PDA

View Full Version : Leeann Dempster & Alan Stubbs (and all others at club) - keep up the good work!

madhatter
16-01-2015, 12:43 PM
What a difference they have made to the feel around the club - I'm still, like most Hibs fans, upset after we lose or unnecessarily draw, but the negativity is not as potent. There are still choruses of boos from time to time which I think collectively we need to stamp out where possible.

I accept we are not where we want to be and the Hamilton game at ER will always stay with me for the wrong reasons. I just hope collectively, if at all possible, we unite and back our club. Whether we support them every Saturday in the stands, buy products from the club, get involved in the community, or more recently back the imminent launch of HSL.

We obviously can only do what we can but as long as we do a little bit collectively, we'll have a big effect and get a club we can be proud of!

As William Wallace once said "Unite Us" (obviously depicted by Mel Gibson in a movie rather than based on 100% fact)!

Onwards and upwards!

Pretty Boy
16-01-2015, 12:51 PM
People have a choice.

They can support the changes being made or they can choose not to. I've seen enough to suggest it's worth sticking with.

The progress has been slower than ideal but from the starting point that's hardly a shock. We need to get into the play offs in as high a position as possible and take it from there. We are definitely going in the right direction.

Smartie
16-01-2015, 12:51 PM
Well said that man.

J-C
16-01-2015, 01:22 PM
Definitely a different feel at the club, far more positive these days, there was booing last week at the end ( I never boo tbh don't see the point in it ) but the way we capitulated in the 2nd half was very disappointing, we still have that wee softness in there from time to time.

madhatter
16-01-2015, 01:30 PM
People have a choice.

They can support the changes being made or they can choose not to. I've seen enough to suggest it's worth sticking with.

The progress has been slower than ideal but from the starting point that's hardly a shock. We need to get into the play offs in as high a position as possible and take it from there. We are definitely going in the right direction.

Absolutely. That goes for life in general - people should support what they believe in. If people have belief that the changes are right then if they can support it in any way possible.

I agree change hasn't been perfect but I believe our aim should be 2nd in league. We've been our own downfall when we've dropped points. No team has outplayed us this season which I'm pleased about. We need a ruthless streak and we still display a timidness in challenges and whilst picking a pass. We keep winning and we'll get 2nd.

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2015, 01:34 PM
All I keep reminding myself is the state we were in at the end of May, and how the club is looking now. And the important thing to remember with that is not just to focus on how many points we've gathered so far. I think the work thats been done in 7 months, behind the scenes is absolutely superb, and we need to bear with that, and back the club. The difference in every aspect of the way the club now does things is quite visible, but will be even more visible as time goes by - for example fitness levels, youth development. And I think we will see the true impact of our new recruitment methods in the summer.
I am more confident for our future on the field than I have been for YEARS, and that sounds bizarre considering we are sitting 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football

SlickShoes
16-01-2015, 01:52 PM
There is a much different feel about the place, I am still not happy with our over all lack of victories but we were completely out of control free fall in the summer.

This league table from the end of September lets you know that Alan Stubbs has worked hard and turned us around from a total shambles to something resembling a football team: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/scotland/championship/2014-2015/table/2014-09-27

It's been a huge transformation, but we still have a long way to go, I'm not expecting us to get promoted this year although it would be great, a second season in this league will be very tricky.

JHFC
16-01-2015, 03:54 PM
What I like about AS is he is bringing an english style in to the scottish game. Nice free flowing passing football. The way we want it. We are not 100% there yet but we are getting there. Soon he wants us to play 2/3 different formations to adjust to different teams. Bring on the rest of the season! Hearts have won it so let's kick on and secure second place. Exciting times ahead imho :thumbsup

Shields Hibee
16-01-2015, 11:52 PM
Were improving slowly and surely, would be nice to have a few more home victories in the bag but the football is a massive improvement to the dross that the last 3 incumbents served up at ER. Second place has to be our aim, it looks as if Hertz have won it unless they go on a major bad run but next season we must be challenging for 1st place.

Comparing the club now with May 2014, its a different place and I generally feel happy going to ER, LD is making inroads and reconnecting the club with the fans. Changes take time but we are starting to see positives which is good. Onwards and upwards!

matty_f
17-01-2015, 09:52 AM
This is a thread that deserves more than 8 replies because it's spot on.

The difference at the club is massive, fair enough we all want to be closer to the top of the league but the amount and pace of change throughout the club has been impressive.

Of course there have been blips but that's to be expected if you're overhauling everything.

Credit where it's due, Stubbs side is starting to put bums on seats (and then get them off the seats!) and the club looks well on the road to recovery.

Danderhall Hibs
17-01-2015, 10:13 AM

The difference at the club is massive, fair enough we all want to be closer to the top of the league but the amount and pace of change throughout the club has been impressive.

Of course there have been blips but that's to be expected if you're overhauling everything.

Credit where it's due, Stubbs side is starting to put bums on seats (and then get them off the seats!) and the club looks well on the road to recovery.

It does deserve more replies.

The change in the small things like communication has been great - updates on operations on the official site, progress reports on twitter etc make such a difference.

bigwheel
17-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Good OP...worthy of a reply. Agree completely, we have a long way to go but at least there is a feeling of progress. The players seem to care, the management team are good at their job, the board are supporting as much as possible, and the fans are starting to feel connected again to the club they love...Let keep moving forward! Respect is coming back!

spike220
17-01-2015, 10:33 AM
The hard work is evident to see, I hope we keep working hard. That is what will turn this club this club there is no magic formula only hard work!!

greenlex
17-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Nowt to add but it ups the replies

whiskyhibby
17-01-2015, 11:39 AM

Agree the transformation has been great, we can now look forward to a Green and bright future. GGTTH

kaimendhibs
17-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I am loving the change at the club. As I posted last week I am enjoying my football again. Well done Hibs, onwards and upwards

eastcoasthibby
17-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Totally agree with all the reflections on the way we are moving across the different aspects of the club and I am sure it will progress. Like others it's the pace of change on the park that raises questions for me, not the type and quality of football being played, which is a joy to behold a lot of the time and I don't see that changing, it's the significant dips in performances in games that lets the other team in, especially at home, where winning will definitely mean more "bums on the seats" and revenue, which all fuels the progress. We need to find a leader or two on the park, that can play and drive the playing side on, we are soft on the park, physically and in attitude.
I put emphasis on this aspect because what happens on the park is the biggest single factor that will significantly enhance and provide quicker progress for the club, although i totally accept that the foundation need rebuilt as well and that is the other work quite rightly acknowledge that brings a "feeling better" factor to our club.

AS and LD are doing brilliantly now we need a bit of help with a couple of much needed signings to bolster and progress us on the field.
GGTTH

Keith_M
17-01-2015, 04:08 PM
I second that emotion

:aok:

Lee Marvin
17-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Says everything to me that I'm going to QOTS away next week - and actually looking forward to it. This is down to the aforementioned two!

Both magnificent appointments. Well done rod petrie... :)

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2015, 04:21 PM
People have a choice.

Not sure it has been that slow under Stubbs/Dempster. We've been heading in the wrong direction for seven years, and like a runaway oil tanker, we've built up a fair bit of momentum hurtling towards failure. To slow that down, reverse it, and turn it around within the timeframe they've had, is pretty good going I think.

Not wishing to be negative, because by appointing Dempster and letting her appoint Stubbs, and letting them get on with running the club, they have finally recognised the problem, but it shows how poor Petrie and Farmer's regime (lucking out with Mowbray aside) has been on playing side.

Jack Hackett
17-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Not sure it has been that slow under Stubbs/Dempster. We've been heading in the wrong direction for seven years, and like a runaway oil tanker, we've built up a fair bit of momentum hurtling towards failure. To slow that down, reverse it, and turn it around within the timeframe they've had, is pretty good going I think.

Not wishing to be negative, because by appointing Dempster and letting her appoint Stubbs, and letting them get on with running the club, they have finally recognised the problem, but it shows how poor Petrie and Farmer's regime (lucking out with Mowbray aside) has been on playing side.

:top marks

Neither STF or RP were football men, and while their financial accumen is undisputed, it became painfully obvious that their strategies on the football side of the club relied more on luck than judgement. We should give them credit that they've belatedly woken to this fact and taken a back seat

--------
17-01-2015, 04:38 PM
IIRC when Leeann Dempster and Alan Stubbs arrived at ER we were in a considerable degree of uncertainty as to how many players we actually had in the squad, thanks to Butcher and Malpas telling most of the senior players they were rubbish and surplus to requirements. There was a poisonous atmosphere among the fans, both at the games and on the forums and social media, and a lot of us were genuinely wondering whether it was even possible to turn the club around in anything less that 3-4 years.

I'm not going to congratulate Rod Petrie or Tom Farmer too fulsomely on the appointments - I'm absolutely positive that the only reason they finally made changes was because of the mounting publicly-expressed anger and frustration of the fans. But Leeann Dempster has done wonders in a very short time, and the change in atmosphere at the stadium is in my opinion very largely down to her hands-on approach and sound business (and common) sense.

Alan Stubbs has made some very astute signings, re-organised the team and got them playing good football again, and slowly but surely Hibs are becoming a harder team to beat. And all this in seven months.

We're not there yet, and we still may not go up this season, but we're a vastly different crew to what Butcher and Malpas had made of us.

emerald green
17-01-2015, 04:40 PM
I agree that LD and AS and all their teams, and the players, deserve praise and credit for turning things around after years of decline and failure of leadership at all levels at this club.

The job is not done though until Hibs are back where they belong in the Premiership, not the Championship. That's why I think the take up of shares in HSL could be very important in achieving that aim, and keeping Hibs where they belong.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2015, 04:47 PM
I think we've gotten a bit more realistic as a support under Stubbs and Dempster. Of course we should never have been in the position we are, but it happened, and we've grown more pragmatic about what it takes to get out off it. Even several weeks back, a two goal lead surrendered at home to Falkirk would have had some here on suicide watch, particularly after the Huns result/performance.

Now we're playing decent football, with a bright, hungry coach who is always looking to improve and strengthen.

I sense now that Hearts are a little scared of us, their fans not relishing derbies on a level playing field without the financial doping.

We'll be a force again, and in an era where a lot of our competitors will need to shell out on stadium/training facilities.

jacomo
17-01-2015, 06:46 PM

Spot on. It highlights the rampant mismanagement that was allowed to carry on unchecked for years.

WillowbraeHibby
17-01-2015, 06:51 PM
I think we've gotten a bit more realistic as a support under Stubbs and Dempster. Of course we should never have been in the position we are, but it happened, and we've grown more pragmatic about what it takes to get out off it. Even several weeks back, a two goal lead surrendered at home to Falkirk would have had some here on suicide watch, particularly after the Huns result/performance.

Now we're playing decent football, with a bright, hungry coach who is always looking to improve and strengthen.

I sense now that Hearts are a little scared of us, their fans not relishing derbies on a level playing field without the financial doping.

We'll be a force again, and in an era where a lot of our competitors will need to shell out on stadium/training facilities.

:top marks

Ozyhibby
17-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Were improving slowly and surely, would be nice to have a few more home victories in the bag but the football is a massive improvement to the dross that the last 3 incumbents served up at ER. Second place has to be our aim, it looks as if Hertz have won it unless they go on a major bad run but next season we must be challenging for 1st place.

Comparing the club now with May 2014, its a different place and I generally feel happy going to ER, LD is making inroads and reconnecting the club with the fans. Changes take time but we are starting to see positives which is good. Onwards and upwards!

Bloody hell, things have got worse. We were only ten points off the top in that table. :-)

mca
17-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Cany Call us Glory Hunters... that's fer sure.. :wink:

jacomo
17-01-2015, 10:01 PM

Personally speaking, I don't I am more realistic, I am just pleased to be seeing the club going about things in a professional manner after years of drift and, frankly, poor management at every level.

As for the bit in bold - sadly, we have been here before, and it really counts for little given their commanding lead in the division.

Still, credit to LD and AS, as well as others of course. I do not underestimate their achievements at all.