PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller signs for Cork City

Bayern Bru
15-01-2015, 10:38 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/ex-hibs-and-celtic-ace-liam-miller-joins-cork-city-1-3662952

Signs for his hometown club.

Was disappointed when he left Hibs as he was the best in a seemingly endless run of humpty midfielders (De Graaf, Thornhill et al).

But maybe we got the best out of him?

Iain G
15-01-2015, 10:40 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/ex-hibs-and-celtic-ace-liam-miller-joins-cork-city-1-3662952

Was disappointed when he left Hibs as he was the best in a seemingly endless run of humpty midfielders (De Graaf, Thornhill et al).

Every time I saw him in the A League he was forgettable...

Centre Hawf
16-01-2015, 02:03 AM

If that was his best then I'd hate to see what he's like now.

Michael
16-01-2015, 05:56 AM
His first 6 months were good, but was utterly pants after that. Same with McBride.

lord bunberry
16-01-2015, 06:02 AM
Apart from maybe De Graff I would say he was the most disappointing player I've seen at Easter Road. He had the talent to be a real top player but didn't show it often enough.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-01-2015, 06:29 AM
Would have been a great player if he stayed at celtic

Onion
16-01-2015, 06:51 AM
Really good player for Hibs .. for about 6 months. After that, we might as well have stuck the strip on his dug. Big let down.

johnbc70
16-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Would have been a great player if he stayed at celtic

He had many chances elsewhere to become a great player, staying at Celtic was no guarantee. Maybe if he stayed he would have been ordinary and forever thought about the time he turned down Manchester United...

Frazerbob
16-01-2015, 07:03 AM
His first 6 months were good, but was utterly pants after that. Same with McBride.

Spot on. He turned into a total bottle merchant who should have ran the midfield but refused to take any responsabilty. His career after Hibs tells you all you need to know.

JimBHibees
16-01-2015, 12:23 PM
Spot on. He turned into a total bottle merchant who should have ran the midfield but refused to take any responsabilty. His career after Hibs tells you all you need to know.

Cant disagree the most frustrating thing was how talented he was can remember him being brilliant in a game through in Motherwell and was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Apart from maybe De Graff I would say he was the most disappointing player I've seen at Easter Road. He had the talent to be a real top player but didn't show it often enough.

Jonatan Johansson fell into that category for me too. Excited when he signed, and simply didnt live up to expectations.