my hand up to being one of them (no booing though :greengrin) as I felt we were really slack for 20 mins in that 2nd half but on reflection letting them have the ball without hurting us drew them out a lot more leaving room for create a bit more easily. Not sure if that was the plan or it just happened, but all in some good goals, hitting the net regularly at home (12 in 3) so promising signs.

Really happy for Booth as he played very well on the left and got a deserved goal.

greenlex
17-01-2015, 07:34 PM
Liam Craig needs to STFU and get on with the game. His constant whining at/to the ref throughout the game really grinds ma gears.

matty_f
17-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I thought we coasted the game, and I'd have loved to see us play with the pace and intensity that we did against The Rangers and the Yams. I think we could have scored double what we did if we approached the game like that.

Not sure if that's a negative or a resounding positive really, I can't have too many complaints at a 5-0 win where our keeper literally didn't have a save to make.

It was a very professional performance, very entertaining in spells and I think it was only that 20 minutes in the second half that was 'dull'.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Liam Craig needs to STFU and get on with the game. His constant whining at/to the ref throughout the game really grinds ma gears.

If he wasn't there'd be claims that he's not doing enough captain stuff.

Brightside
17-01-2015, 08:56 PM
So many folk leaving early was a slight negative(if being picky). It was like a fire drill in the East after about 87 minutes. Was the same against Rangers. Fully understand that some folk need to leave for buses, but not sure why so many others flood out? The players deserve to get a round of applause after performances like today and Rangers IMO. Must be a few folk that missed Lewis' goal today, not to worry though there will be another one along in two years 

drives me nuts. i wouldn't let the buggers in for the first 10 mins of the next game.

Brightside
17-01-2015, 08:58 PM
I'll put my hand up to being one of them (no booing though :greengrin) as I felt we were really slack for 20 mins in that 2nd half but on reflection letting them have the ball without hurting us drew them out a lot more leaving room for create a bit more easily. Not sure if that was the plan or it just happened, but all in some good goals, hitting the net regularly at home (12 in 3) so promising signs.

Really happy for Booth as he played very well on the left and got a deserved goal.

This is not a dig at you at all...... but i think we;ve been used to some right awful football for the last few years and many fans aren't used to holding the ball without attacking. there's nothing wrong with that. gives us a breather, and annoys teams. Stubbs goes on about it all the team. If we keep the ball - they can't win.

DaveF
17-01-2015, 09:07 PM
This is not a dig at you at all...... but i think we;ve been used to some right awful football for the last few years and many fans aren't used to holding the ball without attacking. there's nothing wrong with that. gives us a breather, and annoys teams. Stubbs goes on about it all the team. If we keep the ball - they can't win.

Oh I know, I've seen it all :greengrin

I take your point but I just felt (during that spell) we were slack and giving them a bit too much ball. After last week, who in the ground was certain nothing would happen as a result?

In the end, nothing did and we killed them off in style which was great to see. Against better teams (ala last week) we won't get away with these mini coma's during games.

Brightside
17-01-2015, 09:11 PM
Oh I know, I've seen it all :greengrin

I take your point but I just felt (during that spell) we were slack and giving them a bit too much ball. After last week, who in the ground was certain nothing would happen as a result?

In the end, nothing did and we killed them off in style which was great to see. Against better teams (ala last week) we won't get away with these mini coma's during games.

yeh agree there was 10 mins were we let them in a bit. our midfield to blame for that. i do worry about scott allans fitness.

capitals_finest
17-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Only negative for me was the walloper behind me in the East who kept yelling 'UNBELIEVABLE' every time a Hibs move didn't result in a spectacular goal. I gave him 'UNBELIEVABLE' in spades when Scotty got that third goal. Twats like him should stay at home if they can't support the team. Does my head in.

I always remember someone who kept shouting 'this is ABLOMINABLE!!' With an L. My mate eventually turned round and said to the guy 'its abominable, ABOMINABLE.
The next again week the guys shouting 'this is pandemlonia!!'

allezsauzee
17-01-2015, 09:56 PM
The only negative for me is the poor quality of opposition. We didn't really need to extend ourselves and we won 5-0. Not Hibs fault. We did what we needed to do.

Iain G
17-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Another wee thing to sort out, we dont know how to use Boyle properly and feed him balls he can use his pace to run onto, either over the top or threaded passes, we have this extra dimension to our attack and the midfield and Cummings need to work out how to release him better, will come with more game time I hope.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2015, 11:14 PM
We have just recorded our biggest home win of the season ,I am not saying we are the finished article but we all know that . Just don't see point in starting a thread with that heading after a 5. 0 win :confused:

matty_f
17-01-2015, 11:24 PM
We have just recorded our biggest home win of the season ,I am not saying we are the finished article but we all know that . Just don't see point in starting a thread with that heading after a 5. 0 win :confused:
Going by the content in the OP, I think it was started to highlight just how few negatives there were yesterday.

Ronniekirk
17-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Going by the content in the OP, I think it was started to highlight just how few negatives there were yesterday.

Looking at it that way point taken ,correction three points taken :agree::agree::agree: