PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs In The Transfer Market

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2015, 02:55 PM
General point: he knows how to do business here better than any Hibs manager I can remember.

Aldo
17-01-2015, 03:02 PM
General point: he knows how to do business here better than any Hibs manager I can remember.

Agreed. He's not bringing in players just for the sake of it. Quality over quantity.

No complaints from me (at the moment anyway).

Keep it up Stubbsy!!

Lee Marvin
17-01-2015, 03:03 PM

Agreed. As stupid as it sounds, I'm almost more impressed with the amount of trialists he has turned down (as they are not good enough), then the signings he has made.

We are not just signing every tom, dick and harry like the last 7yrs

TheFamous1875
17-01-2015, 03:10 PM
It's worth remembering that Stubbs has an infrastructure in place behind him for dealing in the transfer market. We have all the things in place to be a top club at this level and it's disgusting that this hasn't been the norm for a club of our stature until now (Gray is our first acceptable right-back since Whittaker!!) long may it continue!!

HoboHarry
17-01-2015, 03:42 PM
It's worth remembering that Stubbs has an infrastructure in place behind him for dealing in the transfer market. We have all the things in place to be a top club at this level and it's disgusting that this hasn't been the norm for a club of our stature until now (Gray is our first acceptable right-back since Whittaker!!) long may it continue!!
Quite correct and it's worth noting that our in-house bangers who were shouting about buying players at the start of the season before we had a management structure in place have gone quiet now. Thankfully.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-01-2015, 04:57 PM
The neglect of this side of the business and apparent inability to adequately manage the EM side of the house has been criminal. We should have been a significant way along the learning curve to making EM tick but We appear to have suffered from had too many reboots.

But it what a difference when you have what seems like the right man in the driving seat with a appropriate support.

Now to arrange a tie-up with Palmeiras...

Ozyhibby
17-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Should it not be 'Mathie in the transfer market' as he is head of player recruitment?

Ozyhibby
17-01-2015, 05:02 PM
Quite correct and it's worth noting that our in-house bangers who were shouting about buying players at the start of the season before we had a management structure in place have gone quiet now. Thankfully.

The 'in-house bangers' probably thought a good start would be important if we wanted to win this league. You've really proved them wrong though. ;-)

HoboHarry
17-01-2015, 05:09 PM
The 'in-house bangers' probably thought a good start would be important if we wanted to win this league. You've really proved them wrong though. ;-)
Who didn't want a good start? Still, if the cap fits wear it and all that.....

jacomo
17-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Should it not be 'Mathie in the transfer market' as he is head of player recruitment?

Credit to him too, but the fact we got loans from Everyon and Celtic suggests AS has a major say.

I also like his overall strategy - initially I couldn't quite see it, but having lots of attacking players all competing with each other for a starting place has done wonders for improving the way we play.

ano hibby
17-01-2015, 05:53 PM
Credit to him too, but the fact we got loans from Everyon and Celtic suggests AS has a major say.

I also like his overall strategy - initially I couldn't quite see it, but having lots of attacking players all competing with each other for a starting place has done wonders for improving the way we play.

Think Mathie came from Celtic. Encouraging trends in signings as you say.

Northern Hibby
17-01-2015, 06:26 PM
The neglect sof this side of the business and apparent inability to adequately manage the EM side of the house has been criminal. We should have been a significant way along the learning curve to making EM tick but We appear to have suffered from had too many reboots.

But it what a difference when you have what seems like the right man in the driving seat with a appropriate support.

Now to arrange a tie-up with Palmeiras...

Or woman

jacomo
17-01-2015, 07:37 PM

Ridiculous post. Do you not remember our slow start which gave Hearts a massive advantage in the title race?

From October onwards Hibs have looked like a proper team again. Unfortunately the season didn't start in October.

HoboHarry
17-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Ridiculous post. Do you not remember our slow start which gave Hearts a massive advantage in the title race?

From October onwards Hibs have looked like a proper team again. Unfortunately the season didn't start in October.
Aye, with a complete management team in place. Is this very difficult for you?

Northernhibee
17-01-2015, 09:46 PM

I really honestly don't know what Stubbs and co could have done to get us up and running ready for the start of the season. Do you?

HoboHarry
17-01-2015, 10:00 PM
I really honestly don't know what Stubbs and co could have done to get us up and running ready for the start of the season. Do you?
That was the point I was making - at the start of the season some people on here were moaning because AS wasn't buying players galore when it was perfectly obvious that he couldn't do everything at one time. Now that he has a good and complete team behind the scenes, we are seeing the benefits for the team on the park as well as having the supporting staff to go out and scope out potential targets. Seems pretty clear to me.....

Northernhibee
17-01-2015, 10:11 PM
That was the point I was making - at the start of the season some people on here were moaning because AS wasn't buying players galore when it was perfectly obvious that he couldn't do everything at one time. Now that he has a good and complete team behind the scenes, we are seeing the benefits for the team on the park as well as having the supporting staff to go out and scope out potential targets. Seems pretty clear to me.....

I agree - if people are thinking that this is how good we can be then we've only just started. Excited for the future.

jacomo
17-01-2015, 10:40 PM

I don't blame AS at all. Our slow start was largely a consequence of our disastruous end to last season, and then LD being dropped into a crisis situation from the start. It was and is completely reasonable to hold Hibs accountable for that.

jacomo
17-01-2015, 10:45 PM
Aye, with a complete management team in place. Is this very difficult for you?

We won 5-0 today and you thought you'd throw out a cheap insult at other Hibbies, and then this? I literally cannot be bothered.

cabbageandribs1875
17-01-2015, 10:56 PM
We won 5-0 today and you thought you'd throw out a cheap insult at other Hibbies, and then this? I literally cannot be bothered.

they do the same thing every week, without fail :wink: the 3rd one hasn't appeared yet :greengrin

HoboHarry
17-01-2015, 10:57 PM
It would appear that you literally can.... lol

Northernhibee
17-01-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't blame AS at all. Our slow start was largely a consequence of our disastruous end to last season, and then LD being dropped into a crisis situation from the start. It was and is completely reasonable to hold Hibs accountable for that.

I honestly think that as a support we have to move on and see this as an entirely new era. Let's not dwell on what's happened, we have plenty to get really, really excited about to come and I've got both eyes set on that.

jacomo
17-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I honestly think that as a support we have to move on and see this as an entirely new era. Let's not dwell on what's happened, we have plenty to get really, really excited about to come and I've got both eyes set on that.

That's fine and completely understandable. My regret is that, because of the depth of the problems at the club, we effectively gave our rivals a two month head start at the beginning of the season. Had we been ready in July, we could easily have another 10 points right now.

However, I do agree that dwelling on this is not healthy, and we are in a much better place. This must be the first transfer window since Yogi's first summer where the support has faith that the club is doing everything possible to strengthen the squad.

SMAXXA
17-01-2015, 11:59 PM
That's fine and completely understandable. My regret is that, because of the depth of the problems at the club, we effectively gave our rivals a two month head start at the beginning of the season. Had we been ready in July, we could easily have another 10 points right now.

However, I do agree that dwelling on this is not healthy, and we are in a much better place. This must be the first transfer window since Yogi's first summer where the support has faith that the club is doing everything possible to strengthen the squad.

To be fair there ps been some fine lines this season where we have been unlucky or just fell short, look at the points we've dropped against Falkirk, 8 is it when really we should have at least 7 out of the 9, dropped 2 against hearts with that Turks screamer takes us to 9or 10 and we would be right in the mix. Ultamatley we've not got them so we move on but with that in mind even with the upheaval and slow start we wouldn't necessarily be a million miles away which again is a credit to what AS and hibs have done since the farce they inherited this season.

matty_f
18-01-2015, 12:27 AM
To be fair there ps been some fine lines this season where we have been unlucky or just fell short, look at the points we've dropped against Falkirk, 8 is it when really we should have at least 7 out of the 9, dropped 2 against hearts with that Turks screamer takes us to 9or 10 and we would be right in the mix. Ultamatley we've not got them so we move on but with that in mind even with the upheaval and slow start we wouldn't necessarily be a million miles away which again is a credit to what AS and hibs have done since the farce they inherited this season.

Spot on.

Borderhibbie76
18-01-2015, 08:57 AM

Spot on its fine margins indeed...we could easily have won all 3 against the gimps this season but only 2 pts
..However the turnaround under Stubbsy in just 6 months has been nothing short of miraculous he has literally built thos from ground zero and its great being a hibee again for the 1st time in about 7 years...take a bow Stubbsy