PDA

View Full Version : Manchester bar recommendations

lyonhibs
15-01-2015, 09:07 AM
I'm off to Manchester this weekend for a stag do, and was just wondering if any .net experts had pub/bar recommendations?

We won't be wearing daft t-shirts or dressing the stag up in a gimp suit, so hopefully getting in places won't be too much of a nightmare.

Even just decent streets/areas to go would be good (P.S. I'm aware that Canal Street is the gay district....)

Over to you.......

Stranraer
15-01-2015, 01:52 PM
Was down last year, there's a bar right near the big wheel which is great - a few local characters. They were a bit funny with the Scottish money at first but eventually we had a laugh.

Sorry I don't know what it's called :confused:

Stranraer
15-01-2015, 01:54 PM
I think it might be The Mitre...

Colr
15-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm off to Manchester this weekend for a stag do, and was just wondering if any .net experts had pub/bar recommendations?

We won't be wearing daft t-shirts or dressing the stag up in a gimp suit, so hopefully getting in places won't be too much of a nightmare.

Even just decent streets/areas to go would be good (P.S. I'm aware that Canal Street is the gay district....)

Over to you.......

Peveril of the Peak
Lass O' Gowrie

If they are still there.

There was a good basement bar in Half Moon Street.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2015, 03:47 PM
The Temple near Oxford Road Station is an interesting wee pub. Used to be a public toilet!

#FromTheCapital
15-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Head down to the print works if your on a mad one. Loads of bars and clubs around there.

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2015, 06:18 PM
Mind and wipe your feet on the way out ................of Manchester

YehButNoBut
22-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Also a visit to the curry mile is a must, just follow Oxford Rd all the way down past the Uni & The Academy, not to be missed by curry lovers.

http://www.manchesterrestaurants.com/rusholme.htm